Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas - Event 1 Team Reindeer

GaF

Team Reindeer betfar12plays01vm2.jpgPoints System Points that players earn will be determined by the number of entrants and what position they come in the tournament. e.g. If there are 150 players in event one then 1st will get 150 points, 2nd – 149 points, 3rd – 148 points, 150th – 1 point etc. This system will ensure that teams who consistently perform well through out the Team Reindeer Promotion will be rewarded. Schedule • 3rd December @ 20:00 GMT - Dasher Tournament • 5th December @ 20:00 GMT – Dancer Tournament • 7th December @ 20:00 GMT – Prancer Tournament • 10th December @ 20:00 GMT – Vixen Tournament • 12th December @ 20:00 GMT – Comet Tournament • 14th December @ 20:00 GMT – Cupid Tournament • 17th December @ 20:00 GMT – Donner Tournament • 19th December @ 20:00 GMT – Blitzen Tournament • 21st December @ 20:00 GMT – Rudolph Tournament TEAM REINDEER - TERMS AND CONDITIONS 1. Teams may consist of a minimum of 2 players and a Maximum of 4 players. 2. Teams can register from any point before or during the promotion. 3. Only points generated by the registered accounts will contribute to the Team Reindeer leaderboard. 4. Teams must be submitted by e-mail to [email protected] by the team captain. 5. The Betfair Poker alias and e-mail address of each player must be included in the registration e-mail clearly identifying the team captain. 6. Players can be added to a team during the promotion by submitting their poker alias to [email protected] Only the team captain can submit the request for new players to be added. 7. Players can only register and contribute their points to one team. 8. Points will only contribute to the Team Reindeer leaderboard from the nine tournaments specifically labelled as part of this particular promotion in the tournament lobby. 9. Points will be awarded based on the total number of runners in each tournament e.g. if there are 150 runners 1st place will be awarded 150 points, 2nd place 149 points all the way to 150th place who will get 1 point. 10. Prize packages will be awarded to each team member up to a maximum of $8,500 each. 11. Players will be contacted regarding their prize package within 30 days of the final Team Reindeer tournament. 12. All prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered. 13. A maximum of one event package per team member will be allocated for each team participating in the Team Reindeer promotion up to a total maximum of 4 players. By entering this promotion you agree to be bound by the above terms and Betfair Poker’s Standard Terms Applicable to Promotions, Competitions, Tournaments and Events.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas - Event 1 Team Reindeer Ok - I'm looking for team mates - anyone else prepared to commit to making every effort to make all 9 events? Barring emergencies, I'll be there for them all :ok Team A GaF Fenner BurnleyJoe Dave488 Team B Philossify RJILLA Kevshat dmanfrombelmont

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas - Event 1 Team Reindeer

Ok - I'm looking for team mates - anyone else prepared to commit to making every effort to make all 9 events? Barring emergencies, I'll be there for them all :ok All 9 GaF Newbie 8.5 Manbag 8 H-Bomb Dave488
If you all post how many you can make, maybe we can get teams together with players making similar numbers of games.....

I would like to be in a team but cant play on the 3rd 10th or 14th but would still enter these 3 so the team would pick up points (probably more as a sit out)
That's $90 mate for games you're not playing !!!! :loon I'll put you down as 9...... The points system is interesting - advancing from 150th to 149th is worth the same as advancing from 5th to 4th ....... definitely an advantage here for low risk TAG players......

Ok - I'm looking for team mates - anyone else prepared to commit to making every effort to make all 9 events? Barring emergencies, I'll be there for them all :ok All 9 GaF (594) Newbie (180) Fenner (296) Rjilla (0) BurnleyJoe (476) Dave488 (812) Kevshat (0) 8 H-Bomb (0)
Ok - we have 8 players .... I propose 2 teams of 4 based on BPP rankings....so.... Team A GaF Fenner BurnleyJoe Dave488 Team B Newbie RJILLA Kevshat H-Bomb I don't think Team A is necesarrily stronger than Team B - it's just people who get to regularly play focus games and those who don't :ok Does this work for everyone? If "my team" PM me their details (Betfair username and registered email address) I'll submit it to Betfair......need a team name as well (prize if it's good ;) )

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas - Event 1 Team Reindeer Only just seen this. I'm up to have a go if anyone drops out or if there are enough people to commit for a team C. Can make all 9 I think , though I may be a bit late and relaxed on the 17th Dec as its an all day pub crawl. Was also wandering whether competing in these games counts towards qualification for the Snowball?

Yes I believe I can let me make sure I think it in in euro moneys but I can convert I am pretty sure I will find out and get back :hope
Any news mate? I'm pretty certain Betfair have never allowed Americans in..... If you cannot get in, we'll give your spot to Philossify. Or hopefully he'll get some interest for a team C. Team B needs to have a "captain". I hope noone in Team A minds me being self nominated captain .... don't think it means anything other than to do the admin :ok

Re: Betfair 12 Plays of Christmas - Event 1 Team Reindeer Any thoughts on tactics for this? I think the scoring system strongly encourages tight passive - Harrington is out of the window ..... forgetting the individual prizes and only thinking of the team - winning is a lot less important than surviving every place that you can ..... so the usual strategy of shoving when short stacked probably isn't applicable in this..... To give an example .... Imagine 2 teams and 100 entrants..... Team A gets 1st, 2nd, 99th and 100th Team B all sitout and get 41st, 42nd, 43rd and 44th Team B easily beats Team A ....... It's critical that no team members go out in the first 30 or 40 ...... People agree/disagree?