** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

World Cup Qualifying Wednesday 8/09

Guest heniek31

World Cup Qualifying Wednesday 8/09 Sorry to pick you up again edtkh but Scotland have never lost to the Faroes. Perhaps you should do some more research into your picks. I was referring to the 2-2 draw when they came from 2-0 down to tie it all at 2-2 - I have even forgotten they did come back to draw the game :rollin . Fair enough, Scotland have never lost to Faroe(my oversight there :b ), but the essence of the point I'm driving at is I certainly wouldn't imagine any half-decent team getting a draw against the Faroes... Personally, I don't view this game as any sort of a dead cert - it's just that I don't think value comes much bigger than this in the form of Slovenia at 2.50. I have seen enough of Scotland under Vogts to remain convinced Scotland do have problems getting results against the lesser teams - a psychological factor that they'd raise their game only for the bigger teams, perhaps.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: World Cup Qualifying Wednesday 8/09 I actually thought the Faroes did pretty well in the last qualifying group. In fact I think they may only have lost by more than one goal on one occasion. I may be wrong but I'm sure they were drawing with Germany with a minute to go in one game. I do agree though that Scotland are struggling but we rarely lose at home in the qualifiers so I think we'll have to disagree in the VALUE of Slovenia @ only 2.5.

Guest tranmerekev

Switz v Ireland Andorra v Romania I heard on the news that Kerr will start with Duff despite him not being 100%. For me the England, Scotland and Ireland games are no bet games. A point about tomorrows Andorra v Romania game. It is generally advertised as a 6pm kick off (UK time), yet a lot of bookmaker sites state it is a 3pm start. Just a warning for anyone playing on this game. Mutu is out too.

Guest SmoothPar1885

Scotland v Slovenia The last time Scotland lost a qualifier at home was against the Czech Republic on 31st March, 1999, in a 2-1 defeat ;) Scotland look like a touch overpriced in my opinion as the bookies have read too much into the woeful friendly record that Vogts has. Scotland almost always raise their game for qualifiers at home and with this potentially being Vogts' last chance, I'd be wary of backing Slovenia to win. Can understand your thinking behind the bet however.

Guest Sherman Blue

England first scorer... England blew my chances of a legendary seven team accy on Saturday that would have been a record return (will be writing to said Mr.James for a refund!) However as saved by taking Lampard at 14's for first goal .. with his scoring record and England's strikers looking well out of sorts goals must be likely to come from midfield again .. if i can get a similar price again I'll be lapping it up ... Anyone seen 12 or above on Lampard ?

Re: England first scorer... Best I can find for Lampard is 10s which is readily available. Gerrard available at 12s, (13.5/1 on Betfair) probably offers a reasonable alternative. Agree with you that Midfield offers decent opportunity of First Goalscorer. Anyone got any ideas who would take a penalty if we got one?

World Cup Qualifying Wednesday 8/09 Would have to be Goldenballs fritz if he plays , doesent look fit to me but still gets a place as Sven doesent seem to have the bottle to drop him so cant see no one opposing him on the pitch. he went into hiding mode from 20 mins onwards on saturday and even started drifting towards the left to keep out of the action, when caught on the ball he was easily dispossesed so then came his usual stunt of trying to mix it off the ball when caught in possession, left neville exposed on numerous occasions so god help us when we come up against a decent team on his current showing. IMO he shouldent be in the team on his current form which seems to be carrying on from his Euro escapades of doing fcuk all but looking for excuses. No doubt he will prove me wrong on sat and play a blinder then score a couple but i doubt it very much, at present he's a liability not in the James mould:lol but a liability none the less. I still think we have enough class left on the pitch mind to overcome Poland and anyone else in this group.

Guest sitoatic

Bosnia v España Hi guys!! Very difficult for Spain today in Zenica, against Bosnia-Herzegovina, a national squad more dangerous than we can think. bosniaflag.gifBosnia - Spain UNDER 2.5 @2.00 Gamebookers spain_logo.gif Bosnia-Herzegovina is a good team, that didn't classify for Euro 2004 because they could only obtain a draw against Denmark in last match (1-1) at home, if they had win, they would have been in Portugal. Bosnia is an experienced team with players as Salihamidzic, Baljic and Barbarez, and they have introduced young talents as Biscevic, Krunic or Grujic. The best bosnian keeper is Hasagic, who played agains France and stopped a penalty to Henry. For this match they have decided to play in Zenica, where they don't know what is to lose a match (they have played for 6 times). The grass won't be very good to play football (yesterday in Sarajevo Spain U21 played with magnificient grass), and that can complicate spanish football. All Bosnian matches road to Portugal: B - Romania 0-3 Norway - B 2-0 B - Luxembourg 2-0 Denmark - B 0-2 Romania - B 2-0 B - Norway 1-0 Luxembourg - B 0-1 B - Denmark 1-1 Last friendly match: France - B 1-1 8 UNDERS / 1 OVER Probable line-up: Bosnia-Herzegovina: Hasagic; Salihamidzic, Bajic, Music, Spahic; Barbarez, Beslija, Baljic, Misimovic, Grujic; Bolic. In the other hand, today Luis Aragones will play his first official match, and the team has not changed as spanish people were desiring. Spain is a team with a lot of problems when they have to attack, and Bosnia-Herzegovina defends so good. Raul is in bad form, Raul play or not play is the national discuss, but today, he will play... Baraja and Albelda, Valencia players, will be the midfielders, and when they play with national team they don't play so good as in Valencia. Spain defend is the better line of the team with Salgado, Romero, Puyol and Machena (or Helguera), with Casillas as keeper. Probable line-up: Spain: Iker Casillas; Michel Salgado, Marchena, Puyol, Romero; Víctor, Albelda, Baraja, Vicente; Raúl and Morientes. The field will be small, and grass won't be so good. In agreement, Spain has a lot of problems in attack, and Bosnia defends so good. With all that, I think today Under is the better option here, and 2.00 is a very value quota. Probably, Spain can win, but with a lot of difficulties, and Spain victory is not a sure option. Kind Regards and Good Luck!

Re: World Cup Qualifying Wednesday 8/09 England v Poland I am surprised by what I call "bandwagon bets", basicdally when a team puts in a dodgy performance, a lot of people jump on the bandwagon, only for all the wheels to fall off. |I James is a clown we know that and nobody was cursing him more than me. >: If you are betting Poland 1X today, then you seriously haven't looked deep enough into this game, as I believe England will win this comfortably. Poland did not score a goal at home in the Euro 2004 qualifiers, apart from the 5 they put past the bus drivers of San Marino. They are clearly an average team and beating Northern Ireland 3-0 is not to get too excited about. ;) England are a tough side to beat under Sven, unbeaten in competitive qualifying matches, and lost only 2 competitive finals matches, Brazil & Portugal. Now, I hate the way we play under Sven, as I think we could be a lot better with the players we have. But, give him credit, we get results and getting close to evens on England winning this match has to be taken imo. Also, you will see David James play the best and most controlled game of his life, because he always does when under threat, then he turns into Crusty the Clown again. Paul Robinson should be given the shirt, everyone thinks it, bar Sven. :( Poland's Euro 2004 qualifiers San Marino 0 - 2 Poland Poland 0 - 1 Latvia Poland 0 - 0 Hungary Poland 5 - 0 San Marino Sweden 3 - 0 Poland Latvia 0 - 2 Poland Poland 0 - 2 Sweden Hungary 1 - 2 Poland Simply not good enough to trouble England imo, that's not a patriotic view, that's a fact. 10pts England to win @ 1.93 >Betfair

Guest MattyNeth

Re: World Cup Qualifying Wednesday 8/09 Paul - I think there are too many factors weighing against England here: (a) A blood thirsty media (b) Hostile atmosphere © Injuries to the whole spine of the team (d) Inability to raise their game against supposed inferior opposition. No easy games in international football, and England traditionally struggle to perform against these sort of sides - Finland, Bulgaria (twice), Macedonia to name a few sides to trip us up over the last few years. This whole group is made up of supposed inferior opposition and we have started off with a poor result 1X for me definitely, and can see Sven hanging onto the Wales game. Get tripped up there and we've had it and hopefully so has he

Guest kojic2003

Wed, 08.09.2004. 1) B&H(+1)@1.80(Ladbrokes) Simply, Spain are not good enough at the moment.Their results as well as performances are pretty poor and they shouldn't be rated so high IMO.With a few high-class players like Barbarez(Hamburg SV), Salihamidzic(Bayern Munchen), Bolic(G'birligi), Baljic(Galatasaray) and Misimovic(Bochum), B&H will be able to give them a big fight.A two weeks ago, Bosnia held the French to a 1:1 draw and after such a confidence boosting result(plus an excellent performances in EURO2004 Qualifications) there should be a some value in them.Just for the record, B&H face Spain in Zenica, and they've never lost a single game at this stadium. 2) [email protected] It's simple.Italy should have too much for Moldova.The hosts were awful in their last game, against Slovenia(0:3) and can hardly improve their play in such a short period. 3) [email protected] Sheva & co. will easily beat poor Kazakhstan IMO.Their confidence is high after 1:1 against Denmark and I can't see any chance for hosts.Kazakhstan have even failed to beat Malta(2:2), while they have lost 2:3 to Faroes.Enough said. 4) Croatia(+3/4)@1.80(Ladbrokes) Joke of the day! :) Seriously, what kind of sh*t is this?IMO, this is typical "40%-30%-30%".Nothing more, nothing less.All ex-YU teams(clubs or national teams) like to play against Scandinavians.In other words, they have always been an dominant side in these fixtures in the last few years, so I can't see any reason for such a big underestimating.Croatian attacking duo Dado Prso-Ivan Klasnic is hot at the moment and they'll be able to make an upset tonight.I'm pretty sure in that.Last meeting: Sweden v Croatia 1:2! 5) [email protected] Iceland are pathetic at the moment.They are very poor at the back and without any ideas up front.IMO, despite 0:3 defeat to Croatia, Hungary could have too much for visitors.Mattheus isn't a high-class coach, but he's able to give a huge confidence to his players and we could see their first victory in these qualififcations. 6) Luxembourg/Latvia UNDER [email protected] Luxembourg aren't a force, but they are one of those underdogs that are able to cause a much bigger troubles to their opponents, especially at home.Latvia usually have scoring problems and we could see a very tight game here. 7) Poland/England [email protected] Nothing to add about these two sides,but I can't see the English winning this one.IMO, the Polish aren't naive at all and should be able to take something from this game.

.. @Kojic, Could I get your oppinion on Scotland - Slovenia??:) I could be tempted to go for the awaywin. slovenia has got a few good players and are overall better than the hosts, IMO. What do you think?

World Cup Qualifying Wednesday 8/09 ^look on the 2nd page about scotland vs slovena anyway i agree with paulross on the england front i reckon england will win too i cant see them losing anyway they just have a far better team.. once again though it'll come down to who performs on the night history doesnt do them a great deal of good if youre looking at that..but you cant really base a game like this on previous meetings i jus think englands been priced nicely and theres profit to be made

Re: World Cup Qualifying Wednesday 8/09 Mulling over the list of matches on tonight - a couple look nice too me. Firstly England away to Poland - I watched the Northern Ireland vs Poland game and it looked to me like a very average side stuffing a side that were absolutely hopeless :p N.Ireland still had chances, and should've scored at least one. England are a far stronger team than Poland, and also a team who need a win. Often matters such as "need" and "commitment" are more important than the actual gulf in class, but when you have both.... Evs is a very good price IMO. Following on from that sentiment, Wales will surely be too good for N.Ireland, Wales are at home in front of a big pasionate crowd, theve better players, and really need to win this match after failing to take three points off Azerbaijan (especially seeing as Poland and England will probably win that fixture). If they don't win at home to N.Ireland with better players and real motivation - then they will not finish 1st or 2nd IMO. Israel have to be strongly fancied against Cyprus. Cyprus simply cannot defend and if they go one down early, they'll be in big trouble. Israel played very well vs France on Saturday - another match I watched (on Setanta) despite the obvious bad performance of France, and Israel had several half chances in the second half. Israel are playing in front of a home crowd for the first time in ages which will boost them as will the fact that four points from their opening two games would give them a good platform from which to launch towards a qualifying spot. More As I analyise....

Guest kojic2003

Could I get your oppinion on Scotland - Slovenia??
NO BET for me.Croatian biggest bookie(I always check their odds for these kind of matches, with slovenian and croatian teams involved) has slashed the odds for home win(2.40 -> 2.20).There was 2.60 for Slovenia win and it's 3.10 no,so it's hard to make any decision here. Former Red Star and Tottenham player Milenko Acimovic(Lille) is really hot lately,and with a few other quality guys like Ceh(FC Brugge), they are surely able to take something from this game, but also, you never know what can happen with ex-YU teams.Sometimes good, sometimes bad.This game smells to me like a clear DRAW, but I won't bet on this one.

About Wales.. Thanks for the answer Kojic.:ok I will only use very small stakes n Slovenia then.. Can someone tell me if Giggs is playing??if so then i BELEIVE i WILL go for the homewin.

Re: ...

(b) Hostile atmosphere © Injuries to the whole spine of the team
re (b) i've got more hostile atomsphere at my future in laws then the one Chorzow © you've got to be kidding. any sub from the English squad would make it into the Polish first XI. last significant (pointwise) win at that venue was before World Cup 2002, vs Norway /3-0, weakend opposition/. last two big games played in Chorzow vs England and Sweden( same style of playing), both ended 0-2. and yes, the same hype was in the Polish media and arround the team. especially the game vs Sweden was very painfull, cos all we needed from that game was a draw, first 5min of the game and ooops...we were 0-1 down. sad memories. we played England after, 0-0 in Warsaw. main conclusion? the stadium is jinxed ;) honestly if we get anything from this game, it will be a major surprise. just read that Janas, Polish manager, wants to play Kosowski and Krzynowek, both left wingers at both sides(!). the guy is crazy. they are meant to swap sides from time to time... geeez, there's one in -orm right winger, Gorawski, from Wisla Krakow. why is he not gonna start? :\ this is not Eurovision contest. England will get points here.

Re: About Wales.. Giggs is banned and Simon Davies still injured. These two were badly missed in Azer. Still can't see any problem for Wales tonight, but mainly because NI are so poor.

Holland vs Czechs holland are 2.00 on sporting bet and it looks like fantastic value when u read this below.. The Czech Republic, meanwhile, are in the midst of an injury crisis ahead of Wednesday's game. The Euro 2004 semi-finalists were already without talisman Pavel Nedved, Tomas Galasek, Vladimir Smicer, Jaroslav Plasil and Jiri Jarosi, but have now lost Karel Poborsky who has failed to recover from a back injury. That means coach Karel Bruckner is without virtually his entire first-choice midfield, with only Borussia Dortmund's Tomas Rosicky available. Slavia Prague's Karel Pitak, Radoslav Kovac of Sparta Prague and Rudolf Skacel from Panathinaikos have been called up to cover the losses and Bruckner is even considering playing Borussia Monchengladbach forward Marek Heinz in midfield. But the stand-ins failed to impress in a friendly against top-flight Mlada Boleslav on Friday, with the national side slumping to a shock 1-0 defeat to the league newcomers.

Guest MattyNeth

Re: Holland vs Czechs Marek - All of Austria wanted Hans Krankl out before the England game. He was slated for not scouting England at Euro 2004, instead watching them from his armchair in Austria. 90 minutes later he was dancing on the sidelines and he is a hero. Sounds like Janas is not particularly well liked in Poland like Krankl. Wonder what you'll be thinking in a few hours time if he pulls it off? Thought the game tonight was in Katowice, not Chorsow? Or is that the same place?

... Netherlands – Czech Rep. Netherlands @ 2.05 Bets4all.com This is here the Topmatch on Wednesday. For Netherlands Arjen Robben and Ruud van Nisterrooij can not play – they are injured. For them will be van Hooijdonk and Roy Makaay start. The Czech Superstar Pavel Nedved, Tomas Galasek, Karel Poborsky and Vladimir Smicer will be injured out. I think the Netherlands will be compensate their injuries better than the Czech Rep. And they have the home advantage. I think this is a good bet on Netherlands.

Last Goalscorer Poland v England The fact that Defoe's always in the team when the final whistle blows, and Dudek being in the Polish team, I believe a punt on Jermaine Defoe for last goalscorer @ 6/1 a pretty good value. He has shown his touches, and has an eye for the goals. Shooting at every opportunity he has. What do you all say?

I say... that if Hungary don't beat Iceland I will be very poor or at least my Betfair account will be almost back to 0 I've lumped on rather big because I choose to believe that Hungary will have to much for the guests. I also remember Iceland loosing 3-0 to Lithuania a while back and if so then they willl surely lose here...Hungary at home are no mugs.Iceland away are .....mugs:b

Guest Bookies Runner

World Cup Qualifying Wednesday 8/09 I'm going with Paul Ross on this one, a massive overeaction to the Austria result, which is quite typical of the English tabloid press. Having watched the England Press conferences over the last couple of days, I get the feeling there is a bit of a Siege mentality in the England camp similar to the one the team had after the defeat to France at Euro 2004. They went on to convincingly beat The swiss in the next game; I rate this Polish team worse than that Switzerland team. I am going to give the game ten or fifteen minutes as England will probably start of a little nervously (as they did against Switzerland at 2004) hopefully the price will drift a little, then I will back the England win. Good luck on yer bets tonight BR

World Cup Qualifying Wednesday 8/09 Ive gone for a small treble on England Sweden and Ukraine(yes I know its finished) Most of the reasons are similiar to those posted by others already. Nice to see Marek's opinions, always good to hear things from the other side. Didnt realise Shevchenko wasnt starting for Ukraine, gave me a bloody heartattack almost, 90th min winner.