darts, world matchplay

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: darts, world matchplay

1 more outright bet for me: Andy Hamilton @ 66/1 (Ladbrokes) With Taylor being in the same half as Hamilton, this price would be about right usually. But I truely believe that Taylor will not get to the final this year. Hamilton probably won't have to play him. Hamilton doesn't have the easist route through in the world, and will have to work for wherever he gets. But he's definatly capable. 6 1st Round bets: Alex Roy to beat Mark Dudbridge @ 5/4 (Willy Hill) Dudbridge is really struggling for form at the moment. He has had a bit of luck today, as an eye ulcer has saved him from a beating at the hands of me to demoralise him further! ;) :lol He's got problems at the moment, and he needs to sort them asap. Roy has a bit of form, and does have a decent record in this tournament. I can't see him not winnning this one. Andy Hamilton to beat Peter Manley @ Evens (Stan James) The first of Hamilton's tough games, and it will only get tougher after this. Hamilton will be full of confidence at the moment. I haven't checked, but I can't seem to remember Manley having a really decent run in Blackpool. It's the hottest stage in darts, and with the current weather its won't be any cooler than normal. I don't think Manley's size helps him here. Barrie Bates to beat Kevin Painter @ 11/10 (Premierbet) Bates should be favourite. Painter desperatly needs a win on the TV soon, as he's in a slump that will be eating away at his confidence. He won't get one here. Steve Hine to beat Wayne Mardle @ 4/1 (Stan James) Not a certainty, and if Mardle turns up with the right attitude he'll win. But Hine is no mug and if Mardle doesn't turn up right, he'll send him home early. James Wade to beat Denis Ovens @ 6/5 (Premierbet) Ovens doesn't do it far too often on TV, but the last couple of tournaments have been below even his usual. I keep saying it, but Wade is playing very well. Hopefully he'll finally prove it in this one. Dave Askew to beat Mark Walsh @ 5/4 (Skybet) Mark Walsh has not kicked on since being a finalist in the UK Open last year. I'm not sure why, but he's been very disapointing. You never really know with Askew, but I believe he's playing quite well and fancies a run this week. This will be it for me, as I won't be here for any of it. So good luck to everyone with whatever bets they place!! :ok
Great tipping Kev I followed some of your tips and so far 2 out of three have come up I back the following Askew to beat Walsh went down which is a shame. Wade to beat Ovens which came up @ $2.10 Roy to beat Dudbrigde which came up also @ $2.15 I have the following bets outstanding Tournament winner Hamilton @ $34 Preistley @ $51 Bates @ $67 Keep up the good work Kev:clap

Bugger!! Was Taylor just being Taylor' date=' or had Part had a few too many vodka and cokes?[/quote'] Part was utter tripe mate! If he averaged 80 it's a system malfunction. Taylor was around the 95 mark so he certainly wasn't vintage. Part won 2 legs, both against the throw and Taylor missed 3 darts at double in both of them! Askew was bladdered this afternoon but at least he put up a fight!

Re: darts, world matchplay My bets for Wednesday's action. 10pts D.Priestley -2.5 Legs to beat A.Roy Evs Bet365 Priestley averaged around 90 when beating Alan Tabern which was considerably higher than Alex Roy down in the low-mid 80's. Priestley's slow style won't be good for Roy who likes a fast pace and Priestley is a much better player in much better form. I can't see any reason why Roy will win 11 legs unless Priestley has a bad day, even then it will have to be a very bad day. 10pts W.Mardle -4.5 Legs to beat L.Sams 5/6 Bet365 These 2 have already met on TV twice this year and both times Mardle has sent Sams packing without the Lion landing any sort of a blow. Having been struggling recently Mardle showed signs of throwing towards his best form against Steve Hine whereas Terry Jenkins had a shocker against Sams. Again Mardle's much the better player here and if his head is screwed on Sams won't get near 9 legs. 10pts J.Wade to beat K.Painter Evs Betfred James Wade produced the performance of round 1 in his 10-1 thrashing of Denis Ovens. He'll have been confident from beating Barney on Saturday and took that into the Ovens match. Having produced a performance like that he'll be equally as confident taking on a stuttering Kevin Painter. Painter struggled to see off Barrie Bates and I think he'll struggle even more here. Wade's in better form and I take him to wipe out the Artist. 10pts A.Jenkins to beat R.Scholten 2/1 Blue Square Roland Scholten has never been beyond this stage in his career. He looked very good in his opening match hitting 9 180's but I've no doubt he'll be reminded of that record which will play on his mind. Jenkins had a real ding-dong with Warriner to get here but when he lets his action flow he's a class player and if Roland is off colour or his mind is elsewhere the Rocky can take advantage.

Wade looks a solid bet against Painter 2.0 bet 365. He was tipped up in the RP to take Ovens out and obliged in no uncertain manner. Haven't seen the post today' date=' but I wouuld imagine they will be with him again.[/quote'] I assume you mean racing post. They recommended priestley to beat roy!

My bets for Wednesday's action. 10pts D.Priestley -2.5 Legs to beat A.Roy Evs Bet365 Priestley averaged around 90 when beating Alan Tabern which was considerably higher than Alex Roy down in the low-mid 80's. Priestley's slow style won't be good for Roy who likes a fast pace and Priestley is a much better player in much better form. I can't see any reason why Roy will win 11 legs unless Priestley has a bad day, even then it will have to be a very bad day.
cha ching......nice one kev..pristley was dragging out towards the end...these darts players are looking like real pros with their sweatbands LOL

cha ching......nice one kev..pristley was dragging out towards the end...these darts players are looking like real pros with their sweatbands LOL
Cheers matey. A nice start to the day. Hope you were on yourself.

Re: darts, world matchplay That D20 D20 was a classic. I don't know what Painter's problem is, it's a perfectly good shot. I'd have loved Wade to have done it again in the penultimate leg. Painter would have lamped him! +10pts for the afternoon.

That D20 D20 was a classic. I don't know what Painter's problem is, it's a perfectly good shot. I'd have loved Wade to have done it again in the penultimate leg. Painter would have lamped him! +10pts for the afternoon.
Painter takes things personally kev. Thinks he is the centre of the darting universe. I dont know hold hold Hamilton is but I think we are seeing the begining of a few new boys who may take over from Taylor.