** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15)

archaeus

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) Shakhtar play was in fact really bad, I had fears for Nancy as thay can play very tactical away from home and i was quite pleased with their performance. You should consider that with a bit of luck nancy colud win, becouse they had been in front late in the game, shakhtar only managed to even the scores and I am very dissapointed in their game, obviously lack of fitness costs them. And thats the reason to be carefull for tonights game of Spartak Moscow, just be carefull. And for Zulte vs. Newcastle I will not bet on total goals, I will rather take straight newcastle win if I decide to bet on that game. My main bet ,and with fair amount of money for tonight will be LEns-Panathenaikos and I just hope that Lens wont let me down :clap

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) I'll think twice at Spartak.I know it's a strong match but home win is probably beacuse Celta's situation in Primera.For Celta comes a visit to Osasuna,a hard field therea and maybe Celta will think at that match .Hu knows?I don't see Newcastle to win at Waregem,sure is Wagerem score at least once...

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) Waregem over 2.5 @ 2.00 (Centrebet) Both teams are attack minded and this should be the same here. Waregem saw all 4 of its group games go over whiel Newcastle have defensive problems but do score goals as evidenced by there last 6 games in the EPL going over Lens over 2.5 @ 2.30 (centrebet) Lens are riding high second in the French league and will be looking to maintain their good form with a win over a Panathinaikos side struggling with injuries in defence. They know that there only way to get a result in this game is to score so look to them to open the game up with an early goal while Lens will be keen to ensure a victory at home

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15)

@the first look; both fenerbahçe- az alkmaar and werder-ajax should be izi over 2,5 or 3,5 (maybe even 4,5) i believe that in istanbul alkmaar will score at least 1 goal so it means clear over for me.and nothin' has it say so much.neither werder nor ajax are defensive teams so that one should be done for over 2,5 too. first one' price is @ 1,50 somewhere and it is value imo.should be taken.
3-3 just as expected :nana

The banker today for me is
Lens
. Most of the reasons are already said above so I will not repeat them. Squads are anounced. Lens is almost full squad without 2 serbians. I hope the manager motivate the players. The greeks will play defencive. I don't think their defence will survive 90 mins. Lens score a lot in recent games. The only thing that bothers me is motivation and concentration of the players.

Odds for Lens are dropping fast. Many people are betting huge stakes on them. I hate to bet on a game on which everyone is backing as it usually turns out that everyone is loosing money. I went with medium stakes at 1.69 @ betfair

GL

Shakhtar play was in fact really bad, I had fears for Nancy as thay can play very tactical away from home and i was quite pleased with their performance. You should consider that with a bit of luck nancy colud win, becouse they had been in front late in the game, shakhtar only managed to even the scores and I am very dissapointed in their game, obviously lack of fitness costs them. And thats the reason to be carefull for tonights game of Spartak Moscow, just be carefull. And for Zulte vs. Newcastle I will not bet on total goals, I will rather take straight newcastle win if I decide to bet on that game. My main bet ,and with fair amount of money for tonight will be LEns-Panathenaikos and I just hope that Lens wont let me down :clap
I cant agree with you on shaktor yesterday,they were dominant in the first half and could have easily gone into the 2nd half a couple of goals up.They ran out of steam a little in the 2nd as should be expected,but on the 90 min play they deserved a win.I think this result has left a few punters shell shocked and afraid to back Spartak today,but Spartak artificial pitch can give them a decisive edge against teams not completely focused on the job.Celta have relegation worries a thursday game will not be welcomed to the bigger picture.

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) In my opinion the banker of day is Sevilla on double X2. For the home team it is the first mach on this year and it will be a very hard one. Sevilla on the other side is in full championship and they form it's gething bether! The home squad best player N.Dica is out for 2 mounth and that thing will be decisivee in my opinion! So i'am go for Steaua Sevilla X2 for 1,35!

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) A good idee for the one hu want to swing in money after this match is Steaua-Sevilla x HT.I may bet on this match a good pot because i have thought very well at this march.Steaua can face Sevilla in the first half..Sevilla HASN'T palyed well in the last matches and here probably will adopt a defensive tactic.I think Cosmin Olaroiu will make the same think.He dosn't like to risc something so I go for a x HT

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) UEFA Cup: Spartak (-1) v Celta Vigo 1 @ 4.10 @ Expekt 10 points Spartak Moscow have played their last competitive game on 12 December when they won away at Sporting CP by 3-1. They finished second in their league with same number of points of the first but possessed the best attack of the league with 60 goals and 13 more than the winners. Spartak have plethora of good strikers and can be expected to score on Celta tonight. They are good at home particularly and in their league they lost only two games overall. Celta Vigo have dropped in form. They finished second in their group but with half the points (5) of Newcastle (10). One win, two draws and one defeat is not a brilliant record. In their local league Celta sit at two places from bottom in the drop zone and are winless in at least 10 last games with five draws and five losses. In last six games they lost five and managed only a draw against poorer Gimnastic. I see a clear win of Spartak here and choose the home win with the handicap (-1) @ 4.10 @ Expekt 10 points:nana

In my opinion the banker of day is Sevilla on double X2. For the home team it is the first mach on this year and it will be a very hard one. Sevilla on the other side is in full championship and they form it's gething bether! The home squad best player N.Dica is out for 2 mounth and that thing will be decisivee in my opinion! So i'am go for Steaua Sevilla X2 for 1' date='35![/quote'] There is no value in 1.35 for X2. May be you're saying this because you're a fan of Dinamo Bucharest?

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventSteaua-FcSevilla
SelectionSevilla
Strength7/10
Date15/02/2007
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 2.45 (Back)
ReasoningSteaua -FC Sevilla pick 2 2.45@expekt 5/10 Important game for Steaua and great oprtunity to get a good result if posible against the UEFA holders, FC Sevilla! Steaua is playing without one of the best players,Dica, who was able to decide some important games in championship and in CL.he is a talentated player. In my opinion low chances for Steaua in this game because they arent the team from the last season. Steaua had no chance at home against Real and Lyon and made 1-1 undeserved with Kiev helped by the refrees(2 goals of Kiev dialowed). Sevilla is a powerful team and if they will play decided to secure the qualify this will be an easy task for them, because Steaua will be unable to score with Iacob(he was absent some months), Badea is unexperienced and Thereau is under the level of Steaua. Steaua will have big suport at home but this is not enough becase the diference between the teams is huge in favour of Sevilla!Seviila Also a good bet should be under 2,5 goals GL!

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) In my opinion the banker of today is play Zulte-Waregem / Newcastle over 4 goals - odds 6.4 bet365. A belgian team against an english team!. Verschuere og Dindeleux from Zulte are very doubtfull in this match. Siani , Minne and not less the keeper Vlieger also got small injuries ahead of this match. And its certain that Van Nieuwenhuyze is with suspension. Newcastle today without captain Scott Parker and cup-tied Onyewu. I am certain that this will be a high scoring game with 2 shaking defenses

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) Zulte-Waregem (+0.5:0) Newcastle 2 @ 1.87 betdirect 10 points Zulte won two and lost two in their group stage matches. They started well by two wins, away at Austria Wien (4-1) and at home on Sparta Prague (3-1) but dropped afterwards losing heavily away at Espanyol (2-6) and at home to Ajax (0-3). Newcastle finished first in their group with 3 wins on Celta, Palermo and Fenerbahce. They drew at Franckfurt. The away wins at Palermo and Fenerbahce + the draw at Franckfurt show a good away disposition as all these teams are particularly good at home and Newcastle were not in great form at the time of these matches. Currently Newcastle are in better and improved form. In the premiership they’ve moved up to 8th place and lost only one game to Fulham in last six while winning thrice on high opposition Tottenham, Aston Villa and Liverpool. They can be expected to deliver another great game tonight despite the absences of their midfielder Scott Parker and their USA defender Oguchi Onyewu( ineligible). Newcastle will have back ex-Man United, Nicky Butt to captain the team and Kieron Dyer’s fitness will be checked after he played three games in a week. But Dyer is very good and I expect him in the game tonight. Zulte have been on rather poor form lately. They won last game by 3-1 at home on Standard but to they lost four out of five immediately preceding games playing away, drawing the other one at home.At home they are better but they lost to good teams as Ajax. Zulte-Waregem midfielder Ludwin van Nieuwenhuyze is suspended and goalkeeper Geert De Vlieger is doubtful. Frederic Dindeleux and Matthieu Verschuere will have tests after picking up knocks at the weekend. Newcastle have great ambitions and have taken all care to prepare for that game. I believe they’ll be able to lift the win there tonight. I choose the away win with the – 0.5 handicap @ 1.87 @ betdirect:nana

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) Lens (-1:0) Panathinaikos 1 @ 2.14 @ 10Bet 10 points Lens are in an excellent form and on the local form they won their last three games scoring 10 goals against three conceded after a 3-3 draw against improved St Etienne. They’ve lost only two games in last ten and those losses were to leaders Lyon ten games ago and by 0-1 away at Lorient. In the form they are they should get the better on visiting Panathinaikos tonight. The latter are in a rather patchy form although they are unbeaten in four of last five games, as they won two, drew two and lost one. In the group stage Lens was not so brilliant with 1-1-2 records winning on Osasuna by 3-1. Panathinaikops topped their group with 2-1-1 but their scoring was vey low with a goal tally of 3-4. They lost by 0-4 at other French team PSG on 13 December. I see Lens scoring and winning tonight and would god for the home win with the -1 ball handicap @ 2.14 @ 10Bet :nana

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Steaua B. vs. FC Sevilla
Selection DRAW
Strength 10/10
Date 15/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price Coral @ 3.25 (Back)
Reasoning Seville comes to Bucharest without Javi Navarro, Ivica Dragutinovici, Renato, Jesus Navas si Fernando Sales. their results this year haven't been as enthusiastic as last year. They started the second part of the championship slow with 2 loses and a draw. Now they have 4 draws, all scoreless in the last 5 games. They have real problems scoring but hey remain a very good defensive team also, although they miss important players like Dragutinovici or Navarro. Steaua om the other hand also had problems in the last games finishing scoreless in severa games with mediocre team. Dica, the most important striker is injured for the season. This guy scored 4 goals in 6 matches in the CL this year so he is an important part. But Victoras Iacob is back after a long injury. He led Steaua in European scoring last year, neting 8 in the UEFA cup. Radoi, the defensive midfielder skiper is also back. He is the most important player, valued at more then 10mil $ and whom many teams have struggled to get. After he ercovered from the injury Steaua drew 1-1 with Lyon and lost just 1-0 to Real Madrid, after that unlucky Nicolita own goal. So a much different Steaua team from the first legs with Lyon and Real when they were crushed at home. I don't think Steaua can lose this one. Actually I'm more afraid that they could win it. The other two strikers besides Iacob are Badea and Thereau. Badea quallified Steaua for the CL scoring twice against Standard Liege and he also scored against Real, and the frenchman Thereau is in the best form of his career at Steaua. He scored a tripple no to long ago, and has reached number 8 in goals scored in the League although not playing for most of the season as he was a reserve. I think Seville will hold on to a scoreless draw, but I wish Steaua wins it. GO Steaua!!!

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) Zulte Waregem hosting Newcastle. Big class difference here without any doubts. Zulte advanced to 1/16 finals thanks to their initial two surprising wins over struggling Sparta and Austria. Then they lost their next two games easy. In their last match in group stage Ajax won 3:0 at their home. And I espect similar result in this game aswell. Newcastle is PL team who beat Liverpool in their last game and we all know the strenght of Liverpool, and Zulte is average team from Belgium who should be happy to just be here in this phase. Newcastle can play with full strength in this match as PL is having break this weekend. So can't see Newcastle not winning this game with at least 2 goals advantage. Pick Newcastle -1EH, bet365 @3.3. And I'll take a shot also on Over 3.5 goals, betfair @3.85, as Newcastle won't save energy and they can put max effort in this one and won't be satisfied with 1 or 2 goals scored.

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) Steaua hosting Sevilla. It will be tough for Sevilla against this good Romanian side at their stadium. At first sight this game may seem like without many goals, but I'm not with such opinion. I see both teams scoring today, but couldn't tell which one is more closer to win it. There are arguments on both sides I guess, so it's tough to say really. I'll try a bet on 3 goals to be scored in the match, Interwetten @4.5. As I said I don't see the game with just one or two goals scored(or none). I will follow my gut which tells me we may witness a game with 2:1 win for one of the teams. (Or 3:0, I won't mind:) GL~

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) I will be Laying ZULTE tonight after this statement:

Francky Dury, head coach of SV Zulte Waregem, has made a statement that could interest UEFA officials, as he says he hopes Newcastle knock his team out of the UEFA Cup!
Francky Dury is effectively calling an end to the Belgian club’s European exploits. Dury: “It’s time this European adventure was over. I would like a good result in our home game in Ghent to make the second leg more fun, but after that we will have to concentrate on the league and nothing else. The Uefa Cup has already cost us six points in the league this season and we cannot continue like that.” Mental talk and with Newcastle set to name a full strength side I can see a good win for the toon here.

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) Also remaining on Tyneside to continue with their recovery from injury are Given, Emre, Ameobi, Moore, Owen, Ramage, Bernard, Krul and N'Zogbia. Carr is also injured.http://NUFC.COM

Mental talk and with Newcastle set to name a full strength side I can see a good win for the toon here.
Also the new boy at centre back Onyewu & Scot Parker have not travelled