AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29)

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Vietnam was attacking impressively while at the same time managed to shut down U.A.E. Rockman :ok nice pick there on Vietnam. Hopefully you can go all the way, all the best :hope. Anyway, guys did you notice that when you play AH so far in the Asian Cup, all team that eat ball ( +x.x ball ) always win. Oman +1.75 / +1.5, Vietnam +0.5/+0.75 and Thailand +0.25 / + 0.

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29)

Japan vs Qatar

Dzemaludin Musovic will meet his compatriot Ivica Osim in today's Asian Cup match in My Dinh National Stadium, Hanoi (Vietnam). The weather today has been forecasted to be in the region of low 30s celcius. The Japanese could really struggle to play in this kind of weather. They had just arrived to Vietnam last Wednesday so they really don't have much time to adapt to Vietnam humid and hot weather. Moreover, Japan preparation has been labelled rubbish by their coach Ivica due to only getting 1 week together to prepare the team. This is because most of Japan players for this tournament orignated from the J-League and they just start their break last week. Not only that, Ivica will miss the service of influential defender Tulio Tanaka from Urawa Reds, Yuichi Komano from Hiroshima, Hiroki Mizumoto from JEF United and Gamba Osaka's hitmen Ryuji Bando. With those list, Japan seems to look short on stock for defenders available. Since Tulio Tanaka, Komano and Mizumoto are Japanese defenders with Tulio Tanaka being the most important one. With Tanaka's absence, the burden of keeping Japan tight and close will fall on veteran defender Yuji Nakazawa from Yokohama F. Marinos. On the bright side, Japan will retain the service of free kick maestro, Shunsuke Nakamura, and this could be enough to provide the difference. Since that Asian Referees are typically stricter about physical contact compared to those like in EPL. So if Japan managed to get FK in Qatar's danger areas in the pitch, the match could be decided due to this. And as we all aware, Qatar is stronger physically and would most likely to use their asset against the Japanese. Moving on to the other side, Qatar has been in Vietnam for a month or so. They are coming to this tournament well prepared. History has not been so kind with them since from six AFC Asian Cup they features in, they have never advance beyond group stages except in 2000 when they get as far as quaterfinals. However, football in Qatar has been improving drastically in the last few years. Eventhough they have small population, but as a rich countries they have spent a lot on developing their local leagues and local talents. Sadly, they will come to this tournament without Ibrahim Kalfan, AFC player of the year, and they will also most likely to miss defender Abdulmajid Wesam. The good news however their Uruguyan-born ace striker Sebastian Soria will be fit for todays game. Other notable player will be former Manchester City winger Hussain Yasser. So technically, Qatar have a gifted teams that really can go a long way. It is really hard to pick a winner for this match. Japan with its depleted backline could be really exposed by the Al Ennabi attack lead by Soria. On the contrary, Japan have more depth in the middle of the park compared to Qatar and few moments of brilliance from them could just prove to be the difference today. My best guess for tonight game will be Over 2.5 Goals. We should see hopefully an exciting football in the first half. With possibly a less attractive one in the second half. Due to the possibility that the Japanese running out of steam and let Qatar do the show. Recommended Bet : PENDING

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) This article lists the confirmed national football squads for the 2007 AFC Asian Cup tournament jointly held in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam between July 7 and July 29, 2007. Before announcing their final squad, several teams named a provisional squad of 23 to 30 players, but each country's final squad of 23 players had to be submitted by June 16, 2007. Replacement of injured players was permitted until 24 hours before the team's first Asian Cup game. Players marked (c) were named as captain for their national squad. Number of caps counts until the start of the tournament, including all pre-tournament friendlies. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_AFC_Asian_Cup_squads

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) After some repeated thinking, I think I will side and keep my faith with Japan tonight. Qatar seems to be short in attack. I just heard that Soria is not actually 100% fit while Wasam will not be featureing. And as we all know Ibrahim Kalfan is not playing too. They should have quality replacement but I guess I'll keep my faith with Japan today. It is a VERY RISKY BET mind you, if you look at my explanation regarding Japanese team state. Anyway, my bet tonight will be : Japan -1 (AH) & Total Goals Over 2.5 Both 1/10 stake. So total stake = 2/10

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) For those who are not watching, Japan possesion are way higher than Qatar, I would say something like 57 - 43% roughly. I didn't have the accurate data myself. However, neither Japan nor Qatar really came close. Anyway as I type this, Japan 11111111 !!!! :nanaTakahara scored. Btw u can watch this in TVUPlayer and choose channel CCTV5 or Star Sports (Eng commentary)

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) FT 1 - 1 :wall:wall Japan looked to dominate the second half. Seems the game plan for Osim was to take it slow in the 1st half and let the heat cool down and upping their tempo in the 2nd half. Japan control the ball most of the time once again but more lively than the 1st half and then 1 good burst from the Qatar gave out a free kick and is taken nicely by Sebastian the Uruguayan born Qatar player.

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Today there are two games and both of them include the host teams.The big upset of vietnam has been the highlight of this tournament so far but in truth this tournament started with full of surprise result.Today many people would think logically the favourite teams should win.I am thinking the same but after some consideration i have decided to take both the host country.Thailand and vietnam had a good start i think this will spur indonesia and malaysia to do well.Indonesia maybe in slightly better position considering there will be 85,000 fans at the stadium.Malaysia i think is not that big of a challenge for china but how will the fan's turnout will be a factor.Malaysia national stadium by the way have a 100,000 capacity seat.I will take the hcp bets on both the home teams here. indonesia +1/2 @1.96 5/10 malaysia +1.25 @1.88 5/10

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Indonesia vs Bahrain hl1.jpg Indonesian coach, Ivan Kolev, is bitterly disappointed to come to the tournament without our best players Boaz Solossa (Attacking Mid). Hes a special talent for Indonesia and a rare one to have. So his absences would certainly weaken Indonesian attack with, Ellie Aiboy ,who were placed to hold his duty but fail miserably on few occassion. Other than that Indonesia will be at full strength. The player to watch from Indonesian team are probably Bambang Pamungkas. He has scored quite some goals in the friendlies recently. However, in the past he was not really reliable in Internatioanl cup games but seems Ivan believe that he is more mature now. As for Bahrain, they will also miss one of their key player Mohammed Salmeen, a key midfielder for them, for this match. The player to watch from Bahrain would be A’ala Hubail, he is one hungry hunter. He top scored previous AFC Asian Cup competition in China by 5 goals and is still dangerous. Bahrain surprised everyone last AFC Asian Cup 2004 in China by finishing 4th. As a results, a lot of their players move abroad to Middle Eastern leagues. So rest assured, they will be coming to this tournament as an improved individuals too. The Indonesian are usually able to play fast tempo football however their downside is their endurance. Once their endurances drop down, instead of fast tempo football usually it became high school football where the tempo is unorganized and have the tedency of leaking few goals. Indonesia also have a weakness for high cross since they are not the tallest team for sure in the group and Bahrain will look to exploit this. Luckily though, Bahrain is not known as a very physical side although are better at this department than the Indonesian. This will be a tought test for both teams who needs to win since the other 2 countries in the group are Saudi Arabia and South Korea and for them to get any chance to qualify, this is a must win game. Betting wise, this is a hard game to pick the winner. Bahrain no doubt is the better team on paper. Nevertheless, Indonesian soccer has improved a lot lately and are coming to this tournament well prepared with 4 friendlies and notably a win against Jamaica. While Bahrain only had 2 friendlies and interestingly they lose to Vietnam 5 - 3. So tonight my picks will lie with the host. Reasoning are simple, this is a must win game for them and probably the only game they have the highest chance to win. Also Indonesia is certainly able to score against Bahrain, they will line up in an aggressive 4-3-3 tonight and if they managed to keep up their stamina tonight after the preparation Kolev made for them, this game will be really for the taking for them. On top of that, home support won't be lacking with the 100,000 capacity Gelora Bung Karno Stadium expected to fill tonight. Probable line-ups : INDONESIA (4-3-3): 1-Jendri Pitoy (GK), 2-M. Ridwan, 5-Maman, 6-Charis, 4-Richardo (D) 9-Mahyadi, 11-Ponaryo, 15-Firman (M), 8-Elie, 20-Bambang, 13-Budi (F) Subs: 23-Markus H, 22-Supardi, 7-Eka, 17-Atep, 19-Arif, 16-Syamsul, 14-Ismed, 21-Harry Saputra, 3-Erol Iba. Coach: Ivan Kolev (Bulgaria) BAHRAIN (4-4-2): 1-Ali Al Thani (GK), 25-Faouzi Aaish, 2-Mohammed Hussain, 17-Hussain Baba, 14-Salman Isa (D), 10-Mohammed Salmeen, 29-Mohammed Hubail, 18-Hussain Salman, 15-Abdulla Omar (M), 9-Hussain Ali, 30-Ala'a Hubail(F) Subs: 21-Abdulrahman Abdulkarim, 28-Abbas Ahmed, 26-Jaycee John, 11-Ismail Abdullatif, 27-Mahmood Abdulrahman, 7-Mahmood Jalal, 12-Abdulla Baba Fatadi, 13-Talal Yusuf, 15-Abdullah Omar. Coach: Milan Macala (Rep. Ceska) Betting Pick: Indonesia +0.5 AH @ 1.95 CANBet [ 6/10 ]

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Malaysia vs China China coming to this tournament under a gigantic pressure. Anything less than Semi-Final appearance could cost Zhu Guanghu, Chinese national team coach, his job. Equipped with a lot of quality players and experiences, Chinese national team really can go all the way here in the competition. Players like Sun Jihai (Manchester City), Dong FanZhuo(MU), Zheng Zhi(ex. Charlton), Li Tie(Sheffield United) and Shao Jiayi(Energie Cottbus) will be there for China. While Malaysian side tonight will all be assembled from the Malaysian soccer league. Arguably, they can be said as the weakest team out of the 4 host nation. Eventhough they have 100,000 capacity stadium, it is expected by many people that only around 30,000 supports will turn up to this match. Considering all factors above, I think China should win this tonight. However as well aware, that in Asian Cup it is very hard to write home team off. No doubt, Malaysian players will give it their all and if they lose they want to lose with pride not as a punching sandbag for Chinese side. However due to China recent forms, I'm not really convinced with them too much yet. Weather might also be a factor for the Chinese. I still believed the Chinese will win but I don't dare to go any higher than 3/10 stake for this match. Betting Pick: China -1.25 @ 2.00 CANBet [ 3/10 ] Probable Line-Ups : MALAYSIA (4-4-2) 1-Azizon; 2-Hamzani, 4-Nazrul, 6-Thiru, 3-Fauzie; 10-Hardi, 12-Shukor, 9-Eddy, 11-Nor Farhan; 8-Safee, 13-Mahayuddin Subs: 21-Suffian, 7-Kaironnisam, 17-Nantha, 19-Talib, 20-Omar, 5-Zamani, 15-Shahrul, 16-A. F. Saari, 18-M. F. Saari, 22-Ivan, 23-Aidil, 14-Akmal. Coach: Norizan Bakar. CINA (4-1-3-2) 1-Li Leilei; 7-Sun Jihai, 4-Zhung Y., 5-Li Weifeng, 3-Sun Xiang; 8-Li Tie; 6-Shao Jiayi, 10-Zheng Zhi, 18-Zhou Haibin; 9-Han Peng, 11-Dong Fangzhou Subs: 22-Yang Jun, 2-Du Wei, 13-Zhang Shuai, 16-Ji Mingyi, 23-Cao Yang, 15-Wang Dong, 19-Zheng Bin, 20-Mao Jianqing, 14-Zhu Ting, 17-Qu Bo, 21-Wang Pen. Coach: Zhu Guanghu.

Today there are two games and both of them include the host teams.The big upset of vietnam has been the highlight of this tournament so far but in truth this tournament started with full of surprise result.Today many people would think logically the favourite teams should win.I am thinking the same but after some consideration i have decided to take both the host country.Thailand and vietnam had a good start i think this will spur indonesia and malaysia to do well.Indonesia maybe in slightly better position considering there will be 85,000 fans at the stadium.Malaysia i think is not that big of a challenge for china but how will the fan's turnout will be a factor.Malaysia national stadium by the way have a 100,000 capacity seat.I will take the hcp bets on both the home teams here. indonesia +1/2 @1.96 5/10 malaysia +1.25 @1.88 5/10
HT 1x 5/10:cheers

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Iran vs Uzbekistan Iranian_National_Team.jpg Iran will be coming to this match with high expectations to have a good shot at the cup. No doubt with the lineups they possessed, they are capable to do this. Iran probable starting XI : Rodbarian (Pas/IRN);Zandi (Apolon Limassol/CYP), Hosseini,(Sapiba/IRN), Rezaei (Livorno/ITA), Kaebi (Leicester City/ENG);Mahdavikia (Eintracht Frankfurt/GER), Teymourian (Bolton/ENG), Nekounam (Osasuna/ESP), Karimi (Bayern Munich/GER); Hashemian (Hannover 96/GER), Enayati (Al Emarat/UAE) They have a lot of talents who played their trademark in Europe Top Leagues. However, it is remain to be seen how Amir Ghalenoei, Iranian coach, will perform internationally. Will he be good enough to exploit all his players talent correctly or not ? Because individual doesn't make a team. They need to be organized and well managed. On the other hand, their opponent Uzbekistan is not one that can be taken lightly. Eventhough they don't really produce a lot of famous players but they tend to do quite well in Asia. Unfortunately for them, they will be coming to this match without few of their core players. One of them is Maksim Shatskikh (Dynamo Kiev, 2 times Uraine League top scorer) and he will be a huge loss upfront. While senior defenders Andrea Fedorov (Rubin Kazan/RUS, 62 Caps) and Asoro Aliqulov (Pakhtakor/UZB, 44 Caps) will be missing too. With those missing, the Uzbek starting XI might look like this : Ignatiy Nestorov (Pakhtakor/UZB); Vitaly Denisov (Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk/UKR), Aleksey Nikolaev (Aktobe/KAZ), Hayrullo Karimov (Mashal/UZB), Islom Inomov (Pakhtakor/UZB); Marat Bikmoev (Rubin Kazan/RUS), Server Djeparov (Pakhtakor/UZB), Temur Kopadze (Pakhtakor/UZB), Aziz Ibragimov (Slovan Bratislava/SLK); Ulugbek Bakayev (Tobol/KAZ), Aleksandr Geynrikh (Pakhtakor/UZB) No doubt Iran is the sole favourites to win this match. They also have a decent preparation in their hand. Belting Jamaica 8 - 1 and before that beating Ghana 4-2 leading to the Asian Cup 2007. On the other side, Uzbekistan young squad also have 2 very meaningful friendlies for them against the powerful South Korean which they lost 2 - 1 and a win against Iraq 2 - 0. As we can see from friendlies results, Uzbekistan won't a walk in the park for Iran. Betting wise, I dont think this is a game that I should touch but I would say Iran to win this clash. Betting Pick: PENDING

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Korea Republic vs. Saudia Arabia KP/SA o2.5 gls @ 2.10 (TAB) Basing this bet on these teams recent performance in tournaments (WC, AC) and it's evident such scores as 1-0, 1-1 are not in abundance. Both teams will consider themselves capable of winning the tournament and that may influence the score below 2.5 but I doubt it. Long story short, the defence of both teams are easily penetrable and to get 3 goals here wouldn't be a tough ask and at 2.10 it shouldn't be missed IMO. Most likely, KP will win 2-1. If not, it will end a draw most probably at 1-1. GL, Anderson.

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) he final 11 have been released. I'll post the probable lineups below. I can see it being either a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 ---------------Roodbarian ---Kaabi-----Hosseini-----Rezaie-----Zandi Mahdavikia---Teymourian--Nekounam---Karimi -----------Hashemian-----Enayati OR ------------------Roodbarian Kaabi--------Hosseini--------Rezaie-------Zandi --------------------Nekounam ---------Teymourian-------------Karimi Mahdavikia------------Hashemian------Enayati If Madanchi gets subbed out for Enayati here is a possibility, but a doubtful one: -------------------Roodbarian Kaabi--------Hosseini------Rezaie-----Zandi -----------Teymourian----Nekounam Mahdavikia----------Karimi-------------Madanchi --------------------Hashemian Uzbekistan will be a tough team to defeat and I think they will come out of the group second best. They can apparently score from long-range shots and are good in the counter-attack. They are also physically tough. My only suspicion would be that Shatskikh's absence will be a very big problem for the Uzbeks, as I am wondering if such a team would come to depend on that kind of star. However, they can still score goals without him. China will be Uzbekistan's most important game but the absence of Shatskikh is unfortunate for them in this game as well. Iran are the favorites to win this match. I think we are fielding a good team. In Nekounam and Andranik we have a combination of energy and experience, and t will be interesting to see the young Hosseini and Kaabi in the back. They bring a combination of Hosseini's strong defensive work (for his age) and Kaabi's speed. If Madanchi can come in for Enayati, it will be interesting for us to gauge his improvement over the past year as his youth and speed make him a vital subject of attention.I think Iran is going into this with the proper preparation and attitude, so in my book Uzbekistan is going to have to field a confident side and demonstrate some technical passing. Iran is very good in ball recovery. They are also going to need to position themselves well for the counter-attack and not panic when a name player like Ali Karimi is making a run. Uzbekistan should be prepared to press Iran at the beginning as the Iranians usually start slow and gauge the opponent. If Uzbekistan can shake Iran up at the start and prevent our attacking players from developing a strong rythym and coordination with the defensive players things should look good for them.

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Iran - Uzbekistan This will be a hot match with both sides not that friendly vs each. As both sides have players to score and as i see Iran a bit better in general but also weaker in defense, i like the goal bet. Over 2.5 is available with odds at 1.95-2.10. I'm on it @2.00 :ok

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) South Korea vs Saudi Arabia The 'Taeguk Warrior' will come to this match without their three biggest star in Park Ji-Sung, Seol Ki-Hyeon and Lee Yong-Pyo. Not only that, their influential captain Kim Nam-Il will be missing due to injury too. So technically the Korean are not at full strength. On the brighter side, they still have players like Lee Chun-soo and Lee Dong-gook who can make the differences for them. Pim Verbeek, South Korean coach, also made a decent preparation for the teams with getting friendlies against Uzbekistan, Iraq and Netherland. While the Green Falcons is condition is not much better too. They will be without Hamad Al Montashari and Mohammed Al Shalhoub services for this match. Montashari is a solid defender while Shalhoub, known as Baby Maradona in the middle east, is one of the Saudi's playmaker. This will be one of the best opening rounds clash in the Asian Cup in my oppinion. But team who are regulars at the world cup events will clash today. Historically, Saudi have the edge over South Korean. They have met twice and Saudi Arabia won both match. Saudi and the Korean looked to be evenly matched and it is surely hard to pick a winner out of the two. But considering Korean missings, I think Saudi can take this game or at least get a draw. Probable Lineups: KORSEL (4-3-3): 1-Lee Woon-jae; 4-Kim Dong-jin, 13-Kim Chi-gon, 3-Kim Jin-kyu, 2-Song Chong-guk; 8-Kim Doo-hyun, 17-Kim Jung-woo, 20-Son Dae-hoo; 19-Yeom Ki-hun, 12-Lee Dong-gook, 10-Lee Chun-soo Subs: 21-Kim Yong-dae, 14-Kim Sang-sik, 15-Kim Chi-woo, 16-Oh Beom-seok, 22-Kang Min-soo, 6-Lee Ho, 24-Baek Ji-hoon, 9-Cho Jae-jin, 11-Lee Keun-ho, 18-Woo Sung-yong, 19-Yeom Ki-hun Coach: Pim Verbeek ARAB SAUDI (4-4-2): 1-Yaser Al Mosailem; 2-Ibrahim Hazzazi, 3-Osama Hawsawi, 5-Majed Al Amri, 25-Redha Tukar; 16-Khaled Aziz, 14-Saud Khariri, 6-Omar Al Ghamdi, 30-Ahmed Al Mousa; 9-Malek Maaz, 20-Yasser Al Qahtani Subs: 22-Waleed Abdullah, 18-Abdulrahman Al Qahtani, 26-Abdullah Shuhail, 17-Taiseer Al Jassam, 30-Ahmed Al Mousa, 23-Nassir Al Shamrani, 29-Yousef Al Salem Coach: Hélio dos Anjos Betting Pick: PENDING

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Iran vs Uzbekistan With all the missing that the Uzbek have and the quality that Iran possesed I can't help myself to place a wager on Iran - 1AH. I am only playing this with small stake because Asian Cup have a lot of surprises so far. Plus, I don't really have much knowledge about Uzbekistan soccer. I just know they are definetely not a pushover but all factors really points to Iran to be the better team and should win it today. Betting Pick: Iran -1 @ 1.93 CANBet [ 3/10 ]

SportFootball (Asia)
EventSouth Korea-S.Arabia
SelectionS. Korea to win
Strength10/10
Date11/07/2007
Bookmaker/PriceSportingBet @ 2.10 (Back)
ReasoningSouth Korea finished its serie of control matches before this cup very convincable and you can be sure that they will show this type of play at this match.Although J.S Park, Seul, Pew Lee and Kim are out, their team is still very good.S. Arabia leave the tittulars Hamad Montashari and Mohammed Shalhub at home, but maybe this was mistake.I think S. Korea is one of the main pretendents for the cup, and will win this match.

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Great bets yesterday 888:clap Iran -1 looks safe enough now as they are heading to injury time now. Korea and saudi is a very hard game and it should be the match of the tournament as until now.korea with 4 big players missing and this will be a setback surely.saudi meanwhile will be missing shalhoub who is a good player.I have my bets on korea,iran and saudi as the champion of this tournament early and still have lots of confidents in these 3 teams.I will take korea here as the jinx has to be rboken someday and this would be a perfect stage for them to end the 18years losing streak with saudi.I will take the 0.25 hcp as if there was a draw then i will get back half stakes. korea [email protected] 6/10 come on red devils of asia:hope

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) South Korea vs Saudi Arabia I think I will go with my initial analysis for this match. I see this as a drawn match but give the edge to win for the Saudis. So I will stick with it and take Saudi Arabia on low stake. Because definetely this match is everyone games. Betting Pick: Saudi Arabia +0.25 @ 2 Pinnacle [ 3/10 ]

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Korea - Saudi Arabia Saudi Arabia is not a tustable team. Korea are also hard to trust with the main players missing. In this case, all bets look hard as this is also a group opener for both teams. I don't see a match worth watching. Could accept a correct score 0-0 bet but all bets are still very risky and although is like the 0-0, i can not even advice the under 2.5 bet. That's the reason i won't touch this match.

Great bets yesterday 888:clap Iran -1 looks safe enough now as they are heading to injury time now.
Thx :) Damn, Saudi should have buried Korea on the last minute :wall:wall:wall. Overall, was a boring game in the 1st half like most other AFC Asian Cup matches. Two interesting games coming tomorrow. Two hosts nation will play again. I'm curious to see whether both Thailand and Vietnam first round performances was only one off thing or will they keep it up. Especially Vietnam, they were superb against UAE.