** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4

header.jpg Odds from odds-comparison
Tuesday 10 April 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Man Utd v Roma (19:45 BST)1.723.606.30102%Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapCorners Asian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerNext GoalscorerAnytime GoalscorerLast Goalscorer- - -Qualify2nd Half PenaltyAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreBookings PointsBoth Teams To ScoreClean SheetCorner HandicapCornersCorners 1st HalfCorners Match BetCorners O/UDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Carded TeamFirst Corner TeamFirst Corner Team 1st HalfFirst Corner Team 2nd HalfFirst Goal TimeFirst Goal Time 2nd HalfFirst Team to ScoreGoals x CornersHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredHome Team First Goal TimeKick-OffLast Corner TeamLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPenalty AwardedQuadpickRed CardSecond Goal TimeShirt NumbersSubstitutions UsedTeam To Score 2+Team To Score 3+Team To Score 4+Team To Score 5+Teams To ScoreTo Score a Hat-trickTo Score a HeaderTo Score from Inside the BoxTo Score from Outside the BoxTo Score with the FootTo Win to NilTotal Cards In MatchTotal Cards O/UTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st HalfTotal Goals 2nd HalfWin Both HalvesWin Either Half
Valencia v Chelsea (19:45 BST)2.953.202.75102%Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapCorners Asian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerNext GoalscorerAnytime GoalscorerLast Goalscorer- - -Qualify2nd Half PenaltyAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreBookings PointsBoth Teams To ScoreClean SheetCorner HandicapCornersCorners 1st HalfCorners Match BetCorners O/UDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Carded TeamFirst Corner TeamFirst Corner Team 1st HalfFirst Corner Team 2nd HalfFirst Goal TimeFirst Goal Time 2nd HalfFirst Team to ScoreGoals x CornersHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredHome Team First Goal TimeKick-OffLast Corner TeamLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPenalty AwardedQuadpickRed CardSecond Goal TimeShirt NumbersSubstitutions UsedTeam To Score 3+Team To Score 4+Team To Score 5+Teams To ScoreTo Score a Hat-trickTo Score a HeaderTo Score from Inside the BoxTo Score from Outside the BoxTo Score with the FootTo Win to NilTotal Cards In MatchTotal Cards O/UTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st HalfTotal Goals 2nd HalfWin Both HalvesWin Either Half
Wednesday 11 April 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Bayern München v AC Milan (19:45 BST)2.373.253.60101%Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerNext GoalscorerAnytime GoalscorerLast Goalscorer- - -QualifyAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreBoth Teams To ScoreClean SheetCornersDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredHome Team First Goal TimeKick-OffLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPenalty AwardedQuadpickSecond Goal TimeTeams To ScoreTo Score a Hat-trickTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st Half
Liverpool v PSV (19:45 BST)1.564.008.00102%Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerNext GoalscorerAnytime GoalscorerLast Goalscorer- - -QualifyAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreBoth Teams To ScoreClean SheetCornersDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHome Team First Goal TimeKick-OffLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderQuadpickSecond Goal TimeTeams To ScoreTo Score a Hat-trickTo Score a HeaderTo Score from Inside the BoxTo Score from Outside the BoxTo Score with the FootTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st Half

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 For Tuesday's games Roma +0.5 @2.17. Roma are in control of this tie with their 2-1 win at the Olimpico. ManU will press alot more than they did in Rome. Roma will go with the same gameplan they had @Lyon, using counterattacks. I expect Roma to find that away goal probably through some Mancini or Totti creativity and hold on for a trip to the semis. Valencia/Chelsea Draw @3.10. Valencia did exactly what they had to @Stamford Bridge to grab the away goal. I expect a similar game to the 2nd leg vs Inter. Wouldn't it be amazing to see Valencia in the semis with 4 straight draws, although this one may go to extra time.

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Wednesday's match: AC Milan @3.10. Milan need the result to have any chance as I don't see this game being another 2-2 draw. Despite playing on the orad Milan will be patient looking for the 1-0 win. In last weeks game Milan dominated for much of the game and really could have been 2 or 3 nil up by the time Bayern found their way back into the game. A similar performance should see Milan through.

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Manchester United: Van der Sar; O'Shea, Ferdinand, Brown, Heinze Cristiano Ronaldo, Michael Carrick, Darren Fletcher, Ryan Giggs; Rooney Solskjaer. Man Utd. are missing defensive duo Gary Neville and Evra. Scholes will miss also miss the game after his red card in Rome while the loss of Vidic in central defence is another big loss. Rooney, despite his goal in the first leg, hasn't scored at home in Europe since 2004 while Ch.Ronaldo has failed to net in 27 European ties. Add in the loss of Saha to injury and suddenly we're in the unusual situation of wondering where United's goals will come from? What's more Roma have conceded just four goals in the Champions League this season - no team can better that defensive record. We all saw Man Utd being kind of tootless beast against Portsmouth (1-2) this weekend. I am not impressed by the lines-up for the game Vs AS Roma and my bet will be: AS ROMA (+0.50/+1.00) @1.97

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Have to go against the grain here and tip Utd to make the semis. People talk of Rooney and Ronaldo not on form in Europe. Thats kack. Rooney took his goal incredible well in Rome. Ronaldo terrified the Roma defense and will continue to do so tomorrow nite. I have a feeling Evra may play tomorrow. I feel Utd will really go for Roma early on and try to get the crowd really behind them. I believe Utd will lead at half time 1-0. This will result in Roma coming to look for the away goal. Do not underestimate the loss of Perrota for Roma. Defensive lynchpin who sits in front of the back four. Cannot see Roma winning at Old Trafford tomorrow nite, so will lay Roma on Betfair. Also backed Utd to Qualify and lead at half time.

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4

Have to go against the grain here and tip Utd to make the semis. People talk of Rooney and Ronaldo not on form in Europe. Thats kack. Rooney took his goal incredible well in Rome. Ronaldo terrified the Roma defense and will continue to do so tomorrow nite. I have a feeling Evra may play tomorrow. I feel Utd will really go for Roma early on and try to get the crowd really behind them. I believe Utd will lead at half time 1-0. This will result in Roma coming to look for the away goal. Do not underestimate the loss of Perrota for Roma. Defensive lynchpin who sits in front of the back four. Cannot see Roma winning at Old Trafford tomorrow nite, so will lay Roma on Betfair. Also backed Utd to Qualify and lead at half time.
Agree with you here. Moreover, I just read info on soccernet that Totti might miss out and this is a huge blow if he did miss out. So now possibly Perrota + Totti missing and that wouldn't do Roma any good.

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 THERE IS A GOD!!!!!!:nana :nana :nana :nana :nana BET OF THE YEAR!!!!!!:nana :nana :nana :nana :nana 10u on Bayern/AC over 2.0 goals @ 1.75 (Back to hell) edit: This price is @ iasbet i think Canbet will offer same Ok so mayb i exagerated a little bit but noone can deny that this would have to be the best bet of this leg.... while 2 goals only refunds the bet i just cannot see the game ending under a 1-1 draw.... perhaps these odds are based on bayern playing down to take advantage of their 2 away goals however unless they are braindead they will not be doing this. In simple words to qualify Bayern MUST score. For the cautious punter or for those who lost similar amounts betting over 2.5 goals on the recent Tottenham/Reading game you may want to take insurance betting on AC 1-0 or something i will probably go with -0/-0.5 on bayern @ 2.05 however i havent looked at the game enough but 31 of Bayerns fixtures this year have ended over 2.0 as well as all of Bayerns CL games over the past 2 years have ended with 2 goals or more (except for both Sporting Lisbon games this year). However im ranting i know but i do in all honesty believe this is an extreemely solid bet infact........10/10.......:tongue2 :tongue2 :tongue2

THERE IS A GOD!!!!!!:nana :nana :nana :nana :nana BET OF THE YEAR!!!!!!:nana :nana :nana :nana :nana 10u on Bayern/AC over 2.0 goals @ 1.75 (Back to hell) edit: This price is @ iasbet i think Canbet will offer same Ok so mayb i exagerated a little bit but noone can deny that this would have to be the best bet of this leg.... while 2 goals only refunds the bet i just cannot see the game ending under a 1-1 draw.... perhaps these odds are based on bayern playing down to take advantage of their 2 away goals however unless they are braindead they will not be doing this. In simple words to qualify Bayern MUST score. For the cautious punter or for those who lost similar amounts betting over 2.5 goals on the recent Tottenham/Reading game you may want to take insurance betting on AC 1-0 or something i will probably go with -0/-0.5 on bayern @ 2.05 however i havent looked at the game enough but 31 of Bayerns fixtures this year have ended over 2.0 as well as all of Bayerns CL games over the past 2 years have ended with 2 goals or more (except for both Sporting Lisbon games this year). However im ranting i know but i do in all honesty believe this is an extreemely solid bet infact........10/10.......:tongue2 :tongue2 :tongue2
Well I don't agree with you. Maybe this will happen, but it's sure not the bet of the year. The same thing I read yesterday and I loose lot of money (Charlton). I have watched first game and both teams play not such good football. The last win in Bundesliga against Hannover was tight. I know its not the same competition, but for me not sure bet over 2.5. So I see this game like 0-0 or 1-1.

Why is the price so huge for Chelsea? 2.78 at betfair? I don't think Valencia has enough quality to stop Chelsea.
Mate I think Chelsea is not better team than Valencia. Valencia play fast football, the ball is always in moving. And this is great chance for semi-finals. I don't think they will miss this season. :) On the other hand nobody expect that Chelsea will lose. Well maybe not, but if this match ends with 0:0 draw... Anyway good luck to all. :clap

Well I don't agree with you. Maybe this will happen' date=' but it's sure not the bet of the year. The same thing I read yesterday and I loose lot of money (Charlton). I have watched first game and both teams play not such good football. The last win in Bundesliga against Hannover was tight. I know its not the same competition, but for me not sure bet over 2.5. So I see this game like 0-0 or 1-1.[/quote'] Well allow me to retort....:tongue2 I was exagerating greatly.... and in no way is it the bet of the year however i would like to point out a few things that i failed to mention earlier in my haste.... Some say that they thing thats produces results in footbal is motivation... if a team comes in to a game with no reason to win (in this case score) then it is fair to say that team is more unlikely to win than if motivated to win. In this case i see a situation where both of these teams NEED to win and therefore score goals: That is that AC as much as i dont like to admit it is a powerhouse... they have great players and a attack force that is nothing to take lightly, Hitzfeld and Bayern players will know this, they will also know almost as well that even putting every man behind the ball is unlikely to stop AC from putting one in the back of the net, and hence they will play accordingly and feel that they MUST score to qualify.... On the opposite side of the fence simply put AC MUST score for obvious reasons. So with this combined motivation i guess whats left to answer for is do these two teams have the ability to score????? My answer is a confident YES.... now i know primarily you are doubting Bayerns ability (Not something that should be done often or it will hurt you as it did to many people in the last round). With Van Bommel and Pizarro comming back in for them the creativity that has been lacking in recent time is likely to come flowing back add to this the option of podolski and we're talking pressure for AC defence that im not at all confident that they can handle for the whole 90min.... Also Hargreaves, schweinsteiger and Makaay will draw on bommel and pizarro for a much needed confidence boost.... On the oppsite side of AC even tho both gilardino (booking) and Inzaghi (Injury) are out with an all class midfield AC shouldnt have to much trouble putting pressure on an at times questionable Bayern defence. As im sure many people have pointed out and found out in the past through loss that football is a crazy game and crazy things happen at times its just mind numbing how difficult it is to predict even the simpilist events. The way i see this game going it will come down to the first half... a goal from either side will spark the other into life, while it may be a somewhat conservative game in the first 20 (I say somewhat because i believe that bayern will be eager to put one in to seal qualification) after this time arives these teams will realise this is a 2nd leg CL final that must be won, the alternative... elimination, an option neither of these teams wants to face and while the bet is not certain im not suggesting it is but hey odds of 1.75 are far from needing to be certain..... Am i right.... or Am i right??? :tongue2 :tongue2 :tongue2 :tongue2 And hey which ever way you go with this GL

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 ManU - Roma ManU Clean Sheet? - No 1.78 at betfair ManU miss some defensive players. They need to score and will go forward from the first minute. That will open them for Roma counters. I found good value in Roma to score. Good luck all :hope :dude

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Manchester United continued their indifferent away form in the Champions League when they left Roma’s, Stadio Olimpico on the end of a 2-1 defeat, In the circumstance, that wasn’t a terrible result. The Red Devils had to contend with a hostile atmosphere and the handicap of playing the final 50 minutes with just 10 men after Paul Scholes saw red. He will now miss the return leg at Old Trafford, where an unconvincing makeshift defence, featuring John O’Shea and Wes Brown, cannot afford any more slip-ups. One of the real positives for Sir Alex to take out of the game was Wayne Rooney’s first goal in the competition since his debut in 2004. Having got that monkey off his back, Rooney could be the man to provide such magic at the Theatre of Dreams on Wednesday night. Roma coach, Luciano Spalletti, may rightly feel that his side didn’t take full advantage of their numerical superiorit. Rooney’s goal was the real dampener on an evening where Roma had things their way, but the problem for Spalletti is that is unlikely to be the case at Old Trafford. The Giallorossi can take confidence from their excellent 2-0 win away to Lyon in the previous round, where their counter-attacking tactic - epitomised by a unique formation that utilises no out-an-out strikers – worked like clockwork. However, United are one of the most attacking teams in front of their own fans, and it will take a gladiatorial performance by the Romans to keep United at bay for 90 minutes. Pick: Man Utd 1 Roma 0. Roma will be very tight at the back for a struggling scoring Utd but they need the clean sheet themselves and can nick this to progress.

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Chelsea Must Take Initiative at Mestalla The English Premiership champions from the past two seasons must show their strength on the continent, knowing that only a win will guarantee their passage into the semi-finals. As against Porto in the last 16, Chelsea conceded first against Valencia at Stamford Bridge last Wednesday night, in a game which ended 1-1. That hands the Spaniards a crucial advantage, as they must now simply repeat the heroics of their home game against Inter Milan in the last 16, where away goals advantage from the first leg proved enough to see them through on a stalemate. The Blues have failed to live up to their billing as European Champions in waiting, and have slipped from the head of the outright market Chelsea will have to take the bull by the horns in Spain, but Valencia’s excellent record at the Mestalla is formidable, including just three Champions League defeats. Roman Abramovich has bankrolled the signings of some of the world’s most expensive football talents, and this game is where they need to justify their price-tags. Pick: Valencia 2 Chelsea 1 Valencia can contain Chelsea on home soil as the blues are far from impressive of late, and then we will get the backlash on Sunday:sad

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Hard called: 1.77 from betsafe for Manchester to win. Manchester vs Roma All Old Trafford will boost the Red Devils for the big revenge after the first leg (lost by 2-1 and played with Paul Scholes red carded alreardy during the first half). Ferguson must prepare the perfect match, cause Roma is running so fast in their attack plannings. The home team will miss always Neville, Silvestre and Vidic in backfront line; Park and Scholes in the middle. Recovered the left back Evra. Roma missed Perrotta, Tonetto and with Tavano out of european matches, will start with Totti as advanced striker, waiting for the support of Mancini and Taddei, while Wilhelmsson will take the right side and De Rossi will cover the defense. Key of the matches will be the approach of Cristiano Ronaldo and Rooney, but to watch for Giggs personality (IMO the value added). Roma, leaded by Totti, will count over the fast sides (Mancini and Wilhelmsson) and Taddei always unpredictable. To watch also for Pizarro ability to take the lead of the middle zone, missing Paul Scholes by the other side. If Manchester will hold close the back front, then I guess the home side will find the winner score.

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Just a suggestion: Chelsea to qualify at 2.10 with St.James. Valencia vs Chelsea No value about regulars in this tip. Valencia, for the second time, will gest a draw result at home ground (in the 1/8 finals they drew, on the road, against Inter by 2-2 and so they went through with an home draw by 0-0). They will stand in the same state tonight: the main differnce is the result of the first result (1-1) that leaves IMO so full of uncertain the return leg, cause Valencia can choose to play an attendist match (like they did against Inter, but they suffered so much), or they can hold under pressure, like good part of the first leg, Chelsea, limited their attack game. In both cases I think that Chelsea has the chances to score tonight: depsite the haven't shown amazing attack game, in build construction, in the last matches, they have so many players able under the net and Essien back is a card more to play. Valencia has the talent of Silva and Villa and a solid defense, to add the factor field of Mestalla (even if Chelsea has already played, without too many regards, at Camp Nou, showing their real strongness). I think for extratimes final and a preference for Chelsea to progress.

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Valencia vs Chelsea
Selection Chelsea DNB
Strength 8/10
Date 10/04/2007
Bookmaker/Price Centrebet @ 1.91 (Back)
Reasoning Valencia is currently under the same situation when they face Inter in the previous stage. They are approaching this game with away goal advantage and is hugely popular to prevail at Mestala. However, the Valencia that faces Inter would be different from the one facing Chelsea. Valencia will be missing few important players in the form of Baraja, Vicente, Edu, and Machena. They will regain Morientes back but I will always to stick to my principle that a player who came back from an injury would need time to hit top form again. Last week, Valencia were under pressure for the whole match and a moment of brilliance from David Silva changed their fortune. However, its undeniable that Mestala is a fortress in European competition with its superb record for Valencia and we will probably see a different Valencia side than one who relies on fast counter-attacking football in Stamford Bridge. Despite that, I think Chelsea could at least obtain a draw here. Nevertheless, a win is not impossible either. Jose Mourinho will be taking this match seriously since its the only competition he hasn't won since reigning as the new Chelsea boss. We can see that he rest Ballack and Shevchenko in the weekend game as they are both 2 proven Champions League player. Some might argue that its simply Mourinho rotational policy since Chelsea have a lot of depth in their squad. To note though, Ballack has played in all Chelsea CL games this season and Shevchenko is CL veteran from his time in AC. It is expected for Chelsea to attack since they need the goal. While Valencia should also play some positive football tonight since defending the whole 90 minutes is a bad move against teams like Chelsea. One mistake can be costly. With both side have reasons to attack, its 50 - 50 for me really for who will win the game. With Chelsea having a better midfield line-up arguably at present, this could just prove to be the difference.

ManU - Roma ManU Clean Sheet? - No 1.78 at betfair ManU miss some defensive players. They need to score and will go forward from the first minute. That will open them for Roma counters. I found good value in Roma to score. Good luck all :hope :dude
I agree with you pal!I think for the same reasons over 2.5 goals is possible!We know what means Man.United at home......goals goals goals...

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 I think cheslk and valencia has 0-0 allover it, I fancy utd to sneak it at old trafford with a late goal for 1-0. in fairness when their is quality in every team allover the park anything can happen at this level - ill be puting very minimal stakes on the above correct scores as singles anda double.

I agree with you pal!I think for the same reasons over 2.5 goals is possible!We know what means Man.United at home......goals goals goals...
I don't know, i'm not convinced about goals in this game purely because Man Utd are missing a focal point up front - someone to hold it up and Roma will go there for a draw and sit back. I can see a 1-1.

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Two difficult matches to call tonight. United are rightly favourites but I just get the feeling they could well go out tonight. Defensively they are letting themselves down and that could be the key. I don't see Roma winning at Old Trafford but they could very well get a goal and that springs the tie wide open. I suspect this one will be very tight and I'm staying out of it. Valencia vs Chelsea is a very intriguing match. In some ways it reminds me of Deportivo vs Porto in 2004, when Mourinho beat the Spaniards 1-0 in La Coruña having drawn the 1st leg 0-0. Like yesterday, back them he seemed to signal he would be looking to attack as he needed to score to go through. In truth he bluffed. I rather suspect he might well play a similar line tonight, hold out, control the match and try to knock Valencia on the counter. They can afford a game of patience; he will be telling players that even if they go a goal down they only need a goal to even the tie. Chelsea do not seduce at all but still they keep grinding out results. Physically they always look very strong they should hang on well if the match goes the distance. Over the last 2 years Mourinho has gone out to the eventual champion - Liverpool and Barcelona. Were history to repeat itself here we would be looking at an European champion Valencia side. Are they good enough for that ? I wouldn't think that they are. But then again Chelsea are not to be fully trusted judging on their performances - if not on their results. I still see Mourinho nicking this one but again it takes a bit of courage to have an outright bet on this matchup.

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 ok,i agree that man utd is a totally different team when playing home, but roma are not mugz at all, to my eyes italians are better team, we all watching them nearly every sunday in campionato as for the other clash, i expect a similar game like the one valencia v inter, the spaniards will not allow even an inche free space for chelsea players, here my picks : Roma to qualify Valencia to qualify Roma Under Valencia Under Chelsea not to score, total number of goals in the match :0-1 correct score : valencia win 1-0, or 0-0 draw bye bye

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Man Utd over 2.5 Man Utd now that the only way they can win this game is to score goals. Scoring one will get them through but defensively they have numerous problems. So they will be attacking from the first minute to get at least a couple of goals and then to hold on from there. Roma play a counter attacking style of game and will be comfortable to sit back to wait for the opportunities as Man Utd seek the goals. I expect Roma to get at least one as they find holes in defence that is missing two of their regular defenders Valencia win Chelsea look very jaded and as seen in the first leg, struggled to find holes in the Valencia defence. They realise that they need to be more aggressive but Valencia are a patient side and will wait for the counter attacking opportunities that will present themselves. Look to Valencia to get that one goal and hold on for the win

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Well, the CL is getting ready to go into the semi-final round. With Liverpool having essentially gone through, three spots are still open. At this level, any result is really possible. Nevertheless, I see Chelsea, Man United and Bayern joining Liverpool in the semis. Here are my picks with some reasoning: Match:

Manchester United – Roma (10/04/2007)

Tip/s:

Manchester Win @ 1.66 (Bet365) 10/10

Reasoning:

Man U has played winning football all year in all competitions including being at the top of the English Premier League for nearly the whole season. Roma has played well and has languished in 2nd place of the Italian League for most of the season. I really can’t see the likely Premier champions not winning in a must game against the second place team from a league that is really not up to scratch when compared to the Premier League. Furthermore, Roma’s 2-1 win in the first game was mitigated by the fact that Man U. played with 10 players for most of the game. Ronaldo proved very dangerous, especially in the 2nd half, and a repeat performance in Manchester should put the Italian team in trouble. It is quite simple, Manchester simply needs to win in order to progress to the semi-finals and I can’t see them letting the opportunity slip from their hands while playing at home. Surely, it would be a let down for the fans after a glorious season up until now. Man U to win!

Match:

Valencia – Chelsea (10/04/2007)

Tip/s:

Chelsea Win @ 2.70 (Interwetten) 10/10

Reasoning:

Player for player, Chelsea is arguably the best football team in the world. Valencia is a good team, but they are not great. In the first game, Valencia scored a spectacular (difficult to repeat) goal and then sat on the goal. In the second half, Chelsea was clearly dominant. Still, the 1-1 result put Valencia in the driver’s seat in terms of promotion to the semi-finals. However, Valencia will have some missings in the mid-field and this will hurt their chances of controlling the game. Furthermore, one must consider the experience and know-how of Mourinho. He has been here before and has gone on to win the CL with Porto. The CL crown is the one that has evaded Mourinho while at Chelsea and he wants it! Mourinho is a master at motivating and I think he will be able to urge on some of the best players in the world to win the match against Valencia. When will you find Chelsea at these odds? Chelsea win!

Match:

Bayern Munich – AC Milan (10/04/2007)

Tip/s:

Bayern Munich Win @ 2.20 (Bet365) 10/10

Reasoning:

Bayern’s last minute goal in the first game put the German side in the driver’s seat following the 2-2-end result. What was clear from the first game is that Bayern are the faster and more physical team. Milan was helped, in the end, by a questionable penalty, which gave them a 2-1 lead with only a few minutes to play. For most of the second half, Milan showed that they couldn’t play very easily against a fast and physical team. I can’t see Bayern passing up the opportunity to advance to the semi-finals. Although they could still go through with a 0-0 or 1-1 draw, I can’t see them taking such a risk. Bayern will be all out for a quick lead and ultimate victory. Bayern Munich to win! Good luck to all!!

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 From Uefa web site: Ibrahim Afellay, Jan Kromkamp, Edison Méndez, Michael Reiziger and Alex are all absent through injury, while forward Diego Tardelli damaged his ankle in training today and is uncertain to play at Anfield. PSV have huge troubles now, as Ajax and AZ have closed the gap to and it's 2 points only. I'd say Koeman Gave up on this game, but who knows what team will Benitez field for this match...

From Uefa web site: Ibrahim Afellay, Jan Kromkamp, Edison Méndez, Michael Reiziger and Alex are all absent through injury, while forward Diego Tardelli damaged his ankle in training today and is uncertain to play at Anfield. PSV have huge troubles now, as Ajax and AZ have closed the gap to and it's 2 points only. I'd say Koeman Gave up on this game, but who knows what team will Benitez field for this match...
Even at 1-2 i think Liverpool are value. Expect Gerrard, Carragher et al to start to make sure the game is sewn up by halftime then Rafa will make changes.

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Going for bookings in the Valencia V Chelsea game. Over 5.5 cards on Bet365's bookings asian handicap @ 1.85 looks value to me. Chelsea will be committed and usually get a few bookings, whilst Valencia generally get a few bookings - remember the last round against Inter?! Sending off @ 4.0 blue s q might be worth a dabble too. Cant see either of these going out without a fight. If you think it might kick off big time, blue s q have both teams to have man sent off @ 17.0 Man U look a bit short to me, Roma are a decent enough side and Scholes will be missed. Not sure yet but may lay Man U @ 1.8 in the 1X2

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 i still think Man yoo have enough guns in Rooney & Ronaldo, but the key man for me could be Giggs, he's been there and done nights like this before, his experience could be vital. i just have a feeling Roma will sit back and defend deep, and we all know you cant play that way against man yoo as they will pick you off. Scholes missing is not great, neither a weakened backline, still think they wim jam there way through though. dont really think the 1.77 BF win for man u is great value, so wont go mad betting on this game. :\

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventMan Utd x Roma
SelectionMan Utd
Strength10/10
Date10/04/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.77 (Back)
ReasoningThe Manchester United necessary to win Rome today to continue in champions league and I believe that they will obtain. Manchester will play without Neville, Vidic, Sylvester, Park, Saha and Scholes but the team has potential and will obtain the victory. If Ronaldo and Ronney to play well, find the team of Rome difficult to obtain one draw