** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept

Tulenos

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept 'Blackburn manager Mark Hughes is adamant Red Bull Salzburg's artificial pitch will not be used as an excuse for a bad performance on Thursday. ' does this counts for anything? maybe over 2.5 ? Kayserispor looks too good at +1.25, but why is the odds SO high? any team news for both Kayseri and AZ or other factor?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept AZ looks pretty solid on paper. Great side with good record in UEFA Cup and great home record. They have been doing incredibly well in there leauge and have been handing out thrashings to NAC Breda and beating NEC away from home. Players like Arveladze and Kovermans should get the job done. Unfortanetly i know very little about the Turkish club. AZ are very hot at the moment and it should be a home win.

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept

'Blackburn manager Mark Hughes is adamant Red Bull Salzburg's artificial pitch will not be used as an excuse for a bad performance on Thursday. '
Also its because our training pitch is very simliar to the surface that Saltzburg use. Im definatly not confident about a Rovers win. 2.5 for the home win is my choice as we are lacking in a bit of confidence and our strikers(1 which is now injured) are not firing the goals in yet. as I mentioned before Rovers have NEVER won away in europe.

a sure home win ia sure home win is
panathinakos
A word of caution. On Danish teletext, i say that the Pana squad have been badly hit by a stomich virus. 8 players should be in bad shape. I also read somewhere that the neutral venue should suit Pana well, as it is already sold out, and atmosphere will be hot. Make of it what you want, just some info:ok

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept Probable lineup: Red Star: Randjelovic - Pantic, Bisevac, Tutoric, Perovic - Georgiev, Milovanovic, Castillo, Trisovic (Milijas) - Djokic, Ailton Key defensive midfielder(used to play as a right back these days) Dusan Basta will miss the match through injury!

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept Word of caution regarding Sevilla as next sunday is the city derby with massive interest for both sides being the hotest in Spain reg supporters, few players left at home like Navarro,Maresca and Fabiano not that it makes much diference Kanoute shall not start a 1-1 would be a good result hoping to close it at home ,also unders apeal for the same reason , all this w/o knowing much about atromitos . Celta look a good shot visiting Standar they are going with everything available tough sort in some positions like defending sides yet enough ,started the league in similar fashion to last year & will be eager to do a sevilla this year to boost their trophy room - my shot in the outright among liga teams :hope -. Regarding other Spanish teams things are rather cloudy on the domestic league for them showing not much they should be fired to get a boost in europe good thing for them both have close previous experience in UC always important . Ant news reg Trabznospor,Atromitos and Artmedia? Cheers :ok

Turkish club Trabzonspor have appealed against UEFA's ruling that they must play their UEFA Cup first round, first-leg match against Spanish opponents CA Osasuna next Thursday behind closed doors.

EventRubin Kazan-Parma
Selectionhome win
Strength10/10
Date14/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceEurobet @ 2.30 (Back)
ReasoningRubin play against Parma here. I will give a home advantage to home side.Italian seria A just started and i can not see that parma can be favourite here. Parma played just one game and drawed 1-1 with torino. Rubin have a great performance at home.they have 7-2-1 and 13-6.As i said i bolive in home side and i bolive that they are able to win over parma.Posible results are 1-0 or 2-1.
EventLevadia Talin-New Castle
Selectionaway win
Strength10/10
Date14/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 1.50 (Back)
ReasoningNew castle have 1-0-2 and 3-5 goals in premiership and it seems that season didnt start as they expected. they won 2-1 over wigan in first round but then lost 0-2 against aston villa and 1-2 at home against fulham what was a big suprise.in last round of cup uefa new castle also made a megabig suprise drawing 0-0 at home with ventpils. this time play against levadia talin from estonia wich lead in domestic league with 71 points in 26 games.At home they have 12-1-0 and 48-8. it seems that this can be hard game but stil there is a huge difference between premiership and estonian league. i bolive that new castle will play great today and win
EventLevadia Talin-New castle
Selectionover 2.5 goals
Strength10/10
Date14/09/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.09 (Back)
ReasoningAs i said in previously post Levadia Talin have great performance at home scoring 48 and receiving just 8 goals.But this league is far away from premier league. I bolive here that new castle will win and levadia will score at least.I expect results as 2-1 or 3-1 for new castle. Sola Ameobi will play against Talin. Nolberto Solano,Steven Taylor and Babayaro are injured and wil not play here in this game. So with this missings it will be hard game for new castle but i think that they can win here

EventHertha Berlin - Odense
Selectionhome win
Strength10/10
Date14/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceNordicbet @ 1.42 (Back)
ReasoningHertha have 1-2-0 and 5-1 in bundesliga and we can not say that they didnt start well. They won 4-0 over hannover and drawed 0-0 with wolfsburg and 1-1 with hamburg in away games.Also in cup uefa in last round hertha won 1-0 at home over ameri and drawed 2-2 away. this timw wil play against odense from denmark wich have 4-3-1 and 12-7 in domestic league.in three away games wich played odense have 2-1-0 and 6-2. they won 1-0 at home and 5-1 away over lannelli in last round of uefa cup. home side will for sure look for advantage here and i bolive that hertha is able to beat odense at own stadium in berlin

EventHertha Berlin - Odense
Selectionover 2.5 goals
Strength10/10
Date14/09/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.95 (Back)
ReasoningHertha played just one game in bundesliga at home and won 4-0 over hannover.Odense played 2-1-0 and 6-2 in three away games wich played in domestic league. so it seems that hertha will not have easy job here agaisnt neighbour from denmark.i expect tight game and results as 2-1 or 3-1 for hertha.
EventSlovan Liberec-Red Star
Selectionhome win
Strength10/10
Date14/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 2.05 (Back)
ReasoningSlovan liberec is waiting red star. liberec is 2cn in czechian Gambrinus Liga and have 16 points in 6 games.they have 5-1-0 and 8-0.yes , they didnt received any goal in 6 games in czechian league wich is for sure more harder and better then serbians league. At home liberec have 1-1-0 nd 2-0.they won over banik ostrava with 2-0 and drawed 0-0 with brno. they played 0-0 with spartak moscow at home and lost 1-2 in moscow so struggled to play in champions league this year. Red star bought ailton but it seems that lost Zigic what is very bad. I will play here for hosts and i bolive that Liberec will easy win over red star
EventLegia Warszawa-Austria Wien
Selectionhome win
Strength10/10
Date14/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoningthis is intresting game between two teams wich had a great performance in last seasons but now they are lost. Actually Legia is not so bad and they have 2-2-2 and 10-9 in domestic league,but we all remember how they were strong in last seasons. At home legia have 2-0-1 and 7-5.At home they won over gornik 2-1 and cracowia 3-1 but lost 1-2 from belchatow.Biggest reason for that is champ league qualifications games wich legia played with shakthat and after 0-1 away legia lost at home too with 2-3.so they failed to play in champ league but stil uefa cup is here and nice opportunity for another succes. Austria Wien is last in austrian league and they have 0-5-3 and 3-7.this league is same as italian league wich can kill clubs an players.Austria is one of that clubs.In away games they have 0-1-3 and 1-5.with this performance i think that they have nothing to look in poland.

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept Thank you Tulenos... TRABZONSPOR Because of UEFA ban there won't be any supporters in the match.. Last week Trabzon sacked Lazaroni and their new manager is Ziya Dogan. Even though they started new season very bad, they played very good match against Besiktas last week... That was the best trabzon i have ever seen for a long time... After loosing Fatih Tekke to zenit they had a striker problem but Ersen Martin who was forgotten by Lazaroni in subs played a very very good game and scored twice... His style is similar to Peter Crouch or Hakan Sukur... They have good transfres for this year including Marcelinho and Kiki Musampa... Traditionally Trabzon gets good results in home matches in european cups but sucking away matches... So, while considering the poor performance of Osasuna HW is very possible.. But no comment for the tour...

EventEthnikos Achnas FC - RC Lens
Selectionaway win
Strength10/10
Date14/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceInterwetten @ 1.65 (Back)
ReasoningEthnikos Achnas FC is from Cyprus and after just three rounds in domestic league leads with 2-1-0 and 9-3.At home won both games and have 8-2 goal difference. But this league is far far away from european football and we know how big succes have their football clubs in european football. Lens after 5 rounds in France have 2-1-2 and 7-8.they won 1-0 over troyes and 3-0 over valenciennes at home , drawed 1-1 with lorient and lost 0-4 against lille and 2-3 from st etienne. I think that Lens will finally show better performance and i expect that will win here over Ethnikos.
EventFK Lokomotiv Moscow - Zulte-Waregem
Selectionhome win
Strength10/10
Date14/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 1.36 (Back)
ReasoningLok moscow is 2nd in russian league and have 36 points in 19 games and they are just two points behind CSKA moscow wich is leading with 38. At home lok moscow have 4-4-2 and 18-12. We saw yesterday that CSKA drawed agaisnt Porto in Portugal so we can say that their football is very strong at this moment. Lokomotiw didnt lost in last 16 games so i dont see any reason that can lose against Zulte Waregem from Belgium wich have 1-1-3 and 5-8 after 5 rounds in Belgian league.
EventFK Lokomotiv Moscow - Zulte-Waregem
SelectionHT/FT Lokomotiv/Lokomotiv
Strength10/10
Date14/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 1.91 (Back)
ReasoningI already wrote that Lokomotiv have great performance in russian league.Now they play at home for cup uefa group stage competetion.Of course that they want to be part of uefa cup this year.Their team is complite without missings and i expect high motivation here. Before this season Zulte sold some important players and it seems that curent team is not so great.D’Haemersa, Meerta ,Van Nieuwenhuyze and Roussela are injured or suspensed and will not play here. I bolive that Lokomotiv will score an early goal and keep result til end of game so my pick will be Lokomotiv at HT and at FT

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept Hertha v Odense B. Odense go into this game with only one striker, as the others are cup-tied after having already played for other Danish side Brøndby earlier in the qualifying stages of this year's UEFA Cup. Their lone striker to be fielded today, Rajko Lekic, hasn't played regularly for months before Odense bought him from a Spanish 2nd division club. Worse is though that Odense's main goal threat, midfielder Tobias Grahn, has now been rated doubtful for today's match. So I suggest that you check on that later today before making any bets, but if he's out I cannot see Odense getting anything from this match.

EventIK Start Kristiansand - Ajax Amsterdam
Selectionaway win
Strength10/10
Date14/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 1.62 (Back)
ReasoningAjax cach the form this season and have great results.Also they have young and strong team and in last seconds they failed to play in champions league when lost 0-2 in Amsterdam against Kopenhagen. After three rounds in Holand they have 3-0-0 and 10-1. They won over RKC 5-0 , over Nac 2-1 and over Vitesse 3-0 in last round. They will look for great result from Norway now. start have 7-6-6 in norwegian league and it seems that they will not have so succes season as it was in last year when finished 2nd.At home they have 4-3-2 and 10-6. They won over Lillstrom two times (cup and league) and over Rosenborg .they also have 7 wins in a row at home in last 7 home games including cup uefa games over Skala and Drogheda wich won 3-0 and 1-0. Ajax will take this game very seriously and will not gice a chance for new suprise.
EventStart Kristiansand - Ajax
Selectionover 2.5 goals
Strength10/10
Date14/09/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.90 (Back)
ReasoningI expect a lot of goals in this game. Ajax are in great performance winning all three league games and have 10-1. On the another side Start won all last 7 games wich played at home includin two cup uefa qualifications games wich won 3-0 over skala and 1-0 over drogheda. Both teams are in great performance.Start is strong at home so i think that both teams will score in this game but quality wich is on the side of Ajax will make that all points will go to Holland this time.I take over 2.5 goals here
EventBesiktas-CSKA Sofia
Selectionhome win
Strength10/10
Date14/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.64 (Back)
ReasoningBeşiktaş Runje Ali Tandoğan Gökhan Zan Koray İbrahim Ãœzülmez Burak Kleberson Delgado Ricardinho Nobre Bobo CSKA Sofya Ivanov Tunchev Kotev Jakirovic Dimitrov Rusev Petrov Petre Trica Tiago Silva Todorov It seems that there in not suspended or injured players in both teams.Besiktas comes to this game agaisnt 2-3 over Trabzon in last week at own stadium.Next game will play against Galatasaray in Istanbul too so there is not place for suprise here. CSKA is strong in domestic league and have 5-0-0 and 13-0 but in last round in cup uefa drawed at home 0-0 and after that in Belgrad 1-1 with Hajduk Kula.In first round was better over Dinamo from Tirana. If defence of Besiktas show here better performance i expect 2-0 victory for Besiktas

']Robijas' date=' whats your opinion on AZ?[/quote'] I am just reading infos about teams...Hard game but i will make some analyses latter.. Main player of AZ Sota Averadze played already in Turkey in Trabzon and i just read infos about this game.. I think that AZ will win here with one goal difference..1-0 or 2-1 are posible.. THERE is not injured or suspended palyers.I could not find any of them. This are posible eleven: AZ Alkmaar Didulica Donk Opdam Luirink Jaliens Schaars De Zeeuw Cziommer Meerdink Koevarmans Şota Kayserispor İvankov Mehmet Topuz Aydın Johnson Toledo Kamber Ragıp Bülent B. Fatih Ceylan Gökhan İgleisas

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept Runje Ali Tandoğan Gökhan Zan Koray İbrahim Ãœzülmez Burak Kleberson Delgado Ricardinho Nobre Bobo This squad is too much offensive... Burak, Delgado, Ricardinho, Nobre, Bobo.. I don't think Tigana prefers 5 forwards but this will be over match because Besiktas must score and their poor defence again concede at least a goal...

Runje Ali Tandoğan Gökhan Zan Koray İbrahim Ãœzülmez Burak Kleberson Delgado Ricardinho Nobre Bobo This squad is too much offensive... Burak, Delgado, Ricardinho, Nobre, Bobo.. I don't think Tigana prefers 5 forwards but this will be over match because Besiktas must score and their poor defence again concede at least a goal...
Besiktas at this moment have not any great player in defence.Their bigest wapen is attack and attacking-middlefield... Tigana said that can put Ricardinho on bench coz his performance is not so great in previously games but stil have not any player to make defence stronger...This is very intresting game here...that is reason why i said that IF DEFENCE OF BESIKTAS show better performance tonight they will win..Coz i am sure that Besiktas will score goals..Last year Besiktas lost from Zenit or drawed In Istanbnul..so this time there is not place for suprise here

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept Hi everyone, I was wondering what people think about these two matches... West Ham against Palermo and standard against celta vigo I'm swaying to west ham and Celta to win, but what does everyone else think? I can't seem to find any news on whos playing injuries etc... cheers

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept Some info about the matches of Bulgarian teams: Besiktas - CSKA Sofia CSKA played two poor matches in the preliminary round of UEFA Cup and needed an injury-time equaliser to get to extra time and win against weak Hajduk Kula. This time CSKA will miss key midfielder Georgi Iliev (injured) and key defender Alexander Tunchev (suspended, although he went to the match in the CSKA squad). Besiktas should be stronger than CSKA and will try to use home advantage. Usualy CSKA raise their game in Europe but their squad is weaker than last year, there have been many changes and a new coach. If Besiktas plays as expected, this should be a home win with 1 or 2 goals difference. CSKA will try to hold the ball in midfield and wait for mistakes of Besiktas. Odds around 1.6 look just about right, I think anuthing above 1.5 has some value. Maccabi Haifa - Litex Played at a neutral ground in the Netherlands. Maccabi Haifa is the strongest Israeli team, they will miss Brasilian midfielder Andersson. Litex is without Novakovich (moved to Koln after the preliminary rounds of UEFA Cup) and regular goalkeeper Vutov is suspended. 24-year old Todor Todorov is expected to play as a goalie even though he has played only 2 matches in official professional tournaments. Maccabi's coach said they will play very carefully as they know that Litex prefers away matches in UEFA Cup. Because of the goalkeeper situation (if the info is correct), odds for home win around evens look ok for small bets. Loko Sofia - Feyenoord By all accounts, Feyenoord is in poor form and the last result 4:1 at Sparta is flattering. Unfortuantely, Loko Sofia is not a team we can trust to take advantage of this situation. Moreover, they will miss two regular starters in defence (Savic and Donchev) so that leaves them only with 3 decent defenders and an unusual formation. Feyenoord is expected to switch from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2. They miss defender Vlaar and Kolen, also Hofs and Tiendali are doubtful. The guests are rated as the stronger team but I cannot trust them when they are out of form. They also meet PSV at the weekend. Loko does not have big stars (they do have a talented yound striker Genkov and a skilled but sometimes lazy offensive midfielder Dafchev) but their coach is decent and they play well as a team. I would say that the value lies in the draw. Feyenoord should score against the makeshift defence of Loko. I do not see any great bets in these matches, unless I find evidence that Besiktas or Haifa is really strong - then I will go for home wins with 5/10 stake.

Hi everyone, I was wondering what people think about these two matches... West Ham against Palermo and standard against celta vigo I'm swaying to west ham and Celta to win, but what does everyone else think? I can't seem to find any news on whos playing injuries etc... cheers
That's because you don't look further than this page. Look better and than post this question..

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept Hi Clueless, thank you for infos.. I bolive too in victory of Besiktas...but 5-0-0 and 13-1 from CSKA is very respektable.. They won : away - cherno more 2-0 home- Loko Plovdiv 3-0 away - Litex 1-0 home -spartak V 4-0 and finally in last game their defence catitulated away - Rilski sportist 3-1 So 5 wins in a row and four clean sheet are big results..What can you say about this 5 games ?

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept I've been looking into the UEFA Cup tonight and I reckon Salzburg will beat Blackburn :-) Red Bull have taken them over and they now have Lothar Matthaus and Giovanni Trapattoni as the management team. Eight league games into the season and they are unbeaten and only conceded one goal! Add to the fact Blackburn have only scored once this season, not won and have never won away in Europe, it all points to a Salzurg win imo. You can also throw into the equation that the Red Bull Arena has an artificial pitch and that will give them an advantage and Blackburn problems. Salzburg @ 13/10 is a cracking price imo.

That's because you don't look further than this page. Look better and than post this question..
Sorry Jackass, I only found this site like an hour ago and only saw this thread.... I will look closer now... But Gee thanks for the hospatality... I hope you welcome all your newbies and first posters like that!!

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept teams like Ajax,Alkmaar,Sevilla,Hertha,Schalke,Lokomotiv should have no problem in their matches.I suggest home win for Rapid as thei have performed two late transfers and their best midfielder Maldarasanu has recovered from an injury.after a very long time all of their players are playing except miedfilder E.Dica.Home win.