** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 The 10th April of 2007 is a historical day for the Champs League I think. Can´t remember in a 7-1 victory in a Quarter Final second Leg. And AS Roma isn´t a friendly opponent - they won versus ManU in the first leg 2-1. Two english clubs are in the next round - EPL is the strongest league this season .... :tongue2

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4

The 10th April of 2007 is a historical day for the Champs League I think. Can´t remember in a 7-1 victory in a Quarter Final second Leg. And AS Roma isn´t a friendly opponent - they won versus ManU in the first leg 2-1. Two english clubs are in the next round - EPL is the strongest league this season .... :tongue2
BTW, the highest number of goals scored by a team in one CL match is 8 - the highest margin is a win by 7 goals if I'm not mistaken;) Almost equalled by ManU tonight - superb performance;)

Ill be taking the following for tonights games: 2.5u Valencia/ Chelsea over 2.0 @ 1.97 :nana :nana :nana 2u Valencia +0 @ 2.09 :sad :sad :sad 1u Valencia/ Chelsea- Draw/ Draw @ 4 :dude :dude :dude
No profit, but tommorow due to various parlays involving bayern over 2.0 goals a potential for 100% profit on outlay...:hope :hope :hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiqo viewpost.gif The 10th April of 2007 is a historical day for the Champs League I think. Can´t remember in a 7-1 victory in a Quarter Final second Leg. And AS Roma isn´t a friendly opponent - they won versus ManU in the first leg 2-1. Two english clubs are in the next round - EPL is the strongest league this season .... :tongue2
BTW, the highest number of goals scored by a team in one CL match is 8 - the highest margin is a win by 7 goals if I'm not mistaken;) Almost equalled by ManU tonight - superb performance;)
Yes but I never watched a match like this .... Manchester was definitily one of the best teams in europe in the 21th century tonight... And Rooney,Ronaldo and Carrick were the best players tonight in this match.

No profit, but tommorow but due to various parlays involving bayern over 2.0 goals a potential for 100% profit on outlay...:hope :hope :hope
Would be hard for you to earn some money with your bet. But best of luck for it. :hope

Just for curiosities sake why is that?
Cause I see another result here. Bayern is very compact at home and Milan will have a hard job to crack the Bayern defense. All of the possibles injuries are only tactics by Munich. Schweinsteiger and Co can play tomorrow only Demichelis is out with an injury.

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 hehehe, excellent man utd 7-1 roma, i remember some similar results in recent history of champions league : monaco 8-3 deportivo, juventus 7-0 olympiakos as for valencia v chelsea game, we all watched that chelsea deserved to be winner 100% no doupt, home team was so poor, so so scared, and so many mistakes, nothing else than away win should describe reality lets go to fresh : liverpool to win milan to win HT, i know it is dangerous, but milan is clearly the better team,however reminds me the story of "the old man and the sea" ,,,they simply can not play for ninety minutes, coz they are too old! first match in italy, milan was dominating for 70 minutes, they should be ahead 3-0 or more, but all of a sudden they collapsed, coz no energy at the age of 35 years old! is truth, i expect same scenario tomorrow, milan to take the lead in HT, and then, everything is possible bye bye boys, cheers :beer

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 While i respect 99% of people that post in this forum including those directly preceeding this post i do (as many do in any game...hence opinion) see this game going almost completely bayerns way... dont get me wrong i do not see milan as any kind of push overs however at this point in time Bayern will be too much..... ..... now consider this how did Milan REALLY play last week.... Shockingly thats how they were luky bayern were playing at a low capacity and yes i hear you saying Bayern played just as bad if not worse and i agree. This however does not mean that a repeat performance will occur in munich Van Bommel will bring so much to the team... so much that was missing. I would also like to draw your attention to another major change... and that is Kahn.... the return of one of the sturdiest and most reliable GK's in the world will bring alot back to Bayern.... last week the defence was inhibited to playing their normal game by the uncertainty that comes with a replacement in goals.... be sure the entire Bayern team will push forward a hell of alot more in the comfort of their own backyard. And finally while i see Milan perhaps scoring they are unlikely to cross multiple times as their away form in the past suggests unless Bayern conceed another penalty (If thats what its called :tongue2 ).... as for at least 2 goals being scored you cannot deny the fact that this is extreemely likey with 3 goals perhaps only a 60% chance.... if your thinking a repeat of todays chelsea game do not forget Bayern is not Valencia they will not stop at 1 and try to hold on..... anyway this is final on what i have taken.... 5u Bayern/AC over 2.0 goals @ 1.74 3u Bayern -1/4 @ 2.05 1.5u Bayern/AC over 2.0 - Val/Chel over 2.0 Double @ 3.39 Thinking about a bet to cover myself but i really dont think it will be necesary as at the very least i see a 1-1 draw.... but i'll make a score prediction to the home side: 3-1 ...... 5/10 (that is for bayern winning) Gl too you all.... stay :dude

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 no no, this the so called psychological factor " roma lost 7-1 today, so what milan is searching for", i totally disagree is sports here, is betting, i still beleive that milan is the better side, and not only this, to my eyes milan is BY FAR the better side, some doupts though due to age of some players as i explained milan to qualify ciao

Have to go against the grain here and tip Utd to make the semis. People talk of Rooney and Ronaldo not on form in Europe. Thats kack. Rooney took his goal incredible well in Rome. Ronaldo terrified the Roma defense and will continue to do so tomorrow nite. I have a feeling Evra may play tomorrow. I feel Utd will really go for Roma early on and try to get the crowd really behind them. I believe Utd will lead at half time 1-0. This will result in Roma coming to look for the away goal. Do not underestimate the loss of Perrota for Roma. Defensive lynchpin who sits in front of the back four. Cannot see Roma winning at Old Trafford tomorrow nite, so will lay Roma on Betfair. Also backed Utd to Qualify and lead at half time.
Unreal going tonite I must admit! Every bet coming in! For the record tomorrow I've backed Liverpool to win at 1.55 on betfair. Also backed Liverpool to lead at half time. Rdiculously large odds of 2.20 on betfair. Also have laid PSV as they havent a rats arsed in hell of winning at Anfield. Will probably go heavy on Liverpool again prior to kick off once Benitez names what I expect to be a very strong starting line up.

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Can't believe it's Italian football, they played like school kids. Spalletti made a horrible tactical mistake and it probably ruined his reputation. He opted for an open game with Vucinic up front and it cost him dearly. How many teams in the world could beat MU in an open game? Not many I reckon, and it's definitely not Roma. Going to Old Trafford to play an offensive game while holding 2-1 advantage from 1st leg... who the hell he thinks he is? It's a total underestimation, one of the most stupid decision I have ever seen. He should have played Taddei to take the game slowly, gradually cool off the home team's enthusiasm and look for chances on the break. In the 1st leg, they controlled the game well from the start and later on threw Vucinic in to convert domination into goal. Splletti got it all wrong this time. MU deserved to win, but 7-1 is just unreal.

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Hi all, New on the board. From Belgium. I expect a battle tonight in Münich. One of both teams go out of Europe and this could reflect in some frustration :spank. - 2 units on 1 red card @ 5.00 - 1 unit on 2 red cards or more @ 10.00 Which makes an odd of 3.33 when red shows up tonight :@. Seen the importance of the game, good enough for me. Good luck to all tonight :hope !!

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Guys i think its a difficult day!! **Liverpool-PSV:What about this game?No stress..No preasure....Which means an open game?I think Yes....For me over 2.5 goals is possible **Bayern-Milan:A real battle!!!!!!!!!!Milan want`s to score...I think Milan has the quality to score BUT we know that Bayern at Allianz Arena is very stong....Open game or close game?I think close game but my 6th sense says to me open game!I will follow my 6th sense...Over 2.5 goals too ........GL Guys.......Difficult day....Be Carefull!!!!!!!!!!

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Bayern over 2.5 Milan have the edge going into this game with the two away goals which means Bayern will need to most of the attacking while Milan will wait for the counter. Whoever scores will then open the game right up setting it up for a few goals. History is on the side of the over too with 4 of their last 5 clashes ending up with 3 or more goals scored. Liverpool -1.5 This tie is effectively dead and PSV acknowledge this by sending out an even more weakened team thna in the first leg as their first priority is the weakended clash to prserve their lead. Liverpool will want to ensure that there is no chance of an upset by quickly scoring a couple of goals and cruising it in for the rest of the game.

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventLiverpool vs. PSV
SelectionLiverpool -1 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date11/04/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.99 (Back)
ReasoningGame: Liverpool vs. PSV Pick: Liverpool -1 Odds/bookie: Pinnacle @ 1.99 7/10 Reasoning: Well didnt went for Lpool in the first leg, but today this is a must bet. They simply overshadowed the Dutch team in the first game and i cant see anything else happening today. PSV with even more injury trouble as both Alex and Krompkamp are out for them, so defence will be evne more shaky as it was in the 1st game. Altough Liverpool are already through i simply cant imagine they will play in front of their great supporters an friendly game. With the quality they posses, the fact they can field two teams of pretty much the same quality and the really bad form of PSV in last three weeks or so, this one is for taking. Also thinking about over 2.25 bet and i will probably take it as soon i will get some mo re updated info. Anyway the AH bet im taking right now as i really cant see the odds staying on par with the current offer.

Bayern over 2.5 Milan have the edge going into this game with the two away goals which means Bayern will need to most of the attacking while Milan will wait for the counter. Whoever scores will then open the game right up setting it up for a few goals. History is on the side of the over too with 4 of their last 5 clashes ending up with 3 or more goals scored. Liverpool -1.5 This tie is effectively dead and PSV acknowledge this by sending out an even more weakened team thna in the first leg as their first priority is the weakended clash to prserve their lead. Liverpool will want to ensure that there is no chance of an upset by quickly scoring a couple of goals and cruising it in for the rest of the game.
It's not ACM, but Bayern having an edge thanks to two away goals so the reasoning is correct only the teams are the other way round, mate;) All in all, the over in the Bayern game looks solid enough as does a home win, although I'm not betting on a side in it. The Liverpool clash should see a comfortable home win aas PSV can't see a tiny chance to get through and I can't see them causing so much trouble to the high-flyers of Liverpool. -1 AH also looks good;)

Taddei was named in the starters and something happend(don't know what)and he didn't play.
Yep, I saw his name in the starting lineup until the last minute and few minutes into the game, I realised that Vucinic was in. Probably Taddei was injured or something, or a last minute mindgame by Spalletti. If he really played that mindgame, then it's a stupid trick. If Taddei was out unexpectedly then it might be a good excuse for Roma humiliating defeat.

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 hello! for tonight i bet on Seedorf- goalscored in 90 minutes @11 Betfair to night milan play with one forward(inzaghi) and kaka and seedort in attack zone....on free kick the holland palyer and on long strike seedors is vey dangerous for the bayern....good luck ps...onour for united team with roma...good match yesterday...but remember the past and the present and future is for ever italian football is the best...in europe in world because we are the footbal

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 I don't think Bayern will sit back and wait for their chances on the break tonight. They know how deadly Milan can be with Kaka and a late goal may seal their fate. I predict a hard fought game, especially in midfield where both teams will try to control the game from. Milan's attacks are usually lauched from midfield and the same for Bayern. Milan will go all out to attack, Bayern will keep it tight at the back and break through the flanks, trying to utilise the aerial power of Pizzarro or Santa Cruz in deadball situations. It will be very exciting and I see goals, plenty. About Liverpool game, I don't know if the Reds will try to win big, 1-0 score is very likely. There's not much value in the AH, so I'll try HT/FT Liverpool. Stats show PSV are usually stronger in the 2nd half.

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 leaving the bayern game well alone tonight, could go either way. liverpool against psv is an interesting one, my final bets/stake will depend which team Sir Rafa puts out tonight, it wont be a weak side, our entire squad has quality running through it. pick 1 : Liverpool win 1.54 (main bet) pick 2 : Liverpool HT/FT 2.48 pick 3 : Bellamy to score 3.05 (providing he starts the game) gl, :hope

EventLiverpool x PSV
SelectionLiverpool
Strength10/10
Date11/04/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.54 (Back)
ReasoningAfter the defeat home for 3x0 with certainty the PSV must be if intent only in its national championship, where it is in the first position and will face the Twente in next Saturday, beyond the some desfalcations that will have today in the game, as Alex, Reiziger, Kronkamp, Mendez Jong, Alcides and Zeefuik. I believe that the Psv must know that its mission today in Anfield is almost impossible and therefore appositive in the Liverpool today

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 I have a question...everyone loves the overs in the Bayern game, and the line is still O 2, -140. I have to ask why this is...I thought for sure all these overs bettors would have pushed the line up to O 2.5 by now. Those are not great odds of course, but it's tempting to take because just 2 goals gets you a push...but every time I have done such a bet the final is 1-0.

Milan is far the better team?? With grandpa Maldini? Ha-ha-ha... Just watch the game tonight, and wonder! Milan will have NO CHANCE!
maldini? o my god.... maldini is old on paper...but is very young...i think you don't have tv in your house....when you wil in future the tv watch an match of paolo maldini...beacause maldini is very good form....maldini in this moment have big experience...in this mathc experience is very important :spank

EventBayern x Milan
Selectiondraw (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date11/04/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.35 (Lay)
ReasoningFor the same reason that I bet yesterday against draw in chelsea x valencia I will go to bet against draw since game. The Bayern has the advantage of draw for until a goal, but it must know that playing against the Milan it must not have this thought. In my opinion it can give any result here, but draw is less probable. The Milan with certainty has capacity to be successful playing away exactly and the Bayern showed in the first game that can also be successful.