Crouchie's Poker Thread

Crouch Potato

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread

It's been a bit of a disaster really. Absolutely no timing tonight :sad:sad
Disaster is an apt word. Managed to lose more in a day on there then i have in the previous 6months. God knows what time it is where you are by the way :loon.

Disaster is an apt word. Managed to lose more in a day on there then i have in the previous 6months. God knows what time it is where you are by the way :loon.
2:10am. The table where we were on, my flopped straight ran into a flopped flush to the big stack and so I lost it all! Fortunately I got it back: Money Type: REAL MONEY Blinds are now $0.10/$0.25 Button is at seat 5 Seat 1: koogaboy - $19.19 Seat 2: iambig - $31.18 Seat 3: jonbj - $23.97 Seat 4: Mogwa1 - $21.01 Seat 5: KimiRaikkonen - $28.51 Seat 6: nicklasf - $0 (away from table) Seat 7: theloosescrew - $24.61 Seat 8: andyxn - $33.97 Seat 9: Specially - $13.50 Seat 10: patr5 - $59.74 Moving Button to seat 7 andyxn posts small blind ($0.10) Specially posts big blind ($0.25) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [Jc Ts] to KimiRaikkonen patr5 calls $0.25 koogaboy calls $0.25 Player [nicklasf] rebuys $25 iambig calls $0.25 jonbj calls $0.25 Mogwa1 calls $0.25 KimiRaikkonen calls $0.25 theloosescrew folds andyxn calls $0.25 Specially checks Dealing Flop [9d 7d Qc] andyxn bets $1 Specially calls $1 patr5 calls $1 koogaboy calls $1 iambig raises to $4 jonbj folds Mogwa1 folds KimiRaikkonen calls $4 andyxn calls $4 Specially calls $4 patr5 calls $4 koogaboy calls $4 Dealing Turn [Ah] Mogwa1: lol andyxn checks Specially checks patr5 checks koogaboy checks iambig checks KimiRaikkonen checks Dealing River [8h] Mogwa1: lol andyxn checks Specially bets $2 patr5 folds koogaboy folds iambig raises to $10 KimiRaikkonen raises to $24.26 (all-in) andyxn folds Specially calls $9.25 (all-in) iambig calls $24.26 iambig shows [5d Qd] KimiRaikkonen shows [Jc Ts] Specially shows [9c 9s] Taking Rake of $3 from pot 1 KimiRaikkonen has Straight, Queen high KimiRaikkonen wins $30.02 from side pot #1 with: Straight, Queen high KimiRaikkonen wins $50.75 with: Straight, Queen high

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Lol, well done the fish let you in on that one! :notworthy When you hit a monster you usually get paid on pkr, the problem is the crap in-between. Very fortunate though to get it back so quickly m8, i'm not envious at all..... :tongue2

Ok' date=' just left the table. From now on I leave whenever I reach double the max buy-in![/quote'] Yeah that's what i usually do where i normally play as i'm sure the cards automatically dry up when you've won a lot. Only going back on there when i'm in a super tight mood! Making my moolah back already away from pkr :wall

Yeah that's what i usually do where i normally play as i'm sure the cards automatically dry up when you've won a lot. Only going back on there when i'm in a super tight mood! Making my moolah back already away from pkr :wall
It's really a very beatable level, self control is definitely the key. I lost my buy in on the table we played because the cards disappeared and so did the fish, so I tried to make things happen, and let's face, without genuine fish, the remainder are still fishy in their place. Had I stuck to my original game plan I'm sure I'd have been much better off. Just need some patience...:wall

It's really a very beatable level' date=' self control is definitely the key. I lost my buy in on the table we played because the cards disappeared and so did the fish, so I tried to make things happen, and let's face, without genuine fish, the remainder are still fishy in their place. Had I stuck to my original game plan I'm sure I'd have been much better off. Just need some patience...:wall[/quote'] It is indeed about patience on there. I also tried to make things happen but you get callers left right and centre with anything. Your game plan was working excellently, until you started to play hands like me, and that was my downfall. You just cannot play any 2 cards because it's going down to their level and getting involved in all that mucky poker doesn't favour the skilled. Already uninstalled pkr. That was before i remembered it takes an hour to d/l again :cry lol. As i said, when i'm in the mood to play tight i'll see you on there again. Cheers :ok

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread I have no idea what you're talking about crouch.... :unsure I made a chunk of my loss back on my other network so trying my hand again on pkr. And again i'm getting hands but hitting SOD ALL so i'm gonna play really tight now. Dirtymonkey is a bit of a donk but is hittin a lot of hands, sith is very tight, gabbe has played a hand in yonks, scott is also a bit of a donk, and i have no idea who that raikkonen fella is. :ok

and i have no idea who that raikkonen fella is. :ok
He is the grandest donk of all. The father of all donkeys. If he bets, call him everytime. Funny story about Dirtymonkey. He got one of those Pkr how to play books from PKR (a promo they did) and every hand he kept talking about how great it was and how it tells you how to play poker etc. It was hilarious, he though it made him some sort of expert and he gave us commentary on every hand played and where we all went wrong!

He is the grandest donk of all. The father of all donkeys. If he bets' date=' call him everytime. Funny story about Dirtymonkey. He got one of those Pkr how to play books from PKR (a promo they did) and every hand he kept talking about how great it was and how it tells you how to play poker etc. It was hilarious, he though it made him some sort of expert and he gave us commentary on every hand played and where we all went wrong![/quote'] That is hilarious :lol As his pocket K play with A on the board just showed he's a donk who's getting lucky (sound familiar) I just wish i could get a few hands and clear these people up but even when i got top pair a min ago i knew if i went all in they would call hopin for the runners, and the runners are what was caught, got out of the hand when i could. It's a bit unreal really i get KQ, the board will come AJ2 etc :(

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread I'll make one observation here, and I understand that you may not be comfortable with it or impractical, but why don't you top up your chip count to close to the max buy in when you're getting low? With good hands so infrequent it just strikes me that you wont be able to get paid off as much as you could if you hit.

:ok I just hope it's not me who pays off your full stack :lol
Haha, well we haven't come to blows too much only that one where i folded top pair, but i knew you had me beat. Then again if it proves to you that i'm not too bad a player then i don't mind taking your stash ;).. Surprised u bet so little a min ago with the flush draw poss. You just hit a v nice *flush though! (wasnt concentratin ;)) Man, you got some gr8 hands already :ok

Haha, well we haven't come to blows too much only that one where i folded top pair, but i knew you had me beat. Then again if it proves to you that i'm not too bad a player then i don't mind taking your stash ;).. Surprised u bet so little a min ago with the flush draw poss. You just hit a v nice straight though! Man, you got some gr8 hands already :ok
Umm, I had Q4 of spades, so I had both the straight and flush. I didn't even bet though? I just check-called until the river when I made my flush and led out with a bet I thought he'd call. And I'm happy for you to be not too bad a player without my stash!

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Money Type: REAL MONEY Blinds are now $0.10/$0.25 Button is at seat 2 Seat 1: KimiRaikkonen - $27.94 Seat 2: dirtymonkey69 - $33.73 Seat 3: 27Nade - $26.60 Seat 4: nasp26 - $16.60 Seat 5: sith29 - $29.14 Seat 6: GR4SSHOPPER - $25.34 Seat 7: kspgabbe - $58.48 Moving Button to seat 3 nasp26 posts small blind ($0.10) sith29 posts big blind ($0.25) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [9c 9h] to KimiRaikkonen GR4SSHOPPER raises to $0.50 kspgabbe folds KimiRaikkonen calls $0.50 dirtymonkey69 folds 27Nade folds nasp26 folds sith29 folds Dealing Flop [3h 8h 9s] GR4SSHOPPER bets $0.75 KimiRaikkonen raises to $2.25 dirtymonkey69: very quiet gabbe GR4SSHOPPER calls $2.25 Dealing Turn [Qc] GR4SSHOPPER checks kspgabbe: sry m8 KimiRaikkonen bets $2 dirtymonkey69: its ok! GR4SSHOPPER calls $2 Dealing River [8s] GR4SSHOPPER checks dirtymonkey69: u concentrating? KimiRaikkonen bets $4 kspgabbe: not so much GR4SSHOPPER folds Taking Rake of $0.49 from pot 1 KimiRaikkonen doesn't show KimiRaikkonen wins $9.36

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Cheers, that's the one, nice hand again! You know that's risky play with the potential flush on pkr ;) Glad i'm playing tight now as all the hands i would have otherwise called would have missed! Was nice to raise you off the hand just then too....

Cheers, that's the one, nice hand again! You know that's risky play with the potential flush on pkr ;) Glad i'm playing tight now as all the hands i would have otherwise called would have missed! Was nice to raise you off the hand just then too....
I knew Grass would fold so I was just hoping you'd get out of the way :loon As for the flush, I also know that on PKR if the board is incomplete they will basically call regardless, so I prefer to build it slowly and be able to get away if the heart does come. Besides, Grass hardly has anything more than middle pair when he shows, so I was happy to get sucked out to him as he'll pay you off a bit.

I knew Grass would fold so I was just hoping you'd get out of the way :loon As for the flush, I also know that on PKR if the board is incomplete they will basically call regardless, so I prefer to build it slowly and be able to get away if the heart does come. Besides, Grass hardly has anything more than middle pair when he shows, so I was happy to get sucked out to him as he'll pay you off a bit.
Well reasoned :ok Can i just say YOU RUDDY BEAUTY at hitting a v nice FH. At last the cards are coming, couples with tight play the dough is going up :hope

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread I really only called thinking I was getting good odds if I hit something. With a flush draw out there though and the possibility of someone's Ace kicker pairing I decided that anything other than all-in was going to give me too many questions. Overall I don't really think it was too great a play but it paid off. Money Type: REAL MONEY Blinds are now $0.10/$0.25 Button is at seat 7 Seat 1: KimiRaikkonen - $36.13 Seat 2: dirtymonkey69 - $34.43 Seat 3: 27Nade - $26.41 Seat 5: sith29 - $31.67 Seat 6: GR4SSHOPPER - $13.93 Seat 7: kspgabbe - $52.18 Seat 8: DouglasPaul - $9.65 Moving Button to seat 8 KimiRaikkonen posts small blind ($0.10) dirtymonkey69 posts big blind ($0.25) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [9d 5s] to KimiRaikkonen 27Nade folds sith29 folds GR4SSHOPPER calls $0.25 kspgabbe calls $0.25 DouglasPaul calls $0.25 KimiRaikkonen calls $0.25 dirtymonkey69 raises to $1.25 GR4SSHOPPER calls $1.25 kspgabbe calls $1.25 DouglasPaul folds KimiRaikkonen calls $1.25 Dealing Flop [5c 9s Ac] KimiRaikkonen checks dirtymonkey69 bets $2.50 GR4SSHOPPER calls $2.50 kspgabbe folds KimiRaikkonen raises to $34.88 (all-in) kspgabbe: gg?sag d Player [***NO PLAYER***] brings $25 to table [1838895] dirtymonkey69 folds GR4SSHOPPER folds Taking Rake of $0.63 from pot 1 KimiRaikkonen doesn't show KimiRaikkonen wins $12.12 dirtymonkey69: AK

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread I don't know why I didn't move on the turn, but I knew that J-10 was possible , even though I should have known by the raise that he wouldn't have had that. Did not think this very well and really I played this hand like shit! Money Type: REAL MONEY Blinds are now $0.10/$0.25 Button is at seat 7 Seat 1: KimiRaikkonen - $43.25 Seat 2: dirtymonkey69 - $26.68 Seat 3: 27Nade - $28.20 Seat 4: MarabouSN - $26.74 Seat 5: sith29 - $31.32 Seat 7: kspgabbe - $50.58 Seat 8: DouglasPaul - $14.48 Moving Button to seat 8 KimiRaikkonen posts small blind ($0.10) dirtymonkey69 posts big blind ($0.25) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [Ks As] to KimiRaikkonen 27Nade folds MarabouSN raises to $1.25 sith29 folds kspgabbe folds DouglasPaul folds KimiRaikkonen calls $1.25 dirtymonkey69 folds Dealing Flop [Kd Ac 5c] KimiRaikkonen checks MarabouSN checks Dealing Turn [Qh] KimiRaikkonen bets $1.50 MarabouSN raises to $3 KimiRaikkonen calls $3 Dealing River [Ah] KimiRaikkonen bets $3 MarabouSN folds dirtymonkey69: lol Taking Rake of $0.43 from pot 1 KimiRaikkonen doesn't show KimiRaikkonen wins $8.32

I really only called thinking I was getting good odds if I hit something. With a flush draw out there though and the possibility of someone's Ace kicker pairing I decided that anything other than all-in was going to give me too many questions. Overall I don't really think it was too great a play but it paid off. Money Type: REAL MONEY Blinds are now $0.10/$0.25 Button is at seat 7 Seat 1: KimiRaikkonen - $36.13 Seat 2: dirtymonkey69 - $34.43 Seat 3: 27Nade - $26.41 Seat 5: sith29 - $31.67 Seat 6: GR4SSHOPPER - $13.93 Seat 7: kspgabbe - $52.18 Seat 8: DouglasPaul - $9.65 Moving Button to seat 8 KimiRaikkonen posts small blind ($0.10) dirtymonkey69 posts big blind ($0.25) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [9d 5s] to KimiRaikkonen 27Nade folds sith29 folds GR4SSHOPPER calls $0.25 kspgabbe calls $0.25 DouglasPaul calls $0.25 KimiRaikkonen calls $0.25 dirtymonkey69 raises to $1.25 GR4SSHOPPER calls $1.25 kspgabbe calls $1.25 DouglasPaul folds KimiRaikkonen calls $1.25 Dealing Flop [5c 9s Ac] KimiRaikkonen checks dirtymonkey69 bets $2.50 GR4SSHOPPER calls $2.50 kspgabbe folds KimiRaikkonen raises to $34.88 (all-in) kspgabbe: gg?sag d Player [***NO PLAYER***] brings $25 to table [1838895] dirtymonkey69 folds GR4SSHOPPER folds Taking Rake of $0.63 from pot 1 KimiRaikkonen doesn't show KimiRaikkonen wins $12.12 dirtymonkey69: AK
Oh man, i put you on a set, i'm not convinced he had AK, it's an easy thing to say to make him look good but you were v unlucky not to get a caller with the small field but proves that it's a pretty wise table though still a little loose. You were on the verge of a mint here, blnt.

Oh man' date=' i put you on a set[/quote'] At the time I was getting 7-1 to call from the small blind and when I can I will call always! When all the limps called I figured I was getting 5-1 still so what the hey. I also thought if I hit a set or two pair I'd get action from someone with either a big ace or KK/QQ. Oh well!

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread With the board paired a boat is a possibility so I was only ever calling here, but I wasn't laying a hand like this down ever as people play crazy! Money Type: REAL MONEY Blinds are now $0.10/$0.25 Button is at seat 7 Seat 1: movinonup - $40.19 Seat 2: Lachesis - $24.99 Seat 3: raceyrabbit - $35.79 Seat 4: KimiRaikkonen - $24.25 Seat 5: m3craze - $23.40 Seat 6: JadenXL - $37.98 Seat 7: patr5 - $27.96 Seat 8: dpkrbrat - $12.32 Seat 9: thaigirlontilt - $24.10 Seat 10: siktrix - $52.50 Moving Button to seat 8 thaigirlontilt posts small blind ($0.10) siktrix posts big blind ($0.25) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [8s 9s] to KimiRaikkonen movinonup calls $0.25 Lachesis folds raceyrabbit calls $0.25 KimiRaikkonen calls $0.25 m3craze calls $0.25 JadenXL calls $0.25 patr5 calls $0.25 dpkrbrat raises to $1 thaigirlontilt calls $1 siktrix folds movinonup folds raceyrabbit calls $1 KimiRaikkonen calls $1 m3craze calls $1 JadenXL calls $1 patr5 folds Dealing Flop [7d Ks Ts] thaigirlontilt bets $2 raceyrabbit folds KimiRaikkonen calls $2 m3craze calls $2 JadenXL calls $2 dpkrbrat calls $2 Dealing Turn [7s] thaigirlontilt checks KimiRaikkonen checks m3craze checks JadenXL checks dpkrbrat checks Dealing River [9d] thaigirlontilt checks KimiRaikkonen checks m3craze bets $2 JadenXL folds dpkrbrat raises to $8 thaigirlontilt folds KimiRaikkonen calls $8 m3craze calls $8 Taking Rake of $2.03 from pot 1 dpkrbrat shows [Qc Jc] dpkrbrat has Straight, King high KimiRaikkonen shows [8s 9s] KimiRaikkonen has Flush, King high m3craze mucks KimiRaikkonen wins $38.72 with: Flush, King high