NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th)

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th)

Jumbo you could just take them on the line -11 or so 4 1.8-1.9... really a much safer bet IMO although broncos winning by 16+ woulnt suprise me much... :ok
I've grabbed them at -8.0 @ $2 from Pinnacle already mate,but I know that Crouch is a mad keen Broncos supportter,so I though i'd get his opinion,nice call there as well Mak Daddy:ok

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Yeah Jumbo, honestly last week the only thing I was looking forward to was Watmough scoring a try to win my fantasy nrl matches and win my bet. This week things just seem a lot brighter, the news of Gidley and Buderus out a real boost.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Crouch bro,i'm having a hard time getting into VRL,it's not letting me in untill after the weekend is finished,it's working out alright as i'm at the top of my league and have 5 wins from 5 matches,but it's frustrating not getting in,is this happening to you?? I think i'm winning because of people not bothering ,rather than greatness on my part.LOL

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Yeah, it only ever updates on a Monday so unless you check the stat pages you don't know how things are going. I am in a private comp with a bunch of friends and we take it relatively seriously as bragging rights are at stake, so it's pretty easy for me to get into it.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Afternoon guys, not a bad start last night, about break even, thanks to El Masri and his try. Bad luck to all those on the Dogs, but well done to Jumbo and CP (think you were on it mate) with the Raiders 13+. Tonight's first game should be a cracker. Two very good sides, but I will be going against Jumbo (probably the curse of death) tonight and taking the Storm. I think they are the best team in the comp and that will show tonight. They are currently 2.14 on betfair, which I am on at. Also think the Sharks will comfortably beat the Roosters and the Titans will beat the Rabbitohs. Haven't worked out my bets yet though. Good Luck all for the Eagles v Storm match.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) I'm already on Manly at $1.80 and $1.85. I really fancy them tonight and will be hoping they come up a winner. I've also taken 2 other very small side bets: Brett Stewart Last Try @ $11 HT/FT Storm/Manly @ $7.25 Stewart I think had 5 last tries last year and I think he can sniff a try late on with a tired Storm team who'll hopefully be battered into submission by Watmough and co. Gl all

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Good Luck Guys :ok You guys give me a bit to much credit,luck is a hard taskmaster,we all get it,we all lose it,you guys are very good as well and thats to all of you,even the new guys. Give yourselves some credit.And keep posting.;)

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) guess wat boyz... what a suprise i took them @ -2 and they are winning 13-12... my days are getting worse and worse really it seems like im getting beat by an inch every time... not a good feeling tho i am sure you all understand....:ok Great work for those on 1-12....:ok

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Well done to those on Manly. Couldn't have been much closer, after watching the game, I think if it had not been for the "Brookvale" advantage, Melbourne would have come out victors. But enough excuses.:sad Also, have taken Sharks -12.5 @ 2.06. Gl all.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) At least the main bet came in,so happy,but unhappy about the other two,but still 3 more to go and we should bounce back well tomorrow,two matches 13-12,who would of bet on that!!!! See you all tomorrow. Well done to all the winners.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Not a good weekend overall for me,I don't bet on all the games but just like to give an opinion for those who may be intrested,I've hit two of my 3 main bets for the weekend,but stll a very bad effort really overall,onto today..... Panthers vs Tigers Amasingly enough I quite fancy the Panthers today against the Tigers. The Tigers are playing the same brand of League that won this club the title,they are getting numbers in the tackle to slow the ball down and they are getting quick play the balls for themselves and hitting the middle of the ruck on the angle,an old ploy but a good one,it's an easy 7 to 10 meters every play and it keeps the defence going backwards.The Tigers lack size but make up for it with commitment in their play,and they are playing very well. The Panthers are almost impossible to pick at the moment,one week they are crap,the next they look like crap but win,maybe their crap form flows onto the other side,how a team with as much talent as the Panthers can keep losing is just beyond me.However the Panthers do have a great deal of Talent and will start to win a few,they are fresh off the bye and a last start win,their performances at home apart from the Bulldogs game have been pathetic,but I have hope for them today. The Tigers bogey taem of sorts is the Panthers,they have lost 9 of their last 11 against them and at Penrith have lost their last 4.The Tigers are playing a great to watch brand of League,but the Panthers also can play that style of play,I would rate this Panthers pack as in the top 6 in the comp,but they are just not finding their feet in matches,I think they may just find it today.The Tigers have lapses in their games and allow the other side back in with this Panthers outfit that could cause worries as if they get a sniff they become very up beat and hard to stop,so.... Panthers + 2.0 Panthers by 12 or less. As for the Broncos game,i'm on them to cover the 12 on offer and it is another main bet for the weekend,but in truth,I can't be bothered writing a preview for it,but I am on the Broncos -12.0 in a big way,i'm more intrested in reading Crouchs post on the match,so you know what i'm on and I consider it a biggie as well the Broncos -12.0. Lookinfg forward to your post Crouch bro. Good Luck to all for today.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) I'm definitely on the Brisbane handicap today (-8.5). Over the years Brisbane have always backed up well after Origin, but today the game is extra important. We are down at the bottom of the ladder and are in severe danger of missing the finals if we fail to win today. Wayne Bennett, who has copped a bit of flack during the week has made a significant change bringing in Michael Ennis to halfback and dropping Shane Perry, whose not really played very well at any point during the year. Ennis has looked good at first receiver at times and I think he can work well with Lockyer. One of the things that I feel hurts the Knights in a major way is the loss of Gidley and Buderus. Brisbane's forwards have a tendency of being found out by the little men who can exploit them in the ruck, but without these two players the Knights don't have the personnel to trouble Brisbane. Furthermore, these two players offer the Knights a lot of leadership and if times get tough for the Knights, like I expect them to, it's going to be harder for them to rebound without anybody to lead their recovery. I've no doubts that Brisbane still have a lot of flaws in their game, but today I don't feel the Knights have the ability to expose them. A case in point has been Brisbane's inability to cross the line. The last couple of weeks their completion rates have been superb (85%+), but they've barely managed a try, due in part to their lack of creativity in attack and in part due to some outstanding defence (Sharks and Manly). Today I find it hard to imagine that the Knights can defend anywhere near as well as Manly or the Sharks and without a leader like Buderus out there to show the way I can only see Brisbane winning today. I'll probably offer up a try scorer bet a bit later too, will have a look around.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Nothing since last posted, three key knights are out (Buderus and Gidley and now Simpson) and the UK books react slower than over here, so that's probably the reason why prices are so different over there. The tryscorer bets for me, just interest, are Stagg first try @ $29 and Carlaw last try @ $61. GL all

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) I'm having a punt on Brisbane by 19 - 24 winning margin,although after seeing Simpson is out,I may of gone to low. Does'nt anyone have an opinion on the Panthers/Tigers match??

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) For the other game I wont give a big write up as I don't have one, it's just part of my underdogs system which I'm trialling. Penrith to win @ 2.05 Penrith 13+ @ 4.50 Penrith 16-20 @ 13.00 Just small stakes but the system has started off well and looking to continue that here.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Cool crouchie... The fact that Pinnacle's lines are off raised an alarm for me. Offline = Dodgy opportunity at someplace else. UK books have moved as well...bestbetting is showing old odds for some books. But, I got onto Broncos -8 (1.91) at some lame book 20 mins back. Go Broncos!!

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th)

I'm having a punt on Brisbane by 19 - 24 winning margin,although after seeing Simpson is out,I may of gone to low. Does'nt anyone have an opinion on the Panthers/Tigers match??
I like Penrith but I don't have too good a reason except that the Panthers have a great record against the Tigers. Roosters had a great record against the Sharkies and Raiders over Dragons, so I'm really just following that trend. Not on today's game either, but can I just say how big a ****** Jaiman Lowe is. Testicles story or not, to get up and KO Delaney like he did was just very low IMO.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) I've gone with Brisbane by 13 or more at half time @$4. Hopefully they send a message and come out all guns blazing. They are bottom of the ladder and they need a big win to give them some confidence, there is no better opportunity to do that than now