** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

WSOP Main Event

GaF

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: WSOP Main Event Just come back from work and I didn't expect most of what has happened! :eek I kind of expected a come-from-behind victory but who'd have thought the two shortest stacks would be still in the last four? Philip Hilm was 16/1 to be the first knocked out? Damn it. Who'd have bet on that!? :eyes Are Tuam Lam and Raymond Rahme biding their time or have they got a deer-in-the-headlights mood like Michael Binger and Paul Wasicka were in last year?

Re: WSOP Main Event Kravchenko's winning a few hands. If Alex wins it'd probably be one of the best come-from-behind victories ever. It's a bit weak-tight play at the moment from what I've read but I suppose one can hardly blame 'em with the amount of money at stake but it's probably going to take blockbuster hands and another bout of semi-bluffing gone wrong before we see the next person out.

Re: WSOP Main Event Rahme loses with QQ v ATs to become the short stack, but still has 32xBB.... Very next hand.....

2 minutes ago Hand #131 - Raymond Rahme Hand #131 - Raymond Rahme has the button in seat 1, and he moves all in for 16.75 million, winning the blinds and antes.
It's hard to comprehend play like that at this level ..... as Phil Gordon says, there are no cards he could hold that would justify a play like that.....

Re: WSOP Main Event Now Rahme, post flop, bets 4x Pot, all in to take it down..... Next hand he goes all in pre flop...... He's overbetting hand after hand...... he seems to have "lost it" since he queens were beat by the Ace :loon.....

Re: WSOP Main Event Hmmm. Rahme's definitely on tilt. He'll probably need a smoke-break at this rate to catch his breath and he may get one because he'll KO himself out of here at the rate he's going. The other three really, really don't want to take him on though (one can't blame 'em...the money's put a bit of fear in 'em).

Re: WSOP Main Event Chuffing heck. I went to bed 6 hours ago, soon after Kalmar went out, turned on again when I got up and no-one lese has left the table :loon :loon Rahme looks like he is ready for bed :zzz And what DID the giraffe say to the leopard at the poker table?

Re: WSOP Main Event

Chuffing heck. I went to bed 6 hours ago, soon after Kalmar went out, turned on again when I got up and no-one lese has left the table :loon :loon Rahme looks like he is ready for bed :zzz And what DID the giraffe say to the leopard at the poker table?
I thought you were a cheetah :eyes

Re: WSOP Main Event Hand #167 - Alex Kravchenko Eliminated in 4th Place ($1,852,721) show-this-hand.gif Hand #167 - Raymond Rahme has the button in seat 1, Alex Kravchenko raises from the small blind to 2.1 million, Jerry Yang pushes from the big blind, and Kravchenko quickly calls all in for 19.825 million. Yang shows 8c.gif8h.gif, and Kravchenko shows as.gifkd.gif. It's a race situation, and Kravchenko needs to improve to stay alive. The flop comes qd.gif9h.gif8s.gif, and Yang's fans go crazy as he flops a set of eights. Kravchenko needs a runner-runner straight to stay alive here. The turn card is the 4c.gif, and Kravchenko is drawing dead. The meaningless river card is the 3s.gif, and Jerry Yang wins the pot with a set of eights. Alex Kravchenko is eliminated in fourth place, earning $1,852,721. The next player eliminated will receive $3,048,025 for third place.

Re: WSOP Main Event Assuming neither player has an edge over the other, the chances are:

ChipsChanceOdds
117,050,00091.8%1.09
10,425,0008.2%12.23
The betfair odds are currently 6.4 and 1.15 - that's factoring in a massive edge for Lam - the way Yang is playing (so aggressively) he cant have that great an edge (and I'm not sure he has any edge, as he's not being aggressive enough....) My money's going on Yang now at these odds.....

Assuming neither player has an edge over the other, the chances are:
ChipsChanceOdds
117,050,00091.8%1.09
10,425,0008.2%12.23
The betfair odds are currently 6.4 and 1.15 - that's factoring in a massive edge for Lam - the way Yang is playing (so aggressively) he cant have that great an edge (and I'm not sure he has any edge, as he's not being aggressive enough....) My money's going on Yang now at these odds.....
I thought you had layed him to lose earlier ? - is he really worth covering at 1.15 ? Mind I will admit that the other guy is pretty timid - as meek as a 'Lam' you could say :$

I thought you had layed him to lose earlier ? - is he really worth covering at 1.15 ?
Have traded out a bit (not at 1.15, though I would back him at those odds if I had the cash in betfair)....stand to win on Yang now, but lose on Lam....

the price on Lam now looks reasonable...
The odds I'm listing are the pure calculated odds, assuming neither player has an ability/style edge over the other - not the actual odds on betfair..... Typically Lam is trading below the pure odds and Yang is trading above his pure odds ..... this for me represents the perception that Lam is a better player and has an edge .... i feel that it is overestimated though - you cant have that great an edge, HU against an aggressive opponent.....