NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th)

NRL Match Result Coupon
Click on an event name to see all odds from all bookmakers.
Friday 25 May 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Canberra Raiders v St G-Illawarra Dragons (10:30 BST) 1.40 Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time
Canterbury Bulldogs v North Qld Cowboys (10:30 BST)1.33 2.06124% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time
Saturday 26 May 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Manly Sea Eagles v Melbourne Storm (08:30 BST) 1.75 Related markets...Match Result
Cronulla Sharks v Sydney Roosters (10:30 BST)1.10 2.10139% Related markets...Match Result
Gold Coast Titans v South Sydney Rabbitohs (10:30 BST)1.65 2.00111% Related markets...Match Result
Sunday 27 May 2007
Penrith Panthers v Wests Tigers (06:00 BST) 1.70 Related markets...Match Result
Monday 28 May 2007
Parramatta Eels v NZ Warriors (10:00 BST)1.30 2.08125% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 10 - (May 25th - 28th)

#

Club

P

W

D

L

B

F

A

%

PTS

Sea Eagles

Storm

Sharks

Wests Tigers

Cowboys

Knights

Warriors

Eels

Rabbitohs

Raiders

Bulldogs

Titans

Panthers

Dragons

Broncos

Roosters

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Hard weekend to pick from this weekend,but you will have to wait untill Game times for certain picks as team lists could well be shelved due to origin,so stay alert for posts people.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) I will say though for those who like to get in early.. Canberra should be to strong for the Dragons in Canberra I'm liking Manly 12 or less against the Storm The Sharks by alot against the Roosters Souths over the Titans Tigers over the Panthers and Parra tio anialate the Warriors on Monday.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) I would have to go with my dragons this week, they are getting into form and with the number 9 for the dragons up agaisnt his old club i would expect him to have a big one. Also with all this fiasco at the raiders this week i would expect this to have a negative effect on the team. I like the dragons 1-12 and the bulldogs hd2hd regardless of who get through the doggies medical. LETS MAKE SOME MONEY THIS WEEK Hey is anyone interested in doing a betting nrl betting scheme?

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Agree with you on the Bulldogs,jury is still out on the Dragons. What do you mean by an NRL betting scheme? I have a forum going at Betshoot that I started two weeks ago for punters who are intrested,nothing major,but more or less a guide line of plays in the NRL and Super League that I would perceive as value. At Present it sits at 2.4k,it was strated from a 1k stake and I have picked on 12 matches and bet on the options I think are value for those intrested in making money,I don't get many views as you can imagine as it's a Euro web site,but I have a few faithful followers on my bets and strategry,heres a quick run down.. PICKS:12 CORRECT:9 INCORRECT:3 BALANCE:2.47k ORIGINAL STAKE:1k TOTAL PROFIT TO DATE:1.47k OVERALL STAKE:2.47k If you are intrested,go to Betshoot and take a gander,i've changed from week to week to just:Jumbos own Rugby League and Union betting. So it only has one post on it at present,but I will be using that thread for the next 19 weekes,just to make it easier to follow,come along anyone who's intrested.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Not too sure what you mean by a betting scheme either Syd. Raiders game I would probably favour the Raiders marginally as I think the Carney problems might resolve the team, but Dragons appear to be picking up their game. The game I'm looking at and liking at this stage is Manly v Storm. With Kaufusi out and a lot of other Storm stars backing up I think Manly will have the answers and get home by 6-8pts. Not too many other thoughts but I'd look for Brisbane to bounce back this weekend. A lot of the guys were involved with the Origin win and I think that winning feeling with help the team regain form. Also Kurt Gidley I believe is out for the Knights which is a huge blow as he has been their best player this year.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) First looks I like Dogs/Cowboys over both with decent attack and poor defence... eels 2 make it another big 1... Manly look good 2 make another home win I'll be taking them straight up and on the line... assuming their favs... should note Crocker out... something like 8/10 losses w/o crocker not sure on exact stats but know they lose often w/o him plus I would rate them 2 lose anyways manly 5/5 @ home Melbourne travelling not as strong... this will probably be focus bet of the weekend... though just noticed manly played on monday compared 2 storm on sat... something 2 consider... finally u gota fancy the Tigs 2 do it again against a questionable penrith... not really sure how they won a game but that plus a bye could be dangerous but I look more as games come and squads are released....:ok

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Just looked at the roosters squad and it looks pitiful they really probably dont look like scoring against strong sharks defence.... looks like another 26-0 4 the shire foke... havent seen the line but may take it should it be around 12-14

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) I have jumped the gun and taken Manly to win @ $1.85. Kaufusi is injured and definitely wont play and Brett White was having problems with a broken nose? Don't know if he'll play or not but I can only see this price moving one way. Mak makes a good point about Manly playing on a Monday, but from my POV Melbourne played on a Wednesday. Inglis, Smith, Johnson, Matt King, they are 4 of their key players and as mentioned Kaufusi is out and maybe White too? Either way I don't think the back up factor from a Monday is as relevant here. Of course I could be wrong, but I do believe the price will shorten a bit so I've taken an early risk.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) I like that you two are looking at Manly to win,I also have that lined up this weekend,along with the Raiders,Bulldogs,Sharks at present,but i'm very impressed by both of you looking at the Manly game as the MAIN bet,as I think it is also. Nice one guys.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Bulldogs -4.5 @ 2.10 Surprisingly, most players after playing a game, will tell you they will want to play the next game within 48 hours before the fatigue starts to set in. All to do with muscles contracting / expanding, and other crap like that. Anyway, this is relevant for a team like the bulldogs who have a big pack of forwards and with players like Ryan and Mason backing up they will look to them and a fresh Williams to take on a Cowboys outfit without a couple of their main forwards like Webb and O"Donnell. They have lost their last two and will not want to lose a third. While the return of Thurston is a big boost for the Cowboys it can be said that Sherwin is someone who has rediscovered his form and maybe there is an opportunity for a state of origin recall if the selectors think that Mullen was thrown in too early. Another possibility is the over as: the Dogs are averaging 20.7 points a game to the Cowboys’ 21.3, while they are conceding 23.3 and 21 points respectively. I think Mason has a point to prove to the brisbane crowd after being on the wrong side of the result on wednesday and especially with a fresh sonny bill williams, they should have too much firepower for the cowboys who have been disappointing in the last few weeks Dragons -4.5 @ 2.10 The loss of Carney for Canberra is a masive blow as he has been their main playmaker and made them a competitive outfit especially at home. While the Dragons are not the best team going around, they have better quality of players than the Raiders and one wonders whether they have a bit more confidence now that they won their last game when it looked like they were gone, They are only one win outside the top 8 so they will look to build momentum with a win here. When you get two ordinary sides you look for the players who may be able to do that something special to get the victory. The Raiders have lost that player in Carney while Head, Cooper and even Woolford are capable of rpoducing that bit of magic that is required.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Saturday games: Lean on Melbourne but might pass this game Cronulla -15.5 @ 2.10 Cronulla is on a serious roll and are playing some very good footy. They are all fresh with no rep. players while the Roosters have 4 players backing up. Several sharks players are upset that they didn't get a state of origin call up so they will look to have a huge game to remind the selectors of their availability and potential. The Roosters have been poor and been making far too many mistakes with little variety on attack. Lean on Titans

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th)

the Dogs are averaging 20.7 points a game to the Cowboys’ 21.3' date= while they are conceding 23.3 and 21 points respectively.
This is probably why I will fancy overs over the doggies... tho I may change my mind... its really up 2 thurston after the origin win I fear he might turn it on here... either way I think overs is good... I think i'll go with my gut as too often I dont in league and go 2 hedge my bets and fall short of good results... both seem pretty nice... I do however fancy the -3.5 @ 2 on offer by sportingbet... seems alot more reasonable 4 a .10 concession...:ok

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) With regards to the over in the Dogs game, the presence of El masri and Thurston should do you well. I can't see them missing many goals so if the tries are scored it should be 6pts most of the time. Curious little bet to consider too is the Sharks to be the highest scoring team of the weekend at $4.25. I fancy Sharks to beat the Roosters comfortably, but with the line so big maybe this is a better way to extract some value? Forget what I said about Brisbane too, $1.43 is a horrible price

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) I've just seen the odds released on bet365 and sportingbet... the 2 bookies I primarily bet with these days... and these will be my main bets 4 the weekend both max stakes (Not often do I bet max stakes In NRL)... That is assuming all is well must check squads closer 2 game but all things remaining even... Parramatta -6.5 @ 1.9- Really It's all about Parramatta @ the moment (I am a supporter so I may sound a little bias)... Jumbo may have 2 ok this but Id say Price backing up from origin will be a pretty big blow 4 warriors (Not that they need 1 ATM) Eels just look good in attack and moderately good in defence... yes against a bad cowboys but fought well against Manly the week b4 @ brookie and I just rate them 2 run away with this... altough warriors can always pull 1 out... but all form points 2 eels... will definately have a go @ 13+ @ 2.65....:ok Manly -2 @ 1.9- Not really that much 2 say really Manly undefeated @ home... best defence, 2nd best offence... Melbourne have good stats also but not so good away from Melbourne and players backing up from origin namely Cameron Smith... Faufusi out 4 the season big loss... really this outwieghs the monday night fever and they will take it... -2 is nothing they had a little slump where they won by 2 and 3 over dogs and warriors but their average margin is 14 and I see it possibly being a margin like this and may dabble in 13+ @ 3.45

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Another weekend of NRL is upon us,lets try and start well.. Raiders vs Dragons I've decide to start with this match first,as I see real value in the Raiders tonight.. Not many sides beat the Raiders in Canberra at night and for the Dragons that rings very true as well,the Raiders have beaten the Dragons at any venue in their last 5 meetings. The Raiders last match was a win against the Bunnies an Sydney and they are fresh off the bye,yes they do have off field problems,but I doubt that will affect them much,yes the loss of Carney is big but after looking at the problems the Dragons have now,this match must swing back in the Raiders favour alot.The Raiders are a young side with experience thrown in for good measure and it works for them,they have good hard runners and give them a sniff and it could be lights out by half time. The Dragons have won their last two,but I still have little to no faith in them,and now that Ryles and Young are both out for tonights clash even more so.The Dragons migfht of won their last two,but they look very tired and the youth in their side may well not handle the trip to Canberra and the cold conditions.The Dragons have alot of talent,but are still lacking in certain areas and with their main Forward runner and Captain now out,well i'd prefer the Raiders. The Raiders are missing a couple but not as many as the Dragons,also take their history into account and it looks like the Raiders to win for me.I really think that the off field dramas and their win away against the Bunnies will help this Raiders side alot and for those reasons,i'm on them. PICK:Raiders to win @ $2 Stake:9/10 Bulldogs vs Cowboys Intresting match here,why are the Bulldogs playing a home match at Suncorp?? Especially since the place is more than likely still full of Queenslanders wanting to carry on their celebrations and even more so with Thurston backing up,they may regret playing this match in Brisbane,but i'll stick with the Dogs. Mason is still in doubt and will not be announced untill close to kick off,I'm of the opinion that he will play,the Dogs also get O'Meley back tonight and that will stiffen their already very strong looking pack with Maitua,Williams,Ryan,Mason? and Hughes,the Bulldogs backline has been comming back to life in recent weeks and could well tear the right hand side of the Cowboys defence if given room,which the Cowboys have been giving. The Cowboys get Thurston and Lillyman back but Webb and O'Donnell are still both missing.The Cowboys have a huge forward pack but they tire rather badly at the back end of the halves and that could cost them.The Cowboys backline are the key for them as even withoiut Mason this Cowboys pack will struggle to get over the Dogs pack.The little men are the key for the Cowboys,but you need to get some dominace in both the backs and forwards and I cannot see the Cowboys getting that in both aspects of the match. BlackCrows comments about players backing up 48 hours is better is bang on the money,as your bones have not healed and they can readjust to the hits almost straight away,I've played a few matches one after another and it does feel far better straight after not 3 or 4 days later.The Cowboys have major talent but I think their forward pack will let them down,they do not last the full 80mins and will tire and with runers the calibre of Williams and Maitua the back end of the halfs are crucial.This match should be tight,but thats hard to say also,both these sides against one another rarely have tight games although fatigue could well be a factor.I think the Bulldogs are only just short of finding their bast and Goal kicking could well be the difference,Thurstons a freak,El Masri is off,but I think El Masri could well be the difference,Bulldogs to win. PICK:Bulldogs -2.0 @ 1.91 Stake:8/10 Good Luck everyone,by the way way off topic,but my missus is listening to Missy Higgins at the moment,I like ACDC,Metallica,Iron Maiden,Sabbath,Slipknot,Pantera,etc,etc, but I must admit,I like this chick Missy Higgins.Is that embarassing??:lol

I've just seen the odds released on bet365 and sportingbet... the 2 bookies I primarily bet with these days... and these will be my main bets 4 the weekend both max stakes (Not often do I bet max stakes In NRL)... That is assuming all is well must check squads closer 2 game but all things remaining even... Parramatta -6.5 @ 1.9- Really It's all about Parramatta @ the moment (I am a supporter so I may sound a little bias)... Jumbo may have 2 ok this but Id say Price backing up from origin will be a pretty big blow 4 warriors (Not that they need 1 ATM) Eels just look good in attack and moderately good in defence... yes against a bad cowboys but fought well against Manly the week b4 @ brookie and I just rate them 2 run away with this... altough warriors can always pull 1 out... but all form points 2 eels... will definately have a go @ 13+ @ 2.65....:ok On the Parra/Warriors match bro,I'm still to make my mind up on that one,but I will write a pick on Monday,at present i'm leaning towars the Warriors,the exclusion of Inu for the Eels is a surprise as he has been one of their best,but we'll see after.:eyes

Bulldogs vs Cowboys Intresting match here,why are the Bulldogs playing a home match at Suncorp?? Especially since the place is more than likely still full of Queenslanders wanting to carry on their celebrations and even more so with Thurston backing up,they may regret playing this match in Brisbane,but i'll stick with the Dogs. Mason is still in doubt and will not be announced untill close to kick off,I'm of the opinion that he will play,the Dogs also get O'Meley back tonight and that will stiffen their already very strong looking pack with Maitua,Williams,Ryan,Mason? and Hughes,the Bulldogs backline has been comming back to life in recent weeks and could well tear the right hand side of the Cowboys defence if given room,which the Cowboys have been giving. The Cowboys get Thurston and Lillyman back but Webb and O'Donnell are still both missing.The Cowboys have a huge forward pack but they tire rather badly at the back end of the halves and that could cost them.The Cowboys backline are the key for them as even withoiut Mason this Cowboys pack will struggle to get over the Dogs pack.The little men are the key for the Cowboys,but you need to get some dominace in both the backs and forwards and I cannot see the Cowboys getting that in both aspects of the match. BlackCrows comments about players backing up 48 hours is better is bang on the money,as your bones have not healed and they can readjust to the hits almost straight away,I've played a few matches one after another and it does feel far better straight after not 3 or 4 days later.The Cowboys have major talent but I think their forward pack will let them down,they do not last the full 80mins and will tire and with runers the calibre of Williams and Maitua the back end of the halfs are crucial.This match should be tight,but thats hard to say also,both these sides against one another rarely have tight games although fatigue could well be a factor.I think the Bulldogs are only just short of finding their bast and Goal kicking could well be the difference,Thurstons a freak,El Masri is off,but I think El Masri could well be the difference,Bulldogs to win. PICK:Bulldogs -2.0 @ 1.91 Stake:8/10 Good Luck everyone,by the way way off topic,but my missus is listening to Missy Higgins at the moment,I like ACDC,Metallica,Iron Maiden,Sabbath,Slipknot,Pantera,etc,etc, but I must admit,I like this chick Missy Higgins.Is that embarassing??:lol
Perhaps a little embarasing... however if it is I am there with you... she holds her own nicely... I probably will be on the doggies aswell although every1 I hear saying Mason out definately w Hamstring injury... nothing serious though from what I gather... tho the morning news isnt exactly the best source 4 footie info...:tongue2 Also Raiders usually good at home but with Carney out and Dragons half decent form with matty head back recently... I dunno just 2 many variables that can end in fireworks 4 my liking but GL..... :ok

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Tonga to outscore Minto is $1.83 with Sportingbet and I'm on. If they tie it's a push and Tonga is a try scorer whilst Minto quite simply isn't. I'm pretty sure Minto will mark Tonga too and I think Tonga will be able to get around Minto at some stage tonight so it's a bet I'm happy to be on.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) I quite like Tonga to scare a try also,so I might have a dabble. At present i'm still waiting to hear confirmation of exactly who is in the Dragons squad,at present I've been told Ryles,Stanley,Mac'Dougall and Head are all out,but the Club itself are saying nothing and are not posting anything,which makes me wonder. I know that Mason is out for tonight in the Bulldogs match.But they don't lose to much,i'm fairly confident of the Doggies pack turning up tonight and I doubt that the Cowboys huge forwards can go the full 80 against a pack as mobile as the Dogs,but a margin in both these matches is hard,the Dogs 1 - 12 maybe because of fatigue in the back end of the match,but the Raiders could well beat the Dragons by 13+,like I said not many teams fair well at night in Canberra,and the Dragons have an awful record against the Raiderws and in Canberra it's even worse.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Those losses in the Dragons as stated above are the only leave outs for tonights clash with the Raiders/Dragons. That match is firming up even more than the Bulldogs match now. Why the fcuk are the Bulldogs playing a home match in Brisbane,after Origin,either they are nuts,or they know something the rest of us don't.Both the Cowboys and Bulldogs have decent records here,but,Brisbane,after Origin,it's confusing the crap out of me!!!

Those losses in the Dragons as stated above are the only leave outs for tonights clash with the Raiders/Dragons. That match is firming up even more than the Bulldogs match now. Why the fcuk are the Bulldogs playing a home match in Brisbane,after Origin,either they are nuts,or they know something the rest of us don't.Both the Cowboys and Bulldogs have decent records here,but,Brisbane,after Origin,it's confusing the crap out of me!!!
Just speculating, but I imagine a lot of people who travelled up for Origin are sticking around for the weekend so it's a way to cash in. Playing a Queensland team too, it'll only ensure that the numbers are there. In recent years this game has been played on the Gold Coast.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) Hi Guys, Haven't posted for a few rounds, been a bit busy. I think the Raiders and Bulldogs will both win tonight, although I will post a couple of alternative bets to match odds. Raiders v Dragons Dragons Penalty Goal as the first scoring play at 8.50, the Dragons have a habit of taking the two points first up if given the opportunity, so 8.50 seems alright to me. Also like 41-50 points at 3.10, not too sure of the reasoning on this one :$ , just seems "right" to me. ;) Bulldogs v Cowboys Just the one bet for me, Hazem El Masri to score more trys than Ty Williams at 3.00. Good Luck all, hopefully a profitable start to the weekend.

Just speculating' date=' but I imagine a lot of people who travelled up for Origin are sticking around for the weekend so it's a way to cash in. Playing a Queensland team too, it'll only ensure that the numbers are there. In recent years this game has been played on the Gold Coast.[/quote'] I thought it might have something to do with money bro,thanks,I can rest my head on that issue.:lol Your a bit of a Raiders man are'nt you bro? Give us a margin bro,12 or less or 13+??

Hi Guys, Haven't posted for a few rounds, been a bit busy. I think the Raiders and Bulldogs will both win tonight, although I will post a couple of alternative bets to match odds. Raiders v Dragons Dragons Penalty Goal as the first scoring play at 8.50, the Dragons have a habit of taking the two points first up if given the opportunity, so 8.50 seems alright to me. Also like 41-50 points at 3.10, not too sure of the reasoning on this one :$ , just seems "right" to me. ;) Bulldogs v Cowboys Just the one bet for me, Hazem El Masri to score more trys than Ty Williams at 3.00. Good Luck all, hopefully a profitable start to the weekend.
Hey,coolcricket,your back,Best of luck mate.:ok

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 11 (May 25th - 28th) I've just had a quick look and the Raiders have beaten the Dragons with there top side in both of their last two matches by more than 13+,in fact they have beaten them by 22 points and in the last match it was by 19,and that was when the Dragons were at full strength,not saying it will happen again,but this Dragons side are very undermanned for tonight,so something to ponder on....