** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

African Nations Cup 2008

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: African Cup of Nations 20 - 23 January 2008 Better from Cameroon in the 2nd half, thats how I know they can play, 4-2 in the end But the damage was already done and Egypt just had too much skill for them in the 1st half where Cameroon were very slow out of the traps. Bad result for me in many ways, not least todays bet and my outrights. The only consolation was that Eto'o scored a couple of goals. Overall, Egypt much better than I personally expected, I'd imagine most others were also fairly surprised

Re: African Cup of Nations 20 - 23 January 2008 Ok after my poor Tuesday, hopefully Wednesday will be better!! Senegal DNB @ 1.75 Centrebet 5/10 Well I have already explained in the outright thread my reasoning why I believe Senegal can do well, and I have no reason why not to back them in this match. Tunisia have one or 2 problems coming into this competition, not least the doubts over the future of coach Roger Lemerre. He’s a legend but over the last year or so he has apparently made some strange decisions and not everybody is confident with him in charge. Senegal are the better team and should get the job done in what I think will be a tight match. My only worry is that the north African sides appear to have a lot of skill and pace in them and maybe Tunisia could follow that trend. They were so defensive in the world cup though and also struggled in qualifying. This should be a more relaxed and physical game that should suit Senegal. I’m happy to take them on the DNB handicap @ 1.75. Angola (0) AH @ 2.12 Canbet 3/10 Well I think this is probably a hard game to predict because there are a lot of question marks over both teams. South African don’t seem to be taking the competition as seriously though and want to breed in a few youngsters. By leaving players such as Benny McCarthy out of the squad then it sends a bit of a negative vibe. They will be hosting the WC in 2110 so their most important thing is to make sure they are ready for that tournament. Angola could be a surprise package here and they are sure to work hard in all their matches,. We saw in the world cup that they aren’t complete mugs and I expect them to be solid. A draw is perhaps the most likely result in this match but I’d say if anyone can win it, then Angola has the best chance. They probably would deserve favouritism here to be honest so I’ll take smaller stakes on the 0 AH.

Re: African Cup of Nations 20 - 23 January 2008

Thanks mate' date=' As my post yesterday stated, I felt Benin are not a bad side at all but unfortunately this was the game I had them down to win. I will sit away from them now as the other two games are not to my liking.[/quote'] @ Frisky sorry I meant to answer you yesterday but forgot When I saw you tip Benin I wasnt quite sure what to think, you sounded quite convincing to be honest which made me think a bit. Overall I'd say the match certainly proved you had a decent point about them - they aren't that bad a side. Mali probably just about deserved their 1-0, but it took them some time to break Benin down (and that was thanks to a penalty) I dont know why Benin didn't start with Stephane Sessegnon (Le Mans) someone who I rate fairly highly and who I have followed since his early Creteil days a few years ago. Anyway as soon as he came on a a sub they seemed to play better and had a 2-3 minute spell around the 85th muinute where they put Mali under quite a bit of pressure. In the end some might say Benin deserved a draw out of the match, although IMO 1-0 was pretty much a fair reflection. The Ivory Coast AH line is -1.75 against them next - I dont really fancy that bet too much at the moment considering the Ivories would have to win by 3 clear goals for that bet to fully pay out. Benin were quite solid and are sure to fight hard again.................

Re: African Cup of Nations 20 - 23 January 2008 Hi all, Might have a SMALL wager on South Africa tonight. I know they are not in the best of states going into this tournament, but I think as we seen last night with Egypt comfortably winning with a few players out that come the African Cup of Nations, anything is possible. It looks to me that South Africa come in at 2.3 - 2.5 and I think this is a reasonable price. Everton fans will know of Steven Pienaar's ability from the midfield and I think he will be fundamental to any success SA have in this tournament. I do not think big stakes for this game, just some small ones for interest sake while watching what will hopefully be another cracker...... Good Luck all ;)

By leaving players such as Benny McCarthy out of the squad then it sends a bit of a negative vibe. They will be hosting the WC in 2110 so their most important thing is to make sure they are ready for that tournament.
Ohhh my god meatman!!WC in 2110?? o.O You are really visionary South Africa preparing for a tournament 100 years before... hehehehe :rollin.... Sorry meatman!, it was a typo mistake but I couldn't let it slip :tongue2.

Re: African Cup of Nations 20 - 23 January 2008 Angola v South Africa The fact that Angola have a couple of potent strikers, including a Man Utd bound Manucho, I expect Angola to hit at least couple of goals past S. Africa. Angola 3 South Africa 1 Tunisia v Senegal I'm going with my heart and not stats on this one. Senegal to win by a small margin. Only loose change. Nothing big on this game. I recommend to stay away...

African Cup of Nations - 24th - 27th Jan

Thursday 24 January 2008Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Guinea v Morocco (17:00GMT) 7/25/251/50100% Details »
Hide « Guinea v Morocco
Ghana v Namibia (19:30GMT) 1/821/242/1100% Details »
Hide « Ghana v Namibia
Friday 25 January 2008 Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Ivory Coast v Benin (17:00GMT) 2/724/518/1100% Details »
Hide « Ivory Coast v Benin
Nigeria v Mali (19:30GMT) 24/2512/539/10101% Details »
Hide « Nigeria v Mali
Saturday 26 January 2008 Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Cameroon v Zambia (17:00GMT) 4/611/411/2102% Details »
Hide « Cameroon v Zambia
Egypt v Sudan (19:30GMT) 3/104/112/1105% Details »

Re: African Cup of Nations 20 - 23 January 2008 I said to someone on msn at 0-1 that I'd take a draw, but Senegal should've won that. They were easily better side but what can you do about a 25 yard bullet eh? I'm fed up with spectacular goals being scored against me in this competition!! ah well I got a push and Senegal could still win the group yet, also played well

Re: African Cup of Nations 20 - 23 January 2008 Gone for laying 0-0 @ HT @ 2.8 due to the GK situation and also after looking at Angola's result over year as there are usually quite a few goals in their games. Which is not the same with SA, but their recent matches were against stronger, non-African opposition.:)

Gone for laying 0-0 @ HT @ 2.8 due to the GK situation and also after looking at Angola's result over year as there are usually quite a few goals in their games. Which is not the same with SA' date=' but their recent matches were against stronger, non-African opposition.:)[/quote'] nice 1 Tomas ;)

With a goal in the final minutes South Africa grab a draw against Angola' date=' [b']despíte having two expelled players.
:loon:loon:loon - do you really mean two SA players were sent off??? Defo not in this match;)

Re: African Cup of Nations 20 - 23 January 2008 4pts Morocco vs Guinea Over 2.25 goals 1.88 Ladbrokes Morocco battered Namibia 5-1 in the 1st set of matches and even though hattrick hero Soufiane Alloudi is out of this match, I still think they've got goals in them. Particularly against a Guinea side who didn't look watertight at the back in their 2-1 defeat to Ghana. Guinea looked good going forward against Ghana however and could have won the game before the hosts won it late on. Morocco would take a draw but a draw would suit neither side really so I expect both to go and try to win the game. If Morocco score 1st then Guinea would probably need 2 to stay in the competition which may mean they leave themselves open at the back and that could lead to the goals we need. I think there will be 3 goals in this match.

:loon:loon:loon - do you really mean two SA players were sent off??? Defo not in this match;)
Nope, my mistake :wall.... those where two yellow cards, not red. Is because normally they just put the red cards, but this time they put the yellow cards. It was my mistake. sorry.