NAPS Thread ~ 10/07/07

Re: NAPS Thread ~ 10/07/07 :unsure you guys must be studying hard! 4.15 Pontefract MR WOLF ew The horses record here at Pontefract is 7 runs with 5 wins & 1 2nd place. Happy to back this at 15/2 EW with Sporting odds. Stepping back into class 3 company also will be a plus for the horse after recent tries in better company.

Re: NAPS Thread ~ 10/07/07 4.15 Braddock Tricky little handicap where a number can be given a real solid chance. I feel Braddock could still be open to much more improvement dispite the 7lbs rise in the weights. Has only raced 3 times twice over 7 furlongs and once over a mile. Droped in trip today which I cn't see being a problem, has a good draw in 13 I reckon a higher number on the draw is an a advantage. Will handle the soft conditions. Mr Wolf as always has to be respected but can't have him on this ground.

Re: NAPS Thread ~ 10/07/07 16.15 Pontefract – Turnkey (E/W) 13.00 @ Paddypower

Another race with a lot of runners, where the field will be led by another strong favourite. However, again I’m going to look for some value outside the favourite. Turnkey takes to top weight here, but on its day, is good enough to defy this. Disappointing last time out, but gets its favoured ground this afternoon. Finished runner-up in a similar race over the same trip, going and a similar mark at the end of last month.

0.5 Eachway NAP please. ... hopefully the price will hold up now that Braddock has been pulled.

Re: NAPS Thread ~ 10/07/07 715 Uttoxeter : Cottingham Looks a two horse race on form with McCoys being the other one. Liked the way this dominated last time and Osprey View has a double penalty for winning very poor races, should tip the balance in Cottinghams favour and the price will hold up and be fair value.

Re: NAPS Thread ~ 10/07/07 8.40 Uttoxeter: CANOPUS Although the likely favourite Mighty Fine will be tough to beat if reproducing it's best form, I feel it is worth taking on due to it's rise in the weights and the fact that it has never won over this distance (extra distance throws up question marks given it's age). Feel it is worth taking on today and my selection is Canopus. Although not an entirely straightforward ride, the step up in trip should suit and with the champion jockey returning to the plate looks the most likely winner if the favourite doesn't perform. WIN NAP

Re: NAPS Thread ~ 10/07/07 4.45 Pontefract Yossi. In truth probably should have broke his maiden by now but has occasionally has bumped into the odd nice type and other times has just been plain disappointing. The money appears to have come for it today and you can understand why on the potential sometimes shown. LTO was second and a long way back in a four runner race and the winner subsequently disappointed but Yossi is better than that and has a fair chance of breaking its maiden today.

Re: NAPS Thread ~ 10/07/07

4.45 Pontefract Yossi. In truth probably should have broke his maiden by now but has occasionally has bumped into the odd nice type and other times has just been plain disappointing. The money appears to have come for it today and you can understand why on the potential sometimes shown. LTO was second and a long way back in a four runner race and the winner subsequently disappointed but Yossi is better than that and has a fair chance of breaking its maiden today.
1pt win.

Re: NAPS Thread ~ 10/07/07 8.40 Uttoxeter, Mighty Fine to WIN Rated well ahead of the field by rpr and topspeed. Going for the hatrick tonight (which could well have been a sixlet if he hadn't been carried out once), and looks to have pretty much everything right based on last run. Under same jockey, and lto showed that the extra distance and weight should be a piece of cake.

16.15 Pontefract – Turnkey (E/W) 13.00 @ Paddypower

Another race with a lot of runners, where the field will be led by another strong favourite. However, again I’m going to look for some value outside the favourite. Turnkey takes to top weight here, but on its day, is good enough to defy this. Disappointing last time out, but gets its favoured ground this afternoon. Finished runner-up in a similar race over the same trip, going and a similar mark at the end of last month.

0.5 Eachway NAP please. ... hopefully the price will hold up now that Braddock has been pulled.
:clap :clap :clap From last to 1st..:ok

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap Superb pick mate 1st @ 10/1

Re: NAPS Thread ~ 10/07/07 WARD LOVETT SELLING HURDLE (CLASS 5) - 20.10PM - UTTOXETER Dave Wintle's nine year old has to come into the equation this evening off a bottomless weight, was last seen when over course and distance finished three parts of a length behind Countback when in receipt of 11lb, is getting the same weight allowance tonight and the pair were 22L in front of anything else in the race, has to contend with a 3lb rise in the weights,but Tony Carrolls Countback showed determination to hold on here last time and comes here with out a penalty and drops 5lb in the weights due to Paddy Merrigans allowance, the jockey has a great strike rate here and if produces a slim ability of what he showed last time out will be tough to beat has finished behind Are you There over at Worcester on soft ground and the weight advantage goes in favour of Are you there who is getting 5lb back from the selection and could hold the form, but Countback relishes a battle and no doubt Tony Carroll has got him spot on again to run a big race

Well done on Turnkey, i backed this 2 runs ago when just denied, thought to much weight this afternoon , but done it with plenty in hand (Nice):clap

Re: NAPS Thread ~ 10/07/07 7.20 Wolverhampton - Selling Hcap - 1m A tricky affair on the face of it but it looks as if you can rule a lot of these out. The one that caught my eye was Scroll ridden by Jamie Spencer. Has been running well recently without winning and has to be respected in this class. Last time he ran in a seller he was staying on well over 7f. He was then stepped up to handicap company for his last two runs. He then "stayed on well" and "behind, moderate late headway". These suggest that the step up to 1m tonight will be very beneficial to the horse. Has run over a mile before but those were better races than tonight. Has run well enough at the course before, so that isnt a worry and he should run very well tonight at a juicy 5/1. WIN NAP Scroll

Re: NAPS Thread ~ 10/07/07 History Boy 8.20 (WIN NAP) History Boy and My Secrets ran against each other last week while we were at Wolverhampton and this will be interesting to see if form can be reversed. History Boy won so easily it looked like it would definitley follow up so intersting that it's turned out again quickly under a penalty. Seemed to love the step up in trip and improved dramatically for it under a great ride by Spencer who picked them all off in the home straight with ease. My Secrets has been frustrating at this trip and might have to settle for 2nd best again with History Boy likely to hold form.

Sport Horse Racing
Event 9.10 Uttoxeter
Selection Watch The Wind (Each-Way)
Strength 2/10
Date 10/07/2007
Bookmaker/Price Coral @ 21.00 (Back)
Reasoning Been running well without showing enough of form, but I know this horse has ability and will be up there sooner rather than later. They try him on further now and he will stay on in the end, that's for sure. This price looks big and with 4 places paid I will try it. Decent chances for a place in my eyes. Good luck!

Re: NAPS Thread ~ 10/07/07 8.40 - POINT - Right after the LITTLE TASK fiasco , i've had another look and sticking to the proven 3 milers i'm giving the vote to POINT. This one is definately in form with 2 wins and a 3rd place LTO [ Too short on too soft going] . Don't be put off by the Lady rider as she was on it when it won its previous 2 wins , both over 3 at HEXHAM. Has went up in the weights but Miss WILLIAMS take off a valuable 7lb . So , with LITTLE TASK a NR that means one less proven performer at 3m and with the top-weight looking like starting a relatively short price we can get around 6 or 7 /1 here.

9.20 Wolverhampton Lucius Verrus E/W 11/1 RPF Proven over the course and distance and on form doesn't look far behind all the other runners here, and at 12/1 at the moment he's looks good value, regardless of how this turns out. Hopefully he can get up in the places though. G/L Everyone.

Re: NAPS Thread ~ 10/07/07 Medianoche 8.40 Uttoxeter. An open looking race on paper and weights combined, but I feel Timmy Murphy can play his waiting game and make everything work for him this evening. No trip and ground worries from what I can see and so if all goes well then we should get a big run from the selection. 1 point on the nose!

WARD LOVETT SELLING HURDLE (CLASS 5) - 20.10PM - UTTOXETER Dave Wintle's nine year old has to come into the equation this evening off a bottomless weight, was last seen when over course and distance finished three parts of a length behind Countback when in receipt of 11lb, is getting the same weight allowance tonight and the pair were 22L in front of anything else in the race, has to contend with a 3lb rise in the weights,but Tony Carrolls Countback showed determination to hold on here last time and comes here with out a penalty and drops 5lb in the weights due to Paddy Merrigans allowance, the jockey has a great strike rate here and if produces a slim ability of what he showed last time out will be tough to beat has finished behind Are you There over at Worcester on soft ground and the weight advantage goes in favour of Are you there who is getting 5lb back from the selection and could hold the form, but Countback relishes a battle and no doubt Tony Carroll has got him spot on again to run a big race
:notworthy quality again 13/2 winner

8.40 Uttoxeter' date=' [b']Mighty Fine to WIN Rated well ahead of the field by rpr and topspeed. Going for the hatrick tonight (which could well have been a sixlet if he hadn't been carried out once), and looks to have pretty much everything right based on last run. Under same jockey, and lto showed that the extra distance and weight should be a piece of cake.
:nana 1ST 9/4 - won with something in hand despite the jockey change. Made the hatrick and could well go in again.