** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29)

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29)

China vs Uzbekistan China will miss their 1st choice goalkeeper, Li Lei Lei, and ex-Charlton player Zheng Zhi today while defender Li Weifeng might follow suit also today. So we can see that the Chinese are missing few important players today. However, their motivation is undoubtedly high. Since they need a draw at minimum to qualify. On the other hand, Uzbekistan would be desperate for a win today. Since it is the only option they have left. No doubt this will be an exciting clash between two teams who have similar physical strength and perhaps the Chinese are slightly better technically. I expect an open game today. The Uzbek would go on the offensive. No doubt both team can score against each other. The Chinese showed a superb display against Iran last time early in the first half before gradually wearing out and throwing away their 2 goals advantage. On the other hand, the Uzbek surely know how to score too. With Shaksith in the team now, they are quite dangerous upfront. If China were to concede which they probably will, we can see them going for the precious goal to draw the match. So total goals over is probably the best bet here. Betting Suggestion: TG Over 2.5 Goals
Go uzbek!! 3 goals in the last 20 minutes...... the final goal was on 97 minutes according to bwin. Anyone know what happened as it came up saying 4 mins added time and then went on to play 10 minutes.. the odds for under 2.5 goals went down to 1.01 on 94 minutes, betcha some idiots lost a lot of money with that 97 minute goal!!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asian Cup Soccer - China/Uzbekistan - total Over 2½ (-101) for the regulation time held on Jul 18 at 7:35am [pending] Both teams crushed Malaysia, 5-0 and 5-1. China let a 2-0 lead against Iran slip to 2-2, and Uzbekistan was only able to get a 5th-minute own-goal in a 2-1 loss to Iran. The situation here is that China leads the group but can't really afford to slip up, while Uzbekistan absolutely must win. Even money for overs here is a very nice line, hopefully Uzbekistan can find the net once and press forward for some nice Chinese counters.
OMG, I'm a lucky sod... Scoreless after 70 minutes, Uzbekistan scores, now China need a goal to draw and move forward, but not only does Uzbekistan score another goal to ice the game, they score a third goal in injury time...PHHHEEEEEEWWWWWW! Uzbekistan 3, China 0 M. Shatskikh 72' T. Kapadze 86' A. Geynrikh 91' Not at all the way I expected the game to unfold, but I'll take it. I wonder if China regret taking two shots or whatever it was...

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Yeah that was tight !!! When my livescore beeps, I thought it was some other random match, but Uzbek 333333333333333333333333. I'm one relieved man :lol:lol:lol. Congratz for the win too allthethings :) We must be one of the most relieved men for today I guess.

MatchDay 4 ^
21/7/0717:20Quarter-Final 3 My Dinh National Stadium, Hanoi, VIE
Japan - Australia
Match Index
spacer.gif
20:20Quarter-Final 1 Rajamangala National Stadium, Bangkok, THA
Iraq - Vietnam
Match Index
spacer.gif
22/7/0718:20Quarter-Final 2 National Stadium Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur, MAS
Iran - Korea Republic
Match Index
spacer.gif
20:20Quarter-Final 4 Gelora Bung Karno Stadium, Jakarta, IDN
Saudi Arabiav Uzbekistan
Match Index

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Japan v Australia Venue & Time: My Dinh National Stadium, Hanoi, Vietnam, Saturday July 21, 8.20pm (AEST) Head to Head (since 1987): Australia 2, Japan 3, Drawn 2 Form: Are the Socceroos back in form or was the win over Thailand merely a flattering victory over a weak opponent? This is the match that will tell whether Graham Arnold's team truly are a genuine Asian Cup contender. The Socceroos could not have been more disappointing in their first two matches - when they drew with Oman and lost to Iraq - but they finished off the Thais in style with a 4-0 rout to scrape into the knockout stages, even though the final margin flattered them. Japan - which is aiming to become the first country since Iran in 1976 to win this tournament three times in succession - also started its campaign slowly with a 1-1 draw against Qatar but has showed why it is the number one ranked team in Asia (two places ahead of the Socceroos) by scoring seven goals in its past two matches to easily beat the United Arab Emirates and Vietnam to top Group B. Worries: Does Arnold stick with the youthful line-up that overcame Thailand or go back to the more experienced line-up which was so disappointing against Oman and Iraq? It is a major dilemma for the Socceroos' boss, who will regain Lucas Neill from suspension for this match. But should Neill, who was disappointing in the first two matches, automatically return ahead of either Michael Beauchamp or Mark Milligan, who were both so impressive against Thailand. And regardless of which defence or formation he decides to go with, will the Socceroos' defence have the pace to match the speedy and classy Japanese attack? As for Japan, its biggest concern will be how to counter Australia's aerial height and strength advantage as the defending champions remember just how much damage the likes of Tim Cahill, Mark Viduka and John Aloisi did to them in the closing stages of the Socceroos' memorable 3-1 World Cup win in Germany last year. AUSTRALIA: Tim Cahill: The Japanese will need little reminding of the dangers this man poses after the Everton star single-handedly turned last year's World Cup match on its head when he came off the bench and scored two goals in the last ten minutes as the Socceroos won 3-1 after trailing 1-0 for most of the game. And despite coming into this tournament not having played for three months, Cahill has had a huge impact as it was his injury-time goal which rescued a point for the Aussies in the opening game while he also set up two late goals for Viduka in the 4-0 win over Thailand. JAPAN: Shunsuke Nakamura: The Celtic star was the man who scored Japan's goal against Australia at the World Cup and he has again been in fine form at this tournament, scoring in the 4-1 win over Vietnam. The star midfielder - who was named player of the year in Scotland last season - is particularly dangerous from free-kicks with his powerful left foot. The Japanese have talked about nothing but gaining revenge on the Australians for last year's World Cup collapse since this tournament began after the two teams were widely expected to meet in Review from Sportal

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Iraq v Vietnam Venue & Time Rajamangala National Stadium, Bangkok, July 21, 23:20 AEST Head to Head (Since 1987) No matches Form Iraq surprisingly topped Group A after defeating Australia and drawing with Oman and Thailand. It was a massive effort from Jorvan Vieira to get his boys into second round after being in the job just five weeks. The only concern is whether his team has lost momentum with the 0-0 draw against Oman, which they were lucky to get a point out of. Had Oman won, Iraq would have been headed to Hanoi to take on Japan. Vietnam was the only one of the four host countries to make the next round, having defeated the UAE 2-0 and claimed a point against Qatar. That's no mean feat ranked 117 in the world between such football luminaries as Kazakhstan and Burundi. But Vietnam did limp through, after being hammered 4-1 by Japan in the final game. It has lost momentum and home advantage for this match. Worries Iraq has nothing too much to worry about, with only one player unavailable (substitute Qusai Munir) through suspension. After such a fantastic performance against the Aussies, the Iraqis were a little disappointing against Oman, but it was a result which got them through. Vieira needs to keep his men motivated and a semi-final spot awaits. Vietnam has a full list to choose from but little or no experience at this level. It has been a fantastic effort to get this far but can it put the Japan drubbing behind it and get up against Iraq? Danger man Iraq - Nashat Akram - Is such a good player, and his quality should shine against this type of opposition. He has had a great campaign so far, and deserves a European contract based on his efforts. The talisman of the side and the man who must fire if they are to get over this hurdle. Vietnam - Le Cong Vinh - The future of Vietnam football and whether they can build on this success will sit largely on the striker's shoulders. The 21-year-old scored in the opening match and must get himself into dangerous positions again if he is to carry Alfred Riedl's side into the semi finals. Both of these teams provide great stories, with Iraq overcoming everything from war to a new coach to top the group, while Vietnamese football has come on in leaps and bounds in the past two weeks. It's a pity to have a loser between these two sides, but Iraq is clearly the better side and a reasonable performance will see them through to the semi finals. Review from Sportal

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Japan vs Australia 9843neill300.jpg The two big favorites coming into this tournament will meet at My Dinh National Stadium and one team has to go tonight. Definetely, this will be one of the best clash in the Asian Cup 2007 Quaterfinals. Japan is boosted by the news that their hard man Keita Suzuki, Japanese version of the Italian Gattuso, might still play in this game despite the pain he currently suffers. No doubt, revenge will be a top priority in this game after a painful defeat in Kaiserlautern during the 2006 FIFA World Cup. Seiichiro Maki recently on one of his interview stated that if Japan national team were able to pick an enemy for their matches, Australia is #1 in the list. Neill will be back today for the Australian, while Wilkshire will be suspended and unable to feature. Mark Milligan and Michael Beauchamp are also set to retain their places after their impressive performance last week against Thailand. This is a tough match no doubt, but in my oppinion Japan should triumph this time. Certainly, the Japanese players are adapting very well to Hanoi's weather after for such a period of time being there. While the Australian are coming from Thailand and they have to adapt to new weather situation. It is not far different in humidity, but the heat in Vietnam can sometimes reach 40 degree celcius and being played at 17.20 local time, this certainly won't help their cause too. On top of that, coming to this quaterfinal, the Japanese were clearly the team with better form. Despite coming to this quarterfinal after beating Thailand. I'm not at all impressed by the way the Socceroos has performed. They were lucky that they had better stamina than the Thais players and are physically stronger despite getting bombarded and dominated by the Thais most of the match. While Japan was playing some beatiful football against Vietnam and UAE on the way to the quarterfinal. They were able to keep the ball and played them fluently unlike the Aussies. Betting wise, I think we can see at least 2 goals in this match. Both team are desperate to win this and I think once one of them conceeded, the other will chase their deficit. And no doubt both team can really damage the other. So Over 2.25 Goals looked to be a good choice here. And undeniable, Japan on level Asian Handicap also looked appealing for me. Probable Lineups --------------------------- JEPANG (3-1-4-2) 1-Kawaguchi; 21-Kaji, 3-Komano, 22-Nakazawa; 6-Abe; 7-Endo, 14-K. Nakamura, 10-S. Nakamura, 13-Suzuki; 12-Maki, 19-Takahara Subs: 23-Kawashima; 18-Narazaki, 5-Tsuboi, 8-Hanyu, 24-Hashimoto, 29-Inoha, 2-Konno, 15-Mizuno, 28-Ohta, 9-Yamagishi, 11-Sato, 20-Yano. Coach: Ivica Osim (Bosnia) AUSTRALIA (4-1-3-2) 1-Schwarzer; 2-Neill, 6-Beauchamp, 22-Milligan, 20-Carney; 5-Culina; 7-Emerton, 4-Cahill, 23-Bresciano; 15-Aloisi, 9-Viduka Subs: 12-Jones, 18-Petkovic; 3-Kisnorbo, 16-Thwaite, 19-Carle, 21-Sterjovski, 13-Grella, 17-Valeri, 14-Holman, 10-Kewell, 11-Thompson. Coach: Graham Arnold Betting Sugestion TG Over 2.25 Japan lvl

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Iraq vs Vietnam Vietnam squad looked thin coming to this match. Reliable GK Duong Hong Son is not 100% fit as he is treated for some knock on his right shoulders. On top of that, central defender Nhu Thanh has an injury in his left thigh, midfielder Tan Tai has a groin injury, and Huy Hoang and Minh Phuong have ankle niggles. While Phan Van Tai Em, Vietnam player of the year, will not be featuring today after recently got married. Iraq no doubt is coming to this match with more advantage in their hand such as they get to stay in Malaysia. However, they will lose Qusay Munir from suspension today. But they should have more than able replacement to fill his slot. Betting picks in this match are quite straight forward. Iraq -1.25 and Over 2.75 looked to be good bets. No doubt the Vietnamese are going to struggle physically with their opponent looked to be fitter and way taller than them. We can see that on the last game against Japan, the Vietnamese were struggling to contain the Japanese players who are far superior techinically and most importantly are taller. Today they will face Iraq who might not be as good as Japan technically but are better than the Vietnamese. However, I guess the quality that Iraq lack might be motivation and spirit. The Vietnamese know they are coming as underdog in this match and after such display in their previous games, we can see that they are a very determined team to do well. Underestimation could also be the key that might destroy Iraq today. No doubt they know they are better than the Vietnamese on most aspect of the game. And might not push themself hard enough to win the game. Despite saying that, I think Iraq should managed past the weakened Vietnamese side. However, my stake for both bet on this match wouldn't be as high as my Japan vs Australia betting picks. Betting Sugestion Iraq -1.25 AH TG Over 2.5

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Asian Cup Quarterfinals Soccer - Iran/South Korea - total Over 2½ (+111) for the regulation time held on Jul 22 at 5:15am [pending] Both teams have played not so great and have used questionable tactics, and both have either had to battle back in their games (Iran) or let leads slip away (Korea). I just feel like this one could get chaotic, although most of what I'm reading is about how both teams are focusing on defense. They can if they want, it hasn't been that effective for either of them so far. I'll take the plus money for one of the biggest rivalry games of the tournament, one that has produced a 4-3 and a 6-2 game in recent quarterfinal matchups. BOL all

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Iran vs South Korea Cho Jae-jin is set to retain his place in the starting lineups tonight against Iran. In this clash, the Taeguk Warrior will finally be put to its hardest challenge yet against another Asian powerhouse Iran. Despite qualifying, the South Korean were not really convincing in their path to this quarterfinal. They only managed to keep their 1 goal advantage to win against Indonesia who are weaker than them. While they have let slip their 1 goal advantage in their matches so far against Saudi Arabia and Bahrain. On the other hand, team "Melli" were not that impressive either despite finishing on top of the group. Their sloppy first half game against Uzbekistan and China showed that this team are slow starters. However, so far they always managed to turn things around in the second half. Against Malaysia where they were expected to trash them, it did not happen also. However, the match against Malaysia should not be counted to measure their strength. History favours the Persian side more. The Korean has never beat them in competitive matches except in one friendly recently in 2005. Squad wise, the Iranian also has far more experienced players in their squad. However, the South Korean can't be taken lighlty also with Lee Chun-soo always looks lively when he features so far. But their problem so far has been their poor finishing and lack of real goal poacher. In conclusion, this is a really hard game to predict. Both team are capable of beating each other with Iranian as the slightly better team here for me. The handicap of -0.25 (Asian Handicap) looks fair enough for me. Iran should beat South Korea today or at least taken a draw. Form wise despite both team are not really up to their full power so far, I still think Iranian has been in better form. So I will venture on the handicap today. Betting Sugestion Iran -0.25 AH

Asian Cup Quarterfinals Soccer - Iran/South Korea - total Over 2½ (+111) for the regulation time held on Jul 22 at 5:15am [pending] Both teams have played not so great and have used questionable tactics, and both have either had to battle back in their games (Iran) or let leads slip away (Korea). I just feel like this one could get chaotic, although most of what I'm reading is about how both teams are focusing on defense. They can if they want, it hasn't been that effective for either of them so far. I'll take the plus money for one of the biggest rivalry games of the tournament, one that has produced a 4-3 and a 6-2 game in recent quarterfinal matchups. BOL all
all my overs 0-0 lately. my under came in at 4-1. :@

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Saudi Arabia vs Uzbekistan Todays clash is not just simply to obtain ticket to the semi-final of AFC Asian Cup 2007 for Saudi Arabia. This is also a match where they can take revenge to the Uzbekistan team after losing to them 3 years ago in Chengdu, China for the Asian Cup 2004. Losing to Uzbekistan was one of the factor that make them not to go pass through the group stages at that time. Surely, the "Sons of Dessert" wouldn't want a repeat of similar tragedy tonight in Indonesia. Both team approaching this match in a similar fashion with their form trend going up as time pass by. Uzbekistan with L-W-W while the Saudi with D-W-W. Certainly the presence of Shaksith has strengthen the Uzbekistan forward force. With him in the team, they beat Malaysia soundly 5 - 0 and a weakened Chinese side by 3-0. Today, the Saudis will be boosted by the return of Khalid Aziz to their rank. Climate advantage also seems to be in Saudi advantage as they have had a lot of time to adjust to Indonesian climate. However, the climate in the continent is not far too different and it is not too far to travel from Malaysia to Indonesia. So really both team are coming to this match without any slight advantage. A hard match to bet on without doubt. However, after such convincing trashing of Bahrain, I think the Saudis are my pick today. Uzbekistan also deserved some credit on beating China 3 - 0. However, it was a weakened Chinese team and the result would be different had the Chinese were able to play at their fullest strength. However, the Uzbek can't be taken lightly. So instead of going with Saudi Arabia straight win in 1X2 bet, I would take them on Asian Handicap of -0.25 which looked to be fair enough. TG Over would also be my secondary bet in this match since both team can score and surely they can concede too. Probable Lineups --------------------------- SAUDI ARABIA(4-4-2) 1 Al Mosailem; 15 Al Bahri, 3 Osama, 19 Abdrabh, 7 K. Al Mousa; 30 A. Al Mousa, 14 Khariri, 16 Aziz, 18 Al Qahtani; 9 Malek, 20 Yasser Subs: 21-Assaf, 22-Waleed, 2-Hazzazi, 5-Majed, 11-Saad, 12-Al Khaibari, 13-Darwish, 17-Taiseer, 23-Al Shamrani, 25-Takar, 28-Autef. Coach: Helio Cesar dos Anjos. UZBEKISTAN (5-3-2) 12 Nesterov; 2 Karimov, 4 Ibragimov, 17 Nikolaev, 23-Denisov, 28 Gafurov; 7 Haydarov, 8 Djeparov, 18 Kapadze; 10 Bakaev, 16 Shatskikh Subs: 1-Bugalo, 21-G. Hasanov, 3-Karaev, 6-Ismailov, 9-Solomin, 11-Bikmaev, 13-Khoshimov, 15-Geynrikh, 20-Magdeev, 22-Akramov, 26-Karpenko. Coach: Rauf Inileev. Betting Sugestion Saudi Arabia -0.25 TG Over 2.5 Goals

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Once more into the breach, my friends. I simply believe that Japan is the better team and that attacking will be the plan for these two...In this case I take a side and overs as a line of O2 is definitely reachable by two teams that have shown an ability to score and concede in this competition. I would be surprised if either team were to score and then try to sit on a 1-0 lead...and my expectation is that Japan will come out aggresively...until the Bahrain game in the group stage, the Saudis were not convincing in the attack, whereas Japan (in spite of the Australia game, for example) seemed to take the initiative in most games, dictating the tempo. Soccer - Japan/Saudi Arabia - total Over 2 (-135) for the regulation time held on Jul 25 at 8:15am [pending] Soccer - Japan - spread -½ (+102) for the regulation time held on Jul 25 at 8:15am [pending]

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Japan - Saudi Arabia Pick: Japan (-0.25) Defending champs, Japanese, are going to play against Saudi Arabia at the AFC Asian Cup in the semi-final game. Those teams played in against each other in that competition two times. Both of them won by Japan (1:0 and 4:1) but it was very long time ago and it really doesn't matter now. Last year during Asia Cup qualifiers those two teams split two games by winning at home (Saudi Arabia 1:0 and Japan 3:1). Saudi Arabia started slowly this tournament with draw against playing average ball Korea. But then they gained 3 wins in a row. Although we have to remember that they were really lucky in last game. Uzbekistan hit the post five times in that game and had one goal disallowed. Saudi Arabia won that game 2:1 but we had to admit that all luck was on their side. In quarter-finals Japan beat Australia in penalties. But to be hones they were much better through the whole game and even before Aussies were forced to play in ten after red card. They were only lacking good finishing in front of goalkeeper. Later in the game and in extra time Australia focused on defence so it was very hard to do anything with them. When I'm looking at both teams from this tournament point of view I have no doubts that Japan is better side. That's why I'm picking them for today win. But we have to remember that both teams are top teams in Asia and Saudi Arabia won't give up easily. My only concern is that this game could possible end up in extra time or even penalties so I'm taking asian handicap. I don't have full knowledge yet about line-ups but it looks like that Japan will play with the same line-up as against Australia, which is good news for me. Right back Akira Kaji has some problems with ankle but he is expected to play. There is also maybe one more thing that can give some advantage to Japan. Saudis had long trip from Jakarta which took them about 12 hours. But i believe that at that stage of tournament they will definitely give their best tonight.

Japan - Saudi Arabia Pick: Japan (-0.25) Defending champs, Japanese, are going to play against Saudi Arabia at the AFC Asian Cup in the semi-final game. Those teams played in against each other in that competition two times. Both of them won by Japan (1:0 and 4:1) but it was very long time ago and it really doesn't matter now. Last year during Asia Cup qualifiers those two teams split two games by winning at home (Saudi Arabia 1:0 and Japan 3:1). Saudi Arabia started slowly this tournament with draw against playing average ball Korea. But then they gained 3 wins in a row. Although we have to remember that they were really lucky in last game. Uzbekistan hit the post five times in that game and had one goal disallowed. Saudi Arabia won that game 2:1 but we had to admit that all luck was on their side. In quarter-finals Japan beat Australia in penalties. But to be hones they were much better through the whole game and even before Aussies were forced to play in ten after red card. They were only lacking good finishing in front of goalkeeper. Later in the game and in extra time Australia focused on defence so it was very hard to do anything with them. When I'm looking at both teams from this tournament point of view I have no doubts that Japan is better side. That's why I'm picking them for today win. But we have to remember that both teams are top teams in Asia and Saudi Arabia won't give up easily. My only concern is that this game could possible end up in extra time or even penalties so I'm taking asian handicap. I don't have full knowledge yet about line-ups but it looks like that Japan will play with the same line-up as against Australia, which is good news for me. Right back Akira Kaji has some problems with ankle but he is expected to play. There is also maybe one more thing that can give some advantage to Japan. Saudis had long trip from Jakarta which took them about 12 hours. But i believe that at that stage of tournament they will definitely give their best tonight.
Nice writeups and :welcome to PL.

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Korea Republic vs Iraq a_ausvirq_04.jpg The Koreans are coming to the semi-final after a rough ride throughout the tournament. They were lucky to edge past Iran in the penalty lottery. None of their performances are impressive so far. However, considering the squad they have at their disposal we could argue that they have done just enough to be in the semi-final of AFC Asian Cup 2007. Iraq on the other hand has been the surprise packet for everyone in this tournament. Their highest achievement so far was beating Australia 3 - 1 in the group stages. However, since then they have not been as impressive as they possibly could leading up to the semi final with a boring draw against Oman and 2 goals victory triumph over Vietnam. Nevertheless, it can be argued that the not so impressive display could be due to they have done enough and it is time to save energy for them. Anyway, the Taeguk Warriors are coming to this match with a lot of tired bodies after the long game they had against Iran. But don't let this fool you that Iraq will have an advantage over it. The Iraqis themselves faced some problem when they were arriving in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. They were stranded without rooms in Monday evening and they have to wait for quite long before they get allocated to rooms. Not only that, they have had some tiring travelling to do as well departing Bangkok at 7AM and to arrive in Malysia 5PM. The icing on the cake also came when they finally hit training grounds at 9PM and finished their session at 12.30AM and was having dinner at 1:30AM. So by all means, Iraq will be tired themselves after those sets of events happened to them. The last meeting between the two side was in a friendly which resulted in South Korean win by 3 goals to nil. However, the Iraq team coming to this match are completely a different team and playing a different ball game. Betting wise, I see the TG Over 2 as a nice bet today. On paper, both team have the striking force that could hurt each other despite not being as impressive as they could be lately. Tiredness factor is also another reason why I see this game could possibly have some goals in it. Most of the South Korean games so far are low scoring since Pim Verbeek is a very cautious coach. In this match, the tiredness factor could kick in and few mistakes at the back could be costly for both team. Hence, despite many pundits are tipping this game to be another low scoring affair. I have to disagree with that. Probable Lineups: IRAQ (4-3-3) 22 Noor S.; 14 Haider A., 15 Ali A., 2 Jasim M., 3 Basem A.; 5 Nashat A., 6 Salih S., 19 Haitham K.; 18 Mahdi K., 10 Younis M., 11 Hawar M. Subs: 1-Ahmed A., 23-Mohammed K, 4-Khaldoon I, 7-Ali A, 8-Ahmed A. 9-Mohammad N. 12-Haieder A. 13-Karrar J. 16-Ahmed M., 17-Luay S., 20-Nabeel A. 24-Qusai M. Coach: Jorvan Vieira (Brasil). KOREA (4-3-3) 1 Woon-jae; 16 Beom-seok, 3 Jin-kyu , 13 Chi-gon, 4 Dong-jin; 8 Doo-hyun, 17 Jung-woo, 20 Dae-ho;, 10 Chun-soo , 9 Jae-jin, 7 Sung-kuk Subs: 21-Yong-dae, 23-Sung-ryong, 2-Chong-gug, 6-Ho, 11-Keun-ho, 12-Dong-gook, 14-Sang-sik, 15-Chi-woo, 18-Sung-yong, 19-Ki-hun, 22-Min-soo, 27-Jang-eun. Coach: Pim Verbeek (Belanda). Betting Sugestion TG Over 2

Korea Republic vs Iraq a_ausvirq_04.jpg The Koreans are coming to the semi-final after a rough ride throughout the tournament. They were lucky to edge past Iran in the penalty lottery. None of their performances are impressive so far. However, considering the squad they have at their disposal we could argue that they have done just enough to be in the semi-final of AFC Asian Cup 2007. Iraq on the other hand has been the surprise packet for everyone in this tournament. Their highest achievement so far was beating Australia 3 - 1 in the group stages. However, since then they have not been as impressive as they possibly could leading up to the semi final with a boring draw against Oman and 2 goals victory triumph over Vietnam. Nevertheless, it can be argued that the not so impressive display could be due to they have done enough and it is time to save energy for them. Anyway, the Taeguk Warriors are coming to this match with a lot of tired bodies after the long game they had against Iran. But don't let this fool you that Iraq will have an advantage over it. The Iraqis themselves faced some problem when they were arriving in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. They were stranded without rooms in Monday evening and they have to wait for quite long before they get allocated to rooms. Not only that, they have had some tiring travelling to do as well departing Bangkok at 7AM and to arrive in Malysia 5PM. The icing on the cake also came when they finally hit training grounds at 9PM and finished their session at 12.30AM and was having dinner at 1:30AM. So by all means, Iraq will be tired themselves after those sets of events happened to them. The last meeting between the two side was in a friendly which resulted in South Korean win by 3 goals to nil. However, the Iraq team coming to this match are completely a different team and playing a different ball game. Betting wise, I see the TG Over 2 as a nice bet today. On paper, both team have the striking force that could hurt each other despite not being as impressive as they could be lately. Tiredness factor is also another reason why I see this game could possibly have some goals in it. Most of the South Korean games so far are low scoring since Pim Verbeek is a very cautious coach. In this match, the tiredness factor could kick in and few mistakes at the back could be costly for both team. Hence, despite many pundits are tipping this game to be another low scoring affair. I have to disagree with that. Probable Lineups: IRAQ (4-3-3) 22 Noor S.; 14 Haider A., 15 Ali A., 2 Jasim M., 3 Basem A.; 5 Nashat A., 6 Salih S., 19 Haitham K.; 18 Mahdi K., 10 Younis M., 11 Hawar M. Subs: 1-Ahmed A., 23-Mohammed K, 4-Khaldoon I, 7-Ali A, 8-Ahmed A. 9-Mohammad N. 12-Haieder A. 13-Karrar J. 16-Ahmed M., 17-Luay S., 20-Nabeel A. 24-Qusai M. Coach: Jorvan Vieira (Brasil). KOREA (4-3-3) 1 Woon-jae; 16 Beom-seok, 3 Jin-kyu , 13 Chi-gon, 4 Dong-jin; 8 Doo-hyun, 17 Jung-woo, 20 Dae-ho;, 10 Chun-soo , 9 Jae-jin, 7 Sung-kuk Subs: 21-Yong-dae, 23-Sung-ryong, 2-Chong-gug, 6-Ho, 11-Keun-ho, 12-Dong-gook, 14-Sang-sik, 15-Chi-woo, 18-Sung-yong, 19-Ki-hun, 22-Min-soo, 27-Jang-eun. Coach: Pim Verbeek (Belanda). Betting Sugestion TG Over 2
Where can I get in-match statistics? Just logged in and saw the 0-0 HT score, was wondering if there have been any chances at all...

Where can I get in-match statistics? Just logged in and saw the 0-0 HT score' date=' was wondering if there have been any chances at all...[/quote'] I was watching the match. There are not much shot on goals in the 1st half I'm pretty sure. However, few players came close in the 1st half ( Over the bar but very close or wide but very close as well). In the second half, the Korean basically starting the match more lively with all cylinder firing however after the 70min mark, both team had considerable slowing down. In terms of possesion, the Korean were pretty much in the driving seat for the whole 90 min. I didn't bother to watch the ET though, so I really can't comment on anything there.

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Japan vs Saudi Arabia Saudi Arabia were lucky to come to this semifinal. Uzbekistan have hit the post five or more times in the quarterfinal and they looked to be the better team. However as we all know it, the best side is not always the winner in soccer. Nevertheless, when going forward the Saudi is quite dangerous themself. On the other hand, Japan were dominating the Socceroos in their quaterfinal match but lacked the clinical finishing to turn their dominance into goals that count. Akira Kaji, the right-sided defender of Japan is rumoured to be receiving some knock. However the latest news I hear was that he will feature today. Where as for Saudi, they will be in full strength today. Both team are well matched but I rate Japan to be a more solid team compared to Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabian defensive lineups also didn't perform consistenly and looked fragile at times. I think I will go for Japan -0.25 on the Asian Handicap and small stake on the TG Over since I believe both team can score and I dont think we will see any ET drama here. Probable Lineups ---------------------- JAPAN (3-1-4-2) 1-Kawaguchi; 21-Kaji, 22-Nakazawa, 3-Komano; 6-Abe; 7-Endo, 14-K. Nakamura, 10-S. Nakamura, 13-Suzuki; 12-Maki, 19-Takahara ARAB SAUDI (4-4-2) 1-Al Mosailem; 15-Al Bahri, 3-Osama, 19-Abdrabh, 7-K. Al Mousa; 30-A. Al Mousa, 14-Khariri, 16-Aziz, 18-Al Qahtani; 9-Malek, 20-Yasser Betting Sugestion Japan -0.25 TG Over 2.25

Looks like we agree' date=' let's be right about Japan and the overs today!:ok[/quote'] BOL :hope Mate 1 more goal till our TG Over cleared. Hopefully its Japan too :hope

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) I have Japan as well as the overs, but I can't tell you how happy the Saudis' goal made me...I was beginning to think all the games were going to go to penalties at 0-0...absolutely starved for something to happen, anything! And then Japan equalized immediately...let's hope they don't start kicking it around in their own half for 45 minutes.