** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4

Looks good for Roma. with Scholes sent off and Manu down to 10 that is a bonus. I can see Manu getting a late equalizer but thats okay for me even better as the draw is higher odds I'm happy with Roma winning or drawing Max :dude
Me Too..... hopefully Chelsea to get one back and i make a jackport tonight.:cow

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 United 1 - 0 down, Scholes sent off, baton charges by police. Not looking good for Utd or their fans. I guess trouble was almost inevitable after the build up to the game. United out to 23.0 at 1 - 0 down, so taking a very small piece of that just in case the unexpected happens. I think that is a bit too high, even down to 10 men. Though football secondary consideration now with what has gone on in the crowd.

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 no gerrie, i m not homeless mate thnx god i give my hands to you, no problem at all, that i posted is truth, ok when we say "house and horse" normally we mean big stakes,something we dont do every day, at least that was the meaning in old days good luck mate, chelsea is back in the game

I'd expect Ferguson to make a change at half time and replace an attacking player. With 10men he cant play Rooney, Solskjaer, Giggs and Ronaldo. My guess is Solskjaer will come off. Can only see Roma winning. Think Utd would be delighted with a 1-0 defeat to be honest. Utd fans causing trouble again in Rome. Throwing objects at Roma fans
Giggs off which makes the most sense, the younger players Ronaldo and Rooney on for the rest which is what I expected and Solskijaer is the one man who could get the last goal I thought Giggs would be the one to go off . Perotta is coming forward and often so I'm alive with chance at the 6.4 he just miss a goal by inches. Max:dude

Saw the league game between Roma and Milan both played for pride didn't really hold back. Needless to say Milan still looked bad, they got some luck with a call in their favor and capitalized from a free kick to tie the game. Roma diffinitely the stronger all-round side and playing once again at home to Manu is to their benefit. Roma to win or draw :ok Bayern to win :cry Roma perferred in this one have picked them to win or draw. Could lay Manu if available. was surprised in Manu beating Blackburn at weekend (a side which traditionally gives Manu a hard time) as I thought Sir A would play more youngsters but I'll assume at this point winning the PL is for most and losing that 6 point lead isn't thinkable at this point. No Ronaldo but they still won it with goals coming from unexcepted and of course the last one from dependable Solskjaer. Saw Liverpool play weekend good solid home win , will go with them today to take the early lead and win away. Liverpool to win :ok Chelsea/Valancia ??? not sure about this one some problems on lineup with both sides. I think the Spanish will be harder nuts to crack, possibly the draw then but still not sure. :ok
Not bad this week in the CL shooting 75%ish too bad Perrotta didn't get a goal.

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 for me big stake is some thousands pounds, i hope is to your satisfaction,i am not a sick man to bet more, here is my pick return leg Valencia v Chelsea pick1 : valencia to qaulify pick2 : chelsea not to score pick3 : valencia win or draw pick4 total number of goals in the match 0-1 pick5 : correct score valencia win 1-0,or goalless draw 0-0

Today perrotta change position...no play in zone offensive...but in defense of midfliend togheter with De rossi..... for goal scorer tonight is very good Taddey because play at zone of perrotta ;) on BF TADDEY PRICE IS 6,4 VERY NYCE
yesssssssss I win GRAZIE TADDEI :clap:clap:clap mefipallina_yahoo.gif_soldi.gif

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 B4 anybody suggests otherwise I am a "Liverpool" supporter and comments like this deserve no credence what so ever! WHAT A FOOL!!! B4 u cast judgement Gerrie! wait for what has happened properly not what you instantly see on a TV screen IDIOT! I had a feeling any English team going to Italy after what has happened over there recently were on a hiding to nothing - Italy was just waiting for this to happen to take the heat off their own animal fans! I would even go to say this has been constructed!!! I'll wait and see what the Man Utd fans say tomorrow when they get home as I'm certain they have been used as a pawn in another shady Italian scenario! Anything to deflect attention...

I'd expect Ferguson to make a change at half time and replace an attacking player. With 10men he cant play Rooney, Solskjaer, Giggs and Ronaldo. My guess is Solskjaer will come off. Can only see Roma winning. Think Utd would be delighted with a 1-0 defeat to be honest. Utd fans causing trouble again in Rome. Throwing objects at Roma fans

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 Clashes mar Man Utd game in Rome Manchester United fans and police clashed during the game Manchester United's Champions League match against Roma was marred by violence involving supporters before and during the game. Local media reported clashes between fans as they made their way to the Olympic Stadium in Rome. During the game United fans clashed with police wielding batons. Italian police said 18 United fans had been taken to hospital and two were being kept there overnight. Two Roma supporters also needed treatment. Manchester United warned fans before the game they could be attacked by Roma supporters, sparking criticism from Rome's mayor. Local media reported that five people were injured in clashes as fans made their way to the stadium. Riot police It was reported that three were English, one was from Rome and another was from Italy's security forces. The trouble reportedly occurred near two bridges - the Ponte Milvio and the Ponte Duca d'Aosta. During the game, which Roma won 2-1, both sets of fans could be seen throwing missiles at each other. Italian police said 18 Manchester United fans were taken to hospital The two sets of supporters were separated in one section of the ground by a barrier with riot police gathered on the Manchester United side. After each goal both sets of fans surged towards the barrier. At one stage, riot police with shields and batons were seen repeatedly striking Manchester United supporters. One female fan was seen being pushed in the face by a police officer while another supporter was repeatedly struck with a baton as he lay on the floor. TV pictures showed one Manchester United fan with blood pouring from his face as others tried to pick him up. 'Pretty vicious' A Manchester United fan, David Pearce, said: ""Italian police attacked the Manchester United crowd. I tried to help a girl who'd fallen down and one of the policemen hit me with a baton. "It's absolute pandemonium. It's just terrible." Around 5,000 United fans had bought tickets for the game but a further 1,000 were expected to travel without tickets. William Gaillard, from UEFA, said the body was very concerned at the number of violent incidents so far this year. It's absolute pandemonium. It's just terrible. David Pearce, Man Utd fan "We are in an emergency situation and we feel that it's definitely very sad to see these scenes in European football this season." Violent reputation Before the game Manchester United fans were warned in letters and on the club's website to avoid certain areas of the city as they could be attacked by Roma's hardcore 'ultra' fans. They were warned to avoid using Rome's underground network to reach the Olympic Stadium, and to also keep away from the Ponte-nenni bridge and the Campo de Fiori. Rival fans hurled missiles at each other across a barrier The city's mayor Walter Veltroni criticised Manchester United officials and said the advice could create a "negative climate". Italian football has a reputation for violence among its fans. In February the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) suspended all matches after a policeman was killed at a Serie A game between Catania and Palermo. Three Middlesbrough fans were stabbed and 10 others hurt during fights with Roma fans at an Uefa Cup quarter-final last year. Just as I thought Man Utd fans have been hard done by!

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventSevilla - Tottenham
SelectionTottenham +0,5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date05/04/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.17 (Back)
Sevilla is not in good form. They have kanoute injured, he will play but he is not 100%. Easter week in Sevilla is special all the city is celebrating the religious dates and i don't think the stadium will be full. Maybe same players (specially the spaniards) are also thinking more in Easter than in the match. Tottenham form is impressive, they have won all the matches UEFA CUP and the last 5 in premiership. I think they can win, but a draw could be ok for them because they have a second match in Tottenham so the asian +0,5 is my choice.