** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept

Tulenos

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept Levadia Tallinn - Newcastle Pick: Newcastle (-1) AH Stake: 6/10 Odds: 1.80 Bookmaker: Gamebookers UEFA CUP First Leg Newcastle lost from Fulham on Saturday after leading 1:0 and conceding 2 late goals. That again proved that Newcastle poorest part of the team is the defense. Given (GK) is very angry on his teammates from the defensive line because they are giving too many clear opportunities to the opponents. The midfield is playing great especially Parker who is the new leader of the team. The addition of Martins will make the attack much faster and will produce more space to Ameobi. Levadia Tallin played two legs until now in UEFA Cup and they managed to eliminate Dutch Twente and Finish Haka. They won both matches at home, 1:0 against Twente and 2:0 against Haka. Estonian championship is almost at the finish and Levadia Tallinn is currently on the first place with 71 points and has 13 pts advantage before the second placed team. They played 26 matches and have impressive record, 23 wins 2 draws and only one defeat. The hosts are having great record, but this match is completely different. Newcastle is not Estonian team and they are traveling to Tallinn to recover from the two losses in their last two matches. They are confident that they are able and that they will win there in order to get the self-confidence in higher level before the tough schedule in Premier League (both West Ham and Liverpool away). Newcastle desperately wants to pass this round in UEFA Cup and to make into the group stage because they want to have successful season in Europe. Probable Newcastle line-up: Given – Carr, Moore, Bramble, Ramage – Duff, - Parker, Emre, N’Zogbia – Martins, Ameobi.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept What about Xanthi against Dinamo?any one some info about Xanthi?Dinamo have 6 from 6 victories in Romanian liga 1 and thei have a very strong team .they have performed many good transfers and to me they look favorites. i think a double is the right choice x2.

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept

Sorry Jackass, I only found this site like an hour ago and only saw this thread.... I will look closer now... But Gee thanks for the hospatality... I hope you welcome all your newbies and first posters like that!!
Is insulting me in your country hospitality? Whether you're new or not, it could be a good idea to read this full thread before posting. Could not be too difficult, don't you think?

Is insulting me in your country hospitality? Whether you're new or not' date=' it could be a good idea to read this full thread before posting. Could not be too difficult, don't you think?[/quote'] Hey buddy there are ways to type things without sounding like a jerk.... and you turned a simple reply into an arguement. Didn't your mother ever teach you manners and courtesy? Guess not. And yes I did read the earlier pages and there was a little on Celta Vigo and nothing on west ham... Other people are asking advice and other people's thought so why aren't you down their throat telling them to read past posts? If you didn't have anything constructive to say then don't reply to it? Is that hard

Hey buddy there are ways to type things without sounding like a jerk.... and you turned a simple reply into an arguement. Didn't your mother ever teach you manners and courtesy? Guess not. And yes I did read the earlier pages and there was a little on Celta Vigo and nothing on west ham... Other people are asking advice and other people's thought so why aren't you down their throat telling them to read past posts? If you didn't have anything constructive to say then don't reply to it? Is that hard
We're going off-topic so let's stick it to this. In general, it's better to read first the topic before posting. And this has to count for everybody. I don't want to get personnal, that's ridiculous. Hope you get your info here and that you share your thoughts too in the future.

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept Dinamo Zagreb - Auxerre Dinamo Zagreb Squad / Fromation Kuže prepared 4-3-2-1 for this game today .........................................Eduardo........................................ ......................Modrić...............................Vugrinec................... ......Agić.............................Vukojević.........................Buljat....... ..Cvitanović..........Mamić..........................Ćorluka......................Etto.. .........................................Turina............................................. For this game we have 4 missing players,Chago,Novotny,Drpić,Ćale,our defense is weaker without these players but still there is no worry because all of players for todays game are experienced and will take care about defensive tasks without problem.... Our main weapon is in midfield and attack,young Modrić who is already top class player,experienced Vugrinec,rock solid Buljat,Agić, and the best attacker in Croatian league Eduardo is really something to be scare of,game in Zagreb against Arsenal didn't show egactly what these players are capable because Kuže didn't risk enough and played more defensive,in London was much better.But with these formation i expect a lot of problems in front of Auxerre goal.. Auxerre Very good team even they are not so good in their league.. Ok i will say something about their formation.. not "standard" 4-4-2 formation ..........................................Pieroni............................................... .......................................................Jelen................................... Kahlenberg................................................................................... .............................Cheyrou................Mantis..................Pedretti..... ............Radet...........................................................Sagna.......... ..........................Mignot............................Caboul.......................... ...........................................Cool................................................. Very disciplined team,they improved a bit,winning over Monaco in last league game,for this game they don't have any missings..Pieroni,Pedrotti,Jelen and Kahlenberg are all excellent players,their defense is solid,here is conclusion after all: Dinamo biggest advantage is collectivity and creativity,really this season everything is put in main target"Dinamo in Europe",believe me i know that these is game of their lives,also i would be crazy not to mention crowd and support on stadium..our disadvantage is miss of expirience in europe and missing of these 3 players.. Auxerre advantages:epirience,they are playing in harder league but mybe they don't have that much individual creativity.. Ok,when i read all what i have wrote must admit that this i wouldn' play if i live somewhere else,but i know this team,i personally know almost whole squad and i know how are they prepared for this game,and i can say that small part of this pick is based on my heart,however : Dinamo Zagreb 2.50 @ Expekt with 4/10 Good luck. Toni

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept Hi,i am new here. I just wanted to know if anyone could give information about levadia.I think they are too underrated again as last match.This is newcastle some might argue but in 2 legged games anything can happen in the 1st leg. I am not suggesting levadia can win newcastle easily but hcp wise i think levadia is worth a try. any team news about levadia?

...but 5-0-0 and 13-1 from CSKA is very respektable.. They won : away - cherno more 2-0 home- Loko Plovdiv 3-0 away - Litex 1-0 home -spartak V 4-0 and finally in last game their defence catitulated away - Rilski sportist 3-1 So 5 wins in a row and four clean sheet are big results..What can you say about this 5 games ?
You can try this approach: Levski's record in Bulgarian league is 4 wins and one draw (including 5:0 at home against Rilski sportist and 3:0 at home against Spartak V) with 19 goals scored and none conceeded. The 0:0 draw was away at Vihren, Levski were unlucky and tired after the away match at Udinese. Yet everyone saw the abysmal difference in class between Levski and Barca on Tuesday. Besiktas is no Barca, of course ;) CSKA and Levski are usually miles ahead of all other Bulgarian clubs, lately only Litex and Loko Sofia stand out from the rest. So I wouldn't look into the CSKA matches against Loko Plovdiv, Spartak V and Rilski sportist. The away win at Cherno more with a clean sheet is a decent result. The best result is the away win at Litex and it shows us that CSKA feel ok when they have to sit back, soak up pressure and look for counters. Perhaps that's why they had troubles against Hajduk Kula. I spoke with some CSKA fans this morning and they fully expect an ultra-defensive approach from CSKA this evening. By the way, I am still confused if key defender Tunchev will play or not. Papers say he is suspended, CSKA says he is in Istanbul and ready to play :unsure

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept No info about West Ham - Palermo? I'd skip this one. Anyway, here are the squads: West Ham (from): Carroll, Green, Walker, Mears, Ferdinand, Gabbidon, Collins, Konchesky, Spector, Dailly, Benayoun, Mullins, Mascherano, Reo-Coker, Bowyer, Sheringham, Cole, Harewood, Zamora, Tevez. Palermo (from): Agliardi, Fontana, Zaccardo, Biava, Barzagli, Pisano, Diana, Corini, Simplicio, Bresciano, Brienza, Amauri, Capuano, Cassani, Tedesco, Parravicini, Caracciola, Di Michele, Guana, Feri I know little about Palermo but they had a very good run in UEFA Cup last season and they are not to be underestimated. In fact I would rate them as slight favourites to qualify for the next round due to their European experience. West Ham is well known for its powerful attack and suspect defence. Harewood is disturbed about the possibility to lose his starting place to Argentinian star Tevez. Tevez is not in his best physical condition but he looked very lively on Sunday against Villa but his partners in attack and midfield need more time to get used to his style of play. Perhaps Pardew should play with bot Tevez and Mascherano as they know how to play together, plus Mascherano looked great in the World Cup. Gabbidon has lapses in defence. Etherington is a notable miss on the left flank. Many players looked tired on Sunday after taking part in international matches. This match can go either way and I will stick to my favourite bet on home matches of the Hammers: HT/FT 2/1 - pays nicely when it comes in ;)

anyone have some info about fenerbahce - randers fc , the odd on the handicap 0:1 are very high @ 6.20 , can randers score a goal cuz the form of fenerbahce is not so good at the moment. cheers!
No chance for randers..I dont believe they can score.. Fenerbahce's attacking power is very very high... Kezman-Deivid Souza-Alex De Souza...and 50.000 supporters will be at the stadium..Crowd wonderful.. 3-0 or 4-0 my predict..

Anyone think atvadiberg can do the unthinkable again and pull off another surprise? I won some good money on them last time out. Was looking at their odds and really are tempting,anyone with latest news on this match. thanks
Well in last round Bran probably let them go through,this time it s not case,for me AW but i rarely bet on Grasshoppers cause every year they have many,many strange results,but this year they started just fine.Teams from Sweden didnt make anything in europe for years(ok Helsinborg is exception)and Atvidaberg is team from second division :nana AW 8/10 @1.6+ Well Marseille is better team,but i really like odds on M.Boleslav around 9 :loon They are great in domestic championship,and they every time rest their players before european game,ofc Marseille is very strong especially at Velodrome so only small stakes. AW 1/10 @8.5+

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept Celta Vigo have suffered a major blow ahead of their tie in Belgium against Standard Liege. New Brazilian signing George Lucas Coser broke his leg when landing awkwardly after nearly an hour of his team's 2-1 Primera Liga win against Tarragona on Sunday. The defender has undergone surgery and is out for four months, compounding Celta manager Fernando Vázquez's injury woes. Fellow defender Pablo García is sidelined for a month with a hamstring problem, while Dutch midfielder Daniël De Ridder is recovering from surgery on his left knee and Antonio Guayre has pulled a calf muscle. standard 1X for me

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept Holders Sevilla's Brazilian striker Luis Fabiano is sidelined with a pulled calf muscle for the game against Atromitos. The forward suffered the injury in training and will be missed by the Primera Liga outfit. He it was who broke the deadlock in lasst season's Uefa Cup final against Middlesbrough, heading home midway through the first-half to put Sevilla ahead. The Spanish side went on to win 4-0 and claim their first European trophy. But they will also be without four others: Javi Navarro (pulled muscle), Enzo Maresca, who scored twice in the final (Achilles tendon injury), Ernesto Chevantón (back) and Adriano Correia who has not travelled to Athens. Uruguaan striker Chevantón has been ruled out for up to five weeks with in injury to his fifth vertebra and has been ordered to rest completely. That is frustrating for both the player and Sevilla, who signed him from AS Monaco for around 8 million euros last month. He has yet to play a competitive game for them.

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept One decent bet not to be missed tonight is AJAX. 4/6 is absolutely huge on the Dutch. (Betfair current price) They couldn't have gotten much softer opposition than the Norwegian strugglers, IK Start. Ajax were unlucky to be knocked out of the Champions League, but they'll have a good run in this competition. Superior players in every position, they should enjoy this match up with the Norwegians. Ajax are always an attacking side who win away games regularly. They'll want to finish the tie tonight. The price alone makes this a bet not to miss.

I have it on good authority that this will be Spurs' starting line up tonight Robbo, Chimbonda, Ekkoto, Dawson, King, Jenas, Huddlestone, Zokora, Tanio,Mido, Defoe
Would be surprised if he put Huddlestone into the starting line up. He hasn't played much for us, (only one sub appearance this season) though he is a talented youngster. Lennon could be fit, though may well be on the Bench. I'll stick my neck out and go for a Spurs win :hope (8/10), though there may well be value in HT Draw FT Spurs (5/10). Ledley back into the side made us look a lot better at the back against United, and although Berbatov will probably not play (Like Lennon he faces a late fitness test), Mido and Defoe should have enough firepower to knock in a couple. Tempted by a draw in the West Ham vs Palermo game too. (5/10) and 1-1 for a correct score there (5/10). Both sides seem evenly matched to me. Harewood has just signed an improved contract, so may be looking to celebrate it with a goal. I doubt Pardew will play the two Agrentines together yet, as they need to gel with the rest of the side, which could be a bit of a risk in such an important game.

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept website Derry City boss Stephen Kenny is giving little away about his line-up for Thursday's Uefa Cup first round first leg tie against Paris Saint Germain. Peter Hutton is expected to return to the defence but several other selection issues appear not so clear cut. Killian Brennan and Pat McCourt will hope to get the nod for one of the wide midfield berths. PSG will be without Vikash Dhorasoo, Edouard Cisse and Jerome Rothen while Pauleta may only make the bench. Dhorasso and Cisse are apparently being rested are being rested for a French league match at the weekend while Rothen is not fully fit and did not travel. Derry boss Kenny has no fears that his players might freeze. "Getting our boys focused is not a problem because they are determined to be as good as they can be," he said. The Candystripes go into the home leg unbeaten in their 18 competitive home games in 2006 and Kenny says that PSG will "need to be good to beat us". "Getting our boys focused is not a problem because they are determined to be as good as they can be," he said.

o.gif The players all want to play and they are going round Derry and feeding off the enthusiasm of the people in the city Stephen Kenny
On Wednesday, Kenny reported that Mark Farren (ankle) and Sean Hargan (dead leg) had picked up minor knocks but both should be available for selection. Hutton's return to fitness after injury seems certain to mean demotion for Oman, who will consider himself unlucky after several recenty fine displays alongside Darren Kelly in the centre of the defence. "Whether they are all fit or not, they have all declared themselves fit for this game," said Kenny of his squad. "They all want to play and they are going round Derry and feeding off the enthusiasm of the people in the city." Kenny travelled to the French capital for PSG's 3-1 league defeat by bitter rivals Marseilles on Sunday. The result leaves PSG in a lowly 15th place in the French table but Kenny felt that they were unlucky to lose the game. "They have had mixed results (this season) but they did beat Lille 1-0 a couple of weeks ago and Lille beat Manchester United in the Champions League last season. "They have a lot of quality players and will be a step up for us.
o.gif We're glad we're at home first because it will take a fair side to beat us at the Brandywell Stephen Kenny
Kenny believes having the home leg first has boosted his team's prospects. "There was 46,000 people at the game the other night and they are passionate people. "It will be a little bit different in the Brandywell with 3,000 although our fans will try to make as much noise. "We're glad we're at home first because it will take a fair side to beat us at the Brandywell. "And while the suggestion that an Irish team could make the group stages of a Uefa competition has sort of been laughed off, we're only one round away now." A member of the PSG backroom staff travelled to Derry to watch the recent 0-0 Eircom League draw against UCD and manager Guy Lacombe saw the Candystripes beat Shelbourne in the FAI Cup earlier this month.

Would be surprised if he put Huddlestone into the starting line up. He hasn't played much for us, (only one sub appearance this season) though he is a talented youngster. Lennon could be fit, though may well be on the Bench. I'll stick my neck out and go for a Spurs win :hope (6/10), though there may well be value in HT Draw FT Spurs (5/10). Ledley back into the side made us look a lot better at the back against United, and although Berbatov will probably not play (Like Lennon he faces a late fitness test), Mido and Defoe should have enough firepower to knock in a couple. Tempted by a draw in the West Ham vs Palermo game too. (5/10) and 1-1 for a correct score there (5/10). Both sides seem evenly matched to me. Harewood has just signed an improved contract, so may be looking to celebrate it with a goal. I doubt Pardew will play the two Agrentines together yet, as they need to gel with the rest of the side, which could be a bit of a risk in such an important game.
I'm confident about tonight mate, not normally confident about Spurs, particularly away from home but I think we'll win 2-0 :) :clap

MarseillevsM. Boleslav
Maeseille Home goals : 1.6 per match (16 - 4) Boleslav Away goals : 1.34 per match (15 -15) UEFA CUP: Marseille vs Young Boys : 0 - 0 Intertoto: Marseille vs Dnipro : 0 - 0 Champions League: Galatasaray vs M.Boleslav : 5 -2 Champions League: Valerenga vs M.Boleslav : 2 - 2 This shows that both team can score and Boleslav have shaky defence. Marseille have both UEFA cup matches at home ended 0 - 0, this could be due to both teams are playing cautiously as it is a two leg tie, marseille also drawed both away matches 3-3 and 2-2, this is because both teams need to find a win. For Boleslav, most of their matches ended with at least 2 goals. As for this match,i would think that both teams will want to look for their 1st win especially Marseille at home, Boleslav will ofcourse go on the attack to find goals, but they will be let down by their poor defence..so tonight i hope that Ribery will pull the strings and show that he is going to replace Zidane. 3-1, 3-0,3-2 win for Marseille My pick is TG2.5 over!! :ok :hope :hope :hope good luck all!

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept Caution on Celta game; The 22-year-old George Lucas has thus been ruled out of Fernando Vázquez's side's UEFA Cup first-round tie against R. Standard de Liège on Thursday along with defender Pablo García, who will be absent for a month with a right hamstring injury. In addition to this Celta will be without Dutch midfielder Daniël De Ridder, who has had surgery on his left knee, and Antonio Guayre, who has pulled a muscle in his right calf. might put me off the importance of these players means nothing to me though Also Fabiano and Chevanton will miss the Sevilla game

Probable lineup: Red Star: Randjelovic - Pantic, Bisevac, Tutoric, Perovic - Georgiev, Milovanovic, Castillo, Trisovic (Milijas) - Djokic, Ailton Key defensive midfielder(used to play as a right back these days) Dusan Basta will miss the match through injury!
Key defender Zápotočný (captain) and stoper KoÅ¡ťal will miss the match trough injury ;)

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept Trabzonspor-Osasuna As everytime, new manager completely changed mentality of the team.2 week ago manager Lazaroni had the same squad.However Trabzon was really playing awful.On the other hand manager Ziya Doğan's Trabzon was really impressed me against Beşiktaş at İnönü Stadium in İstanbul.They concede 2 goals but one of them was caused by defender Fatih Akyel's big mistake and other one was really a chance goal.Trabzon's scores were in modern footballs attacking style.They use wings great.Right winger Gökdeniz played really very well.He made 3 assists.Also forward Ersen Martin heads the ball everytime.He shots the ball or heads the ball down for his friend but definitely touches the ball.Midfielder captain Hüseyin plays well and win lots of tacklings.If defenders Stepanov and Fatih Akyel don't make basic mistakes Trabzon is a sure bet tonight. Adding that, Trabzon-Osasuna match will be played without supporters.But i think that this won't affect Trabzon's playing in a negative way.Because lots of time Trabzon supporters made their players stressful in a big matches like Osasuna. Osasuna side, all of you know something about them.They aren't previous year Osasuna.They couldn't score yet.Maybe they can score today but Trabzon will score twice.Good luck Bet Trabzonspor 9/10