Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas - Event 1 Team Reindeer

GaF

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas - Event 1 Team Reindeer Have to be my usual disagreeable self and suggest maximum aggression. Says theres 40 teams in that means 160 players terrifed of being first out in there team. Easy pickings. Might even be worth going solo! It's a shocking scoring system though and if you dont get points in the first couple the numbers will drop so much it will be waste of $2.50 playing the remainder. Good luck everyone and you can add me to the list of substitutes. What about punters lounge couch potatos?

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas - Event 1 Team Reindeer Team play :unsure:unsure:unsure:unsure:unsure:unsure My feel is the way to help the team is to play your own game ? Its like u're holding pocket pairs . Sit a set on the board . You can't think about a bad beat and fold aren't you ? I have to disagree that members can't go out in the first 30-40 . I mean it happens sometimes due to situations . Just my 2 cents worth IMO

Any thoughts on tactics for this? I think the scoring system strongly encourages tight passive - Harrington is out of the window ..... forgetting the individual prizes and only thinking of the team - winning is a lot less important than surviving every place that you can ..... so the usual strategy of shoving when short stacked probably isn't applicable in this..... To give an example .... Imagine 2 teams and 100 entrants..... Team A gets 1st, 2nd, 99th and 100th Team B all sitout and get 41st, 42nd, 43rd and 44th Team B easily beats Team A ....... It's critical that no team members go out in the first 30 or 40 ...... People agree/disagree?

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas - Event 1 Team Reindeer Can't afford the buy ins, but just an ethical question. If a fellow team member is low on chips and sat at your table, would you chip dump on him for the benefit of the team score ? And also are the teams taking a percentage of each other or would you have no qualms about 'killing' a member of the other PL team at any stages ? Suggestions for Team Names (Didn't realise you get $50 each for Best Team Name ! ) These follow a Christmas theme Ebeneezer Scrooge Appreciation Society Floppin Rudolfs Nuts Santas Little Sharks - (or a better pun around Santas Little Helpers if you can think of one) Christmas Turkeys (If you could find a womens team) Four Calling Birds (or then again maybe) Four Calling Blokes

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas - Event 1 Team Reindeer Boogah! Just noticed the first one is at 8:00 on Sunday and, obviously I won't know if I'm still in the APAT Event (although, chances are, I won't be.) If anyone wants to take my place in Team B, just say. Damn and blast!

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas - Event 1 Team Reindeer Team B guys :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap So far , i got phil's and kevshat's details . Hmmmm , the rest ? Right , i'll be online tonight during UK timing and hope to collect everything so that we could send it in by tonight . Is that fine with it ? Phil you may be in the starting lineup after all :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol H Bomb i don't see your e-mail anywhere as you have not hit 50 posts . Can't contact you except here

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas - Event 1 Team Reindeer Hi, Newbie. I'll need to pull out. APAT event is on Sunday as well and, touch wood, I'll still be in so I won't be able to make that event as well as the one on the 5th. I think 7 might be too few. Sure one of the reserves will be a more than adequate replacement.

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas - Event 1 Team Reindeer All right then . Best of lucks . NEXT ! :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Hi' date=' Newbie. I'll need to pull out. APAT event is on Sunday as well and, touch wood, I'll still be in so I won't be able to make that event as well as the one on the 5th. I think 7 might be too few. Sure one of the reserves will be a more than adequate replacement.[/quote']

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas - Event 1 Team Reindeer Bollox , i'm afraid i may have something urgent going on in the real world which coincides with the team poker thingy . :@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@ As much as i would like to , there are some stuffs for me to sort it out . Sorry guys , guess a new captain is needed :@:@:@:@ . I may even miss up to 6-7 games out of 9 . As such , guess i have no choice but to withdraw from it :(

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas - Event 1 Team Reindeer Hi all, fool that I am, I've signed up as new captain of Team B. Currently there are only two of us (as far as I know) who are fully commited (myself and Kevshat) as I have both our betfair id and the email addresses that they signed up to betfair with. In my opinion unless we have a full team of 4 its not worth competing as we'll be at a distinct disadvantage points wise to the other teams. Other players that have shown interest so far (and are currently shown as in the team) are RJILLA and themanfromBelmont. Can you guys confirm asap and give me your betfair nickname and the email id you registered at betfair with. themanfromBelmont - you don't have enough posts to PM so please leave details here or email me via [email protected]. There qre still doubts about betfair supporting american users (as far as I know they check your originating ip address x.x.x.x as they once stopped me because I go through a dynamic address given out by aol) so RJILLA have you managed to sign up with betfair? If theres anyone out there who feels they can commit to playing then please PM me as I intend to have either fixed the team (i.e. emailed team ids and email addresses to betfair) by (say) 6pm tomorrow or not bother having a team. Obviously the currrently named teamare first but in case there are any dropouts it would be nice to have some reserves. Suggested team names ....... views and other names appreciated, as captain I have the final vote but it would be nice to start off by winning $50 Ebeneezer Scrooge Appreciation Society Floppin Rudolfs Nuts Santas Little Sharks - (or a better pun around Santas Little Helpers if you can think of one) Christmas Turkeys No more reindeer games Bah Humbug BetFairians

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas - Event 1 Team Reindeer Still no input from RJILLA and dmanfrombelmont - comeon guys at least 1 of yoou to get your betfair id and email address to me so I can enter a team. Suspect both of you are in US - so you are probably in bed :lol - hopefully betfair will have confirmed elegibility overnight. Basically (IMHO) if you've managed to sign up with Betfair and can use the software ok then you are elligible. Have 1 definite reserve just in case you guys can't get betfair id - 1 more reserve would be good so that a team of 4 was assured - as I've said I don't see much point in going in with a team of 3 on the scoring system used. Email to [email protected] all ready to go - just need the names. Another possible team name - Santas Little Sharks or howz about Pesky Poker Pixies or Santas Sleighers

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas - Event 1 Team Reindeer Thats a reasonable idea - suspect if we went in with 3 to the first game and did well then we'd get various offers from late joiners. It sounds expensive $25+5 but besides the final prize the $25 part of the entry comes back to the players. In the case of us PLrs we've been training for these sort of games via the Champions League games for past year :ok . Although if they'd let gaf design the scoring system it would be a much better competition - allowing better scope for keeping the event truly alive in the latter stages. So failing the appearance of a 4th then we'll go with 3 assuming kev agrees. My favorite for team name at mo is Santa's Little Sharks - anyone got a different choice?

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas - Event 1 Team Reindeer hi Chess, I've got 3 committed - me,kevshat and glceud - in theory dmanfrombelmont and rjilla are attempting to get in but I've had very little communication from them so at moment they are "doubtfuls". Give us your betfair id and email (pm them if you prefer) and provided neither of the other two get in touch by 4:00 pm then your in (executive decision :lol ). The plan to play 3 and see where we stand sounds a good one.