** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Cup (22 Feb)

Re: UEFA Cup (22 Feb)

AZ Alkmaar vs. Fenerbahce: Under 3 goals IMO nice odds for the under 3 goals play in this game. I really cant see much attacking going on in this match' date=' Van Gaal will surely play it safe and wait for the visitors to attack and then try to score goals from the counter attacks[/quote'] AZ and not attacking is a contradiction in terms.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you really gonna bet REAL money on an odd like 1.50 ??? And a double chance? Where the .... is the value mate? I agree on the fact that the 12 000 suporter can not harm Benfica. Plus there is a speed track around the field so the suporters are actually far from the pitch. I've seen Benfica playing away in their championship and beside the fact that only a few teams are actually worth watching in Portugal league they simply stink! If Benfica will play the usual away game they will loose and they will loose big time! A small bet for me: Dinamo -1 AH @ 4.90
I think you are too optimistic with your bet godmato. I also fancy Dinamo, but im not so sure about the handicap. Just don't get fooled by the game @ Lisbon, remember they missed couple big chances and if it wasnt for Lobont and that free kick that hit the bar Dinamo would start today from 0-3 down. Besides that single shot from Niculescu, Dinamo didnt find the target in 90 mins. Tonight it will be another storry, having the crowd behind them, but Benfica didnt come here to defend. I'm having a nabble on 1-0 CS and Dinamo -0.25 odds 2.18 @ bet1128. Gl with your bet tho :hope

Re: UEFA Cup (22 Feb) Dinamo Bucuresti-Benfica Lisabona UEFA pick: home 2.55@expekt Dinamo is in a must win situation, to confirm that they are a powerful team and that they can do some important performances in Uefa,like Steaua and Rapid did last year. They will meet a real force in Europe, Benfica,who is on good form lately . Benfica dominated the game against Dinamo in Lisboa, but they didnt seem to be extremly dangerous!Benfica had 3 or 4 for chances but they were doing lots of stupid mistakes. Dinamo defend well the result unil the final minutes of the game,also Lobont was great in the net. If Dinamo have dare more in that game they could score and they could have a nice result. In Bucharest, Dinamo will try to win to qualify, and they will have maximum suport from the public.The tikets are sold out for this game and Dinamo has 20000 euro /each for a win who will qualify Dinamo. Cristea is injured for Dinamo, also Rui Costa and Nuno Assis will not play for Benfica. The diference between those 2 teams is not so big as some said, and i hope the home team will win this. GL!

Everytime I keep reading that AZ miss a whole load of players.
Same case with Newcastle, mate. For 6 months now almost every game prview mentions they have a long list of injuries. Well, guess what. Thy're same players whom have been missing a month ago.. 3 months ago, and back in August! There's really no point in talking about an injury crisis when the team has been playing for months without these players. The real news is if/when one of them comes back, as was the case when Babayaro played against Liverpool.

I think you are too optimistic with your bet godmato. I also fancy Dinamo' date=' but im not so sure about the handicap. Just don't get fooled by the game @ Lisbon, remember they missed couple big chances and if it wasnt for Lobont and that free kick that hit the bar Dinamo would start today from 0-3 down. Besides that single shot from Niculescu, Dinamo didnt find the target in 90 mins. Tonight it will be another storry, having the crowd behind them, but Benfica didnt come here to defend. I'm having a nabble on 1-0 CS and Dinamo -0.25 odds 2.18 @ bet1128. Gl with your bet tho :hope[/quote'] you're wright: i'm optimistic that's why i bet small ... but it is a chance and i like the odd. btw i got FREE tickets to watch the game. tribuna 0 :) I'm just hoping not too see a boring 0-0 with no chances game...

Originally Posted by expert AZ Alkmaar vs. Fenerbahce: Under 3 goals IMO nice odds for the under 3 goals play in this game. I really cant see much attacking going on in this match, Van Gaal will surely play it safe and wait for the visitors to attack and then try to score goals from the counter attacks AZ and not attacking is a contradiction in terms.
This is a no bet for me, but situational it is very different. AZ goes through with a draw as long as it's not 4-4 or 5-5, so I can see them pulling back the attack. The trouble is that Fener, even though they are not great on the road, must attack to get a win, which leaves them vulnerable at the back to the counter. So I could see Fener trying to carefully milk a 1-0 lead...or I could see AZ get a goal and then Fener to press and before you know it it's 3-1.

I agree! Both teams hardly know anything about defenssive play. Well, maybe they've "heard of it", but never actually practice it!
Check the stats. AZ at home: 4 goals conceded in last 8. Fener on away: 5 goals conceded last 8. The fact is that AZ has many more overs on the road, where they have trouble keeping a clean sheet, and Fener plays many defensive games on the road.

Re: UEFA Cup (22 Feb) Theres no Thomson which isnt a huge blow to be honest as it stands, no barry ferguson though whos been the main man when it comes to rangers in europe. Hemdani should replace Svensson (whos injury is more of a blessing) Hemdani is a better player but he may have to be dropping back from the preferred midfield role. Kris Boyd to score first

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventNancy x Shakhtar
SelectionShakhtar (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date22/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.45 (Lay)
ReasoningIn the first leg Nancy obtained an excellent one resulted tying up to for 1x1 and today at home needs only one draw without gols to classify itself and Nancy is the best team playing at home no French championship with a 9-1-3 register the one that leaves me confident to obtain its objective. The Shacktar will not have its captain Tymoshchuk for the game today. After the defeat for the PSG in this last weekend at home Nancy must show for its fans better a soccer today.

Re: UEFA Cup (22 Feb) don't forget today kezmanax is back and he is medicine for Fener team.He knows Dutch football very well and very ambitious for this match.Now Lugano is back in defence and Fener's defense will be more stable.I guess a shocking surprise result from Fener and qualify for next round

Re: UEFA Cup (22 Feb) I can't help but see some value on Ajax despite the missings in defence and of Davids. Ajax will focus on offence right away and should make troubles to a currently rather shaky Werder defence in which Naldo as important player is doubtful. Werder is having unusual big problems in their play atm and might loose this easily what still would be enough in most cases to advance into next round thanks to the 3-0 in first leg. Diego and Klose have hit poor form also. @2.7

I went back and looked at all the second UEFA Cup legs in which the home team was coming off a draw on the road, and found that most such teams won and advanced. When I looked at the lines for tomorrow and then checked these against the stats, I decided I'd jump on all five, although the first would be my pick for the best. So: Soccer - Osasuna - spread -½ (+102) for the regulation time held on Feb 22 at 2:45pm [pending] Soccer - Maccabi Haifa - spread pk (+135) for the regulation time held on Feb 22 at 1:45pm [pending] Soccer - Nancy - spread -½ (+121) for the regulation time held on Feb 22 at 1:00pm [pending] Soccer - AZ Alkmaar - spread -1 (+130) for the regulation time held on Feb 22 at 12:45pm [pending] Soccer - Celta de Vigo - spread -½ (-115) for the regulation time held on Feb 22 at 2:45pm [pending]
I posted my picks and reasoning a couple days ago, and since then the money is moving away from AZ, Haifa and Nancy. FWIW, I will now post the results of the last three years of UEFA Cup, all round-of-32 and round-of-16 games in which a team hosted the second leg off a draw on the road: ROUND OF 32 2005-6 Marseille 0-0, won 2-1 vs Bolton 2004-5 Stuttgart 0-0, draw 0-0 vs Parma Dnipro 2-2, lost 0-1 vs Partizan Schalke 1-1, lost 0-1 to Shakhtar Middlesbrough 2-2, won 2-1 vs GAK AZ 0-0, won 2-1 vs Aachen Lille 0-0, won 2-0 vs Basel Villareal 0-0, won 2-0 vs Dynamo Kyiv Athletic 0-0, lost 1-2 vs Austria 2003-4 Villareal 2-2, won 3-0 vs Galatasaray PSV 0-0, won 3-1 vs Perugia Inter 2-2, draw 0-0 vs Sochaux Panathinaikos 0-0, lost 1-0 vs Auxerre Newcastle 1-1, won 3-1 vs Valerenga ROUND OF 16 2005-6 Betis 0-0, lost 0-3 vs Steaua Levski 0-0, won 2-1 vs Udinese 2004-5 Parma 0-0, won vs Seville 1-0 CSKA Moscow 1-1, won 2-0 vs Partizan Zaragoza 1-1, draw 2-2 vs Austria Villareal 0-0, won 2-0 vs Steaua 2003-4 Inter 0-0, won 4-3 vs Benfica Marseille 1-1, won 2-1 vs Liverpool PSV 1-1, won 3-0 vs Auxerre THREE-YEAR TOTAL FOR ROUND OF 32: 8-2-4 THREE-YEAR TOTAL FOR ROUND OF 16: 7-1-1 TOTAL: 15 wins, 3 draws, 5 losses

Re: UEFA Cup (22 Feb) AZ hosting Fenerbahce in this return leg after 3:3 in Turkey. The job is practically done here for them, as they just don't have to looose. First game showed that when these two teams play we can expect a lot of goals. I see again more then 3 and 4 goals look to me like a possible scenario. 3:1 or 2:2 will do it. But AZ won't loose... 4 goals to be scored, Interwetten @4.5. AZ to win, betfair @1.72. They showed they are better team in first leg and should confirm that in this one at theior home with a win. GL~

Re: UEFA Cup (22 Feb) Shakhtar Donetsk (+0.25) BetDirect @ 2.08 I do not know very much about these teams, I have to admit, but when I watched the first leg of this meeting I just could not believe nancy getting away with a draw. Shakhtar played great attacking football, but forgot one important thing: Put the ball in the net... Nancy are a strong home team, but their form does not look very strong, and I can't thhink of any reason to why Shakhtar could not get a win and go through to next stage. Cska Moscow (-0.25) Betdaq @ 1.95 Maccabi are not a very strong team at this level imo, I was not very impressed byt their performance in the first leg, they were lucky to get away with a draw. Cska have experience from European matches and a very talented team who for sure wants to stay in this competition, I give them a good chance to get a win here, although the fact that they are off season speaks against them somewhat.

Re: UEFA Cup (22 Feb) Dinamo v Benfica Only game that interests me tonight as the home side seem to be totally under-rated here. Benfica were very poor in the first game and a repeat of that would see Dinamo win and win well. Time and Time again, I see these East European teams overly priced when at home and one more this is the case. Dinamo -1 (EH) @ 6.0 Paddy Power

Shakhtar Donetsk (+0.25) BetDirect @ 2.08 I do not know very much about these teams, I have to admit, but when I watched the first leg of this meeting I just could not believe nancy getting away with a draw. Shakhtar played great attacking football, but forgot one important thing: Put the ball in the net... Nancy are a strong home team, but their form does not look very strong, and I can't thhink of any reason to why Shakhtar could not get a win and go through to next stage. Cska Moscow (-0.25) Betdaq @ 1.95 Maccabi are not a very strong team at this level imo, I was not very impressed byt their performance in the first leg, they were lucky to get away with a draw. Cska have experience from European matches and a very talented team who for sure wants to stay in this competition, I give them a good chance to get a win here, although the fact that they are off season speaks against them somewhat.
I had £50 double on CSKA and Shakhtar both to win! Think Love may have been missing for Cska somehow apt as their games were played on Valentine's day. Still suprised to see both draw when they're both a lot better teams than those they faced. I like the look of both of those too!

Re: UEFA Cup (22 Feb) Blackburn hosting Leverkusen in this return leg after 3:2 win for German side. Blackburn will look for a minimum win which would be just fine to advance. Leverkusen will play more closed then they use to and will try to seek a goal through counters. I don't think we will see again a high scoring game, but 2 at most. My bet is Under 2.5 goals, Pinnacle @2.1. GL~

Re: UEFA Cup (22 Feb) Glasgow Rangers (-1) (AH) Betdaq @ 2.02 Hapoel was lucky to get away with a 2-1 win at home, imo Rangers performed good enough to get at least a draw, but thats the way football is sometimes. This evening will be a different matter altogether, I predict a match were Rangers aim to score as soon as possible and will achive just that by comain at Hapoel with full force from the start. Rangers may not be any world beaters neither in the leuage or in europe this season, but a formless Hapoel should be an opponant they will be able to beat at home with more than one goal.

I had £50 double on CSKA and Shakhtar both to win! Think Love may have been missing for Cska somehow apt as their games were played on Valentine's day. Still suprised to see both draw when they're both a lot better teams than those they faced. I like the look of both of those too!
I sure hope we both win :hope

Re: UEFA Cup (22 Feb) Panathinaikos hosting Lens after 3:1 defeat in first leg. So even with a minimal loss French side can advance. But I don't think they will loose at all. Lens is a team in rise lately and they can win this return game aswell. Greek team is nothing much nowdays, all they have is their name. I will back Lens once again, they can snatch another win through deadly counters. Home team should have ball more in their legs but Lens should be more concrete imo. Pick Lens, bet365 @3.3. GL~

Panathinaikos hosting Lens after 3:1 defeat in first leg. So even with a minimal loss French side can advance. But I don't think they will loose at all. Lens is a team in rise lately and they can win this return game aswell. Greek team is nothing much nowdays, all they have is their name. I will back Lens once again, they can snatch another win through deadly counters. Home team should have ball more in their legs but Lens should be more concrete imo. Pick Lens, bet365 @3.3. GL~
no no,totally disagree,i watched last evening pana barca basket,i think the whole winning tempo to be transfered to the soccer team home win BANKER @2.12

Re: UEFA Cup (22 Feb) Sevilla hosting Steaua after 2:0 win in Romania. The job is practically done and Spanish side with try to control the situation here without risking too much. Steaua is known for beeing tough opponent in away matches so I doubt in such condition they will get another similar loss like the one at home. I see Sevilla winning again but probably with just one goal margine. 1:0 or 2:1 will do it. Cannot see them not wining at home, but also them winning with some higher score. [email protected]. GL~

Re: UEFA Cup (22 Feb) PSG to win Betdaq @ 1.63 Although Psg got a great result in the first leg i'm sure they will try to keep their good momentum now, 4-1-0 last 5 matches, making things look brighter after a poos season up til now. AEK look shaky to say the least, got destroyed by Panathinaikos last meet, lost 1-4, and are now 0-3-2 last 5 matches. From what I gather AEK's spirit is very low now, and I simply don't think they will get anything from this match. PSG will miss attacker Kalou this evening, but Pauleta should be able to do the job.

no no,totally disagree,i watched last evening pana barca basket,i think the whole winning tempo to be transfered to the soccer team home win BANKER @2.12
Humm. Yeah, I heard Pana players hired David Coperfield to transfer them to CL final this season aswell. ;)

Re: UEFA Cup (22 Feb) Rangers hosting Hapoel. Team from Israel won the first match 2:1. So once again they showed they are pretty tough team despite all. Rangers will have to play extremely well to pass them let me tell you. I see Rangers kinda already see them in next phase, but as I said they will have to prove that on the pitch. I will try a bet on Rangers to win with just one goal margine, Interwetten @3.7. 1:0, or 2:1 will do it. GL~