** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Bowles Flat Racing thread 2007

Re: Bowles Flat Racing thread 2007

:clap :clap Thanks mate, got the e/w lucky 15 up.:clap All decent prices as well., I think Hoh mike would have won if not for a bad break.
Yep, cheers for the support Kev. :ok I had a lucky 15 plus some ew dbles/trebles/accy so hopefully a decent pay out.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Bowles Flat Racing thread 2007 Cheers guys. Decided to only have 1 today as the racing looks typical Bank hol cards. 3.25 Carlisle REGENTS SECRET 5pts ew @ 7/1 Sporting odds The horse always needs a few runs before striking form, last years form figures were 7-8-5-3 followed by a win at Carlisle & then a 2nd at same track. So far this year, the horse has finished 9-0-8 & now tackles the mile at Carlisle (well 20 yds short of a mile!).

Cheers guys. Decided to only have 1 today as the racing looks typical Bank hol cards. 3.25 Carlisle REGENTS SECRET 5pts ew @ 7/1 Sporting odds The horse always needs a few runs before striking form, last years form figures were 7-8-5-3 followed by a win at Carlisle & then a 2nd at same track. So far this year, the horse has finished 9-0-8 & now tackles the mile at Carlisle (well 20 yds short of a mile!).
Rob, I'm on it too, see my thread, done a write up on some of the contenders too:ok :hope :hope :hope :hope

Re: Bowles Flat Racing thread 2007 I got to Birmingham for the Poker night, saw Sierra Vista had won earlier in the day and wondered if you'd backed it. Certain people have certain horses they follow - I remembered you being keen on this one and also Reverence last year. Nice winner. :ok Watched the Tobosa race yesterday, very impressed, Group horse in a handicap if ever you've seen one. Still running on strong. :) Unlucky with the Carlisle meeting today. :wall

Re: Bowles Flat Racing thread 2007 All at Sandown 7.15 Tam Lin 4/1 Paddy power 10pts win & Mighty EW 15/2 Sporting odds 5pts ew Looked at the bare facts & went for those proven over the trip as the others have question marks i.e too far or too short.!! 8.20 Sierra Vista 5pts ew SP this is a top sprint this year & the big guns have turned out. SV is in the form of its life & has to be taken here after demolishing the field at haydock last weekened. The ground puts me off Dandyman although i think the horse could be top sprinter this year so save that one for Ascot. Firenze is the danger & is a good hold up horse so will be there to collar my selection at the end. Just hope SV holds on.

Re: Bowles Flat Racing thread 2007 Todays bets Epsom 1.40 ECHELON 10pts win @ 9/4 Sporting odds Had a shout for this today based on a decent gallop this week on the easier ground. Handles the track ok & McEvoy rides the horse well. Epsom 2.10 RAIN STOPS PLAY 5pts ew @ 20/1 Ladbrokes No form this year to date but it came good this time last year & then went to record 3 successes, one of them on this track. Lightly weighted & should be thereabouts today. Bath 7.30 JUCE OF HEARTS 5pts ew @ 12/1 Betfred Trainer spearing has a good record in this type of race at Bath, lightly raced & can go close at a nice price. Goodwood 7.20 FOXHAVEN 5pts ew @ 20/1 Betfred You should only ever back this horse at this track as it seems to love the place. Back into listed company tonight but the course stats are enough to give it a chance.

Re: Bowles Flat Racing thread 2007 Early start today as going to the Derby! 2.00 Epsom JEER 5pts ew @ 7/1 Paddy Power Ran a very good race when 2nd at York on its handicap debut & could return to winning ways today. 2.30 Epsom MISTER HARDY 10pts win @ 5/1 Paddy power Cracking looks the danger but the fact that my selection doesnt get a penalty for its 2 wins may prove enough on the day. 3.30 Epsom GREEN MANALISHI 5pts ew @ 7/1 Ladbrokes Has the ideal stands side high draw & race should be run to suit with a predicted fast pace. Needs to be up with the pace to avoid the gaps closing. Loch Verdi is very interesting from stall 4 if it can get across early against most of these seasoned handicappers. 4.20 Epsom Havent followed the 3yo form much this year but no doubt Authorized was impressive at York. On times, Soldier of Fortune has to be respected & Admiraloffleet. I will look at those 3 to bring home forecasts, tricasts & also some EW on the last 2. 5.40 Epsom PRINCE NAMID 10pts win @ SP The trainer would have had this race in mind when just failing last year in same race. Gets in on a low weight & will be thereabouts again.

Early start today as going to the Derby! 2.00 Epsom JEER 5pts ew @ 7/1 Paddy Power always in rear opened 6/1 £3000-£500 Each Way 2.30 Epsom MISTER HARDY 10pts win @ 5/1 Paddy power in touch, ridden over 3f out, soon lost place and weakened quickly over 2f out opened 7/2 £12000-£3000 £8000-£2000 £4000-£1000 £2000-£500 3.30 Epsom GREEN MANALISHI 5pts ew @ 7/1 Ladbrokes 5th in touch, mid-division, ridden and every chance 1f out, no extra inside final furlong opened 11/2 touched 13/2 £3250-£500 Each Way £12000-£2000 £4800-£800 5.40 Epsom PRINCE NAMID 10pts win @ SP 2nd mid-division, not clear run and switched right 2f out, ran on to go 2nd inside final furlong, no chance with easy winner opened 5/1 touched 9/2 £3750-£750 Each Way £2500-£500 Each Way .
poor day yesterday on a tricky card. Bets 22 Wins/places 11 Staked 220pts Returned 345pts P/L +125pts

Hamilton 3.35 REGENTS SECRET 10pts win Always runs well here with figures of 3-5-1 over 15 runs at the track. Was fancied last week when meeting was abandoned.
finished well but unplaced, didnt get beat much, it deffo needs 9f this horse, so its gone in the notebook.

Re: Bowles Flat Racing thread 2007 Saturday selections 2.05 CABINET 10pts win @ 4/1 Sporting odds Definitely worth another chance after 4th on re-appearance behind Mr Aviator LTO at Goodwood. Longer trip should suit after it was outpaced at goodwood. Stoute's horses still running OK so hopefully a bit of value here @ 4/1. 3.10 PARADISE ISLE 10pts win @ 15/8 Sporting odds Thought this be a lot shorter than this as it is clearly the best horse in the race by far. Won this last term & need to forgive latest outing. Has a fav's chance no doubt. 3.40 WOLGAN VALLEY 10pts win @ SP The most progressive horse in the field. Second behind Swiss franc LTO & will improve for that outing. The form seems ok with Swiss France beaten by Hatta fort at Windsor last week which may turn out to be good race. 4.10 PRINCE EVELITH 10pts win @ 7/2 Sporting odds Snap up the price about this one. it will start 5/2 at least, Should improve again this season after a winning campaign last year.