** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Valencia - Chelsea Chelsea dnb @ 1.91 (Centrebet) Valencia without Navarro, Marchena and Rodriguez but Morientes back. Chelsea still without Robben who did not play 1st leg either. After the dissapointing result at home Chelsea must score today, not an easy task vs Valencia away, but Chelsea definitaly have the quality, players with routine and confidence to not only score but also win this one. Valencia have not impressed in the leauge lately, although last rounds result vs Atl. Bilbao may be partly explained by Valencia resting players for this match. Chelsea will not get a lot of scoring opportunities, but players like Drogba don't need many, and if they can be a bit sharper at the back this time, a 1-0 win looks like a reachable result. Valencia are winless in their last four CL matches, but also undefeated last four homematches in CL. Chelsea are unbeaten in three CL away matches, but have only won once in ten European away matches vs Spanish teams. Chelsea have a great opportunity to better these stats now, and 1.91 for Chelsea dnb always worth a try imo.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Going to have a small dabble at the total cards market for the ManU - Roma game. I can see the referee being extra careful with bookings tonight with all the hype surrounding potential trouble in this one. Lubos Michel has officiated 4 champions league games and has only awarded 14 bookings and not once gone over 5. Scholes and Vidic united's joint top yellow card holders won't be playing tonight either so unless Rooney looses it there shouldn't be much problems with them. 4 Roma players are allready on yellows so will be careful and they seem like a side in the Arsenal mould who play good football and don't get stuck in. This leads me to think that bar a glut of timewasting bookings there shouldn't be too many in tonight's clash Total cards under 5.5 @ 5/6 (Bet 365)

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4

SportFootball (Eng - Cups)
EventValencia x Chelsea
Selectiondraw (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date10/04/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.20 (Lay)
ReasoningAfter 1x1 in the first game, the necessary chelsea to make to the little 1 goal today and the Valencia it must know that the Chelsea is a dangerous team, then I find that it will not have to play for 0x0. Morientes will have to play, despite the team having some decreases, as Carlos Marchena, Navarrese David and Vicente, among others, but this game is very important for they and is certain that they will fight until the end of the game. For me the result less probable will be ties up to it.

ok,i agree that man utd is a totally different team when playing home, but roma are not mugz at all, to my eyes italians are better team, we all watching them nearly every sunday in campionato as for the other clash, i expect a similar game like the one valencia v inter, the spaniards will not allow even an inche free space for chelsea players, here my picks : Roma to qualify Valencia to qualify Roma Under Valencia Under Chelsea not to score, total number of goals in the match :0-1 correct score : valencia win 1-0, or 0-0 draw bye bye
Scarily like my selections. Roma will score tonight and maybe more than once (presuming Totti is playing, please !!) and can't see United hockeying them as their less than assured defence buckles under the counter attacks. How long before Heinze gets booked if not sent off tonight ? Chelsea too will concede and are too reliant on Drogba, who is admittedly playing out of his little blue socks. I've been to the Mestalla and they play a funny game there. I see them sitting back, sitting back and then boom, up to David Villa and that one goal may well be enough.

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 I will stick with my same picks as last week Liverpool FT win Roma FT win Bayern FT win Chelsea/Valenca draw. Scholes will be greatly missed in the Manu midfield. Contrary to popular demand Roma will not sit back but will press for that away goal. Only after getting that goal will you sense that Italian defensive shell. Ronaldo will have to score today if Manu are to win it and Roma will keep close taps on him all match. Ronaldo has performed better in the PL and I sense we will see little change today. Did someone say Perrotta isn't in the lineup? I'd check that again if he is playing look for a goal from him today. Liverpool are hard to beat at Anfield and I suspect the visitors want this over as quickly as possible. PSV are like a snowball in hell. Liverpool should take this one at home. Bayern got that amazing equalizer late last week when everyone was calling for their defeat. I have greater faith in the Munich forwarders to net something and of course Ronaldo won't be playin in this one so no dives from the Brazilian in this match. Valencia have rested some players for this match and have the home crowd at their backs. Chelsea had to play all their regulars at weekend in the race behind Manu for the PL crown. I think they will be showing signs of fatigue one plus could be the appearance of Joe Cole but I'm not up on his total recovery and rehab. Max

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Roma rested Manu ...........? Roma captain Francesco Totti was rested for the Catania match as he struggles to shake off a sciatica problem in his lower back, but the talismanic striker is certain to start on Tuesday. Totti wasn't the only Roma star wrapped in cotton wool, with Cristian Chivu, Daniele De Rossi, Christian Panucci and Mancini all on the bench. Spalletti's decision made sense since the Serie A title is already beyond them. He will hope it pays dividends against a United side showing signs of cracking physically and mentally under the pressure of Chelsea's relentless pursuit in the Premiership. http://www.soccerway.com/news/2007/April/10/ferguson-suffers-as-injuries-take-their-toll-on-united/ Perrotta 11.5 betfair (pay me betfair for the plug ;) Edit: okay it looks like Perrotta isn't in the lineup can someone else verify.

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Valencia vs. Chelsea
Selection Chelsea 0 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 10/04/2007
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.90 (Back)
Reasoning Despite the fact that Valencia is not to be underestimated the odds on the suggested asian are too good to let go, especially when we are talking about Chelsea. OK in first game, really lucky shot which turned out to be a miracle goal for Valencia, still left this tie wide open so Chelsea must play for win today. With the missings of Marchena, street fighter Navarro and Rodriguez Chelsea should have an edge. Especially midfield will be the key to succes and wth Lampard + Ballack with aid of legendary Makelele and with superstar attack i cant see Valencia keeping the clean sheet. IMO only good luck (read: miracle strike) can save Valencia from going out today. So i will copy THE WHOLE expertise from one of the SP posters to add some depth to my pick, quote "Chelsea shd not lose here. Take chelsea. Good luck." I will and keep my fingers crossed for them.

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Man.Utd - Roma Despite beeing defeated in Roma 2:1 I think United have still good chances to go in semis. They scored important away goal and now they just have to score one and conceed none. But they will again have important absenties - Scholes in the first place. Roma is maybe in better position. They are more relaxed in their league, so stress free and they rested 7 regulars in their last match with Catania. Roma can and will defend well imo, just like in Lyon. But Manchester won't be so naive like Lyon and I expect them to be more cautious cause Roma can be deadly on counters. Still Man U without Scholes is not real Man U and we can expect them to struggle to find the net against defending Roma. Personally would like Roma to advance but still Manchester is Manchester. Hope for 0:0. My bets are Under 1.5 goals, betfair @3.45. And a try on Draw, betfair @3.65. GL~

Event Man Utd vs. AS Roma
Selection AS Roma +0.75 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 10/04/2007
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.92 (Back)
Reasoning Okay, admit it im an Roma fan and maybe my sane judgement is a little blurry as i wanted my team to beat the crap out of Man Utd side. Well even, will try to make the review objective. Why Roma...and why is Roma so underestimated. I mean, they were pretty much on the same odds when playing against Lyon in return leg, nobody believed that this team has what it takes to progress. Well imo their biggest advantage is the fact that they have not half the pressure on them as United players have, sure its a big game, but United was tipped to progress, and to crush Roma in the 1st game, and what happened, they were extremely lucky not to have been beaten even more comprehensivelly. And yup...one of their key man got redcarded - Paul Scholes who was imo Uniteds bigest transfer this year - his comeback after injury - is missing. Add to this the fact that key defenders Nemanja Vidic, Gary Neville and Mikael Silvestre are out for United..well, i think this may be more even game than most of people think. Ok, Perotta out for Roma, but hey, Pizzaro was out in first game - and he is back today - so pretty much same quality replacement, maybe the Tonetto absence is the bigest blow for Italians, but Casseti will take his place - very similar player as Tonetto- with ability to to a good job both in defence and offence. Ronaldo and Giggs...well Roma has Mancini and Taddei. Rooney...well Roma has Totti - lot more proven as the young Englishman (well both of them got some serious issues with behaviour...and how hard i think..Totti is better player) Van der Saar...Doni...can just say, thank you Mr. Saar for brilliant assist to Vucinic in 1st leg...not much difference between those two, both of them good keepers defence...who would argue with me that United has better centrali pairing than the one of Mexes and Chivu is...and injury trouble at United...well i rate Romas defence better.... and after all of that, Roma is rated with odds over 5????? I mean, they will come 11-11 on pitch..so IMO a 50:50 game in which United must score...and Roma dont need to...so with offered odds i am more than glad to back Roma to get at least a draw here....

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Still think Chelsea have more chances to qualify here. Valencia was just more relaxed in first match, Chelsea thought that it would be much easier and that's how we saw 1:1 result in the end. But now it's real game, both teams must give their best and I think in such situaton Chelsea will come out as a winner. I fancy them to win by one goal, and 1:0 result sounds like perfect one. Valencia will try to hold 0:0 as much as they can, but I just can't see Chelsea not scoring one. Pick Chelsea to win by one, betway 4.25, aswell as Total goals: 1, gamebookers @3.75. GL~

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventMan Utd x Roma
SelectionMan Utd
Strength10/10
Date10/04/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.77 (Back)
ReasoningThe Manchester United necessary to win Rome today to continue in champions league and I believe that they will obtain. Manchester will play without Neville' date= Vidic, Sylvester, Park, Saha and Scholes but the team has potential and will obtain the victory. If Ronaldo and Ronney to play well, find the team of Rome difficult to obtain one draw
Talk about potential all night long but that wins nothing unless you get an actual performance. I feel that Manchester United are weak right now and vulnerable against a team with the style and ability of Roma. If Roma attack then in Tadei and Totti among others they have attacking flair. If instead they defend they have Chivu and Mexes and can easily score on the break. So with more or less a full team and in my opinion a stronger team I feel that Roma are more than good value @ 6 to win! Maybe you will be right and Manchester United can take the win but at the odds offered for Roma I think a bet has to be taken.

Event MU vs Roma
Selection Under 2.5 Goals
Strength 8/10
Date 10/04/2007
Bookmaker/Price Centrebet @ 1.87 (Back)
Reasoning Despite people expectation of over 2.5 goals I think tonight is going to be a boring match. With Roma trying to defend their lead which is the case against Lyon. While MU will be aware that Roma are dangerous on the counter and will build up the play carefully as they will only need 1 - 0 win to qualify. With Perotta out and Totti not fit I think Roma attack would be slightly weakened. And with MU knew they are quite short in defence with recent injuries problem they will approach this carefully.

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventMU vs Roma
SelectionUnder 2.5 Goals
Strength8/10
Date10/04/2007
Bookmaker/PriceCentrebet @ 1.87 (Back)
ReasoningDespite people expectation of over 2.5 goals I think tonight is going to be a boring match. With Roma trying to defend their lead which is the case against Lyon. While MU will be aware that Roma are dangerous on the counter and will build up the play carefully as they will only need 1 - 0 win to qualify. With Perotta out and Totti not fit I think Roma attack would be slightly weakened. And with MU knew they are quite short in defence with recent injuries problem they will approach this carefully.
I'm avoiding this market as Man U HAVE to win to qualify. This should see Man U attacking and with their weakened defence leaving gaps at the back for Roma's players to exploit. Even if Totti isn't 100% fit he can still be dangerous as will be Mancini. Should be a good attacking game, fairly open, Roma will know they need away goal or 1-0 will do it for Manchester United. So I can see O2.5 but we'll see... Best of luck to you though for your bet.

Going to have a small dabble at the total cards market for the ManU - Roma game. I can see the referee being extra careful with bookings tonight with all the hype surrounding potential trouble in this one. Lubos Michel has officiated 4 champions league games and has only awarded 14 bookings and not once gone over 5. Scholes and Vidic united's joint top yellow card holders won't be playing tonight either so unless Rooney looses it there shouldn't be much problems with them. 4 Roma players are allready on yellows so will be careful and they seem like a side in the Arsenal mould who play good football and don't get stuck in. This leads me to think that bar a glut of timewasting bookings there shouldn't be too many in tonight's clash Total cards under 5.5 @ 5/6 (Bet 365)
Not if Roma down 1:0 i don't think they will be worry much about yellows. Anyway GL with your bet. I think this is a 2 leg and yhe game can get out of hand fast. I am on bouth teams to score( both teams to score) @ 1.95 bet 365 GL.

Crap.:(:(:(:(:(:(
Also my chosen phrase of the night :sadcan only hope Cassetti @ 26 for any time goal will be pushed forward to attack and get a goal from set piece!

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 impressive play by Manchester here. Watching the match live and ... I´m really surprised here. It´s the second leg of a Quarter Final and ManU shoot 4 goals and the whole match is very offensive... excellent. that´s entertainment :ok

Not if Roma down 1:0 i don't think they will be worry much about yellows. Anyway GL with your bet. I think this is a 2 leg and yhe game can get out of hand fast. I am on bouth teams to score( both teams to score) @ 1.95 bet 365 GL.
Finally 6:1 totall card looking good as well 2 cards 16 min left.

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Don't you just hate that, when every game you think about having a punt on, but ultimately don't, wins and some of them by a country mile!! Typical!!!! At one point or another today I considered the AH on Juve, Brescia, Man U and Chelsea (also looking good). Would have made such an awesome accumulator too....sigh Oh well, haven't lost anything and there's always tomorrow.:eyes

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Phenomenal display... Man U :spank Roma Very, very few would have given Man U a 4 goal cushion win... never mind the 6 they played for and won by! Even if I lost money having backed Roma I have to say that Man U played one of the best 90 minutes by any team that I have seen! Well done to them for the win! Now 3 English teams in the Semis and well surely one of them will win the final now! Liverpool v Man U final has to be surely!!

Re: CL Quarters Second leg - Tue 10/4 - Wed 11/4 Wow....how much do I wish I'd gone with my initial instincts and had a wager today. But no, after a decidedly dodgy weekend I decided to play it safe with only a limited number of possible bets.....none of which seemed all that strong on the face of things!