** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept

Tulenos

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept Rapid - National Madeira Rapid is back on the right track after they welcomed back injured Maldarasanu and suspended Constantin. Also they made 2 late transfers, midfielder Lazar and national team's striker Mazilu. But imo the biggest transfer is convincing Viorel Moldovan not to retreat from football at he end of last season. Moldovan was the key player for Rapid in the previous 3 games, he scored the equalizer vs Craiova and both 2 goals in last game at home vs Vaslui. Coach Lucesu is realy begining to find a good formula and Rapid is playing again the football that made them play in UEFA Cup quarters last year. National is not in the best form, loosing both games so far and dont think they will stand the pressure tonight. Odds were arround 1.7, now dropped to 1.6 but still think it is worth take it. Rapid @ 1.60 6/10

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Ethnikos Achnas - RC Lens
Selection RC Lens
Strength 10/10
Date 14/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price Gamebookers @ 1.53 (Back)
Reasoning Ethnikos is a suprise to be where they are, they are not a great team even in Cyprus and there is colossal difference between the two leagues. RC Lens has a busy schedule so they will want to settle this in the 1st leg.Lens is a pretty good team in France currently with 2 wins 1 draw and 2 losses. Lens group (18 players) for tonight: Chabbert, Itandje Barul, Coulibaly, Demont, Gillet, Hilton, Ramos, Zayatte Career, Hermach, Keita, If. Keita, Lacourt Boukari, Cousin, Jemaa, Jussiê Aruna Dindane, Grégory Vignal and Kévin Monnet-Package are missing. Ethnikos Achnas is composed mostly of cypriots and some players from Eastern Europe. They reached the end of their road RC Lens will have no trouble in this game.

Trabzonspor-Osasuna As everytime, new manager completely changed mentality of the team.2 week ago manager Lazaroni had the same squad.However Trabzon was really playing awful.On the other hand manager Ziya Doğan's Trabzon was really impressed me against Beşiktaş at İnönü Stadium in İstanbul.They concede 2 goals but one of them was caused by defender Fatih Akyel's big mistake and other one was really a chance goal.Trabzon's scores were in modern footballs attacking style.They use wings great.Right winger Gökdeniz played really very well.He made 3 assists.Also forward Ersen Martin heads the ball everytime.He shots the ball or heads the ball down for his friend but definitely touches the ball.Midfielder captain Hüseyin plays well and win lots of tacklings.If defenders Stepanov and Fatih Akyel don't make basic mistakes Trabzon is a sure bet tonight. Adding that, Trabzon-Osasuna match will be played without supporters.But i think that this won't affect Trabzon's playing in a negative way.Because lots of time Trabzon supporters made their players stressful in a big matches like Osasuna. Osasuna side, all of you know something about them.They aren't previous year Osasuna.They couldn't score yet.Maybe they can score today but Trabzon will score twice.Good luck Bet Trabzonspor 9/10
i took trabzon also! gl man!

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept Fenerbahce - Randers I called Fenerbahce and their star midfielder Alex de Souza as the big stars of the small games.. Both Alex and the rest of the team plays very offensive games... This strategy collapses in big matches but works very well against poor teams of TSL... I think this match is ideal for less working high technique players Alex and Tumer of FB.... 4+-0 or 5+-0 is not bad choices.. I don't know is it available but if available Alex to score is a good option too Good Luck

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Salzburg - Blackburn
Selection Salzburg
Strength 5/10
Date 14/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price Gamebookers @ 2.20 (Back)
Reasoning A very interesting game this is. Salzburg has changed since RedBull took over they have a manegement composed of Giovanni Trappatoni and Lothar Mattheus. On ground Salzburg is very strong on home ground, this is also thanks to the artificial grass where the ball moves mutch faster and a lot of teams find it hard to play there. Salzburg even managed to beat Valencia 1-0 on this ground. Blackurn has never-ever won on the road in European competitions and they will find it very hard today. I think Salzburg can take this.

EventRapid Bucarest-National
Selectionhome win
Strength10/10
Date14/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceNordicbet @ 1.60 (Back)
ReasoningRapid Buc have 2-3-1 in romaninan league.They have 5-3 goal difference.at home they have 2-1-0 and 4-1.In previously round they won 2-0 at home after lost in Sarajevo 0-1.It seems that rapid mach better play at own stadium then in away games. Nacional played two game in portugal league wich just started before two weeks.They lost both games Maritimo away 0-1 and at home against sporting wtih same result 0-1. So it seems that is something wrong with this team in this season. I will take strong home side here to win
EventSchalke-Nancy
Selectionhome win
Strength10/10
Date14/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 1.44 (Back)
ReasoningSchalke is in great form.they have very strong team.I think that Mladen Krstajic is out for this game but Zlatan Bajramovic is coming back. Schelke have 2-1-0 in bundesliga and also won 9-1 in cup game. Nancy also started great this season and have 3-1-1 and 7-4 but Nancy played agaisnt small teams as sedan and troyes. Last season schalke failed to play in final of cup uefa and as i heard this season that is main target for this big club. I take home win here
EventSchalke 04- Nancy
SelectionSchelke to score over 1.5 goals
Strength10/10
Date14/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceNordicbet @ 1.45 (Back)
ReasoningSchalke is big favourite here in this game for me. They are in superbform.They are very strong in this season and main target for this club in this season is to win bundesliga and to play in final of cup uefa. oday they will play against Nancy wich started great in France.Stil there is a huge difference between this two teams. I think that Schelke will win today and my another bet here is schelke to score over 1.5 goals coz i think that schelke will win 2-0 or 2-1

EventPartizan - Groningen
Selectionhome win
Strength10/10
Date14/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceNordicbet @ 1.70 (Back)
ReasoningPartizan from Blegrad is tradiionally strong team at home,expecially in international games and competetions.In last years big european clubs failed to take all points from Belgrad. This time Partizan is waiting for groningen wich have 2-1-0 and 6-2 in holland league.Even holland league is stronger then serbians Partizan is very strong and i think that will win over groningen.
EventTrabzonspor-Osasuna
Selectionhome win
Strength10/10
Date14/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.77 (Back)
ReasoningThis game will be played behind closed doors so odds on trabzons win are great. I think that Trabzon is stronger then osasuna at this moment. Trabzon started very bad in league and we can not see thair quality from league games.UEFA CUP is something different and i expect higher performance from them here. Trabzonspor Jefferson Ferhat Stepanov Fatih Akyel Murat Ocak Musa Büyük Hüseyin Szmkowiak Gökdeniz Marcelinho Ersen Martin Osasuna Ricardo J.Flano Cuellar Josetxo Corrales D.Lopez Punal Raul Delporte Soldado Milosevic This are players for tonights game.I bolive in Trabzon and their stars as Marcelinho,Szmkowiak and ersen martin.
EventTrabzonspor-Osasuna
Selectionover 1.5 goals
Strength10/10
Date14/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.47 (Back)
ReasoningTrabzon play attacking football and it is question of time when they will start to score many goals.Looking to games from domestic league and looking for strong Osasuna defence it is normal that we can expect a small number of goals but looking for trabzon team and their attack line i tihnk that here are posible some goals.I would take here over 2.5 but i wil ltake just over 1.5 goals. i dont bolive in 0-0 result here.
EventAtvidabergs-Grasshopers
Selectionaway win
Strength10/10
Date14/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceInterwetten @ 1.60 (Back)
ReasoningAtvidabergs is on the 9th position on swedish SECOND league.They have just 3-2-7 and 14-18.They cane here not thinking good games,they came here coz Brann bergen won ownself and i think that Bergen pass them to this round coz Bergen is fighting for title in Norway this season. Grasshopers have 4-2-1 and 13-6.It seems that finally they started one great season.i expect mach of them in this seson.for begining i hope that will win here over socond league atvidabergs in sweden

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept Wisła Kraków - Iraklis Wisła coach Dan Petrescu said that if Wisła will be out of Uefa cup he will resigned. All team is high motivated moreover Baszczyński and Sobolewski (both Polish Team starting 11) are back in Wisła squad.Petrescu also said that the most inportant thing for Wisła is not to lose any goal in Kraków and in this season at home wisła hasn't lose any goal. Wisł[email protected] [email protected] Iraklis not to score @2 good luck

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept Paris St Germain’s preparations for their clash with Derry City at the Brandywell have been thrown into disarray by an internal feud in the camp. PSG manager Guy Lacombe has left star players Vikash Dhorasoo and Edouard Cisse behind in the French capital following and a poor performance in a league match at the weekend. Marseille inflicted a 3-1 defeat on PSG and Lacombe is reported to have been furious after the match with a number of his players and has taken drastic action ahead of the visit to the Brandywell. Lacombe was not giving too much away when he was asked about the situation with the two players, but he was sticking by his players that did make the trip. “The players have been criticised but you can’t come out of a defeat to Marseille and not expect that to happen. In France the game against Marseille is the classic, so, of course, the players been affected,” said Lacombe.

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept Molde-Rangers Just some news on Rangers really who I will be backing. With Stefan Klos not back from injury and Lionel Letizi out with injuty Allan McGregor will play in goal. He's no longer a youngster but this still may be a test for him. The back pairing of Sevensson and Rodriguez are still a little shakey. In the last two home games Rangers have kept clean sheets but they have not kept a clean sheet away from Ibrox. In total they have lost 4 goals in their 3 away games this season. This pairing, there is no replacement with Papac being cup-tied, along with the 3rd choice keeper in goal is Rangers' weak point. Where Rangers are excelling is on the attacking front. They have scored two goals in all bar one of their games this season and that was the 1-1 draw away to Dunfermline. Kris Boyd has scored 5 goals in his last 3 starts while Buffel, Purso and Sionko are capable of chipping in too with 5 goals between them. I expect Rangers to win this one but that's probably my heart ruling my head. For the neutral punter I'd think over 2.5 goals is a decent bet. Only 2 of Rangers 6 games this season have had fewer than 3 goals in them (1-1 Dunfermline, 2-0 Hearts).

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept Lokomotiv Moscow -1 @ 4/5 Great value i feel for the Russian side who are second in the league in good form and they play an inexperienced european team who are languishing in their respective league. I expect Lokomotiv to win by 2 goalsat least Sevilla -1 @ 4/5 A gulf in class between the sides i feel, Sevilla lets not foget won this competition this year and will want to get the dirty work of away goals done here. They are in cracking form and although Fabiano stays at home Kanoute has been in good form and the whole team has been performing well. They have the squad thats able to cover the handicap here. Double: Fenerbahce -1 @ 1.40 Lokomotiv Moscow HT/FT @ 4/7 Fenerbahce great side doing well in the league, Randers distinctly average and the away trip will be too much for them i think. Also expect Lokomotiv to do the biz at home and probably score in the first half against a pretty weak Belgian side.

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventSalzburg - Blackburn
SelectionSalzburg
Strength5/10
Date14/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 2.20 (Back)
ReasoningA very interesting game this is. Salzburg has changed since RedBull took over they have a manegement composed of Giovanni Trappatoni and Lothar Mattheus. On ground Salzburg is very strong on home ground, this is also thanks to the artificial grass where the ball moves mutch faster and a lot of teams find it hard to play there. Salzburg even managed to beat Valencia 1-0 on this ground. Blackurn has never-ever won on the road in European competitions and they will find it very hard today. I think Salzburg can take this.
Surely Blackburn are value at 3.8 on betfair? Blackburn (from): Friedel, Neill, Khizanishvili, Todd, Tugay, Emerton, Savage, Bentley, Nonda, McCarthy, Pedersen, Reid, Mokoena, Jeffers, Gallagher, Ooijer, Brown, Gray, Peter, McEveley.

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept Atvidabergs-Grasshopers This game will go OVER 1.7 is a gift,but one thing is in my mind.Is Grasshopers good to beat Atvidabergs?I don't belive in there up&down form.Home team is in the middle 2th division,this game is open,also some of the first players was rested in last round,they will play with full sqaud. Atvidabergs-Grasshopers 1 5.00 4/10:dude 1-1 10.00 2/10:dude OVER 1.7 8/10:drums

EventDinamo Zagreb -Auxerre
Selectionhome win
Strength10/10
Date14/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceBetdaq @ 2.39 (Back)
ReasoningDinamo from Zagreb have a strong team for this season and i think that wil pass over auxerre and play in group phase of cup uefa. This will be hard game for both teams.Vurginec wich are impportant in team is coming back for Dinamo and Novotny is out. Dinamo will try to win here coz they know that in france their chances are small. I think that 1-0 for dinamo is result wich can be good for both sides
EventMolde-Glasgow Rangers
Selectionaway win
Strength10/10
Date14/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceNordicbet @ 1.91 (Back)
ReasoningOdds on glasgow are too high... there is a huge difference between glasgow rangers and Molde. Molde have problems in domestic norwegian tippeligaen and after 19 rounds they have 6-2-11 and 21-31.At home they have 4-1-4 and 14-11. Rangers cached form in last games and i tihnk that will win here very confortable.Their goalkeeper Lionel Letizi is injured and out and he will be replaced with second goalkeeper Allan McGregor.Lee Martin is coming back in team.This is one of the surest football bets today
EventSlavia Praga-Tottanham
Selectionaway win
Strength10/10
Date14/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.06 (Back)
ReasoningFor me Tottanham is big favourite in this game against Slavia even it is playing in czech republic. Slavia have 3-0-3 in czech league and with this poor performance i think that can not win over tottanham. Tottanham have 1-0-3 and 2-5 in premier league but Tottaham played hard games expecially las one when lost 0-1 at old traford. Midfielders Danny Murphy and Hossam Ghaly are out for tonight game. I expect tight victory for Tottanham here.

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept Feyenoord have four injured defenders - Philippe Leonard, Ron Vlaar, Pieter Collen and Dwight Tiendalli. With that in mind and the fact they haven't got off to a great start in the Eridivisie I think there will be goals in this fixture. Feyenoord will still have the potency but be a bit weak in the defense. Above evens is available for over 2.5

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept Panathinaikos FC will play the opening leg of their UEFA Cup first-round tie against FC Metalurh Zaporizhya on 14 September in Patras as the Olympic Stadium in Athens will be hosting the IAAF World Cup in Athletics that week.

Feyenoord have four injured defenders - Philippe Leonard, Ron Vlaar, Pieter Collen and Dwight Tiendalli. With that in mind and the fact they haven't got off to a great start in the Eridivisie I think there will be goals in this fixture. Feyenoord will still have the potency but be a bit weak in the defense. Above evens is available for over 2.5
As I already wrote, Loko Sofia misses two key defenders. On the other hand, Loko is not going to attack too eagerly, they will run around and wait for their moment. If Feyenoord do the same, this match could finish under 2.5.

Feyenoord have four injured defenders - Philippe Leonard, Ron Vlaar, Pieter Collen and Dwight Tiendalli. With that in mind and the fact they haven't got off to a great start in the Eridivisie I think there will be goals in this fixture. Feyenoord will still have the potency but be a bit weak in the defense. Above evens is available for over 2.5
but their opponent is still a class below :hope

Can anyone confirm where the Panathinaikos game is being played. Someone mentioned earler that it was in a neutral venue. I am lost as to inding info on it. Metarlurg are a handy team and the 1.29 on Pana available now is very short.
It is confirmed to be played on Neutral Ground.

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept Couldn't believe BLACKBURN had gone to 3.95 @ betdaq :loon:loon:loon Just had my biggest bet of the season on that..... If they fcuk up then Im off to Blackburn to do Carl in :lol:lol Just had a lay of Pana and Marseilles and Frankfurt at great prices too.. PS - CMon the Hammers tonight :ok:ok:ok

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept Frisk ive no real confidence with us tonight. Never won away in europe and even sparky is getting the excuses ready. I'd be very surprised at a result tonight. Best we can hope for is a draw and get them down here and paste them:lol

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 14th Sept Do Blackburn play on an artificial pitch? Have Blackburn ever won away in Europe? Are they as good as Valencia who Salzburg beat 1-0 at home this season.... Salzburg top of their League and undefeated... Backed em at 8/13 without the draw... Never win when I post on here so this is potentially the last time!! Gd Luck all.

Do Blackburn play on an artificial pitch? Have Blackburn ever won away in Europe? Are they as good as Valencia who Salzburg beat 1-0 at home this season.... Salzburg top of their League and undefeated... Backed em at 8/13 without the draw... Never win when I post on here so this is potentially the last time!! Gd Luck all.
8/13? Blackburn are 3.8 and rising on betfair. No they have never won away in europe or play on an artificial pitch but they have a top manager and top players so at this price they are value.