** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

World Cup Qualifying Wednesday 8/09

Guest heniek31

Guest heniek31

Bet365: 8 Sep-15:00 Kazakhstan v Ukraine 9.00 5.00 1.22 8 Sep-17:00 Georgia v Albania 1.72 3.40 4.00 8 Sep-17:00 Lithuania v San Marino 1.10 6.50 17.00 8 Sep-17:30 Faroe Islands v France 26.00 8.00 1.04 8 Sep-17:30 Israel v Cyprus 1.28 4.33 8.50 8 Sep-18:00 Andorra v Romania 26.00 7.50 1.05 8 Sep-19:00 Luxembourg v Latvia 12.00 6.00 1.14 8 Sep-19:00 Norway v Belarus 1.36 3.75 8.00 8 Sep-19:15 Bosnia-Herzegovina v Spain 5.00 3.50 1.57 8 Sep-19:15 Slovakia v Liechtenstein 1.04 7.50 34.00 8 Sep-19:15 Sweden v Croatia 1.80 3.10 4.00 8 Sep-19:30 Austria v Azerbaijan 1.16 5.50 12.00 8 Sep-19:30 Holland v Czech Republic 1.90 3.00 3.75 8 Sep-19:30 Poland v England 3.60 3.10 1.90 8 Sep-19:30 Switzerland v Rep of Ireland 2.20 3.25 2.75 8 Sep-19:45 Greece v Turkey 2.00 3.00 3.40 8 Sep-19:45 Moldova v Italy 10.00 4.50 1.25 8 Sep-20:00 Scotland v Slovenia 2.50 3.25 2.40 8 Sep-20:00 Wales v Northern Ireland 1.28 4.50 8.00 8 Sep-20:15 Hungary v Iceland 1.66 3.30 4.50 8 Sep-21:15 Portugal v Estonia 1.10 6.00 19.00

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MattyNeth

Poland v England In there early Heniek with the midweek odds. Nice one. You must have been happy with the Polish display yesterday. Some decent finishing, and I think you will be smiling again on Wednesday night. I think this game will cost Sven is job - the FA want him out, the media want him out and last nights display was poor. Sven now under massive pressure and media demand a win against Poland. I'm on the 1X, which will not be enough.

Guest breathethatdownyerneck

World Cup Qualifying Wednesday 8/09 Probably absolutely no truth in the matter but I heard that if Sven goes, Bobby Robson could be in line for a recall! But then, wasn't David Platt being groomed?

... Only chance for Sven to go would be a resignation imho, if there were to be a Polish humiliation :D The FA are nearly broke, and sacking Sven and paying off his inflated contract would break their bank. Northern Ireland gave another gift wrapped three points away to Poland. From what I saw, Poland didn't have to get to such a high level to defeat a terrible Irish side. If England turn in another 25min amateur display, perhaps anything can happen, especially with Calamity James in goal :puke

World Cup Qualifying Wednesday 8/09 belarus seems massively over priced to me and azerbaijan look worth a few bob have to say iceland do as well maybe a small treble..pound cudnt hurt

Re: World Cup Qualifying Wednesday 8/09 Czech seem overpriced at 3.75 against the Dutch. Czech had a reasonable Euro 2004, and have a good recent record against Holland. They were in the same qualifying group for Euro 2004, with Czech picking up a 1-1 draw away and a 3-2 victory at home. Will prob play safe and cover the draw.

World Cup Qualifying Wednesday 8/09 Blackfritz - the price is so long as there is virtually no midfield for the Czechs. I am tempted to lump on Holland as soon as I can see their starting XI. Just consider - no Nedved (which has been clear for a while now as he is still struggling to shake off the injury from the match vs Greece), no Poborsky (injury) - these two are the actual engine of the midfield, not even Plasil (the Monaco starlet), no Galasek (a very important defensive shield who's been playing in Holland for ages and able to keep their midfielders at bay). Only Rosicky left, but he usually underperforms in the national team. Now the midfield will probably consist of Rosicky (see above), Heinz (forward), Tyce (defender) and Hubschmann (defender). even the coaches clearly stated the last time we went all guns blazing forward and now we'll have to take a different approach... Very dangerous style with the likes of Hubschmann forced to play in midfield and Grygera (two goal "assists" @ Euro and had to be substituted after 20 minutes) surely in defence. If the Dutch field a decent team, 10/11 or EVS is a gift.

World Cup Qualifying Wednesday 8/09 I quite like the look of Sweden @ 1.8. Good result against Malta , must give them confidence going into this game. Sweden seem to do well at home and have the majority of their big names as far as I can tell. Croatia arent the side they used to be, losing players such as Suker to retirement. Saying that, Sweden will know that Croatia are probably the team that will challenge them for the top spot so 3 points here will put them in a great position.

Re: World Cup Qualifying Wednesday 8/09 fgee, I'd suggest you give those picks of yours a miss, nevermind pick a treble from there. :b Belarus to get a result away to Norway? This must be a joke - Norway only emered as narrow losers to Italy when they played away on Sat and are evidently a very strong home team(when up against most mediocre teams anyway). Can't see Belarus getting anything here. Similarly for Azerbaijan, I thought it was Wales' inadequacy that saw them draw 1-1 by Azerbaijan on Sat more than anything. Azerbaijan are quite simply, inept - what their performance confirms for me on Sat is Wales being given a reality check by the hosts and were put back where they rightfully belong. Wales don't belong in the exalted company of a team that got the string of brilliant results during qualification for Euro 2004 at all. I honestly think Austria will walk this one and should have little trouble winning by at least 2 clear goals at home. Some value bets : Slovenia to beat Scotland @ 2.40 Are we having a laugh? I think Slovenia are massively overpriced here to beat Scotland, even if the match is scheduled to take place at Hampden! Slovenia are fast building a burgeoning reputation of being a consistent team in qualifiers(which is remarkable given their population stands at just 2 million) - demonstrated by their 3-0 demolition of Moldova - and really, they should give the Scots a good run for their money. When you've got Fletcher captaining your side, I guess you know where you stand. 10pts on Slovenia to beat Scotland Sweden to beat Croatia @1.83 On the back of their 7-0 drubbing of Malta, I'd say Sweden are looking every bit as strong as ever - and with Larsson still in the international fold, it'd be naive to think his partnership with Ibrahimovic would not yield the flurry of goals that has characterised their partnership. Croatia look ordinary at best and quite simply, I don't see the current lot having what it takes to replace the Class of 98(Klasnic, Prso, Olic, Rapaic and co are simply not in the mould of Suker, Prosinecki and Boban) - I'm sure it'd take more than a brave man to back Croatia to get anything from a trip to Stockholm. 10pts on Sweden to beat Croatia Some speculative lays for interest : LAY Georgia to beat Albania It's ridiculous Georgia are priced at such short odds - in all honesty, I think Albania are a decent side which is undervalued very often and are simply not given the credit they're due as their result against Greece would demonstrate. For what I view as a 50-50 match, anything under or close on evens for Georgia is madness IMO. 8pts on Albania not to lose LAY Greece to beat Turkey I'm pretty sure Turkey will want to put right the wrongs that have crippled the side since their success at the World Cup 2 years ago. Greece, as their result against Albania showed on Sat, have been given a reality check and brought right back down to earth in the aftermath of their fortuitous Euro 2004 success. Quite simply, I'd expect Greece to go back to those dark ages which saw them struggle to make the playoffs, nevermind clinch the automatic qualification spot. Greece should be nothing more than evens to beat Turkey really - it's a bit of a joke the way this match is priced up. 10pts on Turkey not to lose

Guest kojic2003

Norway

Belarus to get a result away to Norway? This must be a joke - Norway only emered as narrow losers to Italy when they played away on Sat
:rolleyes Norway were a real sh*t on Saturday.Italy could have easily scored at least 5 goals.

Guest steve1966

WCQG fancy Wales to beat N Ireland. The irish simply cannot score whilst Wales have a half decent squad. Hill Have them at 2/5 which aint to bad. Not sure on England though. Pressure will be on Sven to get a result but after last weekends farce I'm not convinced

Re: Poland-England to be honest i was pleasantly surprised with the odds provided.there's lots of hope in the polish media and squad itself. but let me just say,( i was in Belfast on Saturday) yes, we won vs N.Ireland but the result flattered us a lot. first goal in the 3rd min. was a fluke, curling shot from the corner, goalie made a blunder(he had sun shining straight in his eyes, to his defence) and hurrray we were 1 up. second goal simply proved the only way we succeed-counterattacks only-long ball from the back to the forward, shot executed quickly by Wlodarczyk, 2-0. third was scored again after the counterattack. forwards failed to place the shot, the ball rebounded to the incoming Krzynowek (MOTM) who nailed it in from outside the box. we played in the diamond formation, with Wlodarczyk up front. the guy is in form, proved it on Saturday, but his lack of international experience was proved when he got involved in the clash with the hosts' player and smacked him in the face...well, we won't see Wlodarczyk on Wednesday then. another thing that i noticed while watching the game, our left- and righbacks were sooo slow... if Irish wingers were being able to get through and cross the ball, i fear what pacey English players will do. if Eriksson saw that game, he should play S.Wright-Phillips from the beginning, with his pace and abilities our defenders will be huffin and puffin after first 30 min. provided England will not step off the gas pedal, Poland will not have a chance. what's more, we'll play in Chorzow, the biggest stadium in Poland with 45.000 capacity, but frankly i hate this venue. massive open air stadium, without coherent support and chanting. you're gonna hear lots of nutters with small trumpets that make noise, but do not help the hosts. even some playres were saying about that some time ago. as someone said-Polish team is too strong for the weak, and too weak for the strong. enough said. i placed to bets: £110 on [email protected] £100 England HT/FT @3.1

scotland vs slovenia edtkh i as just pointing out some outsiders maybe worth a pound.. azerbaijan is obviously a very long shot norway are not that great a team...they dont impress me belarus didnt show up at euro 2004 but i think they'll get back on track and a win away is quite possible anyway on the scots v the slovenes its greatly priced on form anyway we are nothing short of average..and my head says a slovenian win but then my gut tells me we could get a win , just on the back of the confidence booster in spain and theyve had plenty of time for training and team bonding.. i remember hearing they had 9 sssions before the spain game when theyd usually only have about 3.. so on form slovenia wins..but us scots are unpredicatble we tend to play poorer against the smaller teams but i dunno what sort of tactics vogts will use...if any

Guest Striker

Moldova v Italy Hi Guys A play on the total goals for me on OVER 2.5 @ 1.79 [Mr Bookmaker] Stake:£100 Moldova leaked 3 to Slovenia on Saturday,and Italy although scoring twice could have scored more. Dont think they will waste many chances against this class of opposition Good Luck

Guest MattyNeth

Re: World Cup Qualifying Wednesday 8/09 WARSAW, Sept 7 (Reuters) - England face Poland on Wednesday looking to take the heat off troubled coach Sven-Goran Eriksson by kick-starting their 2006 World Cup qualifying campaign. With the British media sharpening their knives for Eriksson after Saturday's blundering 2-2 draw with Austria, England can ill-afford to lose to a Poland side buoyed by a 3-0 win over Northern Ireland. Though Eriksson has said he will resign only if England fail to qualify for the 2006 finals, the Swede's position would become increasingly untenable if the country was seen to be turning against him in the wake of a defeat in Chorzow. England had been cruising at 2-0 up with 20 minutes to go at the Ernst Happel stadium on Saturday before being rocked by two quick goals from Austria, at least one of them down to a blunder by erratic keeper David James. Eriksson's plight has been made worse by the absence of key players through either injury or suspension and he could lose skipper David Beckham, who is suffering from a rib injury. Central defenders Sol Campbell and Rio Ferdinand, along with teenage striker Wayne Rooney, England's best player at Euro 2004, are all missing while Beckham pulled out early of Monday's training session in Vienna. Should Beckham fail to prove his fitness, Eriksson would probably fill the gap on the right with pacy winger Shaun Wright-Phillips, who scored a superb solo goal on his England debut in last month's 3-0 friendly win over Ukraine. It would be one of very few switches Eriksson plans to make to his starting XI, despite the scrappy performance in Vienna. "The worse thing I could do is panic and change five players for Wednesday...I will not panic," said Eriksson, who could choose Jermain Defoe over Alan Smith as Michael Owen's strike partner. "I will stick to more or less the same formation, it will not be a revolution, that's for sure." England have a history of difficult games with Poland, who famously denied their hosts a place at the 1974 World Cup in a 1-1 draw at Wembley in October 1973. POLISH SURPRISE Their next one is not likely to be any different, with Poland coach Pawel Janas in optimistic mood after the Northern Ireland win. "We want to fight for at least second place in the group... but who says that we cannot take first place," he said. "For that, we must play a different brand of football. "I am preparing several surprises for England, that is why I substituted Maciej Zurawski and Jacek Krzynowek (on Saturday). I wanted to save them for Wednesday." The surprise will most likely be a new striker -- either Grzegorz Rasiak or Andrzej Niedzielan -- coming in for Piotr Wlodarczyk who was red-carded in Belfast. Probable teams: Poland: Jerzy Dudek, Sebastian Mila, Tomasz Rzasa, Michal Zewlakow, Arkadiusz Glowacki, Jacek Bak, Marek Zienczuk, Jacek Krzynowek, Maciej Zurawski, Mariusz Lewandowski, Grzegorz Rasiak England: David James; Gary Neville, John Terry, Ledley King, Ashley Cole; David Beckham, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Wayne Bridge, Jermain Defoe, Michael Owen

World Cup Qualifying Wednesday 8/09 Have to agree With Marek again here, from a betting perspective Austria clawing back the draw well against the run of play and Poland winning has Pushed Englands odds out to around a more respectable evens. The draw in Austria makes this all the more important for an away win, allthough not critical @ this stage, England returning home with 1 or 2 points from 2 games would be a huge dissapointment so the emphasis must be on the win. Taking nothing away from Poland, Northern Ireland are dire @ the mo, which made it harder to judge this current Poland Team but man for man and with England used to being in this position i'd like to think they are more than capable of pulling it off. only thing im wary of is Polands counter attack which looked quite fluent , whether that was through quality play or irelands dire defending we'll soon find out and if James is in net again expect a few long range efforts. No such thing as a banker But Wales v NI certainly comes close even though its a bit of a Derby Wales must surely win in what will be a full house against a very poor Irish side. Odds to low to temp me but must be one for the accy fans.

Guest MattyNeth

Re: World Cup Qualifying Wednesday 8/09 Just looked at England's competitive results away to Poland over the last few years - makes interesting reading. Four draws out of five? Date Venue Result Competition 11 Oct 1989 Away D 0-0 World Cup Qual 13 Nov 1991 Away D 1-1 Euro Qual 29 May 1993 Away D 1-1 World Cup Qual 31 May 1997 Away W 2-0 World Cup Qual 8 Sep 1999 Away D 0-0 Euro Qual

Guest Orome Avatunare

Re: World Cup Qualifying Wednesday 8/09 I'm looking at Ireland (2.85 @ Expekt) to beat Switzerland away. I think I'll wait to see if Duff will be fit.

Damien Duff remains Ireland's biggest injury concern ahead of the Group 4 World Cup qualifier against Switzerland in Basle. Duff, who is nursing an injured calf muscle, sat out yesterday's training session in Malahide. The winger is rated 50-50 for Wednesday's game. A fit-again Roy Keane, who surprisingly joined the squad after initially being ruled out with a rib injury, took part in tne training session. Keane's Man Utd team-mate John O'Shea was last night ruled out with a thigh problem. Graham Kavanagh and Stephen Carr have both been passed fit.

Re: World Cup Qualifying Wednesday 8/09 Norway were a real sh*t on Saturday.Italy could have easily scored at least 5 goals. kojic, I don't see how you could read that much into any Italian performance - yes, Italy could have scored 5. Mind, they could have scored a couple more in each game over the last few major tournaments in(and clearly Trap could well have kept his job had he done that), but they simply choose not to. For me, the fact that Norway only lost by a slender 2-1 in Italy says alot about them(I guess it's fair to say they were defensive from the outset since they got that early goal as they probably regarded taking anything from that game as a bonus). I'm not, for a moment, trying to build Norway up to be world beaters, but to suggest they're that bad as to believe Belarus could beat them on home soil is foolhardy. Belarus to beat Norway - I'd still think it's a laugh. Lump on it if you would, guys! We'll see about that on Wednesday... fgee, were the Scots that impressive against Spain? I didn't catch that match but my impressions of Scotland are nothing impressive for obvious reasons(much of which you'd probably have already read about in the press) - sad to say, I only recall 2 decent performances from the Scots under Vogts when it counted(holding the Germans to a draw and beating Holland during the Euro 2004 qualifiers). They seem to have trouble getting results against the minnows(which would include infamously losing 2-0 to Faroe Islands :rollin ) and Slovenia just seem to have more than enough bottle to tackle such teams. PS : Anyway, I don't think it could be too encouraging when Fletcher's regarded as one of the key players in that side - I've seen enough of the thrash he serves out at United every week. :b

Re: World Cup Qualifying Wednesday 8/09

They seem to have trouble getting results against the minnows(which would include infamously losing 2-0 to Faroe Islands )
Sorry to pick you up again edtkh but Scotland have never lost to the Faroes. Perhaps you should do some more research into your picks.

Re Warning! Just read that Moldova - Italy could be postponed, the match was to be played at Tiraspol, but was ruled insafe due to some demonstrations going on, so the match should be moved to Chisinau, but the Chisinau stadium is not ready, they've been doing some major reconstructions that are not yet finished . It may easily be that the match is postponed. Even if it is not, this might influence the teams, making it less easy to predict, though I still believe Italy will win.

World Cup Qualifying Wednesday 8/09 cant help but chuckle @ edtks' scotland expertise and on the scotland vs spain front i caught the first half last night on 5 (repeat) and the conditions of the game played a huge part in the result imo scotland were poor for the most part but managed to get in on goal a couple of times with crawford blowing both chances..casillas stood up well spain were even worse and hardly troubled gordon in fact i dont remember him having a proper save to make the conditions were horrible...strong wind in an open stadium,pitch had very heavy rain the previous night which meant bobbles,slipping and generally a really awkward pitch to play on and i think the spaniards were a bit shocked to ave gone behind to us especially from an og scotland although we didnt have great deal of possesion we held the 'inquisition' quite comfotably when under attack for once berti seemed to have worked out a semi decent system to play them anyway on that display i wouldnt say slovenia are certs to win at hampden our track record does us no favours..theres just a lot of unpredictability about our games just a bit cautious about thsi fixture