CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4

Hmm... some early odds already

Tuesday 3 April 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="center">sp.gifBPP
AC Milan v Bayern München (19:45 BST)2.103.203.00113% Related markets... - - -Match ResultOver/Under
Chelsea v Valencia (19:45 BST)1.723.304.30112% Related markets... - - -Match ResultOver/Under
PSV v Liverpool (19:45 BST)2.703.202.70106% Related markets... - - -Match ResultOver/Under
Roma v Man Utd (19:45 BST)2.603.202.50110% Related markets... - - -Match ResultOver/Under

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL quarters first leg - 3/4 Milan, Chelsea, & Roma all have pretty good value. Milan thrashed Bayern last season @San Siro 4-1. Chelsea will probably nick a 1-0 win, although Valencia have always done well in KO phases because they attack on the road. Roma will give Man Utd fits. Mancini will give Neville nightmares.

Re: CL quarters first leg - 3/4 ACM is not the team they used to be though - if Bayern hit a bit of form, they can as well nick this one - but it will be difficult. Chalsea @ home looks a no brainer, at least if they get their defence sorted - Valencia look an average outfit in La Liga, but agree they'll be dangerous on the counter. Roma are in with a great chance to beat ManU if they at least repeat their recent performances both domestic and international. PSV v Pool is one hard nut to crack, imo.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: CL quarters first leg - 3/4 Some fresher odds and correct days and dates

Tuesday 3 April 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." class="AOCouponHeader" align="center">sp.gifBPP
AC Milan v Bayern München (19:45 BST)2.163.254.40100%
PSV v Liverpool (19:45 BST)3.503.152.52100%
Wednesday 4 April 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." class="AOCouponHeader" align="center">sp.gifBPP
Chelsea v Valencia (19:45 BST)1.753.606.40101%
Roma v Man Utd (19:45 BST)2.853.252.87101%

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 :dude cant see chelsea getting past valencia , chelsea havent impressed of late, fielding full strength sides they beat watford in the last minute and man city by a penalty. chelsea havent looked anything like champs of late , i reckon valencia to qualify over the 2 legs, cant see chelsea winning in spain and with valencias counter attack cant see them winning at home either !

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4

:dude cant see chelsea getting past valencia ' date=' chelsea havent impressed of late, fielding full strength sides they beat watford in the last minute and man city by a penalty. chelsea havent looked anything like champs of late , i reckon valencia to qualify over the 2 legs, cant see chelsea winning in spain and with valencias counter attack cant see them winning at home either ![/quote'] Keep in mind thou that the game was played after the international break where a lot of Chelsea players except Boulahrouz are involved with their own country games, let it be Euro 2008 or friendlies. So, factor of tiredness could be the reason. I still think Chelsea to qualify with a good tight win at home and goaless draw at Mestala.

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 Valencia have a number of defensive casualties given the suspensions created by the brawl at the end of the Inter game. Ayala may also be out for the visitors as he suffered concussion at the weekend. Reports suggest that their left back will be responsible for marking against Drogba. I think Chelsea will go for the win here and will likely achieve that result. They will know all about Valencia's strength at home and for me they will want to take a result there. To me the only factor then is whether Valencia choose to play defensively at SB, hoping to do enough when they play at home. Tough game but I would take a narrow Chelsea win here.

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 PSV - Liverpool :ok I realy cant imagine that PSV could be able at this moment to take anything from this match. Ofcourse PSV likes a attacking opponent to be dangerous in counter attacks, but this Liverpool will try to do the job in the first game. PSV still without Alex and this is a major problem for them. In the first game at home vs Arsenal, Arsenal missed many many 100 % changes to open the score and to make them easy for themselves. How many 100 % Changes Arsenal have missed in their home game ( 5 of 6 ? ) PSV play the last rounds in national league like S*** Draw , Draw and at least a 1-5 defeat at home against Ajax :loon I wil try this evening Liverpool at 2,40. For the one who follows me a lot of succes !!

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 Valencia coach Quique Sanchez Flores has named an extra player in the squad that will travel to London to take on Chelsea on Wednesday evening. Fernando Morientes, Ruben Baraja, Edu, Reguiero and Gavilan miss out due to injuries, while the suspended David Navarro and Carlos Marchena take the number of absentees up to seven. Perhaps more significantly, they leave Flores short of defensive options, even though skipper David Albelda returns. With just Ayala and Raul Albiol available to fill the three spots - two centre halves and one more defensive midfielder - there will have to be stop-gaps solutions. That is probably why the young midfielder Miguel Pallardó has been named in the squad, along with youth team defender defender Nacho Insa. Flores is largely expected to start just David Villa up front, with Angulo just behing him, Joaquin on the right, and either David Silva or Vicente on the left. Albelda and Pallardo will start in the middle, unless Flores goes for a make-shift centre-half and moves Albiol into midfield. He tried Morretti alongside Ayala in a practice match today. He will also have to drop one player from his current squad before kick-off, likely to be third goal-keeper Mora. Squad Goalkeepers: Cañizares, Butelle, Mora Defenders: Miguel, Curro Torres, Moretti, Ayala, Del Horno, Nacho Insa Midfielders: David Albelda, Raul Albiol, Joaquin, Vicente, Jorge Lopez, Hugo Viana Forwards: David Villa, Angulo, David Silva. http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=270932

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 Bayern Munich improved their chance of retaining their Bundesliga crown by defeating current leaders, Schalke 04, 2-0 at the Allianz Arena on the weekend. Coach, Ottmar Hitzfeld, now turns his attention to Tuesday's visit to the San Siro, for a titanic clash with another of Europe's biggest clubs, AC Milan. Though the injury to Dutch midfielder, Mark Van Bommel, is a blow, the biggest problem for Hitzfeld is the suspension of goalkeeper, Oliver Kahn, who is replaced by the inexperienced Michael Rensing, making his Champions League debut, in one of Europe's most intimidating venues. The recent purchase of Ronaldo has helped AC's poor scoring record in Serie A, but the Brazilian is ineligible for this competition. This leaves an unhealthy burden of scoring responsibility on his compatriot, Kaka's shoulders, who has scored six of the Italian's nine goals scored in the competition. I just think theres massive value to be had backing Munich to win @ 4.00. Munich know that losing Kahn is a blow and will defend more to protect the keeper. A low scoring game I think where Munich can nick it.

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 I as many people have pointed out see much value in both BM and Liverpool and while both of these teams are playing away in the first leg of a CL QF i believe they have both shown that they have they ability to perform in this situation and are priced well enough to back them. Both of these teams are comming off confidence boosting wins and im sure will lift to the occasion meanwhile ACM and PSV are somewhat the oposite with poor performances in recent times. PSV look hardly impresive and without Alex will have massive problems at the back and if liverpool stick with a similar formation as the weekend with a free roaming gerrard and the added threat of a returning bellamy PSV's defence will have their hands full. Added to this liverpool will have a refreshed defence with finnan and hyypia rested for the arsenal game... all in all away win is dangerous against a team like PSV even with all there problems they will hang on for dear life but i do believe that if liverpool can build with some good play early or perhaps even a goal they will take it away convincingly. Result Prediction: AW 0-2 As for ACM v BM it seems as tho AC will have troubles putting points on the board with Ronaldo inelligable for this matchup recent times would suggest that they will have trouble putting points on the board... I do have concerns about Kahn being suspended however i believe the BM defence will tighten up to compensate. I do also have a few other small concerns about BM's MF with bommel out after being sent off last matchday but who could ignore the $4.00 price on their head????? Result prediction: AW 1-2 1.5 u Liverpool win @ $2.40 9/10 1 u Bayern win @ $4.00 7/10 2u Bayern/ ACM over 2.0 goals @ $1.95 9/10

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 :dudeliverpool to win at psv tonight , cant see past an away win ,with liverpools players i think theyl destroy a weak psv side thats missing their best players. theyve been crap in the eredivise recently,liverpools worst player would get into the psv starting 11 tonite, thats my theory ,liverpool are head and shoulders above this team , liverpool have too much in defence, in midfield and up front for psv to cope with. easy pickins liverpool at 6/4 :dude.

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 Whilst that all makes sense. Benitez first priority will be to make sure Liverpool keep a clean sheet and do not lose the game. I can't see Liverpool attacking at will, they will not play recklessly when they know they can go back to Anfield and put 2 or 3 past PSV. Liverpool win is definately favoured, but a draw would not suprise me in the least.

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 PSV - Liverpool Last 5 PSV games: 31.03.2007 NAC Breda - PSV 1:1 (!!!) 18.03.2007 PSV- Ajax 1:5 (!!!) 11.03.2007 Excelsior - PSV 0:0 (!!!) 07.03.2007 Arsenal - PSV 1:1 03.03.2007 PSV - RKC W. 2:0 31.03.2007 Liverpool - Arsenal 4:1 18.03.2007 Aston Villa - Liverpool 0:0 06.03.2007 Liverpool - Barcelona 0:1 03.03.2007 Liverpool- Man Utd 0:1 24.02.2007 Liverpool - Sheff. Utd 4:0 PSV is falling down. The crisis was already in match against Excelsior, and was proved when Ajax ate them: 1-5. Only 2 goals scored in last 3 matches and 6(!) received. Alredy under the risk of loosing Eredivision championship. I think Liverpool is too strong for them now. Exelent form of englishmen: 4-1 without any problems against Arsenal. More problems for PSV: Kone(stricker) and Alex(defender) are missing. Liverpool: Belamy is back, Gerard is fit. My opiniion: no chanses of PSV. Liverpool AH 0 at 1,7

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 PSV v Liverpool nobody understands why and how this very very poor dutch side is still in competition,anyway, this is the end of road for them, imo liverpool is designed to win the trophy again this year... pick 1 : Liverpool to win pick 2 : PSV not to score pick 3 : total number of goals in the match 2-3 pick 4 : correct score, liverpool to win 2-0 or 3-0 Milan v Bayern Home win banker any other result should be considedred as major surprise.Milan is a level above bayern, imo at least 10 of serie A teams would beat bayern at home easily, is matter of quality, and of course milan apart from italian team, is also a very experienced one good luck ciao

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 Liverpool win Liverpool come into this game very confident after knocking over Barcelona. After the very good win against Arsenal at the weekend they will be looking to repeat the win they had over PSV in the group games. Big losses for PSV in Alex (defence) and Kone (striker). With a fully fit squad to choose from and playing with confidence, it looks a likely Liverpool victory.

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 Liverpool are the strong fancy tonight, confidence will be flowing after mauling the gooners 4-1, i dont think much of PSV 'elite' home record after they were thrashed 5-1 at home by Ajax. Rafa will look to keep it tight at the back tonight and look to grab an away goal or two. Pick 1 - Liverpool Win @ 2.44 Pick 2 - Liverpool win 0-1 @ 7.4 Pick 3 - Liverpool win 0-2 @ 12.0

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 have to say few words about milan they play like shit this year in league,they said that they will do anything to win CL, BUT this is not objective i watched few games in CL this year and also last one against celtic that is not football,they play without any motivation,only one player is worth of something and that is Kaka,without them i think that they will be relegated in serie B they dont play like colective, i have info that they are in some kind of fight on the realtion coach-players the value on bayern is to funny,dont think that they will loose bayern play every day better and better, in CLu can see that too,high motivated x2 on bayern is bank here psv is in terrible row,they are strugling and without alex theyve got none chance to win this,liverpool is a nice option here:ok

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 Match:

AC Milan – Bayern Munich (03/04/07)

Tip/s: Draw @ 3.20 (Interwetten) 10/10

Reasoning:

Milan is an experienced team, which has been at this stage of the CL before and done very well. Bayern is no stranger to CL success either. Milan, however, suffers in terms of consistent scoring ability and is slower and less physical than Bayern. Milan has shown that they often have difficulty in finding the net, especially against a defense-oriented team (remember the 0-0 against Celtic?) Furthermore, Bayern has a slight advantage in playing the second game back in Munich. This may provide them with the luxury of playing for the tie in Milan and then hoping to do the job back at home in order to progress to the semi-finals. I think Bayern has the speed and stamina to keep a slow Milan side from scoring and therefore I will go with draw in this match.

Match:

PSV – Liverpool (03/04/07)

Tip/s:

Draw @ 3.00 (Interwetten) 10/10

Reasoning:

I think this will be a déjà vu of the first CL round game between these two teams (result: 0-0). Liverpool will play for the draw, which I think they masterfully know how to do. They have the advantage of playing the second game back in Liverpool. Furthermore, PSV have the Kone and Alex injuries to worry about and I don’t see them in a position to create many chances. I see both teams defending very heavily and hoping for a goal on the counter. My guess is that neither team will score much (0-0; 1-1). Hence, the draw looks good as the result in this game. Good luck to all...

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 I'm pretty sure that AC Milan will play tonight not to concide goal. They will try (imho) to manage clean sheet home, with a big advantage if they score away. Of course, they will try to score, but very carefull and not at all cost. On the other side Bayern without Bommel and Kan will also aproach little more defensivly. AC may or may not score so I see value here in Under [email protected] (4/10), and Under [email protected] (9/10) GL!

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 PSV v Liverpool I've seen a lot of people saying this will be a cake walk for the scousers, but this is European football we're talking here, if there's one thing a foreign coach knows then that's grinding out results, and especially when their team is the underdogs; PSV will be totally organised and will keep it tight as they always do. If Liverpool do win it will be a tight victory, probably 1-0. I'm taking the under 2.5 goals in this game. :hope

New Doubt PSV A new doubt for PSV tonight will be Ibrahim Affelay. This upcoming midfielder have problems with his hamstring and a MRI scan must bring clearness about the situation. Coach Koeman : I dont take great risks with this sort of injurys. Just a short preview from dutch teletekst at 16:28 :zzz