NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th)

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) I like Raiders by 13+ Jumbo. The Green machine are a bit of a funny team but if it's one thing they don't really do it's grind out a win. They either seem to win in style or fall to pieces and get thumped. Dragons aren't a team I trust yet either and with these rumoured absences I can see them getting beat. Willhill still have the Raiders at evens so i have gone ahead and taken that. Also taken Raiders 13+ @ 4.00 and by 16-20 @ 11.00. These aren't major bets but part of the Underdogs system I'm trying to run with (I know Raiders are fav here but with Hlls they are the dog so I'm cheating a little)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Should say I took Tongue for first try too. No real reason, except I've made this bet a bunch in the past and lost, so it feels like it's time that he pays off lol. For the other game I do as I said like the Dogs to win but I can't help but feel that Over 40.5pts is a bit better bet, so I've gone ahead with that one instead. Hopefully the Dogs can win by a margin and we'll both be in the money. GL all

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Gone with the overs also... the bet365 price is pretty bad over/under 40.5 @ 1.83 however sportingbet only offering over/under 42 @ 1.9 so I think I take the bet365 price.... that point or 2 can make the difference and relly it's 7c/$... I am not going 2 high stakes so I'm nbot 2 worried about it... a win is more important... anyways with conversions a plenty :hope this total should be reached w/o 2 much dificulty....:ok 4units Dogs/Cowboys Over 40.5 points @ 1.83 ....just noticed here my spelling is laughable... :lol :lol :lol :lol

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th)

I like Raiders by 13+ Jumbo. The Green machine are a bit of a funny team but if it's one thing they don't really do it's grind out a win. They either seem to win in style or fall to pieces and get thumped. Dragons aren't a team I trust yet either and with these rumoured absences I can see them getting beat. Willhill still have the Raiders at evens so i have gone ahead and taken that. Also taken Raiders 13+ @ 4.00 and by 16-20 @ 11.00. These aren't major bets but part of the Underdogs system I'm trying to run with (I know Raiders are fav here but with Hlls they are the dog so I'm cheating a little)
I've taken them at 13+ for a bit of fun aswell mate. I would'nt worry to much about the bookies mate,I've also taken the Raiders at $2 from Will Hill,just a word of note guys,there are a fair few more bookies than just our ones in Aust and NZ,and the English bookies have far better odds than ours over here in most case's,most accounts can be opened via credit cards,so when Mum and Dad are'nt looking..LOL. Just kidding guys,but try and open other accounts at overseas bookies,you would be amased at the difference sometimes. Makdaddy bro,you think your spelling is bad,check out some of mine.:lol

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) I'm on the Raiders bandwagon as well, the reasons are already posted, the Dragons have a terrible record against Canberra and with the players they have out I think they are going to struggle. Going to opposite to most on the Bulldogs/Cows match and putting my money on the Cowboys to get up. The Bulldogs haven't really been going all that flash recently and the loss of Mason is fairly significant. I'm hoping the Cowboys little men can run the Dogs pack ragged around the ruck similar to the way the Tigers and the Storm beat them. :cow Good luck everyone.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Hi guys good to be back had a few weeks off from work and betting :clap Can anyone confirm who's out for the dragons ? i think nrl.com hasnt updated the teamlist

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Overs doesnt look 2 good... but still possible @ HT however I think I might take a little of Dogs +10 on offer by bet365 @ 1.9... I havent been watching the entire game and the dogs looked like they had some fire left in the tank and they are ready 2 take it 2 a tired cowboys in the 2nd.... thurston looked shook up then put a beautiful chip into the corner, then missed a tackle that resulted in dogs comming close to scoring.... with bowman out against a physical dogs team cowboys will tire ALOT towards the end of the half... I can mayb even see the dogs coming back 4 the win... not sure but I feel that for cowboys 2 beat +10 they will have 2 score sum in the second.... then the overs may come in to cover me... not sure if ill go with it but seems like a very viable option... what do u boys think???

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Wow I am glad I didnt wait with that bet like I normally would...:puke Good thing 2 tries in quick succession... thurston really all there is 2 cowboys @ ATM and hopefully with some possesion dogs can get back into this 1... still plently of enthusiasm from them... just no ball... ...I'm fairly happy ATM moment... doggies got 1 back and hazen putting it over 30 points scored and really with some possesion and 25-30min left dogs can put 2 more on very easily they look fresher and just all over better... cowboys getting a little luky and relying on thurston creative brilliance.... .... Tonga mayb just bombed my night... In a big way.... hahahaha

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) FT results Bulldogs 16-26 Cowboys Raiders 30-6 Dragons Can't believe Tonga ****ed that up. Would have been a perfect night if he got it over. Also a later try to the Dragons was denied so if that was awarded the Raiders by 16-20 bet would have come up too. Ah well, was a decent night so I wont complain...too much. Quite hard luck there Mak, Tonga should have scored, as should have Roberts (Tonga really should ahve followed through to get a return pass)

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Dogs lost,but Raiders got up. I actually changed and put a fair whack on the Raiders 13+,so a good night all the same.But really would of liked the Doggies to of gotten up,Thurston is a freak,the litte s@#@. See you all tomorrow.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Hard luck on the Dogs tonight Jumbo. I thought they'd be in good shape but it just turned out to be one of those games. As already discussed I think manly look the goods tomorrow and will probably roll a bit of the Raiders profits into the Manly if the price holds. Also considering a cheeky HT/FT bet of Storm/Manly. Manly trail at HT a lot of the time at Brookie anyway (Eels led 6-2 at HT), plus the Origin back up factor of the Storm players might see them fade towards the backend of the game, perhaps offering up a bit of value on this market. Not sure how to play the Sharks game, but I will maybe look for some try scoring head to heads where Sharks are up against Roosters, as I expect many Sharks to score and not many ROosters to. Am open to other avenues of playing this, but I'm not feeling too comfortable with a big line of 15.5

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) I'll do one now and the other one later... Manly vs Melbourne Teams one a nd two meet in what should be a great game tonight,at Brookvale Oval,home of the Sea Eagles,I really like the Sea Eagles here,so lets see why.. Melbourne are comming second and have been playing well,but I think the fact that this is at Manly,they have 4 players backing up from Origin and Crocker and Kafusi are both out could spell trouble for the Storm,also I don't know if White is playing but I would imagine he is,you can bet that the Manly pack will go out there on a mission to open his nose up again,Bellamy will most likely play him,but I would think he will have doubts over whether to or not,but with the losses of Crocker and Kafusi,I think he will.Two very even forward packs really,the Storms back row are very good as are Manlys,Cronk and Smith are the keys here,but I really think that Manlys defence will step up tonight. Manly get Lyon back and Kite but they also get Matai back,which gets their centre positions back in order and I would expect them to gain confidence through that fact.Orford and Monahan need to steo up and I think they will,but Manlys pack has perfomed well and their back 3 like Melbourne are very quick and very strong. The loss of personal for Melbourne and players backing up should make this match about even as the dreaded MNF curse is upon the Sea Eagles,but that should even things up a bit,speed wise both are about the same,brains wise they are about the same,but Forwards wise,the edge now gos to Manly,Melbourne have not won at Brookie since 1999 and Manly are unbeaten at home this year,I really like Manly tonight,as they have been playing and winning but not to their earlier standards,if they were ever going to click into gear,it will be tonight against their closest opposition in the Storm. Manly -2.0 @ 1.91 from Blue Square Manly by 12 or less at 3.10 from TAB(NZ) I have a view on the Titans/Souths match,but i'll do that later,i'm off to the airport,now.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Im abit hesitant about this game. Manly looked ordinary on monday nite, although they won the win wasnt convincing IMO, maybe they left some in the tank for tonight. Jumbo like you said the storm have more origin players backing up so that should be a factor & the storm dont win many games without crocker. I remb gus talking about how manly dont perform to well under lights.

Im abit hesitant about this game. Manly looked ordinary on monday nite' date=' although they won the win wasnt convincing IMO, maybe they left some in the tank for tonight. Jumbo like you said the storm have more origin players backing up so that should be a factor & the storm dont win many games without crocker. I remb gus talking about how manly dont perform to well under lights.[/quote'] Yeah Bozz mate your right,but I think that the Eagles will show up tonight,this is a tricky match to call regardless,it is 1 vs 2 on the ladder,but with the forwrd losses for Melbourne and Matai back for Manly with Melbournes terrible record at Manly,I'll stick with them.:hope

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Onto the next matcn,but first,cripes Mearl you do stay up late don't you.lol,at a geuss it must be about 1145pm Friday,so maybe not.lol Titans vs Souths(this may surprise some of you) The Titans get Bailey back from Origin but are still without Campbell,who would of though that the loss of Campbell could damage this side so much,I did'nt.The Titans are back at Carrara tonight and really need to find some form,but Campbell was amasingly enough their main attacking weapon and without himn,they are lacking options,a big surprise to me there.Bailey will work wonders for this Titans pack,but I relly think the Titans are up against it tonight and I favour Souths. Souths Forward pack is better than the Titans and with Fa'Longo back in tonight even more so.The Bunnies are killing themselves by not scoring points,but they are in all their matches with a solid defence,something which the Titans don't have.Peachey is rested and Simmonds comes in and even though people may think thats a big loss,I disagree,Simmonds has performed well in his time on the field and I don't think the Bunnies lose to much. The Titans have lost their last two to the two worst sides in the comp in the Roosters and Dragons,Campbell is a huge loss for them it would seem,alos Vagana is marking Rodgers who without doubt is the Titans main attacking weapon,in fact the Titans right hand side is where they score their points and with both Vagana and Meritt both defending so well I think they will shut down the Titans on that side and if that happens the Bunnies are half way there.The Titans have a decent pack but I would rate this Souths pack as the strongest they have faced in a while and the Titans will struggle to make ground.Souths have a very good defence and they do not leak many points,however they don't score to many either,but against the Titans they may have some sucess,the Titans are conceeding trys from runners two wide of the ruck and with Fa'Longo,Widders and Asotasi out there,I would imagine thats where the Bunnies will attack.Last week against the Dragons the two pass play was used and the Titans really had no answer for it,expect Taylor to of seen it and attack there.The bunnies also have alot of size on their bench and thaat will help them also. Heres the difference in defence stats,the Titans at home are playing well they have scored 112 points but conceeded 88 points.Souths away have scored 58 points and conceeded only 36. Both these sides need to get back on bard here and I would rate the Bunnies as more likely to get the nod with their defence,so..... Bunnies by 12 or less at 3.70 Bunnies + 2.0 @ 1.91 from Blue Square. Good Luck,i'll do the Sharks/Roosters soon.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) ok,last one here...i'm sick of writing so thank god for that... Sharks vs Roosters Last week I gave the benefit of the doubt to the Roosters,this week I won't.The Roosters have a decent record against the Sharks but there are reasons to take the big handicap on the Sharks tonight. The Roosters are without Anasta,Myles and Soiola and although we all keep waiting for the Roosters to turn around their fortunes it just does not look likely,they seem very one dimensional in attack and their defence has been plain awful in recent weeks.The Roosters to have youth in their side and they do have some decent talent,but thry are just not playing like it. The Sharks have it over the Roosters in more areas than one,they have a very strong backrow in Thompson,Bird and Gallen,they are all playing out of their skins at present,also add in that they have two quality halves in Kimmorley and Dykes who are both playing very well and their backline is on fire at the moment,Talipapa has been huge for them and expect more of the same from him tonight,we loved him in Auckland but when you show up day after day pissed at practise,you are going to get sacked and so it was with him,but Kearney,Pommeroy,Anderson are all playing very well and should be to much for the Roosters. Normally this start is to big for me,but with the way either of these sides is playing,I think you could of set this line at 20 and still had a bit of confidence.The Sharks really beat the Bulldogs into submission last weekend and I can see the same thing happening to the Roosters tonight,in fact I think Crouch said something about odds for the Sharks to be the highest scoring side for the weekend,I would take it.The Sharks defence is great and the Roosters will have trouble getting through it the way they are playing. I did give the Roosters the benefit of the doubt last week but not this week,the Sharks have a better forward pack,their backline is in form and their bench is very,very good with Leuluai,Simmonds,De Gois and Douglas all waiting to come into the fray,I can see the Roosters going down here by more than 20...... Sharks - 13 @ $2 from Pinnacle. Good Luck everyone for tonight.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) as crouch said i think melb/manly in ht/ft is worth a few dollars... im also putting just $10 on souths/gold coast... souths usually start ok and have crumbled on a few occassions while gold coast play much better in the 2nd half especially at home with their crowd bringing them home

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Unfortunately highest margin/score of the weekend doesn't seem to re-open after Friday games so no luck there with the Sharks. Still looking for a way but Sharks -6.5 at HT looks a possibility at 1.90. If the Sharks just score a couple of tries this'll be a great chance to be a winner. HT Margin 7-12 a possibility too. Will decide later with hopefully some more thoughts

also going to follow you with sharks -6.5 although the .5 worries me.. might hedge it with Sharks by 6pts exactly if i can find that on offer
M8 dw bout it.... sharks are good 4 8 at least... wats ur price on -6.5... Every1 else on about -12.5 @ 1.9ish.... ....oh i see now @ HT....:ok

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) A quick question for anyone,the TAB(NZ) have a option for the first time ever on to score the most tries the options are Stewart$2.75 against Slater 3.30 and a tie at $2.15,any thoughts?? Stewart did'nt score last week,so maybe Stewart ,hard to call,any thoughts

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Centrebet offering $1.90 for Brett Stewart to scre anytime. Sacrifice 85c in odds but it's very simple bet. Slater isn't exactly a man I'd want to oppose in the try scoring H2H and close to evens for Brett Stewart to score isn't a bad bet.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Crouch bro,I just want to get some early thoughts from you if thats ok,on the Broncos/Knights match. I think the Broncos players who played in Origin could well be back to their best after Origin 1 and the players who played against the Eagles last Monday also performed very well,I'm of the opinion that the Broncos could well have their best performance of the season to date. And as the Knights have no Gidley and he has been their main points scorer and Buderus and Simpson with Mullen all backing up,that the Broncos could well win by more than 15? Any thoughts mate? I just read your post,yeah I may leave that alone,although if Manly are to win,which I think they will,Stewart will need to score,so....

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Ah yes, I should point something out. Shane Perry, who was absolutely ****ing awful last week wont play tomorrow. Michael Ennis will move to halfback, Darius Boyd will play centre, Brent Tate will play Wing and Stagg moves to the backrow with Eastwood dropping to the bench. As for the game, I can see Brisbane bouncing back. I think that the Origin will have been a massive boost to the players who haven't really been part of a winning side for a while and I think Ennis at half will offer a lot more. Last week against Manly Brisbane finished the game well and it's no coincidence that this happened when Perry was off the field! You are very correct about Gidley too, he's a massive threat for the Knights and without him the Knights don't have many strike weapons to go too. I can see Brisbane winning by at least 8pts and 15pts+ is possible though I'm not sure how often. Ennis will probably kick goals too and he's our best goalkicker, so that will help turn 4pts into 6.