** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Bad Language and abuse.

kevsul

Ok here goes with a run down of what happened. Playing the Laddies cruise, I am BB dealt K9os, 3 people in Flop is K 2 3 rainbow, guy next to me goes all in.. I assume he is just nicking the blinds, So I call as does one other, i am happy with what i see. up against only an open end straight draw he has a 4 5, to which he hits and i am out. so i say nh, and ask as to why all in on a straight draw. No reply. But a guy across the other side of the table just slings verbal abuse at me , Like will you F.O. Muppet, Go home you sad F**king loser, go F your mom, Wow why all this abuse in a freeroll and he is not even in the pot. At this stage Fenner's enter's my seat, and i wish him good luck, and say PL rules, (just in case he dont know who i am) To which this guy again throws more abuse like the first time at me. Now i find a freephone Number to laddies customer services, I speak to them and tell them of the abuse i have just recieved , they say they will look into it, and i ask will they send me an email as to the outcome. To which the reply was no as they can not tell me if they ban his chat as it's someone else's account , and comes under the data protection act.. Now i have only put this up as i have never had abuse like this before. the odd FO fish, Or another fcuking muppet, when i first started in poker. What I am asking guys and lady's would you report this or just let it go, Was i right to report him/her. Should i get a reply from there customer services as to an outcome on this. All the best Kev..:ok

Re: Bad Language and abuse. Have seen it more times than I can remember, thankfully not often directed at me, but I have only reported it once when it was sexist abuse of a female player. That offender was cautioned at the table a little later (well a general caution but everyone knew who at) but no suggestion of having his chat suspended.

Re: Bad Language and abuse. Well done Kev!!:clap Too often we just let it go as some pi**ed up twit starts abusing people left, right, and centre. They have seen Matusow or Hellmuth and think that it makes them look cool. Irony is fine to a degree, but there is no need for that kind of language.

Re: Bad Language and abuse. Kev, You just met one of internets hard men - take note of his name and stalk him!! (he probably won't remember you) :ok I quite enjoy getting a load of abuse - you just know they're going to play some daft hands when you're on big blind. :loon This is quite a sensible post for me - been on the drink for around 10 hours and just watched the best darts match ever!! :beer Happy New Year Guys! (might return to poker tomorrow....then again, might not :cheers:cheers:cheers) TQM

Re: Bad Language and abuse. It's the reason I turn chat off. I can't be doing with the so-called 'experts' of the game and people that enjoy hurling abuse. I might be missing out on one or two bits of information, but it makes my life that little bit better. And nice one on reporting them. Hate those idiots.

Re: Bad Language and abuse. I've rarely had any abuse aimed at me but quite frankly it's like water off a duck's back to me when it happens. It doesn't bother me, infact i'd say it amuses me. It's only when i think there's cheating going on that i'll take the time to write an email out and send it. Having said that, it's not a criticism of anybody who chooses to take any action against these people, abuse, bad language etc I suspect is against policy so they should be sorted out and warned, chat banned or whatever.

Re: Bad Language and abuse. Thanks for the input guys, As for me it really does not affect me , i can take all the abuse people throw at me.( you all do it to me here saying i am loud:lol ) some valid points i noted , They are more Pi$$ed off than you, so take advantage.:ok They are just bad players venting anger at others to see if they can make them tilt. They are going to play bad Hands when your in the BB. And guys I have no need to stalk him or just to go searching for him, He is a hard man from Birmingham :loon .. Thats actually where's his from :lol . As I asked Machete123;) where in brum he was from. A right rough area he told me :lol Any way guys good luck at the tables and thanks for input. Kev.

Re: Bad Language and abuse. I have to say that I think its funny when it comes at me cos its only shit players that ever get really abusive to others. In the last month though it seems to be happening more and more on Virgin. Reflection on their players or me? Not sure. At the end of the day they are calling me allsorts and its because I´m taking their chips/money. :nana Bring it on! :dude

Re: Bad Language and abuse. Playing on the Virgin V points yesterday on the last 2 tables there was a bit of f* and w* between 2 players. Pretty quickly one of the Poker Managers came on the chat and warned the table to watch its language. I've also seen them come on the chat on the prima sites (probably Bet365 or Dream) and warn players when the language is abusive.

Re: Bad Language and abuse. During a 'bored' spell yesterday, I decided to dabble in an Omaha pot limit, low-level cash game. One of the players was calling others 'idiot', 'muppet' etc. He/she lost their stack and promptly re-loaded. It only took them about another 5 minutes to lose the lot again... thankfully to me! :nana Idiot, muppet... :lol

Re: Bad Language and abuse. My favourite response to abuse is to say that the abuser is a candidate for a Darwin award. They are usually too thick to know what a Darwin award is so I tell them to try Google. A couple of minutes later they tilt. :lol:lol:lol

Re: Bad Language and abuse. Now then, now then... Birmingham's a fine town. Lived there for 18 years although I would say you have to live there to appreciate it. On the subject of abuse, I agree with those who say the bigger the ranter, the more perfect the opponent. I now love a table where the chat box is really kicking off; far better than the deadbeats who want to talk pot equity after every hand... My own experience is that the most puerile abuse I encounter tends to be found on tables full of my fellow Brits. I reckon it's a subconscious rage against a dying empire, also manifested in the way we, of all nations, seem to treat alcohol as a challenge rather than a pleasure. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has picked up on this.

Re: Bad Language and abuse.

My own experience is that the most puerile abuse I encounter tends to be found on tables full of my fellow Brits. I reckon it's a subconscious rage against a dying empire, also manifested in the way we, of all nations, seem to treat alcohol as a challenge rather than a pleasure. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has picked up on this.
I think thats reading a bit much into it. Personally, I think they´re just idiots, and come across as all nationalities.