** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15)

archaeus

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) Shaktar D. - Nancy I will go for Shaktar to win this game.Without injuries Shaktar have the power to score..Marica the best striker for Shaktar(and maybe for Romania national team) is in good form and I think is not so hard to score against Nancy, a team which concede goals in all 8 last official game and above that will miss some important players Lecleuse,Issiar Dia,Sarksian.Anyway the biggest problem for both teams is the pitch and the wheather but Shaktar players played many times in this conditions:low temperature,frozen pitch and maybe this will be in the end a good advantage for them.Is good to see how Nancy players will manage this game after 50 minutes in a temperature around 0 C.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) I have a accumulator on this round, 6 picks, 5 favourites and 1 underdog shakhtar to beat nancy @1.72 CSKA moscow to beat M.Haifa @1.47 Espanyol to beat Livorno @2.55 (underdog) Benfica to beat Dinamo B @1.47 Lens to beat PAO @1.75 Newcastle to beat Zulte Wagarem @2.00 Accumulating to x33.17 Livorno vs Espanyol game the only one I'm really worried about, probably my desperate attempt to increase the return, but the other 5 should be bankers, IMO. of course football is football etc etc

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) Fenerbahce (H) vs. AZ Alkmaar (A) Both fairly average teams amongst Europe however, Fenerbahces fans do definately give some form of advantage as indicated by their scores throughout the TSL, ECC. And this game does have much more importance than usual being Fenerbahces 100th year. So one may say the home crowd + the added incentive of glorifying the centenary year is a distinct advantage. The dutch has also recently failed here in Istanbul, that being PSV in 2005/06 falling 3-0 to Fenerbahce. Long story short, its very hard for Alkmaar to beat Fenerbahce here, a safe option is to go for the draw - no bet @ 1.55. However, i'll be hitting the SU @ 2.11 (.5 units). GL everybody. Fenerbahçe: Volkan Ãœmit Edu Deniz Uğur M.Yozgatlı Appiah Tümer Alex Tuncay Deivid A formidable line-up with Kezman missing, but wouldn't affect the offence too much with Tuncay and Deivid in fine form in TSL.

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) my pick for today's round: Bordeaux v Osasuna double score x2 @1.727 in Sportingbet Bordeaux have had difficulties to score recently on home pitch, their last 3 home games in the French 1st League: Marseille 1-0, Lille 0-1, Lorient 1-1 and now they are missing some important players like darcheville, fernando, jussie and cavenaghi. Osasuna's away record in the Primera Division: 4-1-7, not that bad. I think this game easily can end a draw or away win and the odds is decent.

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) Event: Benfica - Dinamo Bucharest Reasoning: Benfica holds 3-rd place in Portugal league that is far more competitive than Romanian. Dinamo good standing in Romania, does not mean much for this level and there have been some questions about the fairness of several Dinamo games. Benfica is a team with immensely powerful play at their home stadium Estadio da Luz in Lisbon. A very few teams left with some points from this stadium recently among those are Manchester United (victory 0 - 1) and Barcelona (0 - 0). Last home game with Boavista also resulted in goalless draw but that was after a little miracle that included Benfica wasting an enormous amount of chances and hitting 4 posts. Such things happen in football, but not very often as Benfica home record of 7 wins and 1 draw shows. Benfica also managed to lose their last away game, which is not uncommon for them as they are not so strong away from home and it was a cup game. They also rested some of the more important players. Miccoli, Petit and Karagounis are in full fitness now and all return to the squad making Benfica at full strength for this important encounter. Benfica know their major strength is at home, they know that Dinamo is poor away from Romania and they will try to decide everything in this first leg. Traditionally Romanian sides perform very weak against Portugal opposition and Benfica have just too much class above Dinamo Bucharest. Romanians will be forced into deep defense and sooner or later will concede a couple of goals. They will be happy if the goals are not too much so they can keep some chances in the return leg. Pick: Benfica to win @ 1.58 10/10 – Betfair

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) Very good write-up and very useful info! It seems Benefica is the logic pick here. I will go with them @ 1.50 Bet365 :clap

Event: Benfica - Dinamo Bucharest Reasoning: Benfica holds 3-rd place in Portugal league that is far more competitive than Romanian. Dinamo good standing in Romania, does not mean much for this level and there have been some questions about the fairness of several Dinamo games. Benfica is a team with immensely powerful play at their home stadium Estadio da Luz in Lisbon. A very few teams left with some points from this stadium recently among those are Manchester United (victory 0 - 1) and Barcelona (0 - 0). Last home game with Boavista also resulted in goalless draw but that was after a little miracle that included Benfica wasting an enormous amount of chances and hitting 4 posts. Such things happen in football, but not very often as Benfica home record of 7 wins and 1 draw shows. Benfica also managed to lose their last away game, which is not uncommon for them as they are not so strong away from home and it was a cup game. They also rested some of the more important players. Miccoli, Petit and Karagounis are in full fitness now and all return to the squad making Benfica at full strength for this important encounter. Benfica know their major strength is at home, they know that Dinamo is poor away from Romania and they will try to decide everything in this first leg. Traditionally Romanian sides perform very weak against Portugal opposition and Benfica have just too much class above Dinamo Bucharest. Romanians will be forced into deep defense and sooner or later will concede a couple of goals. They will be happy if the goals are not too much so they can keep some chances in the return leg. Pick: Benfica to win @ 1.58 10/10 – Betfair

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) Keep your eye on www.uefa.com they have all the info on the teams matchups and lineups. But right now there is no line ups listed till later on :loon

I like Hapoel Tel Aviv-Glasgow Rangers game. For me the Rangers are better team, but the odds are very close. Maybe thats a great chance for making money or will be surprise. I would like to know the formation. Guys do you have some link?

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15)

I am from İSTANBUL and my favorite team is Fenerbahce and they lost at the weekend 2-1 in away but remain top of the Turkish league(12-5-3)Our important absentee, the suspended striker Kezman as well as Semih, Onder, Lugano,Aurelio and Rustu. Deivid will play as the lone striker and he will be supported by Tuncay Sanli, Alex, Appiah and Tümer.Young goalkeeper Volkan and young defender Deniz,Edu,Ümit And Uğur are in National Team.AZ will be without quite a few strong players like Arveladze, Opdam, Mendes Silva, Schaars and Cziommer.New keeper Waterman will make his first international start for the club so I think big problem for them. LAST 3 YEARS(FENER)in home:6W-3D-3L 15/09/2004 Fenerbahçe-- 1 - 0 Sparta Prague 19/10/2004 Fenerbahçe-- 1 - 3 Lyon 08/12/2004 Fenerbahçe-- 3 - 0 Manchester Utd. 17/02/2005 Fenerbahçe-- 0 - 1 Zaragoza 28/09/2005 Fenerbahçe-- 3 - 0 PSV Eindhoven 19/10/2005 Fenerbahçe-- 3 - 3 Schalke 04 23/11/2005 Fenerbahçe-- 0 - 4 Milan 26/07/2006 Fenerbahçe-- 4 - 0 B36 Torshaven 23/08/2006 Fenerbahçe-- 2 - 2 Dynamo Kyiv 14/09/2006 Fenerbahçe-- 2 - 1 Randers FC 23/11/2006 Fenerbahçe-- 3 - 0 Palermo 13/12/2006 Fenerbahçe-- 2 - 2 Frankfurt LAST 3 YEARS(ALKMAAR)in away:7W-2D-4L 16/09/2004 Paok---------- 2 - 3 Az Alkmaar 15/12/2004 Grazer Ak----- 2 - 0 Az Alkmaar 17/02/2005 A.Aachen------ 0 - 0 Az Alkmaar 10/03/2005 S.Donetsk----- 1 - 3 Az Alkmaar 07/04/2005 Villarreal---- 1 - 2 Az Alkmaar 28/04/2005 S.Lisbon------ 2 - 1 Az Alkmaar 15/09/2005 Krylya Sovetov 5 - 3 Az Alkmaar 20/10/2005 Dnipropetrovsk 1 - 2 Az Alkmaar 30/11/2005 Litex Lovech-- 0 - 2 Az Alkmaar 15/02/2006 Real Betis---- 2 - 0 Az Alkmaar 28/09/2006 Kayserispor--- 1 - 1 Az Alkmaar 02/11/2006 Grasshoppers-- 2 - 5 Az Alkmaar 14/12/2006 Sevilla------- 1 - 2 Az Alkmaar
Bet 10 on Home win at 2.2 with Betsafe

Shaktar D. - Nancy I will go for Shaktar to win this game.Without injuries Shaktar have the power to score..Marica the best striker for Shaktar(and maybe for Romania national team) is in good form and I think is not so hard to score against Nancy' date= a team which concede goals in all 8 last official game and above that will miss some important players Lecleuse,Issiar Dia,Sarksian.Anyway the biggest problem for both teams is the pitch and the wheather but Shaktar players played many times in this conditions:low temperature,frozen pitch and maybe this will be in the end a good advantage for them.Is good to see how Nancy players will manage this game after 50 minutes in a temperature around 0 C.
I strongly fancy shakhtar here, because our Ukrainian Prime Minister Yanukovich will visit this game today. His election campaign was financed by Rinat Akhmetov who is the owner of Shakhtar Donetsk. So the players were informed that if they will not win this game, the club owner will make some improtant decision about the squad and the coach. I'll go Shakhtar -1 asain handicap @ 2.52 Bet365 with full stakes (high confidence) :hope :beer and -1.5 @ 3.3 5/10 Regards, GL

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) Probable squad CHAKHTIOR : Shust - Srna, Chygrynskiy, Hubschman (ou Kucher), Shevchuk - Tymoshchuk, Matuzalem, Duljaj, Fernandinho - Marica, Brandao (ou Belik). Brandao will not play and it's a good solution because hi is in very bad shape. Shakhtar will hope on good midfield performances. NANCY : Gregorini - Chrétien, Diakhaté, Puygrenier, Biancalani (ou Sauget) - André Luiz, Berenguer - Hadji, Gavanon (ou Duchemin), Kim - Curbelo (ou Fortuné. Kim is the in-form forvard of Nancy, and the coach said they will try to break the rhytme of the game and do not concede. -------- Shkhtar already played with french teams in this period of the year last year, and they lost to Lille. This year they are aware of the french teams, they sold Aghahova to Wigan, so forwards will try to gain the place in the first eleven.

Fenerbahce v AZ An interesting match. Being Dutch I can only give a good view on AZ. For them it's going to be a sort of an exam to see how they will do in a stadium where there will be a very intimidating atmosphere. AZ won an away match a couple of months ago at Sevilla, which was a very good result, but there are some First of all when they played in Sevilla both teams had already been qualified for the next cup round. The only thing at stake was the group win. What's more important is the fact that AZ had 2 very experienced players available in that match: Waterreus and Arveladze. Bot will be absent tomorrow (Waterreus left the club, Arveladze has flu). AZ will play a very young, but also very talented team at Fenerbahce. Will they be able to survive in one of the most hectic places in Europe? Let's look at the other injured players. Both goalkeepers Didulica and Sinouh are injured. Didulica has been a long-term case, Sinouh got injured last Sunday. However, AZ did buy a stand-in during the transfer window: 23-year old Boy Waterman. In my opinion he is much more talented than either Didulica or Sinouh and he was bound to replace Sinouh in near-future anyhow. So, the keeper injuries shouldn't be to problematic. Only problem might be that Waterman has no experience in playing big matches. Will he hold? Other injured players are Stijn Schaars and Simon Cziommer. Schaars, although important when playing, has been out for quite a while now and has not been missed sofar. Cziommer is a talented player, but had to warm the bench most part of the season. All in all I don't see problems in the absence of these players. David Mendes da Silva en Barry Opdam are both suspended. This could pose a problem. Mendes da Silva just made his debut for Holland and has been strong this season, Opdam has the much needed experience, but lacks (in my opinion) the quality that other defenders have. Luckily AZ have some good alternatives in defence, but again, they lack experience. Overall the message is that AZ will field a very strong team, but it will probably lack in experience. However, AZ finally won a big match in Holland against another top-team last week (2-3 at PSV) and this has undoubtedly boosted confidence. Knowing Van Gaal he will install confidence in the young players and they will go out and play a strong match in Istanbul. AZ has the Dutch team of the future and, if they keep their cool, they might be able to surprise a few people in Europe.
Ruudje nice write up. Is it possible to have your write up via email?

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) I'm thinking of backing CSKA & AEK Athens tonight. PSG have more important matters to address then a trip to Athens, avioding relegation has to be the priority, and this is just an added distraction imo. Israeli sides do not travel well, and a trip to Moskva is the last place anyone wants to go to at this time of year. Would appreciate any teams news on the above matches.

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) I've just seen the photos of the pitch in Donetsk (Ukraine), so it was major problem in the previous years, but this time the condition seems to be perfect. In Donets are only 6 !!! supporters of Nancy, so my confidencein home win is growing

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) Here are the probable line-ups for Benefica vs. Dinamo: Benfica: Quim, Nélson, Luisão, Anderson , Léo - Petit,Katsouranis, Karagounis - Simao Sabrosa,Nuno Gomes , Rui Costa Dinamo:Lobont-Blay,Moti,Stefan,Pulhac-Ze Kalanga,Margaritescu,Ropotan,Munteanu(Cristea)-Niculescu,Danciulescu :loon

Event: Benfica - Dinamo Bucharest Reasoning: Benfica holds 3-rd place in Portugal league that is far more competitive than Romanian. Dinamo good standing in Romania, does not mean much for this level and there have been some questions about the fairness of several Dinamo games. Benfica is a team with immensely powerful play at their home stadium Estadio da Luz in Lisbon. A very few teams left with some points from this stadium recently among those are Manchester United (victory 0 - 1) and Barcelona (0 - 0). Last home game with Boavista also resulted in goalless draw but that was after a little miracle that included Benfica wasting an enormous amount of chances and hitting 4 posts. Such things happen in football, but not very often as Benfica home record of 7 wins and 1 draw shows. Benfica also managed to lose their last away game, which is not uncommon for them as they are not so strong away from home and it was a cup game. They also rested some of the more important players. Miccoli, Petit and Karagounis are in full fitness now and all return to the squad making Benfica at full strength for this important encounter. Benfica know their major strength is at home, they know that Dinamo is poor away from Romania and they will try to decide everything in this first leg. Traditionally Romanian sides perform very weak against Portugal opposition and Benfica have just too much class above Dinamo Bucharest. Romanians will be forced into deep defense and sooner or later will concede a couple of goals. They will be happy if the goals are not too much so they can keep some chances in the return leg. Pick: Benfica to win @ 1.58 10/10 – Betfair
Yeah wright.... few years ago it was the same story and Dinamo won in Lisabona 1-0, scores from freekick from more tha 25 metres. And the odd on Benfica was @1.50 then. Dinamo trained in Portugal and they only care for this game so far, motivation should be high. I do fancy Benfica to win but i don't think it will be a walk in the park like you said. I think over will be a good choice as i fancy DInamo to score, because Benfica's goalkeeper is a poor one TBH

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) It would be a huge surprise if Benfica wouldnt win tonight. Remeber how the game played that time went, heavy raining during the game and Nastase ( now Ascoli player ) scored a 30 m free kick, wich btw was a gk mistake. im not saying Benfica will trash Dinamo but i favour the hosts to win the game at least 65%. maybe if Lobont has a great game could save Dinamo from beeing heavily beaten, also the formation lined by Rednic is not very experienced with youngers Ropotan and St. Radu in 2 key positions: central defender and defensive midfielder. Seeing the probable line-up one can see that despite Rednic saying he will not defend, using 2 defensive midfielders as central midfielders doesnt look to me like they will attack. Just remember the game vs Tottenham when they said "we will go to attack and we will win" and Tottenham was all over Dinamo for 80% of the game. Benfica will be very motivated and they have a huge advantage: they already played several games in the Portuguese league whilst Dinamo has played none. At this moment odds dropped for Benfica like i expected and im glad i took 1.57. I'd like Dinamo to win or draw the game as a Romanian team, but i doubt they can do that .... but that's why footbal is so great, you never know what will happen :ok

Ruudje nice write up. Is it possible to have your write up via email?
Cheers, glad I could be of help. Do you mean if I can send you this preview by mail (it would be just copy and paste now) or send you my future previews via mail? Unfortunately I don't provide such a service yet, maybe I should start one :D

Cheers, glad I could be of help. Do you mean if I can send you this preview by mail (it would be just copy and paste now) or send you my future previews via mail? Unfortunately I don't provide such a service yet, maybe I should start one :D
Maybe you should... Yes I know it would be like copy - paste now but I like the service like pro-punters.com to it. To get it via mail. Do you follow both 1.div and 2.div in Holland?

Well reading the papers here seems Dinamo is motivated to go out and give it 110 %. The only thing that worries me is that Dinamo hasnt played any competive matches so far this year. Im leaning towards the double chance for Draw - Dinamo @ 2.50 Bet365 which has good value
Well the only question is: can they do it?

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) UEFA Cup Werder Bremen - Ajax Tim Borowski is likely to be available against Ajax Remembering Barca should do the trick Turning point or exit - after losing their last two matches in the Bundesliga Werder want make amends in UEFA Cup match against Ajax Amsterdam. "We have to keep a clean sheet in games like that", demanded Werder's goalie Tim Wiese before Wednesday night´s UEFA Cup third round clash (20.30) against Dutch giants Ajax. Werder managed just that in the first leg of the Bundesliga season when, after losing against Schalke 04 and VfB Stuttgart, a 1-1 draw against Champions League holders F.C. Barcelona brought the return to old strength. "That was the turning point then, and we can achieve something similar now", said Wiese. Rosenberg nor eligible Even more as the Dutch champions (although still being a famous name in European football) are nowhere near the class of a star-studded Barca. "Werder will go through by playing good and fast football", believes Markus Rosenberg, who joined Bremen from Ajax during the winter break. The Swedish international striker is not yet eligible to play on the international stage for his new employer. The same applies to Edgar Davids who returned to Amsterdam from Tottenham Hotspur and who is one of very few big names in the current Ajax side. Ajax´ boss of defence Jap Staam, at 34 is another one. Young striker Ryan Babel is regarded as an outstanding talent. Shocking statistic against Dutch clubs Ajax-coach Henk ten Cate who had a short stint at KFC Uerdingen in the 1998/99 season has mixed feelings in the run-up to the match at nearly sold-out Weserstadion. "Actually this match comes too early for us." However, the 52-year old manager could take some courage from the fact that Bremen´s statistic against Dutch clubs is nothing but shocking. Of their six matches against Dutch opposition Werder lost four and subsequently went out against Feyenoord Rotterdam, PSV Eindhoven, and Vitesse Arnheim respectively. Therefore the Hanseatics were relieved when on Tuesday, it looked like German international Tim Borowski could play despite suffering a toe injury. Allofs hopeful After Werder´s latest setbacks, coach Thomas Schaaf doesn´t consider his team as favourites for Wednesday´s match. "Ajax has undoubtedly the quality of those teams we played in the Champions League", said Schaaf. Bremen´s sporting director Klaus Allofs hopes that recent defeats in the Bundesliga have been a wake-up call for Werder: "Sometimes such a result can be a blessing in disguise." Line-ups as expected: Bremen: Wiese - Fritz, Mertesacker, Naldo, Wome - Frings - Jensen, Borowski - Diego - Klose, Hunt Ajax Stekelenburg - Anita, Maduro, Stam - Gabri, Heitinga, Sneijder, Lindenbergh - De Mul, Babel, Leonardo Referee: Lucilio Cardoso Cortez Batista (Portugal) Bayer Leverkusen - Blackburn Paul Freier is likely to be in Leverkusen's starting eleven Reunion with Hughes Bayer Leverkusen are hoping for a turnaround of fortunes in their UEFA Cup match against English side Blackburn Rovers. "We have to improve on our recent performances”, said fit-again Bayer-skipper Carsten Ramelow before his club´s first-round match against the English champions of 1995 on Wednesday night (18.15 CET). "We stand a good chance if we play to the best of our abilities.” Bayer-coach Michael Skibbe demands nothing less than victory: "We need a good result for the second leg.” Skibbe, though, does not see his team as favourites. "We have to go to the limit as the English way of playing is very challenging. Blackburn have many quick players and are very good at set-pieces.” A high-point for any footballer In light of their recent poor run of results that saw them going three matches without a win, the works team has no reason to be euphoric. But against Blackburn the signs are different as Bayer-goalie Jörg Butt stresses: "Games like that are highlights for any footballer as that´s the type of match we work towards all year.” Bayer-coach Skibbe, however, faces serious personnel problems. With Juan and Roque (both suffering torn muscles) he is missing two centre-backs. Karim Haggui is out, too with a muscle problem. Improving the statistic Bayer are eager to use the two matches against currently tenth in the Premiership Blackburn (the return leg will be played on February 22nd at Ewood Park) to improve their poor statistic against English sides. Bayer have only won one of their thirteen matches against English opposition, their last defeat came in the group phase against Tottenham Hotspur (0-1). Progressing to the next stage would also be of financial benefit to Bayer as they would bag a couple of million Euros from the competition. Money that Leverkusen could do well with after their main sponsors RWE announced their ending of sponsorship. Hughes returns Especially as Leverkusen have a good draw for the next round. In case Bayer go through they would meet either RC Lens or Panathinaikos Athens in the next round who they should be able to beat. But first they have to overcome Blackburn who, with Mark Hughes, have an old aquaintance in the dugout. The Welshman played for German record champions Bayern München during the 1987/88 season but ended his stint in Germany after just 18 matches (6 goals) without being able to establish himself in the Bundesliga. Player shortage Hughes has been team manager at Blackburn since September 2004 and has lead the English champions of 1995 into Europe for the first time in three years. Rovers, though, are also facing a personnel crisis. Former skipper Lucas Neill recently joined West Ham United and with Dutch international defender Andre Ooijer (broken foot), Norwegian Morten Gamst Pedersen (thigh problems), Robbie Savage (broken shin), Matt Derbyshire (thigh problems) and Steven Reid (knee injury) a number of key players are missing. Samba and Berner not eligible New signings Christopher Samba (who joined Rovers from Hertha BSC Berlin) and Bruno Berner are not eligible to play in the UEFA Cup. Line-ups as expected: Leverkusen: Butt - Castro, Haggui, Callsen-Bracker, Babic - Ramelow, Rolfes - Freier, Schneider - Barbarez - Kießling Blackburn: Friedel - Chisanischwili, Henchoz, Nelsen, Todd - Emerton, Dunn (Roberts), Tugay, Bentley - McCarthy, Gallagher Schiedsrichter: Pieter Vink (Netherlands)

Maybe you should... Yes I know it would be like copy - paste now but I like the service like pro-punters.com to it. To get it via mail. Do you follow both 1.div and 2.div in Holland?

I saw pro-punters.com is the site where Meatman gives his French previews. These guys have a good record and it looks good (:clap ). I follow both Dutch leagues closely, but if you give such a service I feel it should be done with good previews on ALL matches in both leagues and with the certainty that these previews will be made EVERY week. I don't know how Meatman does it, but this takes time and dedication.

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) Well I see that many of you bet on Benfica's victory. I'm a Dinamo fan, and this is a very difficult game. Benfica's supporters are great and there will be a fire atmosphere. The same thing I saw with Leverkusen match, everyone was giving Leverkusen as favourite with full stakes, even with -1 handicap. Dinamo's coach Mircea Rednic says that Dinamo will give their best and won't retreat in the defense, and he thinks that the forwards Niculescu & Danciulescu will make their usual game. They've scored together 33 goals in the european cups and I saw some news that only 35.000 tickets have been sold for Benfica-Dinamo. I would like very very very much to see Dinamo winning here, but I doubt and I think they will not lose, but I don't like to bet on my favourite team when they have a difficult game so that's why I'll only watch. Cheers.

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) Im with you on this one my friend. I say the game will be 0-0 at the half and Dinamo wins by 1 goal. Its going to be tough and yes Benfica is tough at home. It will be an interesting game and action packed! :loon

Well I see that many of you bet on Benfica's victory. I'm a Dinamo fan, and this is a very difficult game. Benfica's supporters are great and there will be a fire atmosphere. The same thing I saw with Leverkusen match, everyone was giving Leverkusen as favourite with full stakes, even with -1 handicap. Dinamo's coach Mircea Rednic says that Dinamo will give their best and won't retreat in the defense, and he thinks that the forwards Niculescu & Danciulescu will make their usual game. They've scored together 33 goals in the european cups and I saw some news that only 35.000 tickets have been sold for Benfica-Dinamo. I would like very very very much to see Dinamo winning here, but I doubt and I think they will not lose, but I don't like to bet on my favourite team when they have a difficult game so that's why I'll only watch. Cheers.