** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

UK & Ireland Racing - Who are we?

Hi, i'm Alex, 37... I'm a regular bettor with no vicious obsessions for gambling, don't know why. i've tried so hard to get addicted to smoking, coffee, alcohol, and finally Betting. Guess what? I'm doomed to live a flat uni-dimensional life with no real struggles and adventures. So, to be short, I'm a psychological vegetarian that looks calm and adequate, but has murdered hundreds in his mind; i was blamed to be a psychopath since the early childhood, for no reasons (obviously))) I'm here because my "love-affair" with betting is pretty serious allthough it's based on purely rational and logical reasons... it's somehow sad agree even boring but what can i do to bring some fire?

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who am I?! Good question... I do not know, and actually, I don't even want to find it out: the less you know, the better you sleep))))) All right. Firstly, I'm a regular guy. Secondly, it's much easier to tell what i'm not, than what i trully am. All this because all my life i was dying to know what i'm trying to be. Today, I'm not that victorious to claim that i found myself in that or that. I can fill the holes and having fun isn't a problem for me. I don't have tons of friends, but i'm never alone, even when I want to:@ Background. It wasn't traumatic, but it's blocked. i donot like my childhood recollections at all. I don't even remember them. Drunk father isn't the worst thing. domestic violence wasn't really smth i learnt closely. Anyway my past doesn't exist, it's crossed the hell out from my life. and no: he wasn't a punter that would teach me the taste for betting. I am fond of risk. I just love to take any chance, even the one that is meant to empty my wallet. Betting for me isn't about making money, it's more about smth magic, that makes me forget everything i want to let go of, so, i'm pretty positive to pay for this kind of oblivion. Betting is a luxury. A luxury that makes me feel good, powerfull and god-like. It's smth that makes my brains: :nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana It's smth that gives me a heart rush and never -doubts. It's a f&*^ lifestyle!

I am the one that daydreams about his own horse races and trainers like in the old times... I am one of those that sticks to traditions and is rather conservative.... No father as a role model, instead, lots of memories from the events i have never known or experienced. Probably, i had to be born many decades ago, this is not "my century" Mine would be different without tech revolutions, but with authentic bookmakers that you can see (and touch if necessary ;) ), with horses you almost raised by yourself and with punters you grown together.... :cry

I'm a weird concoction composed of pessimism and skepticism; a hopeless Rust Cohle's worshipper and an haphazard advocate. My fav quotes: "You can never too negative" & "No concessions are made for optimism"... That's how it goes: instead of diving deeply in everything psychiatric related and performing a decent profession, i've came to win a great part of my bets without even having a strategy, I abandoned so much hated college and managed an autodidact education: how did it started? The first bet i've placed was for fun, i disrespected the sacred 1st bet event, one may say. Later on, betting turned out to be easy money (and easy loss), and i saw no point in taking a break and much less, stopping for good. Nowadays I'm determined to make a living from betting while taking pleasure in the "awful" things it offers.

I'd like to tell ya that i'm a gambling monster and i'm mastering the betting art as a magician..he-eh. The reality is ruini ng my self-image again, as i'm an average bettor with no beated records or anything to satte as "I did it!". Unfortunatelly, my portion of luck has been sold to someone that probably paid at that auction more than me...and now i'm struggling to put myself out of the misery i have become. It's like in those funny images when you see and feel yourself like that (great and just gorgeous) but in reality you're a pile of crap. The good part about my life is that i got a job i like, even staying in th eoffice for a whole day doesn't drive me crazy and homicidal, which is surprising...and suspicious ))) regarding my background, nothing to point out except the fact that i've promised my parents to get rich:rollin If i put my ego aside, and just take what i have in order to do what i can, then, i'm not completely hopeless.

I'm a weird concoction composed of pessimism and skepticism; a hopeless Rust Cohle's worshipper and an haphazard advocate. My fav quotes: "You can never too negative" & "No concessions are made for optimism"... That's how it goes: instead of diving deeply in everything psychiatric related and performing a decent profession, i've came to win a great part of my bets without even having a strategy, I abandoned so much hated college and managed an autodidact education: how did it started? The first bet i've placed was for fun, i disrespected the sacred 1st bet event, one may say. Later on, betting turned out to be easy money (and easy loss), and i saw no point in taking a break and much less, stopping for good. Nowadays I'm determined to make a living from betting while taking pleasure in the "awful" things it offers.
:welcome to the club..! i'm in too. I don't remember my first bet either. Or, I do, but the memory is fading away: i guess, i took the first one I saw. and i've lost it. not the best beginning;);)

Who am I?! Good question... I do not know, and actually, I don't even want to find it out: the less you know, the better you sleep))))) All right. Firstly, I'm a regular guy. Secondly, it's much easier to tell what i'm not, than what i trully am. All this because all my life i was dying to know what i'm trying to be. Today, I'm not that victorious to claim that i found myself in that or that. I can fill the holes and having fun isn't a problem for me. I don't have tons of friends, but i'm never alone, even when I want to:@ Background. It wasn't traumatic, but it's blocked. i donot like my childhood recollections at all. I don't even remember them. Drunk father isn't the worst thing. domestic violence wasn't really smth i learnt closely. Anyway my past doesn't exist, it's crossed the hell out from my life. and no: he wasn't a punter that would teach me the taste for betting. I am fond of risk. I just love to take any chance, even the one that is meant to empty my wallet. Betting for me isn't about making money, it's more about smth magic, that makes me forget everything i want to let go of, so, i'm pretty positive to pay for this kind of oblivion. Betting is a luxury. A luxury that makes me feel good, powerfull and god-like. It's smth that makes my brains: :nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana It's smth that gives me a heart rush and never -doubts. It's a f&*^ lifestyle!
"It's smth that makes my brains: :nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana It's smth that gives me a heart rush and never -doubts. It's a f&*^ lifestyle!" hey bro! did you listen too much to Lana del rey? just kidding :cheers give me a five

• 2 months later...

PunterPete -that is my monicker on here. I have been using this site or many years making contributions and entering the comps someimes with a little success. I am an avid fan of most racing but do struggle a bit with the all weather. I tend to prefer the National hunt to be honest and try to get to Cheltenham when ever I can. I have not missed a Tuesday at the Festival since the year it was cancelled because of foot and mouth in 2001. I find myself in a position now where I have an illness that will keep me off work for at lest a few months. At the moment I still feel fit and active and should still be able to go racing but I have to take it easy and lay off the guiness lol. I should now be able to give much more input and do more write ups etc. National hunt and Cheltenham is my passion so I will post some snippets on the Festival etc. Pete