AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29)

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Thailand vs Oman The White Elephant will host Oman in an important clash in Group A of the Asian Cup. The Thais will face the Socceroos next match and it will be a hell of a battle for them. Hence, make this clash against Oman of a great importance. They would really need a win here against Oman basically to advance their spot for the next stage. Same situation for Oman too, Thailand frankly speaking are their easiest opponent in their group. So a win would do Gabriel Calderon, Oman's coach, a lot of favours. Iraq next game would be guaranteed to be a tough and hard one. With Australia expected to win tomorrow, Iraq would most likely go all out on Oman on their next clash in order to advance to the next stage. Considering this in mind, Oman know there is no easy way out and they have to fight for every single point possible. Analysing from previous game played, it looked that Oman played a fantastic football against the Socceroos. They were solid, strong and should have gone away with the 3 points. However, thanks to superb display from Mark Schwarzer and late goal from Tim Cahill saved their blush. On the other hand, Thailand were quite impressive at times against Iraq but overall the Iraqis was all over the place against them. However, a big thumb up for them to be able to hold Iran for the rest of the match and take a point out of it. Looking at both team performances from last match, I would easily say that Oman should overcome the White Elephant easily today. They have played some superb football out of expectation and really looked to impress at this Asian Cup tournament. However, we can't underestimate Thailand's battling spirit also in this match. Home advantage are clearly in Thailand's possession. Moreover, H2H between the twos favouring the host heavily with 3 past meetings in Thailand all resulted in Thailand win. Nevertheless, Oman has also managed to beat Thailand previously by 2 - 0 at the last Asian Cup tournament in China. In conclusion, todays game will be very open for both side. It is once again a hard game to bet on like most AFC Asian Cup matches so far. A draw would not really suit both team at this condition. We could expect an all out fighting spirit from both team. Over 2.25 goals could be a reasonable choice in this game considering both team desire to win. However, as we all have seen most Asian cup matches that starts at this time always resulted in teams playing conservatively in the first half to conserve energy. While increasing their tempo in the second half. So again another dilemma here. But as of know, my thought is to take Oman on -0.25 with medium stakes. However I think it good to be prudent and I will put more thought into it before committing to a bet myself. Betting Pick: Pending

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Thailand at 2.30 (AHC - 0) from Betway. Thailand vs Oman All the team of the Group drew the first match, so nothing has changed than the start, excepted that the qualify question will be decided in the last 2 matches to be played. Thailand is surely the "underdog" team in this heat, but they will start with home factor (they are one of the co-host of the competition) and the boost of the crowd is real an essential factor here, more they used to play at these humidity conditions, while the opponents have completely different weather state, to end the hosts will have less technical choice than Oman, but strikers able to play with fast combinations in attack line and that should create some troubles to the back line of Oman. Oman wasted precious chance to beat Australia in the first day: they leaded for al ong time the match till the last breath when Cahill equalized the result. To say too that Australia was been far to play impressive game despite the many experienced footballers, but stopped in slow match and in clear trouble under fit condition. This should be the match to play "at death" for Thailand to obtain the qualify, cause they will be waited from Australia in the last day and the AH (0) seems a condition acceptable to take it.

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Vietnam +0.25 AH at 2.15 with Bet365. Vietnam vs Qatar Vietnam reached a comfortable win over EAU (by 2-0) at the debut and they are playing in front of their fanatic crowd: they started as clear "underdog NT" of the Group, but with already 3 points they have big chances now to progress through. Qatar stopped japan on draw result (by 1-1) thanks to a late goal, but I have not had good impression from them, depsite they played in fornt of one of the biggest asian NT. Vietnam will start with full squad again, while Qatar will miss Hussain Yaser and Seyd Bechir announced to replace Quintana in upfront line. Vietnam has high morale state and to play at the National Stadium will be a strong factor to be valued. They need to take 1 point from this match and they have IMO all the chances to stop Qatar today.

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Oman the pick tonight. They played very well against the Aussies in the first round, unlucky not to win it. I think Thailand lost 3 nil to Aussies a couple of weeks ago and that was with a side no where near as strong as the team they fielded against Oman. Oman at 2.10 is very good value IMO As for the Vietnam - Qatar encounter. I have not seen either play recently so cannot make a definitive stance on the outcome. Believe the game will be short of goals though. Total goals under 2.5 at 1.80 Good Luck all

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) To be played Friday 13th: Japan -1.25 (Canbet at 1.93). Japan vs EAU After the disappointed debut (draw against Qatar by 1-1), Japan needs only to win, to have a safety belt for final qualify to the next phase, before to face the hosts of Vietnam in the last round. Japan rested some key players for this competition, but their general level is anyway very high just to fight to win the Asian Cup; they were been a litle unlucky in the first match, cause they missed clear chances to close the match, before to suffer the draw late goal. United Arab Emirates lost badly against Vietnam, showing to miss of personality in crucial moments of the match and they ended the game very tired for ambiental conditions, so different from their attitudes.

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Thailand vs Oman After some careful thinking, I think I will go with my initial analysis. Oman will do the job for me today hopefully. Betting Pick: Oman -0.25 @ 2.08 CANBet [ 6/10 ]

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Vietnam vs Qatar Public supports are expected to amass in My Dinh National Stadium when Vietnam hosts Qatar today. After their sublime display against UAE, the Vietnam faithfuls are believing that they can go a long way in this Asian Cup tournament. Looking at their first performance against UAE, indeed I will have to agree with them. However the qustion is, can they be consistent and keep performing like that ? On the other side, Qatar today will miss their influential forward Hussain Yasser after collecting a red card against Japan last match. This is a huge blow no doubt. Last time against Japan, Qatar were not that bad. Eventhough the Japanese dominate them for a while in the 2nd half, but they are also having a good times for a while too and showing that they have potential. It is a hard call, but I think Qatar should get the better out of Vietnam today. Vietnam players average height is around 170 centimetres (5ft 5ins) against 182 centimetres (5ft 9ins) for Qatar. That is quite a lot of differences, and Vietnam should struggle today. If Qatar can get their high crosses rights and utilise their obvious physical advantage over the minnows, they should be able to obtain some points here. Playing in the later time in the Asian Cup will also be another advantage for Qatar. Since the weather is cooler and they can play with fast tempo from the start. On the other hand, if it starts earlier this could benefit Vietnam since all the players are used to play in that weather already. My pick today would be TG Over 2.25 Goals and Qatar -0.25 on the AH. I think this match will have few goals in it. Qatar is now playing against a team that is less coordinated compared to the Japanese. However, without question the Vietnamese player will play with 101% commitment and with passion unlike the Japanese. Meanwhile, Vietnam is also dangerous up front, they can attack too. In the end, I don’t think any teams will settle for a lose, minimum would be a draw. And in this game I can see at least 2 goals with a score line of 1-1. So I predicted that if one to concede the other one will chase their deficit and might also leave some hole behind them. Vietnam face Japan next game, so they would definitely be better off chasing at least a point for this game. Betting Picks: Qatar -0.25 AH @ 1.86 Betfair [ 5/10 ] TG Over 2.25 Goals @ 1.93 Pinnacle [ 5/10 ]

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) FT 2-0 :ok I think climatic conditions will make the differential in this first phase. G.L.

Thailand at 2.30 (AHC - 0) from Betway. Thailand vs Oman All the team of the Group drew the first match, so nothing has changed than the start, excepted that the qualify question will be decided in the last 2 matches to be played. Thailand is surely the "underdog" team in this heat, but they will start with home factor (they are one of the co-host of the competition) and the boost of the crowd is real an essential factor here, more they used to play at these humidity conditions, while the opponents have completely different weather state, to end the hosts will have less technical choice than Oman, but strikers able to play with fast combinations in attack line and that should create some troubles to the back line of Oman. Oman wasted precious chance to beat Australia in the first day: they leaded for al ong time the match till the last breath when Cahill equalized the result. To say too that Australia was been far to play impressive game despite the many experienced footballers, but stopped in slow match and in clear trouble under fit condition. This should be the match to play "at death" for Thailand to obtain the qualify, cause they will be waited from Australia in the last day and the AH (0) seems a condition acceptable to take it.

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) FT 1-1 ;) No bad even the second call over the co-host NT.

Vietnam +0.25 AH at 2.15 with Bet365. Vietnam vs Qatar Vietnam reached a comfortable win over EAU (by 2-0) at the debut and they are playing in front of their fanatic crowd: they started as clear "underdog NT" of the Group, but with already 3 points they have big chances now to progress through. Qatar stopped japan on draw result (by 1-1) thanks to a late goal, but I have not had good impression from them, depsite they played in fornt of one of the biggest asian NT. Vietnam will start with full squad again, while Qatar will miss Hussain Yaser and Seyd Bechir announced to replace Quintana in upfront line. Vietnam has high morale state and to play at the National Stadium will be a strong factor to be valued. They need to take 1 point from this match and they have IMO all the chances to stop Qatar today.

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Well deserved win by Thailand imo :clap:clap:clap. Oman didnt look as dangerous as they were against the socceroos. Didn't watch the full thing but I watched from 60 minutes onwards and I have to say the Thais really deserves it. However, I'm absolutely gutted how many times the post denied both my qatar and over bets :wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall :@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@. More importantly denied Qatar a well deserved win after their huge efforts in the 2nd half. That stupid goalkeeper also allowed the most lousiest goal ever imo.

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) If Australia? If Australia WIN Vs. Iraq: Aus Vs. Thai (If Aus Wins or Draws they will go through) Iraq Vs. Oman (Dont matter, If we win or draw.., if we lose then it'll go on Goal Difference..) If Australia DRAW vs. Iraq: Aus Vs. Thai (MUST WIN) Iraq Vs. Oman (If Iraq win, & Aus draw, they go through BUT if Aus win, and Iraq win, it goes on Goal Difference..) If Australia LOSE vs. Iraq: Aus Vs. Thai (Must win & Hope Iraq Lose) Iraq Vs. Oman (If Iraq Wins or Draws they wil go through) All is upon the shoulders of Arnold & the Socceroos! Thoughts?

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Demma, also consider the situation with Japan vs UAE tomorrow. I expect Japan to win tomorrow which means both Japan and Viets are tied at 4 points, now then to make things interesting i think if things go to plan the Japanese and Viets will play out the draw to gain 5 points and both advance. Only way that screws up is if Qatar manages to destroy UAE, but i feel we may see a nice set up after tomorrow's matches.

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Tim Cahill might start in this match instead of being a sub again. Kisnorbo might be replaced my Beauchamp. However I would not dare to touch Socceroos as a banker bet with very high stakes. This is a must win game for Iraqis as well. And another factor to remember is that Australia once again playing the game in earlier hours which mean that it is as hot as last time against Oman. We can see that the Socceroos were struggling with the weather and not played to their maximum potential. Overtime their bodies will adapt to the weather but the question is in 5 days time can they adapt already ? Iraqis is no pushover as well. If they can maintain their intensity like what they did to Thailand in the 1st half, shock results could be in the table today.

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Australia vs Iraq Australia has performed way below expectations against Oman on their first game. Today they are expecting a win and no less. A draw would not be so bad since their next opponent is Thailand. But as we all know it, host nation teams have play it tough so far and it is a far cry from being easy on beating them at their own turf. Moreover, if Australia managed to bury Iraq now, they might rest few of their key players on next match against Thailand where a draw is more than enough. However, Graham Arnold is under tremendous pressure from the public now and he really needed a win today to settle him and his team nerves down. Michael Beauchamp is expected to take Pattrick Kisnorbo spot from last match against Oman. News also have it that Acrhie Thompson, Melbourne Victory FC prolific striker, could feature from the start today but I'm not sure how accurate is this. On top of that, few senior regulars might also be rested to give fresher players the chance to step it up in this match. Despite public expectation for the Socceroos to beat them, the Iraqis can be guaranteed won't make it easy. Since they are level in terms of point, so a win would really make it clearer for both team about who will qualify. In their wartorn country, preparation is not optimal since they don't really have solid base to train together. However they will not be playing under pressure today, because they are not the team that is expected to win nor the team that is threatened with physical punishment if they fail to win like under Saddam's reign. So this could be an advantage in itself, since they can play their football and enjoy it. Weather will also favour them, since hot weather should not be a new thing for them. While as for the Socceroos, it is evident that they didn't reach their potential strength last time around against Oman because of it. Betting Wise, it is a very hard match to bet on. The AH at -1.25 odds doesn't looked like value to me and I will be happy to skip it. Over 2.5 goals might be a good bet since Australian defence has not been up to par recently and Iraq have dangerous danger man too at their disposal. Nevertheless, this game will start early in Bangkok and the weather would be hot. So I'm not sure if both team will go to this match gung-ho style looking very hard for goals in the 1st period just like most teams do so far in the Asian Cup. In conclusion, I can't find anything valuable yet, or might wait a bit later when I have more information before commiting to a bet. Probable Lineups: --------------------------- AUSTRALIA (4-4-2) 1 Schwarzer; 7 Emerton, 2 Neill, 6 Beauchamp, 8 Wilkshire; 14 Holman, 5 Culina, 13 Grella, 10 Kewell; 11 Thompson, 9 Viduka Subs: 12-Jones, 18-Petkovic, 3-Kisnorbo, 4-Cahill, 15-Aloisi, 16-Thwaite, 17-Valeri, 19-Carle, 20-Carney, 21-Sterjovski, 22-Milligan, 23-Bresciano. Coach: Graham Arnold. IRAQ (4-3-3) 22 Noor S.; 15 Ali A., 14 Haider A., 2 Jasim M., 3 Basem A.; 5 Nashat A., 6 Salih S., 19 Haitham K.; 18 Mahdi K., 10 Younis M., 11 Hawar M. Subs: 1-Ahmed A., 23-Mohammed K, 4-Khaldoon I, 7-Ali A, 8-Ahmed A. 9-Mohammad N. 12-Haieder A. 13-Karrar J. 16-Ahmed M., 17-Luay S., 20-Nabeel A. 24-Qusai M. Coach: Jorvan Vieira

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29)

I already have Australia -1.25 @ 1.92' date=' i think 2nd set of games will see teams who were "Expected" to fly through this tourney, wake up.[/quote'] Both teams with draw in their first matches. Iraq with 1-1 against the home team Thailand. It was a hard match for Iraq, who is going to face a much harder team today when they face a Australian team who needs to win! Australia disappointed in the first match against little Oman, and draw; 1-1 with a fully fit team. Thailand knocked Oman 2-0 yesterday, and stands with four points in a group where only the two best teams qualify to the next round! So, it seems that the looser of this match is hard struggling! Australia! Piks:Irak-Australie 1x=2.23:cheers

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Australia v Iraq Rajamangala National Stadium, Bangkok, Friday July 13, 20:20 AEST H2H: Australia 1, Iraq 0 Australia performed poorly in the opening group game against Oman and were lucky to get away with a 1-1 draw, thanks to Schwarzer's 3 great saves and Tim Cahill's injury-time equaliser. Iraq also drew its opening group game 1-1 with hosts Thailand falling behind due to a dubious penalty early in the game before equalising and taking control of the first half. After half-time they didn't play so well and were lucky to escape with a point. The Aussies seemed listless and looked to be trying to save energy, especially early in the game when they were caught out by Oman taking the lead. The backline was average at best and Kisnorbo and Neill looked fairly shaky. Iraq tired in the heat and humidity in its opening match against Thailand and its backline also looked in trouble as the Thais pumped them in the second half. AUSTRALIA: Tim Cahill did what he does best, saving the Socceroos in the opening game with his late equaliser, just as he did when also coming off the bench to score two goals to beat Japan in the opening World Cup game last year. It was his first game for more than three months and that makes Cahill's efforts all the more commendable, and Cahill should hopefully start the game in this match. Australia needs more out of Mark Viduka at International level. Viduka never seems to fire for Australia and he needs to step up to the plate tonight. IRAQ: Iraq's gun forward Younis Mahmoud the equaliser in the opening game against Thailand and whenever he was in possession he appeared dangerous and was the quality player of this team. Mahmoud is player of much ability but he the gloss comes off when he cracks the sads when he does not get the ball where he likes it, as evidenced in the opening game. Australia must win this game or be forced to get through on lady luck. Iraq is a tough side with a power forward and they will like their chances here tonight. Cahill and Kewell will be better for the opening game and should privide much needed offensive play. It is the defnce of Australia that could be our biggest problem and iraq could quite easily score wwith the likes of Mahmoud up front. I am thinking Australia to win by 2 goals to 1 but I couldn't back them after their effort the other night.

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Japan vs UAE Ivica Osim was absolutely mad at his team last week after failing to kill the game off against Qatar. His interpreter was even crying when he had to heard Ivica's furious rant about the Japanese national team. Key defender Komano will be back for this clash and Kisho Yano set to partner Takahara up front. On the other hand, UAE must win this game in order to have any chance of qualifying. Because their next opponent will be Qatar and they will be desperate to win also. So 1 point will not be enough for sure for Bruno Metsu's boys to advance to the next stage. UAE has been poor against Vietnam. But they actually have few quality players in their squad. So I expected UAE to lift their game today and give Japan a serious test. With Japan and UAE needing a win, this match could go over 2.5 goals. Since a draw is not a good option and I don't think Japanese players will be slacking around like last time. They know their coach was furious and if they decided to play around with him again, they might say goodbye to their chances in playing for Japan again. Especially those J-League based players since there are a lot of replacement with similar qualities bar a few Japanese European players. The game is played late at night also which should help this match to starts in a high tempo for both teams. Very hard to pick a winner and Asian handicap didn't looked too attractive too. Eventhough Asian Cup so far has been an under bettor paradise, I will still have faith with it. Betting Pick : Over 2.5 Goals @ [ 3/10 ]

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Australia down 0-1 at half-time and in danger of embarrassing themselves in the Asian Cup. They wanted to play in a higher standard of competition and are not up to it at the moment. They need to lift dramattically or face going out in the Group stage. Careful what you wish for you just might get it :dude

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) An offensive tactical switch by Australia for the last 20 minutes. Guess they will make a big pressure. Another goal, maybe goals look to be scored, but from which side is a question mark. Those that have a chance to bet on an OVER 3.5 bet should try it. I'm on it now @1.81 :ok

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) 86m Australia 1 - 3 Iraq Absolutely poor defending by Australia allows two more goals. Lucas Niell don't know what you were thinking to allow Iraq to get their third goal. Poor display by Australia and it may be time to get some A League talent into the Australian side because some of the players we have now do not bleed enough.