** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Bowles Flat Racing thread 2007

Re: Bowles Flat Racing thread 2007 2.35 TURBO LINN 10pts win @ 10/11 Corals won a big race last week at Newmarket beating Under the Rainbow & Portal that day. Is 7lb worse off with those 2 but won so easily last week, it should go in again today & wont be inconvenienced if there is any change in the ground. 3.35 BLADES GIRL 5pts ew @ 20/1 Bet365 asking a lot for a 300 day absence to overcome but had some decent form last season albeit all over 7f. Sure to see this running on at the death & its form in better races makes it an interesting selection this afternoon at around 20/1.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Bowles Flat Racing thread 2007

2.35 TURBO LINN 10pts win @ 10/11 Corals won a big race last week at Newmarket beating Under the Rainbow & Portal that day. Is 7lb worse off with those 2 but won so easily last week, it should go in again today & wont be inconvenienced if there is any change in the ground. 3.35 BLADES GIRL 5pts ew @ 20/1 Bet365 asking a lot for a 300 day absence to overcome but had some decent form last season albeit all over 7f. Sure to see this running on at the death & its form in better races makes it an interesting selection this afternoon at around 20/1.
Great start Rob.:clap:clap

Re: Bowles Flat Racing thread 2007 1 winner yesterday @ 10/11 (SP 6/5) 19.1pts returned 20pts staked today 3.20 Redcar PARIS BELL 10pts win @ 9/2 Stan james i agree that prince namid looks an interesting bet today however that horse is the proverbial loser especially when expected to win! I still prefer Paris Bell to take on the favourite River Thames which appears to be the main tipped up horse of the day. Paris Bell has been running consistent all season & only just failed to stop Prospect court running up a hat trick last week. Bred for sprinting this 5yo also has a C/D win to its name.

Re: Bowles Flat Racing thread 2007 last bet lost a few today at Sandown 2.10 HUNTING THE BOTTLE 10pts win @ 8/11 Skybet looks to have a decent opportunity here after a promising debut. Barry hills doesnt muck about with his 2yo's here (35% SR) 2.45 SILCA ELEGANCE 10pts win @ 6/5 Sporting odds will appreciate the drop back in trip & course should suit this horse which willbe up with the pace throughout. 3.20 CUTE 5pts ew @ 10/1 Ladbrokes for Clive Brittain must come into the reckoning dropping in class from its Royal Ascot & July Meeting runs behind some decent rivals. 3.20 Prescotts 38% SR here must be respected & his only runner here today is SOURIRE which can be backed EW @ 12/1 - 5pts ew @ 12/1 Betfred 3.55 AMARNA 10pts win @ 4/1 Betdirect looks an interesting newcomer from Godolphin although bookies are taking a chance offering 4/1 about this well bred horse. EW shot for nothing! 4.30 NIGHT CRU 10pts win @ 4/1 Skybet won nicely LTO at Newmarket & may still be ahead of the handicapper here. Chris Wall also does well here with 18% of his horses winning here.

Re: Bowles Flat Racing thread 2007 dreadful day yesterday :$ just 1 so far today 1.35 Ascot - BALTIC KING 5pts ew @ 7/1 >Bet365 This looks a stand out EW bet on a course the horse goes well on (3 wins & 2 places from 9 starts here) & also getting weight from Reverence (8lb). Has been working well at home so we expect a bold show. The 3yo's get plenty of weight here but the selection is a tough old horse & only gives them 5lb.

Re: Bowles Flat Racing thread 2007 another loser yesterday need a big un today! 3.45 Ascot INTREPID JACK 5pts ew @ 20/1 Ladbrokes In the 3.45 Totesport international handicap, INTREPID JACK is the value at early price 20/1 with Ladbrokes. Btn only a nk when fast finishing in the Wokingham, this extra furlong will suit. It also fits the trends & i expect it to start at around 12/1.

Non Runner yesterday Reasons in the Ascot thread 1.40 Ascot VISIT 10pts win @ 7/2 Ladbrokes :clap 2.50 Ascot GREEN MANALISHI 5pts ew @ 25/1 Bet365
That horse is going places, not sure if it'll get 1m but will definitely go on from here. Won really well.

Re: Bowles Flat Racing thread 2007 7.10 Wise Son 10pts win @ 4/1 Totesport From the haggas yard which has sent out 2 decent winners over the weekend & is currently showing a level stake profit for the season (not many trainers can boast that). This horse ran here 2 weeks ago over the distance & probably wasnt knocked about finishing in 6th. The 2nd & the 7th in that race have won since & the 3rd has been placed. The form therefore looks decent & i cant see many in this race to worry out to be honest. With the Hannon horse likely favourite, we can get around 7/2 for Wise son. 6.10 Silca Destination 10pts win @ 7/2 Blue Square i have to consider this debutante on its excellent breeding (Dubai Destination - Golden Silca) & Channon is sure to want a winning start for this 2yo. Drawn 11 of 16, i will certainly want to follow this horse whatever happens tonight.

7.10 Wise Son 10pts win @ 4/1 Totesport From the haggas yard which has sent out 2 decent winners over the weekend & is currently showing a level stake profit for the season (not many trainers can boast that). This horse ran here 2 weeks ago over the distance & probably wasnt knocked about finishing in 6th. The 2nd & the 7th in that race have won since & the 3rd has been placed. The form therefore looks decent & i cant see many in this race to worry out to be honest. With the Hannon horse likely favourite, we can get around 7/2 for Wise son.
:clap:clap:clap Well done mate..:ok good old gamble landed.

Re: Bowles Flat Racing thread 2007 30pts profit made last night today 4.00 Goodwood Kingsgate native 10pts win @ 4/1 Bet365 John Best is a shrewd trainer & this horse ran an excellent 2nd on its debut in the Windsor Castle stakes at Royal Ascot. That race has produced a few winners since & this is another step up for the horse to make today.

30pts profit made last night today 4.00 Goodwood Kingsgate native 10pts win @ 4/1 Bet365 John Best is a shrewd trainer & this horse ran an excellent 2nd on its debut in the Windsor Castle stakes at Royal Ascot. That race has produced a few winners since & this is another step up for the horse to make today.
2nd beaten a short neck! Bets 72 Wins/places 21 Staked 720pts Returned 707.1pts P/L -12.9pts

Re: Bowles Flat Racing thread 2007 Wednesday - I think Goldophin could have a good day with at least a double on the card, however my one & only bet goes to: 5.45 Goodwood MINORITY REPORT 10pts win @ SP Trained by Luca Cumani & not see since its defeat in the Hunt Cup at Ascot, the horse can get back to winning ways on its favourite track. 3 runs here have resulted in 1 win, a 2nd & a 3rd place. This place seems to bring out the best in the horse & the faster the ground the better.

Re: Bowles Flat Racing thread 2007 last bet was 3rd, unlucky finishing late not beaten far today i dont want to miss out on backing INTREPID JACK for the stewards cup (3.55 Goodwood) after picking it out last week only for it to be taken out of the race. 2nd in the wokingham this season, this horse has a major handicap in him & hopefully today will be the day 5pts ew @ 20/1 sporting odds

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Bowles Flat Racing thread 2007 will update totals later todays bet 3.10 York AUTHORIZED 10pts win @ 2/1 Bluesq the best race of the week & AUTHORIZED can show how good he is today by taking on the older horses again. The eclipse is a graveyard for Derby horses & this was proved again although jockey error may have been more to blame. Victory in the Dante in May showed the horse can act on this course & the vlaue is there today at a very attractive price.

will update totals later todays bet 3.10 York AUTHORIZED 10pts win @ 2/1 Bluesq the best race of the week & AUTHORIZED can show how good he is today by taking on the older horses again. The eclipse is a graveyard for Derby horses & this was proved again although jockey error may have been more to blame. Victory in the Dante in May showed the horse can act on this course & the vlaue is there today at a very attractive price.
wins @ 6/4 :clap great race to watch also 10pts staked 30pts returned

Re: Bowles Flat Racing thread 2007 Yep, cheers Phil, i didnt want to miss out on the NAP! today 2.35 OGEE 5pts ew @ 16/1 Betdirect Fits all the trends for me & has the best jockey up top in Ryan Moore. Hasnt doen much wrong this season & the step back in trip will suit. 3.50 CAPTAIN GERRARD 10pts win @ 7/4 Betdirect should find this easier than LTO 3rd behind some speedy newcomers. Built for speed this horse has won on soft ground & i expect it will win today albeit at skinny odds. Again has the best jock up top!

Yep, cheers Phil, i didnt want to miss out on the NAP! today 2.35 OGEE 5pts ew @ 16/1 Betdirect Fits all the trends for me & has the best jockey up top in Ryan Moore. Hasnt doen much wrong this season & the step back in trip will suit. 3.50 CAPTAIN GERRARD 10pts win @ 7/4 Betdirect 1ST 6/4:clap should find this easier than LTO 3rd behind some speedy newcomers. Built for speed this horse has won on soft ground & i expect it will win today albeit at skinny odds. Again has the best jock up top!
Ogee was disappointing in the Ebor. Ran too free with the first time visor on & took an early lead which it would never sustain. Captain Gerrard was simply too good for this listed field & skated away to win. 20pts staked 27.5pts returned

Re: Bowles Flat Racing thread 2007 4.25 York WINTER SUNRISE 10pts win @ SP Unbeaten horse after 2 races, made very yard at Newmarket LTO but 3yo's have a good record in this race & should have no problems with the longer trip on its breeding. 3.10 York - what a race, horses aged between 2 & 10!!! The top sprinters of the year face each other, Reverence won here last year but hasnt been same horse yet this season albeit hasnt had the ground it likes & will again be out in front waiting to get caught. Dandyman is a 5f horse & from 16 stall has the speed to get that stand side rail which could be all important. Magnus is the big danger here & will relish the 5f trip. MAGNUS 10pts win @ 15/2 Bluesq