** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Last Minute Goal Hands Advantage to Munich Bayern Munich defender, Daniel Van Buten, was the unlikely sources of goals for the German champions in their 2-2 draw at the San Siro. The second was literally the last kick of the game, and could prove crucial in settling the tie. Munich will feel comfortable of defending their away goal advantage at the Allianz Arena, having drawn with the Italians in the final 16 of last season’s competition, aiming to reverse the eventual outcome, which saw the Rossoneri progress at Munich’s expense. The late goal in Italy left a sour taste in the mouth for Milan coach, Carlo Ancelotti, who admitted that his side tired towards the end. The result brings in to focus the importance of AC ending the Italian season well. Should they fail to get a result in Germany, they would need to pick themselves up and rally in Serie A, or face failure to qualify for next season’s Champions League which would inevitably lead to the loss of big names such as Kaka. Unfortunately for Ancelotti he doesn’t have many aces up his sleeve, so will have to trust that the players who fell short at the San Siro can raise their game in the return leg. I fancy Munich tonight big style, Kahn back and the deadly Schweinsteiger playing I think its going to be a bad week for the Italians.:ok

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Reds’ boss, Rafa Benitez, has warned against complacency, citing his own side’s comeback from 3-0 down against Milan in the 2005 final, and the two heavy cup defeats Liverpool suffered at home to Arsenal in January (6-3 & 3-1). However, in private the Spaniard will already be planning for the semi’s. On the back of their impressive team performance, the Scousers have for the first time during this Champions League campaign, assumed favouritism for the title. Their result in Holland must however be viewed in the context of PSV’s injury problems. They were hit hard by the absence of defender Alex, and forward, Arouna Kone, neither of whom will be available for the return leg, while Jefferson Farfan is now also doubtful. The only black mark for Liverpool was the injury to defender, Fabio Aurelio, who’s season is over, but they have plenty of able deputies. The successful evening was capped by Dirk Kuyt’s ‘tactical yellow card’ which rules him out for the return leg, but assures his availability for the semi-finals, where a much sterner test is guaranteed. Pick: Over 2.5 goals @ 2.35 with Bet365

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Liverpool (-0.75) @ 1.72 PSV are out of form, I doubt they think they have even a small chance to beat Liverpool with the margin needed, and, maybe most important, have to focus on the leauge and keep their 1st place, cause after 4 matches without a win Ajax are a real threat. Alex is still missing, also Kronkamp, Reiziger, Mendez Jong , Alcides and Zeefuik out. Even if Liverpool won't field their strongest line up I very much doubt that they will let this match slip away in front of their home crowd at Anfield, no way. I predict that Liverpool will come out with their usual confidence and high pressure on the opponants and I very much doubt that PSV can handle this. Liverpool win with more than one goal looks like a good bet. Bayern München v AC Milan over 2 goals @ 1.71 Milan have to score, Bayern will most likely not attack as much as usual, but will get opportunities to counterattack, also I can't see Bayern playing for a draw, not their kind of football and it would be very risky. I think the reasons for backing more than two goals are well known by now.

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Pair: Bayern Munich - Ac Milan Pick: Bayern Munich to win Ac Milan this season is a kack. Milan is not even approximately the same team it was in the last few years, and they are uncapable of doing anything in Munich. They lost all their bigger matches this season and obviously are having problems with the bigger teams. Bayern plays on its own ground, and is far better motivated for the revenge.

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 I just hope Liverpool don't score 1 goal and then sit back for 80 mins :zzz :zzz and contain PSV which they are more than capable of doing but for neutral fans its all the making of a boring match. They should send a message out like Man Utd did last night. 1pt each on 4-0,5-0,6-0.;) Can someone please email this to Craig Bellamy and tell him its Carl from Blackburn and to pull his fooking finger out tonight;)

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Bayern isn't that good this season but neither is Milan, but one will go to the semis. I believe in Milan tonight, they gave nothing to Bayern at the San Siro and were unfortunate to concede twice. Milan AH (0) @2.22 is what I will be playing today, as I don't see Milan losing unless Bayern hits them on the break late. Also Kaka is the one true difference maker in this game, and I believe he will make it.

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 I have put 15pts on Liverpool HT/FT at 2.48. I think if Liverpool are in front at HT they will win the game. PSV have to attack from fairly early on which should mean an open first half which could suit Liverpool. PSV are carrying alot of injuries and looked very poor in the first leg in their own tight stadium which does not suggest they will cause Liverpool great problems. If Liverpool do get ahead they may well settle for 1-0 type score to avoid injuries and suspensions. Which means closing the game down if they get a lead.

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Bayern hosting Milan in this return leg after 2:2 in Milano. I expect much more calm game then the first one. Bayern can control things cause 0:0 and 1:1 both are OK for them. I expect Milan to hold Bayern for as much as they can and search for that one vital goal. In first match they showed more but got only 2:2 result in the end. Now it's time to see if they are really worth playing in semis. I'll try with them to win, betfair @3.4. Aswell as total goals: 1, gamebookers @4.25. GL~

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Liverpool hosting PSV. They practically had the job done in first leg beating their rival 3:0. Now they must finish in style and win also this second game cause of their fans in the first place. But I don't expect some walk over. Slim victory will do it. I will bet Pool to win by one, Interwetten @3.7. GL~

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4

Rafa Benitez has rung the changes for tonight's Champions League quarter-final second leg tie against PSV Eindhoven at Anfield.
Chelsea await the winners of this tie in the last four and Liverpool hold a 3-0 lead from the first game a week ago. Team in full: Reina, Arbeloa, Agger, Hyypia, Riise, Zenden, Alonso, Sissoko, Pennant, Crouch, Bellamy. Subs – Dudek, Gerrard, Fowler, Gonzalez, Mascherano, Carragher, Paletta.

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 I like Liverpools team this evening. Very attack minded in my opinion. Couple of great bets this evening in my opinion. Liverpool to win 1.53 Betfair Liverpool to score first 1.50 Betfair Liverpool V PSV Over 1.5goals 1.41 Betfair The Bayern - Milan game could go either way to be honest. Could be a tight 0-0 or else could an open game of 2-2! Who knows. Two teams who on their day could rip you apart. Must say that after beating Real Madrid in last round. If Bayern get past Milan. They'd have Man Utd in the semi. Thats some route to a European cup final!!!

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 2 bets on for me tonight.... 1.) Milan/Draw HT/FT bet @ 17.5 Milan should go from the off as they need the goal more than Bayern who would qualify from a 0-0. I think though that Milan can tire and Bayern are dogged enough to fight to the end and get a late goal. 2.) Riise to score any time @ 6 With a few players out including Gerrard and Kuyt I feel that there will be a goal scorer from midfield tonight and Riise is as good a shout as anyone out there!

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Well done to whoever it was said to get Seedorf to score any time! Milan have taken the lead too which helps my bet 1... just hope it's 1-0 at HT giving Bayern the chance to pull back and get that draw end of 90 minutes.

oh milan are 0-2 up now aswell..
Yeah, quick 2nd from Inzaghi... had thought about laying the draw if it stayed at 1-0 to guarantee a return but now the odds have slipped out too much. Only worth it if Bayern can score and the odds go down. No rush as at least first half of bet has been completed with Milan leading. They'll just need to be REALLY tired in second half.... like struggling to make any passes to allow Bayern a way back into the game. Riise at all getting a sniff of goal?

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 bayern players are very nervous and upset, i dont rate them as capable to return back, is gonna be a winning party for milan imo ( soccer is soccer though) my bet as milan HT win is ok, but i worry about liverpool boys, i see a game like " la bamba" there, like a friendly one, worries me a bit, coz i have liverpool win as double

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Reds in control of the game, though they have 2 defensive midfielders in Alonso and Sissoko and aren't pushing too many men forward, Crouch had a good shot saved. PSV have had 1 attack all game (2nd min or something) and apart from that haven't looked in the match at all though Liverpool aren't pressing forward at all and Bellamy has got injured so the old Fowler is on, i still think Liverpool will scrape this though wouldn't put too much money on it!

Reds in control of the game' date=' though they have 2 defensive midfielders in Alonso and Sissoko and aren't pushing too many men forward, Crouch had a good shot saved. PSV have had 1 attack all game (2nd min or something) and apart from that haven't looked in the match at all though Liverpool aren't pressing forward at all and Bellamy has got injured so the old Fowler is on, i still think Liverpool will scrape this though wouldn't put too much money on it![/quote'] thanks mate, just saw the highlits..no Gerard in lineup..thats a worry for this bet...

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 I think one game in quarters should go to E.T. and Bayern/Milan is still more likely than Liverpool/PSV. I feel that if Bayern set out right they can get an early second half goal and from there who knows what can happen. Football can be very unpredictable and well a long time yet to play.