** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

African Nations Cup 2008

Re: Africa Cup of Nations - matches 28/1 - 31/1

True, limited budgets for top managers, limited patience to wait for a good manager to build a good team hence great potential wasted. The closest I remember with chances to play 7 games in WC was Nigeria in 1994, with a team on paper good enough to beat everyone, and they blew it... No wonder Ivory Coast, Ghana and Egypt look favourites long before the Cup, it is the defence that makes them better, or rather tactical culture. Was tempted a lot by Senegal at 11,00 before the games with great names, but after watching them it will be pure luck if they can win against any of those 3.
Their keepers are awful!

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Africa Cup of Nations - matches 28/1 - 31/1 Nigeria only need to score 2 goals to scupper that bet! as it will be a draw on the handicap then!!!

i see Benin +2 at almost evens...considering Nigera has yet to score in the tournament i think there is great value here in hoping Benin don't lose by 3.

Re: Africa Cup of Nations - matches 28/1 - 31/1 Any normal time Ivory Coast would beat Mali, however this is no ordinary time!!! Both teams require only a point from this game and one of the favourites Nigeria will be out!!! Both teams have selection problems as Ivory Coast will be without injured Kolo Toure and Mali will be without their captain Mahamadou Diarra. I really can't see anything other than a draw here no matter what people say about everyone will be watching to see if it is a fixed game! They don't have to agree anything before hand, just go out onto the pitch weigh each other up for 1st ten minutes then each can settle back safe in the knowledge each other are through! Bookies ain't daft why do you think a draw is priced at 10/11 when any normal given time it's just over 2/1... I'll be having a go at the following: Draw Half-time - Draw Full time @13/8 Paddypower Draw @10/11 Paddypower Scoreline 1 v 1 @11/4 Paddypower :ok

Re: Africa Cup of Nations - matches 28/1 - 31/1 Im predicting a Ivory Coast win tonight... Im not buying into the draw and im hoping they do the business. Placed them with a double with Nigeria and imo they will no doubt come out with the guns blazing knowing they need to do the business. Also looking at a Yakubu first goalscorer.

Im predicting a Ivory Coast win tonight... Im not buying into the draw and im hoping they do the business. Placed them with a double with Nigeria and imo they will no doubt come out with the guns blazing knowing they need to do the business. Also looking at a Yakubu first goalscorer.
Nigeria are playing like they've just met each other :\

Ive gone for Nigeria -1 @ 8/11 Must win game for Nigeria against a poor Benin outfit, Results will need to go the Nigerians way but all they can do is put this one to sleep..... Football Tipper
geeees what a bunch of missfits was thinking this was down the drain but just managed to scrape it

Re: African Nations Cup 2008 - Outright

Ivory Coast to win group B @ 2.20 Bet365 3/10 Well the Ivories are many people favourites to win this competition and they should go quite a long way. Group B is definitely hard one and Nigeria and very strong opponents, bit I feel that Ivory Coast can pip them to get top spot. Mali cant be underestimated either but you’d have to think that the strength of the big 2 will be too much. A lot will rest on the opening group game between Ivory Coast and Nigeria, as long as they don’t lose it then they should get top spot IMO. We all know a lot about the attacking potential of the elephants and they are sure to score a lot of goals, which could be important should they tie with Nigeria at the top of the group. I think that 2.20 is quite a big price to see them at the summit and I’ll take a bit of it with 3/10 stakes. It would also potentially be very advantageous to avoid Ghana in the quarter finals and with the hosts likely to top group A, it suddenly becomes important that the Ivory Coast get the job done.
So my 2nd outright comes in :ok However, it will all get sour now because Cameroon wont win their group and Senegal will soon be eliminated. Still I'm confident that Cameroon can go a long way and also that Sammy Eto'o can get the golden boot :tongue2

Ivory Coast vs Mali somethings quite strange, Mali just needed 1 point from Ivory Coast to ensure their progress to the next stage, and throw out the Nigerians. look at the odds for draw. at 2.06!! will drogba and gang help mali to progress and throw out kanu and friends? certainly, i believe they will as nigeria certainly poses more threats than mali even though mali is a not a bad team. hence, im going all out for a draw between ivory coast and mali tonight!
I couldnt be more wrong too.. guess drogba loves competition and they wana take on the nigerians again.

Re: Africa Cup of Nations - matches 28/1 - 31/1 Nigeria are a pile of shyte, very lucky to have made it through to the QFs IMO. They only just sneaked home and I'd be surprised if Ghana failed to beat them next. Nigeria are the biggest disappointment for me so far in this tournament, I expected much more. Ivory Coast, I was surprised they didn't opt for the draw and KO Nigeria :loon

Quite tempted by the Cote D'Ivoire at 6/4. The draw is as low as 1.9 due to the fact it would see both teams progress but we have seen this kind of situation before like Milan Celtic earlier in the season where punters lump on a draw believing neither side will want to take too many risks. It is a risk especially the longer the game goes on but for me the Elephants are the strongest team in the competition and I'm tempted by the 6/4 at an inflated price.
Opted for them in the end and now regretting i didnt put more on it, think this will kick into touch any theories about teams settling for draws especially in the wake of the scandal in Italy games are under more scrutiny than ever.

Opted for them in the end and now regretting i didnt put more on it' date=' think this will kick into touch any theories about teams settling for draws especially in the wake of the scandal in Italy games are under more scrutiny than ever.[/quote'] Well done, Marty and everybody who backed Ivory Coast :ok Nigeria got through but they didn't deserve it. They do not play as a team and are toothless in attack, no wonder Ivory Coast would have them through :lol. Ghana look better to go further, even after OT vs Nigeria as I can't see Nigeria picking up the pieces in such a short time. Shame, as they certainly got a lot of quality on paper...........

Well done' date=' Marty and everybody who backed Ivory Coast :ok Nigeria got through but they didn't deserve it. They do not play as a team and are toothless in attack, no wonder Ivory Coast would have them through :lol. Ghana look better to go further, even after OT vs Nigeria as I can't see Nigeria picking up the pieces in such a short time. Shame, as they certainly got a lot of quality on paper...........[/quote'] I can sum up Nigeria's problem in two words...... Berti Vogts.

Re: Africa Cup of Nations - matches 28/1 - 31/1 Egypt vs Zambia Egypt @ 4/9 Although Egypt only need a point to qualify for the quarter finals they will need to win to make sure that they finish top of the group (although they have a better goal difference than Cameroon, you can't rule out Cameroon giving Sudan a hammering especially considering Sudan have shipped 6 goals in there first 2 games and have yet to score in the competition).

Re: Africa Cup of Nations - matches 28/1 - 31/1 Egypt -1 @ 2.0 Canbet 6/10 To be honest I’m quite stunned to find only a -1 AH line on Egypt today and it deserves to be much more IMO. Ok lets start with the negatives - they don’t have to win the game but they also cant afford to be fiddling around with a draw in case of a danger of small defeat. Egypt are expected to be at full strength for the match, and although I’d imagine some of the players wont be as bothered today, the North Africans appear to me like a team who needs to keep up their momentum. Any poor performance or result here could affect their rhythm so I expect them to pretty much ‘go for the win’ Zambia also must realistically win this match to stand any chance of qualification, but there is a clear class difference between these 2 sides. Zambia have some decent pace in attack, but aren’t the best of finishers and tend to have a lot of efforts going way off target. Egypt have proven to be clinical, fast and skilful in attack so far, and their frontline should be ideal to break down a weak Zambian defence which has made a lot of errors in this tournament. The only danger like I said is that Egypt don’t ‘have’ to win but I see no real reason why they shouldn’t get 3 points and get them fairly easily. The -1AH is far too generous by bookies and I don’t know why they continue to overestimate Zambia? Nothing against them personally, but they are certainly nothing special. In what has, and will continue to be a tough round of final matches, this bet looks by far the best IMO and hopefully will win.

Egypt -1 @ 2.0 Canbet 6/10 To be honest I’m quite stunned to find only a -1 AH line on Egypt today and it deserves to be much more IMO. Ok lets start with the negatives - they don’t have to win the game but they also cant afford to be fiddling around with a draw in case of a danger of small defeat. Egypt are expected to be at full strength for the match, and although I’d imagine some of the players wont be as bothered today, the North Africans appear to me like a team who needs to keep up their momentum. Any poor performance or result here could affect their rhythm so I expect them to pretty much ‘go for the win’ Zambia also must realistically win this match to stand any chance of qualification, but there is a clear class difference between these 2 sides. Zambia have some decent pace in attack, but aren’t the best of finishers and tend to have a lot of efforts going way off target. Egypt have proven to be clinical, fast and skilful in attack so far, and their frontline should be ideal to break down a weak Zambian defence which has made a lot of errors in this tournament. The only danger like I said is that Egypt don’t ‘have’ to win but I see no real reason why they shouldn’t get 3 points and get them fairly easily. The -1AH is far too generous by bookies and I don’t know why they continue to overestimate Zambia? Nothing against them personally, but they are certainly nothing special. In what has, and will continue to be a tough round of final matches, this bet looks by far the best IMO and hopefully will win.
Good call... Egypt half time full time is evens with Ladbrokes, Quite fancy that also.

Re: Africa Cup of Nations - matches 28/1 - 31/1 Egypt looks like a good call, but considering they don't have the pressure on them I'm going for the straight win. I'm surprised no one has mentioned Cameroon -2. I just took this at 2,00 at Nordicbet. Cameroon are probably through as well, even if they don't win, as long as Zambia don't beat Egypt, but after losing 4-2 in the first match against Egypt they can't really afford to show signs of weakness. Sudan have yet to score a goal and have lost both matches 0-3, while Cameroon have scored lots.

Egypt vs Zambia Egypt @ 4/9 Although Egypt only need a point to qualify for the quarter finals they will need to win to make sure that they finish top of the group (although they have a better goal difference than Cameroon, you can't rule out Cameroon giving Sudan a hammering especially considering Sudan have shipped 6 goals in there first 2 games and have yet to score in the competition).
Egypt will top the group with a mere draw, my friend, as they will have 7 points then and Cameroon will have 6 no matter how big they win over Sudan. The extra 2 points are only "prestigeous" to the Egyptian squad to match Cote d'Ivoire & Ghana with 9 points, and also to avoid the embarrassment of failing to win over a team that has conceded 5 against Cameroon. Cameroon -2 is a dangerous handicap because all Cameroon need to do is win the game to qualify. If Zambia wins Cameroon tops the group, whilest a drawor an EGyptian win keeps them in 2nd place. Goals don't mean much today except for Zambia whom need to win by 3 or more over Egypt 9assuming Cameroon does win over Sudan) for Zambia to go through and Egypt to go back to Cairo.

Re: Africa Cup of Nations - matches 28/1 - 31/1 Cameroon -2 HCP Evs Paddypower People will say this is dangerous because Cameroon only have to make sure they win! However fresh in Cameroons' minds will be the failure to qualify for the 2006 World Cup. Cameroon played Egypt in their final match, missing a last-gasp penalty that allowed Ivory Coast to snatch top spot in their qualifying group. Also add to this Eto'o is after the record for most goals scored in the African Nations, he needs one more to surpass the current 14 goals mark we he currently shares. Sudan have been very poor and have shipped 3 goals in each of their last games and not scored any. Cameroon have scored 5 in their last match v Zambia and previous to that 2 goals v a tough Egypt team. Sudan are worse than Zambia and Cameroon dispatched 5 past them. :ok

Re: Africa Cup of Nations - matches 28/1 - 31/1 Gonna have a go at Egypt HT/FT at 2.20 on bet365. As its the last game in the group and Egypt only need a point to gurantee top spot these games always carry a risk but the ease with which Cameroon put goals past Zambia makes the 2.2 on offer look tasty for HT/FT rather than the 1.85 for (-1) handicap. Good to actually be able to get to watch the game aswell rather than have to work :) Egypt HT/FT 3/10

Its BBC Interactive' date=' click the red button on a BBC channel which will take you to the Cameroon Sudan game, then click the blue button and you can access the Egypt game.[/quote'] Brilliant, Cheers mate.:ok:ok