** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

WSOP Main Event

GaF

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: WSOP Main Event Better odds available now: Hilm & Lam - both 9/2 (vc bet) Kalmar - 5/1 (bet direct) Rahme - 7/1 (bet direct) Childs - 8/1 (vc bet & pp) Watkinson - 8/1 (Lad & SJ) Khan - 11/1 (vc bet) Yang - 14/1 (various) Kravchenko - 14/1 (SJ) From this final table, I've already picked my 2 to follow - Watkinson & Childs - anybody else brave enough to have a published guess at the winner?

Re: WSOP Main Event

Better odds available now: Hilm & Lam - both 9/2 (vc bet) Kalmar - 5/1 (bet direct) Rahme - 7/1 (bet direct) Childs - 8/1 (vc bet & pp) Watkinson - 8/1 (Lad & SJ) Khan - 11/1 (vc bet) Yang - 14/1 (various) Kravchenko - 14/1 (SJ) From this final table, I've already picked my 2 to follow - Watkinson & Childs - anybody else brave enough to have a published guess at the winner?
Pinnacle have better odds on some of them: Kalmar 6.30 Rahme 8.53 Childs 9.79 Yang 16.00

From this final table, I've already picked my 2 to follow - Watkinson & Childs - anybody else brave enough to have a published guess at the winner?
I'll go for Watkinson at 8/1, based on shrewd market analysis ... and the fact that he's the only one I can remember having seen on TV.

Re: WSOP Main Event I think there's still an incredible amount of play at this final table and that we may see a come-from-behind victory like Joe Hachem's back in 2005. He was sixth in chips but of course, that doesn't mean a thing for this year. This year's table though the chip-counts are phenomenally spread out. We'll obviously see big hands clash and a fair few coin-flips as I'm sure play will tighten up a fair bit. I'm disappointed that there isn't a Big 3 (Hilm, Lam and Kalmar) versus The Field market or even that much 'match betting' available and that the bookies aren't taking too much of a chance on what they have on offer. Blue Square are at least getting in the spirit of things and have a 'Who'll be knocked out first?' market, a 'Where will Jon Kalmar finish?' market as well as 'What colour will the river card be on the final hand?' market! :lol wsopft-bs.jpg Paddy Power offer 13/5 if you can name the suit of the river card in the final hand as well as a few match-bets and a 'What nationality will the winner be?' market: wsopft-pp.jpg I'm treating this semi-seriously and am betting on Hevad Khan at 11/1 over at Gamebookers (one of two things can happen imo...he'll probably be knocked out first trying a few moves but he'll probably run into someone's pocket aces or he'll play absolutely solid poker scaring the bejesus out of a few of the tighter players) and Jon Kalmer at 5/1 over at Bet Direct purely out of patriotism. EDIT: Gamebookers are wimps. I put £25 on at 11/1 and they cut Khan into 15/2! WHAT!? :loon I won't be able to see a damn thing until 4am as I'll be at work. :$

Re: WSOP Main Event Hmmm. Lee Watkinson qualified through Full Tilt and is playing for the $10 million bonus (in the form of a guaranteed sponsorship/exclusive endorsement deal over ten years for $1 million a year) if he wins? OOOH!! Lots of pressure then. He'll be promoted into Full Tilt's A-Team like Allen Cunningham was last year. Full Tilt have been aggressive and have also got Childs, Hilm, Kalmar, Kravchenko and Yang wearing their logo (Hilm also has a deal with Corus!). PokerStars will be sponsoring Khan, Lam and Rahme. The winner will be wearing a FT or a PS logo! GADZOOKS!! :eek :loon

Full Tilt have been aggressive and have also got Childs, Hilm, Kalmar, Kravchenko and Yang wearing their logo (Hilm also has a deal with Corus!). PokerStars will be sponsoring Khan, Lam and Rahme. The winner will be wearing a FT or a PS logo! GADZOOKS!! :eek :loon
Looks like a funeral! Apart from Lam, they're all dressed in black.

Re: WSOP Main Event Hand #9 - Jerry Yang Takes an 11.63 Million Pot Hand #9 - Hevad 'Rain' Khan has the button in seat 9, Lee Childs raises under the gun to 720,000, Jerry Yang reraises from early position to 2.5 million, and Childs calls. There is already 5.63 million in the pot. The flop comes 7c.gif4d.gif2c.gif, Childs bets 3 million, and Yang immediately moves all in. Childs stands up and turns around with his back to the table while he thinks. He clearly wasn't expecting Yang to push. Jerry Yang has about 770,000 more in chips than Childs, so Childs would be calling with his tournament life at stake. Childs sits back down to the table as he thinks for about three minutes. Childs eventually folds, showing pocket queens. Jerry Yang takes the pot worth 11.63 million.

Re: WSOP Main Event Hand #10 - Lee Watkinson Hand #10 - Raymond Rahme has the button in seat 1, Lee Watkinson raises from early position to 750,000, and Lee Childs calls from the big blind. The flop comes 10h.gif8c.gif2h.gif, Childs checks, Watkinson bets 1.5 million, and Childs folds. Lee Watkinson takes the pot.

Re: WSOP Main Event Updated Chip Counts Seat 1 - Raymond Rahme - 15.1 million Seat 2 - Alex Kravchenko - 5.04 million Seat 3 - Lee Childs - 6.96 million Seat 4 - Jerry Yang - 20.11 million Seat 5 - Lee Watkinson - 9.805 Seat 6 - Tuan Lam - 21.285 million Seat 7 - Philip Hilm - 23.27 million Seat 8 - Jon Kalmar - 17.9 million Seat 9 - Hevad 'Rain' Khan - 7.945 million

Re: WSOP Main Event Hand #11 - Philip Hilm Hand #11 - Alex Kravchenko has the button in seat 2, Philip Hilm raises from middle position to 720,000, and Jerry Yang calls from the big blind. The flop comes qh.gif7d.gif2c.gif, Yang checks, Hilm bets 1.1 million, and Yang folds. Philip Hilm takes the pot.