** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 tonight is Liverpool or bust. It's not professional or wise but there's no other choise. It's :cow or :spank ... Comm'on you Reds!!!! I apologise to all who are doing this seriously, I'm trying to follow the ruls but tonight I realy got nothing to lose....:hope

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4

can someone finally cofirm first eleven for bayern,i am now bit a confused:unsure who is out, van bomel,kahn,pizzaro?:unsure
Michael Rensing, who has long been touted as the natural successor to the emblematic Kahn, will deputise for the Bayern captain against the six-time European champions. Coincidentally, Rensing's only other previous outing in the Champions League came in last season's 1-1 draw in Germany. "I know it ended in a draw, but I have fond memories of that night," said the 22-year-old. European champions on four occasions, Bayern will also be without midfielder Mark Van Bommel who was given a one-match suspension for making an obscene gesture to Real Madrid fans in the last 16. ;)

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 AC Mailand: Dida - Oddo, Nesta, Maldini, Jankulovski - Pirlo - Gattuso, Seedorf - Kaka - Gilardino, Inzaghi FC Bayern: Rensing - Sagnol, Lucio, van Buyten, Lahm - Salihamidzic, Ottl, Hargreaves, Schweinsteiger - Makaay, Podolski Im Kader: Dreher, Santa Cruz, Pizarro, Lell, Görlitz, Demichelis, Karimi, Scholl - from fcbayern homepage. Pizarro seems to be on bench at first Bayern are in quite good shape so that they maybe can achieve a draw at least

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 ok, soccer is soccer and we must be very carefull, i understand this, i also understand that psv are not mugz at all, but still i am confident about this liverpool team, personally i am arsenal's fan since childhood, however i was so impressed of the team work and exceptionally strong defence which is the result of both man to man and zone system,that liverpool shows, this team is designed perfectly to reach the final ( i dont know if they will succed it), psv is perhaps top team in holland, but nothing more than average team in european standards, i go high flying with the away win good luck to all

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 For those backing Liverpool these are three good markets: Liverpool to win to Nil. @ 12-5, as Liverpool's defence looks strong, especially in europe. Liverpool to keep a clean sheet @ 11-8 for reasons above. Crouch @ 13-5 to score in 90mins after his hat-trick against Arsenal and the fact the foreign defence won't be used to dealing with that presence i think it's a good bet.

So ' date=' all betters :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope forLIVERPOOL
liverpool and milan for me mate,as double, i rate milan as banker, bayern lost to some teams called...aachen and frankfurt away, what chances they have here?? nil to me , zero

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 I wish everyone luck with Liverpool...but every time everyone is on the same team it fails to cover the bet. Latest I recall like this was Posh over the weekend, and they finished 3-3 home with Wycombe. I admit this looks great, but I'm staying far away from it. BOL all

I wish everyone luck with Liverpool...but every time everyone is on the same team it fails to cover the bet. Latest I recall like this was Posh over the weekend' date=' and they finished 3-3 home with Wycombe. I admit this looks great, but I'm staying far away from it. BOL all[/quote'] 2nd that - totaly public bet this one...maybe a nibble with live betting

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 Saw the league game between Roma and Milan both played for pride didn't really hold back. Needless to say Milan still looked bad, they got some luck with a call in their favor and capitalized from a free kick to tie the game. Roma diffinitely the stronger all-round side and playing once again at home to Manu is to their benefit. Roma to win or draw Bayern to win Roma perferred in this one have picked them to win or draw. Could lay Manu if available. was surprised in Manu beating Blackburn at weekend (a side which traditionally gives Manu a hard time) as I thought Sir A would play more youngsters but I'll assume at this point winning the PL is for most and losing that 6 point lead isn't thinkable at this point. No Ronaldo but they still won it with goals coming from unexcepted and of course the last one from dependable Solskjaer. Saw Liverpool play weekend good solid home win , will go with them today to take the early lead and win away. Liverpool to win Chelsea/Valancia ??? not sure about this one some problems on lineup with both sides. I think the Spanish will be harder nuts to crack, possibly the draw then but still not sure.

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 Liverpool seem to be the play today but PSV have a great home record in the CL. Im playing under 2 goals for this game. PSV usually play defensive vs English sides. Milan -0.75 @2.31. Milan are the better team, Bayern were fortunate against Madrid to not concede 4 or 5 goals at the Bernabeau. I expect Milan to put 2 or 3 goals in tonight, with Kaka being the catilyst. Last season Kaka dominated Bayern and I expect him to have similar success tonight. Kaka 1st goal scorer @8.00.

Liverpool seem to be the play today but PSV have a great home record in the CL. Im playing under 2 goals for this game. PSV usually play defensive vs English sides. Milan -0.75 @2.31. Milan are the better team, Bayern were fortunate against Madrid to not concede 4 or 5 goals at the Bernabeau. I expect Milan to put 2 or 3 goals in tonight, with Kaka being the catilyst. Last season Kaka dominated Bayern and I expect him to have similar success tonight. Kaka 1st goal scorer @8.00.
Well Rob i really feel for ya but Roma is the better of the 2 Italian sides and Milan will definitely need Kaka to score today if they have a hope as I don't see anyone else capable right now perhaps Pirlo from a setplay. Good luck Bayern will have to really stink today for Milan to win

I really don't get the idea that if the majority are behind the one team, then that makes up another's mind not to back them? Baffling really.
Weirder still that people actually think our bets have a reflection on the reality of the match. I can only see that odds will be lower if everyone is getting on Liverpool now. Still could be worth a bet if people are confident enough in their selection of Liverpool to win. I think Liverpool will win 1-0 as they will be happy to come here and just take a result. Will see them likely playing conservative football with thoughts of counter attacking football. PSV looked toothless on the whole against Arsenal and only scored at home through long distance effort. I can see Liverpool keeping a clean sheet and stealing a goal. 1-0 @ 7 with Betfair 6/10 for pick Have a feeling on Riise scoring, don't ask me why maybe it's just one of my naive hunches. As a result I'm going to go small stakes on him scoring any time @ 8.4. Would have first scorer but by any time would cover the bet if the 1-0 I predicted above wasn't to happen. Ie if Riise scored a 2nd goal for Liverpool or maybe an equaliser to a PSV strike. With Milan v Bayern I think Milan need to get the win and as such and with their history they will. I don't think the game will be pretty and could be settled by just the one goal.

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 If anyone can find Liverpool Vs PSV teams i would like to see them please, REALLY can't see liverpool losing this with the injuries that PSV have, but before i back Liverpool i would like to see Benitez's team sheet to try and work out what way he will be playing

Well Rob i really feel for ya but Roma is the better of the 2 Italian sides and Milan will definitely need Kaka to score today if they have a hope as I don't see anyone else capable right now perhaps Pirlo from a setplay. Good luck Bayern will have to really stink today for Milan to win
Your right Roma are the better team this year, but Milan is better than Bayern. Milan weren't impressive vs Roma on Saturday they were very fortunate to claim a draw, but Milan are a different animal at home in the CL and they rarely concede at home in this competition and I see them giving Bayern problems on set pieces, which should be enough to win.

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 Reina, Riise, Agger, Carragher, Finnan, Gerrard, Aurelio, Alonso, Mascherano, Kuyt, Crouch is the Liverpool team. Would've prefered to see Gerrard in the centre and Pennant on the right wing to attack PSV. Think Mascherano will play an important role this evening. Expect to see a lot of crosses into the two big men up front.

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 PSV Eindhoven: Gomes - Kromkamp, Da Costa, Simons, Salcido - Mendes, Vayrynen, Cocu, Culina - Farfan, Diego Liverpool: Reina - Finnan, Carragher, Agger, Riise - Gerrard, Mascherano, Alonso, Aurelio - Kuyt, Crouch AC Milan: Dida - Oddo, Nesta, Maldini, Jankulovski - Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Seedorf - Kaka - Gilardino Bayern Munich: Rensing - Sagnol, Lucio, Van Buyten, Lahm - Salihamidzic, Hargreaves, Ottl, Schweinsteiger - Makaay Podolski.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dale Cooper I really don't get the idea that if the majority are behind the one team, then that makes up another's mind not to back them? Baffling really. Weirder still that people actually think our bets have a reflection on the reality of the match. I can only see that odds will be lower if everyone is getting on Liverpool now. Still could be worth a bet if people are confident enough in their selection of Liverpool to win.
It's no reflection on the many great punters here. Nor do I think that what we do effects the outcomes of sports, obviously. However, I have definitely seen repeatedly where everyone seems to be on the same bet, and their reasoning is similar, too...and then the opposite happens. Maybe this is just selective memory on my part. However, there are those games where only one outcome seems possible, and the odds even look okay, and then of course it turns out that we've all overlooked the same thing...or the other team is in fact better than everyone says, or there's an unlucky break...or whatever.

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 I'm watching the match on tele and all three pundits/experts have stated that they cannot see Liverpool losing tonite. In fact, two of them had stated that all they can see if a Liverpool win tonite. PSV have been ravanged by injuries to be fair. I think insidde the first 10-15mins you'll know the attitude of Liverpool, have they come for a 0-0 draw or do they want to make sure that they score an all important away goal. I can see a 1-0 or 2-0 victory for Liverpool tonite to be honest. But the first 15mins will tell us what Liverpool turn up. I'm on Liverpool to Qualify for the semi, and also for the match tonite not to lose.

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 PSV v Liverpool Quarter Final 1st leg A bit late posting however just waited for team selections and I can see Liverpool putting this tie to bed in the 1st leg and dispelling Koeman Voodoo into the process! Koeman has the Indian sign over English teams in recent times, however he needs his team to be positive in the home leg and with the team he has at his disposal I just can't see how? Best PSV can do here is defend and hope to get players back for 2nd leg at Anfield and counter attack like Benfica did last year to Liverpool. Liverpool are riding a crest of a wave at the moment for form and the Arsenal Voodoo banished in emphatic fashion at the weekend - Now the Koeman Voodoo! I'm having some of the handicap on Liverpool -2 @14.00 Paddypower just can see Liverpool running riot here! and nice scorecast P Crouch 1st goal Liverpool win 3 nil @101.00 :hope