UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15)

archaeus

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15)

I know Livorno vs Españyol will be play in close doors and in international competitions in europe close door game are won by away teams normally' date=' don't?[/quote'] Well it depends but yes, Espanyol is the favourite in this match imo. They were exellent in Group stage, while Livorno managed to win only in last round and away from home to be here in 1/16 finals.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) Livorno hosting Espanyol. Home side was pretty bad in group stage, only managing to survive with a win in last roound away from home against prety much relaxed Lens in that game. Espanyol on the other hand was perfect in their Group winning all 4 games, without even conceeding a single goal away from home. The match will be played behind closed doors and it certainly won't help hosts. I will back Espanyol in this one, betfair @3.2. GL~

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) Werder Bremen - Ajax Werder Bremen havent been playing to great this year with three losses in four games in the Bundesliga, but this is a perfect oppurtunity to bounce back. Werder Bremen are just like Ajax looking to go far in this years UEFA-cup and while Werder Bremen have all important players avaible, Ajax are missing four defenders for tonight. Emanuelson, Grygera and Vermaelen are injured while George Ogararu is suspended. Edgar Davis can't play either since he has already played in the UEFA-cup for Tottenham. With Ajaxs problems in the defence and Werder being the more talented and experienced team I think this is a good bet. Werder Bremen -1 (AHC) - 2.10 @ Fonbet 10/10

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) werder looks n interesting game where we see two teams who are experiencing different form at the moment. ALthough it was against top teams werder come in to this on the back of 2defeats by Schalke and a thumping 4-1 away to stuttgart,ajax are no mugs and are an experienced offensive team so the win for Werder at 1.6 looks very short, overs or werder lay looks most likely but unsure withis game @donald duck- who is that in ur avatar?any bigger and i dont think she will fit on screen:loon

Livorno (-0.25:0) Espanyol 2 at 1.76 @ Canbet 10 points Livorno are not in the same form of the beginning of their season and in the UEFA group matches they finished 3rd in their group after Mac Haifa and Rangers who were not so brilliant teams. They won only one game, their first one and that was at Auxerre by 1-0 on 12 December. They subsequently drew twice at home to Mac Haifa and away at Partizan before losing at home to Rangers by 2-3. Their form has been declining As opposed Espanyol have had an excellent UEFA group campaign winning their four games and scoring 11 against 2, They were in a group with Ajax, Zulte, Sparta Prague and Austria Wien. They finished 5 points ahead of Ajax. Espanyol are coming to the game on the back of an away 2-0 win on Celta in the Primera while Livorno are winless in last seven games of which three draws at home and four defeats away. I believe Espanyol can snatch the win here or at least come back with the draw. I choose the away with the +0.25 ball @ 1.76 @ Canbet 10 points :nana
Close Window

Leverkusen hosting Blackburn. Both teams coming from their Uefa groups. Blackburn was more succesfull but they will miss for this game some important players like Pedersen and of course Savage. I would give a small advantage to home side in this match. They didn't do good so far at home in their Uefa matches loosing to Spurs and winning 2:1 with Brugge, but still I think they just might win it in the end. I suggest something on Leverkusen to win this first leg with one goal margine, gamebookers @3.75. GL~
:clap spot on mate. Fancy us in the return leg as those were testing conditions.

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) Salut prieteni din Romania, ma surprinde ce multi sunteti aici in acest thread "UEFA cup"! What does this mean? I hope it is about the pro "eastern european" views that always happens in the champions league/uefa threads. Whilst i understand people being proud of their teams/countries i think many of the romanian people on this board are very blinkered to their teams. I agree that in normal circumstances then the likes of CSKA/Shaktar would be favourites but the eastern leagues have not played for many,many weeks! and yet people on here did not seem to take into account that fitness would be really poor. i will definately be laying MOSCOW and STEAUA tommorrow as they have never played a proper game for many weeks .

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) Two for tomorrow: Soccer - Zulte Waregem/Newcastle United - total Over 2½ (+101) for the regulation time held on Feb 15 at 2:45pm [pending] Zulte play their asses off in European competition. They're from a high-scoring league and face a surprisingly poor Newcastle defense. Zulte's last eight at home: 14-9 goal differential, with six overs. Newcastle's last eight on the road: 10-13 differential with six overs. Last eight home and away it's 13 of 16 overs for Newcastle in fact. Zulte in the UEFA Cup have 5 overs in six games; they even scored two when Espanyol was pounding them 6-2...they simply will not quit. Soccer - Lens/Panathinaikos - total Over 2 (-137) for the regulation time held on Feb 15 at 2:45pm [pending] French teams have played to a surprising number of overs in UEFA play. Lens over their last eight at home have a 13-11 differential and five overs; the Greeks are 8-13 over their last eight away with five overs. I like the line at 2 (three pushes to go ith those combined 10 of 16 overs)...Panathinaikos are not good travelers and will feel pressure to get a result, and Lens is a team that will try to run up the score so that next week's reverse is a laugher. BOL all

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) Fenerbahce 3 - AZ 3 As i said before its very hard for people to come and beat Fener in Istanbul, even with a 3-1 lead they failed to capitalise. Anyways, my draw no bet is a push. YTD [0-0-1] +0 units.

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) Well, firs cheers to you all from Bosnia. Im new on this forum and I would like to ask you for advice in tommorrows games. In fact, today I was stunned by CSKA and Ajax(did not score cuz of red card) and I have lost some money on that. I am pretty confident (as I was for cska) in lens win tommorrow and probbably Newcastle FC win. I would like to hear your suggestions about this becouse I plan to invest pretty big sum of money on these two singles (Lens and Newcastle) . Would be very gratefull for any good information. thanks

@donald duck- who is that in ur avatar?any bigger and i dont think she will fit on screen:loon
I really don't know...lol Lens vs Panathinaikos Lens being doing great in League 1 Orange this year and they are parked at a 2nd spot on the table. They have been on fire lately and scoring 9 goals last 3 games. Things ain't going as good for Panathinaikos with only one win last four games and important injuries on Seric, Darlas and Kotsios on defence, Gonzalez on midfield and Tsigas at top. Playmaker Victor is probable. Lens is gonna look for a clear win at home and greek teams are know to be bad on the road, playing in europe and even though they will be lookin to defend very well and counter-attack I don't think their defence is going to hold against the Lens defence for 90 mins. Lens - 1.73 @ Ladbrokes

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) I have thought to LENS-PANATHINAIKOS very well and here are some circumstances.Lens secondary after Lyon at 4 pcts up to LILLE.Lens hasn't so a good line home with 7W-5D-1L but the won thier last three mathces easy.Panathinaikos is on the 3rd place is Grecce near AEK(2nd),only 1 pct between them.Here comes the Question?Is Lens interested by Uefa or their are thinking to the CL for the next sesion.In Lens is interested i think they can beat Panathinaikos.....The visistors probably are thinking how to run after second place which give them permision to acced next sesion in CL after the qualifying round.

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) :) A good match is SPARTAK-CELTA.Wen i say that i think at Celta,which situation is Primera is dramatic.They are on 18th place.That means they they'll paly in secunda next year if they keep their ranking.A thruth is that Celta paly better away (4-3-4) than home(1-4-6).Despite this fact i don't think Celta can put any problem to Spartak.Don't forget the conditions and the Spartak's fans.I think Celta should is minding not 2 paly in secunda than Uefa.So i go on Spartak in 2.00....:ok

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) Event: Lens - Panathinaikos Reasoning: Greek teams are very poor travelers, especially when going to France. Lens is strong home team, they are second behind leaders Lyon in France and have hit excellent form recently. Panathinaikos on the other hand have embarrassing results when traveling lately and are generally in bad condition. Panathinaikos also have some injuries to cope with, important ones include Seric (regular left back), Gonzalez(long term but would be captain and playmaker attacking midfielder), Victor( played usually as attacking midfielder and playmaker but also as right winger), Kotsios(long term, defender used both at left and center). What gives me even more confidence is yesterday game AEK Athens Paris SG that finished 0 – 2. AEK is better team than Panathinaikos, the game was in Greece and Paris SG is a team fighting to avoid relegation in France. Last time Panathinaikos was in France they also met Paris SG and went down 4 – 0. Panathinaikos have bad defense and Lens have overwhelming attack force. I will take straight win before the price drop too much. Pick: Lens to win – 1.69 @ Betfair 10/10

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) Well as far as Im concerned I am very suspicious about spartak after I saw CSKA and Shakhtar struggling last night. Russian teams obviously lackink in match fitness and thats the main thing that puts me off this clash. Should be a home win but having in mind fitnes and Celtas away form this coul prove as a close fought game with every possibility to end up in draw. Good thoughts anyway from you guys on lens. Does anybody knows Lens ambitions in UEFA cup? I tried their official site but there is no english version:\:\

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) I dont think "Clearly" is the proper term for this game. Dinamo played very well. And Lobont made some excellent saves I must say. The game should of finished Draw. But Benfica got a lucky rebound shot close to the Goal area that put them ahead 1-0. Dinamo had some scoring opporunities but failed to hit the back of the net.

Yes it was unlucky but Benfica was clearly the better side and they missed couple good chances so IMO the result reflects what happend on the field.

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) :welcome to Punters Lounge. Did you get to see the games? How was the weather conditions on the field. Maybe thats what made these games end the way they did. :loon

Well as far as Im concerned I am very suspicious about spartak after I saw CSKA and Shakhtar struggling last night. Russian teams obviously lackink in match fitness and thats the main thing that puts me off this clash. Should be a home win but having in mind fitnes and Celtas away form this coul prove as a close fought game with every possibility to end up in draw. Good thoughts anyway from you guys on lens. Does anybody knows Lens ambitions in UEFA cup? I tried their official site but there is no english version:\:\

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) Well not too sure about todays uefa cup games but here is my selection. Steau +0.5ah v Seville Spartak Moscow win Zulte v Newcastle over 2.5 My reasons for my choices well looking at Steaus home record they haven't lost in 10 league games drawing only once and winning 9 so they are a strong side but then thier opponents Seville are not doing bad away from home in the spanish league and could quite possibly manage a draw so i selected a 0.5 ah win for Steau Spartak straight win teams travelling to Russia know that it will be a hard task and this will be no exception for Celta Vigo who are really struggling in the spanish league and possibly facing relegation. Away form for Celta is terrible and i think they will be focusing on the league rather than this cup so i have gone for a narrow win for Spartak. Finally my last choice overs in the Zulte v Newcastle game i am really going on the guys posts for this one but one thing i do agree with is Newcastles defence always is capable of leaking goals but on the flip side i think Martins is on fire and they should score in this one so i think the overs is a good shout guys good work. On a final note i have to say well done to everyone who predicted a Benfica win:clap i bet £20 last night on a home win and i have to say like most i was sweating on this one but praise Miccoli for a 90th min winner so a £10 profit from that game thank god. Thank you everyone for all the hard work and good luck to all who have bets for tonight.:ok

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Feb 14 - 15) We can expect at under 2.5 at Spartak-Celta because is more sure than home win.It should be a strong match in which Celta won't atack but the question is:Have Spartak the power to score?Maybe CElta is more concerned by Primera.She doesn't stay so good there>Does somebady knows Celta's interest in Uefa?

:welcome to Punters Lounge. Did you get to see the games? How was the weather conditions on the field. Maybe thats what made these games end the way they did. :loon
I saw both of these games (CSKA and Shakhtar) and IF the circumstances wewre normal, cold weather should have been an advantage for russian and ukraine teams but obviously I was wrong, everything was good at start of these games (supporters, weather, better players), my point is that the only bad thing for them was their fitness level, otherways I just couldnt see Maccabi to snatch a draw:eyes:eyes Well we shoul put these games behind us:lol Now i fancy Lens ,and as PAO will play derby against AEK they should be pretty far away from this game and I expect Lens to battle for victory here and that they will use home advantage wisely becouse of greek clubs poor away form. And we must be honest, replay in greece will bi mouch tougher task for the french side in front of greek fans. Only thing that puts mi of is that I really dont know about LEns ambitions in UEFA cup... any thoughts??

Why all of u are so sure at ZULTE-NEWCASTLE over 2.5?Can somebody help me with this match because I want to bet some money on this match and Spartak>.......thanks
Well the main reason for over should be Newcastles shaky defence and strong attack, becouse Zulte W is a very small team but they are capable to score here to newcastles poor defence and if Zulte scorec zhan Newcastle should be abel to score more than once, Martins and lads are well capable to brak down these small clubs and its highly possible that we will see 3 or more goals in this one ..