** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

UEFA Cup (22 Feb)

Thursday 22 February 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
AZ Alkmaar v Fenerbahçe (17:45 GMT)1.723.955.80101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHome Team First Goal TimeLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreOver/UnderSecond Goal TimeTeams To ScoreTotal Goals
Nancy v Shaktar (18:00 GMT)2.113.254.00104% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHome Team First Goal TimeLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreOver/UnderSecond Goal TimeTeams To ScoreTotal Goals
Blackburn v Bayer Leverkusen (18:05 GMT)2.003.404.33103% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last Goalscorer2nd Half PenaltyAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreClean SheetCornersDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal TimeFirst Goal Time 2nd HalfFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHome Team First Goal TimeKick-OffLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreOver/UnderPenalty AwardedScore a PenaltySecond Goal TimeTeam To Score 2+Team To Score 3+Team To Score 4+Team To Score 5+Teams To ScoreTo Miss a PenaltyTo Win to NilTotal GoalsTotal Goals 2nd HalfWin Both HalvesWin Either Half
Dinamo Bucharest v Benfica (18:15 GMT)2.853.252.78102% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHome Team First Goal TimeLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreOver/UnderSecond Goal TimeTeams To ScoreTotal Goals
Maccabi Haifa v ZSKA Moscow (18:45 GMT)3.603.302.30102% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHome Team First Goal TimeLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreOver/UnderSecond Goal TimeTeams To ScoreTotal Goals
Celta Vigo v Spartak Moscow (19:45 GMT)1.953.304.90102% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHome Team First Goal TimeLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreOver/UnderSecond Goal TimeTeams To ScoreTotal Goals
Newcastle v Zulte Wargerem (19:45 GMT)1.266.4015.50102% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last Goalscorer2nd Half PenaltyAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreClean SheetCornersDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal TimeFirst Goal Time 2nd HalfFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHome Team First Goal TimeKick-OffLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreOver/UnderPenalty AwardedPlayer To Score 3+Score a PenaltySecond Goal TimeTeam To Score 2+Team To Score 4+Team To Score 5+Teams To ScoreTo Miss a PenaltyTo Win to NilTotal GoalsTotal Goals 2nd HalfWin Both HalvesWin Either Half
Osasuna v Bordeaux (19:45 GMT)2.063.254.33103% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHome Team First Goal TimeLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreOver/UnderSecond Goal TimeTeams To ScoreTotal Goals
Panathinaikos v Lens (19:45 GMT)2.213.253.65104% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHome Team First Goal TimeLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreOver/UnderSecond Goal TimeTeams To ScoreTotal Goals
Paris St-G v AEK Athens (19:45 GMT)1.663.656.50103% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHome Team First Goal TimeLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreOver/UnderSecond Goal TimeTeams To ScoreTotal Goals
Parma v Sporting Braga (19:45 GMT)2.013.304.33104% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHome Team First Goal TimeLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreOver/UnderSecond Goal TimeTeams To ScoreTotal Goals
Seville v Steaua Bucharest (19:45 GMT)1.364.8011.50104% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHome Team First Goal TimeLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreOver/UnderSecond Goal TimeTeams To ScoreTotal Goals
Ajax v Werder Bremen (20:00 GMT)2.503.453.00103% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreCornersDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHome Team First Goal TimeLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreOver/UnderSecond Goal TimeTeams To ScoreTotal Goals
Rangers v Hapoel Tel Aviv (20:05 GMT)1.613.857.50102% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last Goalscorer2nd Half PenaltyAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreClean SheetCornersDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal TimeFirst Goal Time 2nd HalfFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHome Team First Goal TimeKick-OffLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreOver/UnderPenalty AwardedScore a PenaltySecond Goal TimeTeam To Score 2+Team To Score 3+Team To Score 4+Team To Score 5+Teams To ScoreTo Miss a PenaltyTo Win to NilTotal GoalsTotal Goals 2nd HalfWin Both HalvesWin Either Half
Español v Livorno (20:30 GMT)1.783.505.50103% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHome Team First Goal TimeLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreOver/UnderSecond Goal TimeTeams To ScoreTotal Goals

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup (22 Feb)

i know its not the bravest bet, but my banker treble would be Newcastle Rangers Sevilla. gl, thanks.:hope
well, you do know there ain't no such thing as a sure bet. I'll be a bit more courageous and go with Parma Werder Bermen Lens Parma and Braga are both going through transition. Parma I think has a good chance on Wednesday, as Braga have just lost their manager Goncalves only at the club in that position for 3 months. Jorge Costa (Portuguese International defender oldtimer) has just stepped in yesterday. Braga won the first match 1-0 in last 10 of that game (I had the draw :( ). It'll be harder for them to repeat on the road and Parma has one of the few stadiums fan ready. Werder Bremen - only because Ajax just isn't Ajax anymore in these tournaments. I'll go with the German engineering. Lens - well they won their first match comfortably 3-1 I can't see them losing. They got the draw in Monaco at weekend 0-0 so perhaps management will be content with another low scoring fixture but I'll take them anyway as Panathinkos will need the goals today leaving them open to the counter-attack of Lens which might turn things from an expected under to an over 2.5 match. Max CL today Lay Milan Bayern win Arsenal win

Re: UEFA Cup (22 Feb) Dinamo Bukareszt - Benfica Lisbon x2 (1.50) Benfica despite winning (1-0) made a poor performance in the 1st Leg last week. However, I still rate the Portugese side as the better one here and in the 2nd Leg I bet that Benfica will not lose and get the promotion to the next round. Dinamo hasn't started their domestic season yet so I guess that the hosts could be not 100% prepared. All in all, Benfica has better players, better prepared and the visitors are my favourites.

Re: UEFA Cup (22 Feb) Espanyol vs Livorno Espanyol Espanyol putting UEFA Cup glory to one side tribalfooball.com - February 17, 2007 Espanyol insist the priority is La Liga survival, despite their promising UEFA Cup run. "That is our goal and anything else is a bonus. We must not let ourselves get distracted by the UEFA Cup or talk of European qualification," said the coach.

"I want to see a good performance and three more points on Sunday."

i think under 2,5 is a potensial bet today. __________________________________________________________

Re: UEFA Cup (22 Feb) If we loofing at the names of the players , then yes Benfica it is the better team! But if we look at first leg Benfica look like a ordinary team! Dinamo will have on hes side 12.000 fanatick suporters and this will not be an easy game for the portugese team. I think Dinamo will be the team witch will go forward after that game. Dinamo will start this game with :Lobont, Blay,Moti,Radu, Pulhac, Cristea, Margaritescu, D.Serban. C.Munteanu,Niculescu,Danciulescu. Dinamo is a very good attacking team and in this match they had to do what they do best: atack! So i belive that Dinamo will be the winner in this match!

Re: UEFA Cup (22 Feb) Nancy - Shaktar x2 1.58 WHY?Because the first game betwen them was a lucky one for Nancy,Marica missed the goal in 4-5 good situations.Last year Shaktar did the same.She has qualified away.Now is the moment for Lucescu &Co. to show want foobal can play.I said also in the weekend that Nancy is the best team in France at home but i went onP.S.G..without any risks.I do the same here.NANCY is a team which doesn't know to concentrate in important matches.Shaktar is going there on counter-attack which knows very well.,They don't know to pass the ball much,they have a very fast stricker in person of Marica which will make the diference to let down all bad misses he had done in previous match. So Shaktar not to loose. GL:ok :ok :ok :ok

Re: UEFA Cup (22 Feb) :ok :ok :ok :ok :ok AZ - FENER -1 1.6 Seems to be a strong match ! But AZ showed his real face ON Fener's HOT stadium.They deserved to win but they didn't.Why?Because they are going to win Tommorow more than sure.I have saw then playing at Groningen.I was sure that match was going to end draw because Groningen is a good team and they palyed at home.Now AZ should win without problem.Fener isn't a 'visitors' team,they don't know to play away.So i think AZ is very sure by 1-0 2-0 2-1 GL

If we loofing at the names of the players ' date=' then yes Benfica it is the better team! But if we look at first leg Benfica look like a ordinary team! [/quote'] Yep, I realize that 1st leg was nothing special from Benfica but still as you confess they are better players and I still bet that it is Portugese team that will advance to the next round. Supporters don't play. What's more Benfica' players are accustomed to the big crowd. Great news for me, indeed. If the hosts will attack then Benfica will have more space for their conter attacks! Benfica players are better technically so they should take advantage of that. I have a chance, mate! I still believe that Benfica x2 (1.50) is a good bet as well as BENFICA TO ADVANCE :ok Good luck with your bets.

Re: UEFA Cup (22 Feb) I went back and looked at all the second UEFA Cup legs in which the home team was coming off a draw on the road, and found that most such teams won and advanced. When I looked at the lines for tomorrow and then checked these against the stats, I decided I'd jump on all five, although the first would be my pick for the best. So: Soccer - Osasuna - spread -½ (+102) for the regulation time held on Feb 22 at 2:45pm [pending] Soccer - Maccabi Haifa - spread pk (+135) for the regulation time held on Feb 22 at 1:45pm [pending] Soccer - Nancy - spread -½ (+121) for the regulation time held on Feb 22 at 1:00pm [pending] Soccer - AZ Alkmaar - spread -1 (+130) for the regulation time held on Feb 22 at 12:45pm [pending] Soccer - Celta de Vigo - spread -½ (-115) for the regulation time held on Feb 22 at 2:45pm [pending] Osasuna plays Bordeaux off the 0-0 first leg...the Spaniards are 6-1-1 in their last 8 at home, the Frenchmen 3-1-4 in their last 8 away. Mac Haifa hosts CSKA Moscow off the 0-0 first leg. Moscow not a great traveler at the end of last season, and they are perhaps a bit rusty, while Haifa (4-2-2 over last 8 at home) are in season at the moment. Nancy hosts Shaktar Donetsk off the 1-1 draw...Donetsk also off a long break but the stats suggest these two are very closely matched. This is the one that worries me the most. AZ has never lost at home in European competition and Fenerbahce far better at home than on the road. Still, with the 3-3 first leg, any goals Fener scores puts tremendous pressure on AZ for the outright win. Celta hosts Spartak Moscow off the 1-1 draw. Neither team going great shakes lately, and Spartak off a long break. *** Anyway, the juice-free lines have led me to take all five instead of just the Osasuna game. BOL all

Re: UEFA Cup (22 Feb) I was looking for tonights banker ad couldnt pass by AZ Alkmaar and Rangers. AZ Alkmaar, well I see it this way. If AZ could score 3 in away game and fener hardly managed to get a draw I think it will be an easy and comfortable win for AZ tonight with one potential problem, Mateja Kezman, serbian who played for PSV and really knows mentality of dutch teams, I think he could even score tonight but probably it wont be enough to grab a positive result against strong AZ home side! good luck wit this and Ill go for : HOME WIN - 1,60 with full stakes! Glasgow Rangers : Main reason for this bet is Israelians bad form when they play away from home and obvious quality diference between two teams. Other reason is that Rangers Must win tonight as they lost in first leg and with Boyd in attack, Dado Prso also involved I see a nice clear home win here. Just for the record be aware of injury status of rangers, they have been hit with lots of injuryes, suspensions, ineligible players etc. Still Im confident about: HOME WIN - 1,60 with 8/10 stakes ! :hope:hope Good luck to you all and myself ofcourse:):)

Dinamo Bukareszt - Benfica Lisbon x2 (1.50) Benfica despite winning (1-0) made a poor performance in the 1st Leg last week. However, I still rate the Portugese side as the better one here and in the 2nd Leg I bet that Benfica will not lose and get the promotion to the next round. Dinamo hasn't started their domestic season yet so I guess that the hosts could be not 100% prepared. All in all, Benfica has better players, better prepared and the visitors are my favourites.
Are you really gonna bet REAL money on an odd like 1.50 ??? And a double chance? Where the .... is the value mate? I agree on the fact that the 12 000 suporter can not harm Benfica. Plus there is a speed track around the field so the suporters are actually far from the pitch. I've seen Benfica playing away in their championship and beside the fact that only a few teams are actually worth watching in Portugal league they simply stink! If Benfica will play the usual away game they will loose and they will loose big time! A small bet for me: Dinamo -1 AH @ 4.90

EventAz Alkmaar - Fenerbahce
SelectionFenerbahce
Strength5/10
Date22/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 5.50 (Back)
ReasoningI watched the first game in which Fener had lots of missings in defense and they were very important missings. They had missings also in forward still they scored three goals. I think Alkmaar is overrated for this match. I know they got missings too but fener will be really motivated for this match and I'm sure they would win at least 1 out of 5 matches like this so it's a nice price. Also there is lots of money going on in lay alkmaar market so this also makes me comfortable maybe some info arrived. the right odds should be 3.5 to 4.

Are you really gonna bet REAL money on an odd like 1.50 ??? And a double chance? Where the .... is the value mate? I agree on the fact that the 12 000 suporter can not harm Benfica. Plus there is a speed track around the field so the suporters are actually far from the pitch. I've seen Benfica playing away in their championship and beside the fact that only a few teams are actually worth watching in Portugal league they simply stink! If Benfica will play the usual away game they will loose and they will loose big time! A small bet for me: Dinamo -1 AH @ 4.90
Truly speaking, I am not going to bet on this game at all - especially as I agree with what you've stated that there is no value in that odds. However, I posted this pick as I've got a bet "Benfica to advance" taken 2 weeks ago and I truly believe that Benfica will not lose in Bukarest and advance to the next round. All in all, Benfica is a better team than Dinamo and will advance tonight. Good Luck with your bets! Probable lines-up: 1-17024367690573c8a4ccf_660_335_.jpg

AZ Alkmaar - Fenerbache from: http://www.sportinglife.com AZ Alkmaar coach Louis van Gaal has warned his players they must learn to defend better if they are to be successful in the UEFA Cup this season. AZ entertain Fenerbache as favourites to secure a place in the last 16 of the tournament after a thrilling 3-3 draw in Istanbul in the first leg. But AZ conceded two late goals to hand the Turkish outfit a lifeline, and Van Gaal is frustrated his side do not have more of an advantage heading into the second leg. Van Gaal will be without a number of key players for Thursday's clash, with Joey Didulica and Stijn Schaars ruled out with ankle injuries and Khalid Sinouh and David Mendes da Silva sidelined with knee problems. Simon Cziommer and Rogier Molhoek are also doubts with thigh injuries. Fener coach Zico rates his team as slight underdogs to progress. However, they have been boosted with the return of star striker Mateja Kezman and Semih Senturk, both of whom were suspended for the first leg.
Yes, we all know sportinglife.com. Please, stop overloading these forums! :spank

Uefa.jpg

BAYER Leverkusen coach Michael Skibbe insists his team cannot afford to sit back against Blackburn Rovers tonight. The Germans go into this evening's UEFA Cup round of 32-second leg clutching a priceless one-goal advantage following their 3-2 success at the Bay Arena last week.

However, Skibbe is worried a defensive approach at Ewood could spell danger for the Bundesliga visitors, who looked vulnerable whenever they came under sustained pressure in the first leg.

A victory for Rovers tonight would see them progress into the last 16 of the UEFA Cup. They are also still in the FA Cup with a reply against the Gunners to come and they are still within shouting distance for a top 6 finish. Injuries have caused Blackburn a problem lately but tonight should see Morten Gamst Pedersen back in the squad after a minor hamstring injury. Matt Derbyshire who has been a revelation for Rovers this season scoring 5 goals so far in 16 games may also get the nod to partner Benni McCarthy in attack, which would mean Nonda -who scored the vital 2nd goal in Germany-on the bench along with Paul Gallagher.

Bayer are set to welcome back their Brazilian defender Juan, who missed the first leg through injury. If Rovers are to progress to the next round they must keep tabs on the brilliant Schneider who was easily Bayer’s best player for them 2 weeks ago, he will go head to head with Rovers best player on the night David Bentley who gave a hand in the Rovers goals. Another great player for Bayer is the Liverpool bound Voronin. The Ukrainian international is a constant goalscorer who scored 15 goals for them last season and already he has 6 this term. All the fans will be getting behind Rovers who have in the past suffered from poor home crowds but tonight season ticket holders get in free and children will only ask to a £1.00 so hopefully we should have a good crowd to help Rovers into the next round. All Rovers need to do tonight is get an early lead and keep a clean sheet something which they did very well in the last game against Arsenal at the Emirates stadium to force a reply in the FA Cup. If you look back on the goals scored by Bayer I would say they were lucky goals as 1 was a deflection and the other by Schneider just hit the post and trickled in, maybe lady luck wont be so kind tonight.? My prediction tonight is 2-0 to the home side. C'mon you Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuesssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ajax - Werder Pick: under 2.5 @2.46 at betfair
Ajax have big problems with the team. Many injuries, suspended players, Davids cannot play. Defensive players are out. Youngsters will play in defense. The coach interview very pessimistic about chances. It seems they have said good bye to Europe. Werder already won this one. I doubt many key players will be involved. Still waiting on team news. Anyway, they a going more like a trip to Holland than to play football. I expect quite boring protocol game.

AZ Alkmaar - Fenerbache from: http://www.sportinglife.com Van Gaal will be without a number of key players for Thursday's clash, with Joey Didulica and Stijn Schaars ruled out with ankle injuries and Khalid Sinouh and David Mendes da Silva sidelined with knee problems. Simon Cziommer and Rogier Molhoek are also doubts with thigh injuries.
Everytime I keep reading that AZ miss a whole load of players. Well, like every time, I can say that Didulica and Schaars have been injured for quite a while and haven't been missed. Sinouh isn't a real miss because he isn't a good goalkeeper, Waterman will be a decent replacement. Cziommer hasn't had a first team place most of the season. Medes da Silva is an important player (replaceable though) but he missed last match at Fenerbahce as well. On the positive side Arveladze is back after being sidelined with flu, and Molhoek is also fit. btw, AZ have never lost a European home match.

Re: UEFA Cup (22 Feb) Blackburn Rovers Friedel - Khizanishvili, Nelsen, Henchoz, Warnock - Bentley, Tugay, Dunn, Emerton - Nonda, Derbyshire Bayer Leverkusen Butt - Castro, Juan, Haggui, Babic - Ramelow, Rolfes - Freier, B. Schneider, Athirson - Kießling __________________________________________________________ Ajax Amsterdam Stekelenburg - Ogararu, Roger, Stam - Maduro, Heitinga, Sneijder, Gabri - De Mul, Huntelaar, Babel Werder Bremen Wiese - C. Fritz, Mertesacker, Naldo, Womé - Frings - D. Jensen, Borowski - Diego - Klose, Hunt Ajax Amsterdam v Werder Bremen: PreviewPA AMSTERDAM, February 21 (UEFA Cup) - Werder Bremen head to Ajax on Thursday for a welcome break from the rigours of a fading Bundesliga title challenge. Three consecutive domestic defeats - the last of which was a 2-0 loss at home to north German rivals Hamburg - has seen Thomas Schaaf's side drop seven points off the pace currently set by Schalke. However, a 3-0 win over Ajax a week ago means Werder can plan for a prolonged spell in the UEFA Cup ahead of the second leg of their Round of 32 tie in Amsterdam on Thursday. This competition may be their last hope of silverware this season, but Schaaf is remaining upbeat. ``I am not one to get carried away when things are going well, but I don't see everything negative either,'' he said. ``We have won two games since the winter break and were fantastic in the first leg against Ajax.'' Schaaf may take a few risks on Thursday with his side's passage into the last 16 almost secured. He has called five youngsters into his squad and players like Tim Borowski and Naldo may be left out as a precaution due to niggling injuries. That may not be the case for Miroslav Klose, though, who despite suffering from a broken thumb, is unlikely to be included as he bids to regain his goalscoring touch. Ajax coach Henk ten Cate is aware his side need a near-miracle to progress and rates his side's chances at just ``1%''. ``We need a win and we can only play for victory looking to the attacking attitude of my players,'' he said. Ten Cate insists his men will not simply go through the motions against the Germans in order to preserve themselves for the crunch Eredivisie clash with AZ Alkmaar at the weekend. He added: ``We start thinking about AZ on Friday. ``At this moment we need a win to get there with a good feeling.''

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Dinamo Bucharest vs. Benfica
Selection Over 2 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 22/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price 10bet @ 1.93 (Back)
Reasoning Tough match to call, i still give the edge to Benfica to pull it through, but it will be hard for them. Anyway Dinamo is chasing the result today after 1-0 1st leg loss...but i cant see Benfica defending themselves, i mean theyve got Karagounis, Rui Costa, Simao and Nuno Gomes in the lineup - thats 3 off midfielders and one striker. Also not a lot of games with those two teams involved have finished with under two goals scored so IMO Dinamo attacking and probably getting one goal and if Benfica also scores the Romanians will have to chase the result and leave a lot of space open at the back for the Benficas counters. IMO a bet will be at lest a push
Event Maccabi Haifa vs. CSKA Moscow
Selection CSKA Moscow (-0.25) (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 22/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price 10bet @ 1.91 (Back)
Reasoning Like the odds for the CSKA win, they have better team, but they have the disadvantage that they are not in the week in week out playing rhytm because of the schedule of their championships. But IMO they are better in every other aspect of the football game, heck they got tradition on their side as they won UEFA cup two years ago. Reall cant see them ending their Euro campaign so early...and maybe even not conceeding goals, as media is linking their goalie Akinfeev with transfer to AC Milan, so the net should be safe with the help of Berezutsky brothers...
Event Parma vs. Sporting Braga
Selection Sporting Braga (+0.25) (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 22/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price Bet1128 @ 2.05 (Back)
Reasoning Okay i know the Parma in Eurocups is probalby different team as in Serie A, but i cant loose the feeling that their coach is entirely focused on saving their asses from dropping to Serie B, than progressing to the next round of UEFA cup. IMO a low scoring game with Parma trying to score and imo if they dont succeed in doing that in the first 15 minutes; under 2 bet and at least a draw for the visitors is for taking...also like DNB for this game which is valued @ 2.75 at most bookies.
Event AZ Alkmaar vs. Fenerbahce
Selection Under 3 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 22/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price 10bet @ 1.91 (Back)
Reasoning IMO nice odds for the under 3 goals play in this game. I really cant see much attacking going on in this match, Van Gaal will surely play it safe and wait for the visitors to attack and then try to score goals from the counter attacks, and also the visitors know they just need one goal to progress and they surely wont be rushing things too much.
Event Nancy vs. Shakhtar Donetsk
Selection Shakhtar Donetsk (+0.25) (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 22/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price 10bet @ 1.83 (Back)
Reasoning Two reasons for this bet..and must say that i see the Ukranians as favs in this match. First one is European experiences, as Shaktar are now consistently playing in Europe and have played more tough games away as Nancy. Second one is the team that Shaktar have, not to mention the Brazilian contingent in their roster... i rate them very highly and cant see them ending the match with at least one or two goals scored. ..and yeah, cant forget that Shaktar beat AS Roma this season...
Event Osasuna vs. Bordeaux
Selection Osasuna (-0.5) (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 22/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 2.05 (Back)
Reasoning Going for Osasunas straight win in this match as they are performing really well in front of their crowd, sure they had some bad results lately - lost away to Gimnastic and at home to Celta but IMO that could be also linked with their preparation to the UEFA cup game vs. Bordeaux. Theyve done their job in France and now they will count on Milosevic and Soldado to produce goals. Also cant see bad luck dropping on Osasuna twice in a row, as they were in same position in the CL qualifying stage, as they drew first match in Hamburg 0-0, and then lost on away goals with goals conceeded in the last minutes of the game - De Jong was the executer then. IMO the bigest danger that can ruin this bet is Micoud who is returning to squad, but with Bordeaux playing with only one striker Chamakh cant see them causing lot of threat...IMO a 1-0 or 2-0 for Osasuna

Re: UEFA Cup (22 Feb) wow...seems i cant post something nice from work anymore...sorry for that crap post, will edit it when i get home....something is surely wrong with my PC here...and was so careful at copying....anyway much better to read these picks on the SP page..but they will be "esteticly improved" at around 16.00 CET.thank you for patience, and again sorry!