darts, world matchplay

i have been perusing the first round draw, looking for any opportunity to give the bookies a bloody nose again, and on the back of my 33/1 successfror the desert classic. there are no markets open on the event yet but when they do have apunt on these. outright, it will be interesting to see what they price Taylor at after him being knocked ou by barney in thier last two meetings, indeed if you count Prem Lge Barney is 3 out of 4, but BEWARE, Barney ain't qualified for this event! In Taylors half, is Part, Mardle, Manley, and Lewis, all formidable opponents, but perhaps Andy Hamilton, or Terry Jenkins are worth a bet on reaching semis, both could meet in quarter finals. In the bottom half, Lloyd, Mason, Sholten, and Baxter are the favs however i would bet on Andy Jenkins to have a good run he avgd over 100 against Taylor in Vegas and if he continues that no one in the bottom half can live with him. As for matches, the value could be Alex Roy to beat Dudbridge, Hamilton to beat Manley, Bates to beat Painter, Wade to beat Ovens,

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: darts, world matchplay i have just perused the odds at Stan James for the matchplay and they are what you would expect. TAYLOR @ 4/7, pity barney aint qualified we might have seen Taylor longer. LLOYD, @ 12/1 , defending champion,and in opposite half from Taylor. LEWIS @ 14/1, due to meet taylor in the semis and his record against him on telly aint good, SHOLTON @ 18/1 , has best quarter, though will have Lloyd and Mason to get past, BAXTER @ 18/1, same half as Sholton, should reach last 8 where they are due to meet. PART @ 20/1 , he is due to meet Taylor, in 2nd round,and also has Mardle, Lewis, Manley in his half, the real value could be in picking the winner of each quarter,

Re: darts, world matchplay the best bets for quarter winners 1st qrtr, TAYLOR 1/5 PART 5/1 PRIESTLEY 18/1 DUDBRIDGE 18/1 2nd qrtr MARDLE 5/2 LEWIS 7/4 MANLEY 9/2 HAMILTON 9/2 T.JENKINS 8/1 3rd qrtr LLOYD 5/4 MASON 10/3 PAINTER 7/1 OVENS 9/1 WADE, & BATES 11/1 4th qrtr SHOLTEN 15/8 BAXTER 15/8 A JENKINS 9/2 WARRINER/ LITTLE 14/1 in 1st qrtr, Taylors qrtr, Taylor 1/5, value bet Part at 5s, or priestleyat 18s 2nd qrtr, the most open qrtr, Hamliton or Jenkins night be worth a punt. 3rd qrtr, if Mason gets past Lloyd in round two the 10/3 is an excellent price. 4th qrtr, Sholton has to be fav, however i fancy Jenkins played fantastic against Taylor in Vegas and semi finalist here before get him on.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: darts, world matchplay

Damn it! I thought you had said 6/4, but I couldn't find it anywhere and presumed it had gone! 5/4 is still nice though, I'd take 5/6 if that was all I could get. Ta David!
Sorry mate, I should have mentioned it was with Boyles. I keep forgetting they're not on the odds-comparisons sites :( I'll post my thoughts on this later on tonight. Any ideas how Jenkins went in the Bobby Bourn today?

The results for today are up on planetdarts.tv. I wouldn't take too much notice of the 1st Round games that were 3-0' date=' as it says I lost 3-0 even though I wasn't there. I can't for the life of me see Terry Jenkins losing 3-0 to Gary Spedding, so I'll look into it and see if he wasn't there too.[/quote'] Just seen that myself Gaz and wondered the same thing. Out of interest, I assume these are 5 leg matches not 5 sets matches?

5 set' date=' each set best of 3 legs.[/quote'] Even more unlikely Tucker Jenkins has lost 3-0 then surely? Wade beating Barney should get his confidence up a bit, with that quarter wide open and the opposite half to Taylor could he do some damage? Thinking more backing with view to lay if Taylor bites the dust early doors.

Re: darts, world matchplay Ok I'll ride with 4 outrights. I'll back them ew and for their quarter. 2pts ew D.Priestley to win World Matchplay 80/1 Ladbrokes 1pt D.Priestley to win Top Quarter 18/1 Stan James Priestley has been showing great form all year and is up for winning this event. Uncle Bazza has added an extra spot to the Premier League for next year and Priestley's bang in the running for it if he can pick up enough ranking points to get in the World's top 6. 12 months ago he almost beat Taylor in an epic here, and although he'd have to meet him in the quarters if Taylor got that far, the Menace is still a good price. 2pts ew T.Jenkins to win World Matchplay 80/1 Stan James 1pt T.Jenkins to win 2nd Quarter 8/1 Stan James Terry Jenkins looked good in the early rounds in Las Vegas before he ran into eventual champion John Part. You know with Jenkins he's always going to pepper away at the 60 and when it comes down to finishing, very few match him and in an open 2nd quarter if he can get on a roll he could get out of his quarter at the very worst. I believe the legs only format suits his game and I'll take Tucker to have a good run here. 2pts ew J.Wade to win World Matchplay 125/1 Coral 1pt J.Wade to win 3rd Quarter 11/1 Stan James James Wade is very much a confidence player and having beaten Barney at the venue in the warm-up event he'll be full of confidence. A dangerous player at the best of times if he can get on a run he'll be hard to track down and in a wide open quarter where Lloyd is a weak top seed the youngster can continue to flourish on the big stage. 2pts ew R.Baxter to win World Matchplay 22/1 Sporting Odds 1pt R.Baxter to win 4th Quarter 2/1 Premier Bet Twice runner up in this event, the Rocket knows what it takes to go well in Blackpool. Dealt in a quarter with only Scholten, who amazingly is yet to make even a Quarter final in Blackpool, as the other seed if Ronnie can get into form from the off he'll take some stopping once again. I think legs only suits his game too and in a weak looking quarter I'll take him to go well. 1 match bet for Sunday too. 10pts A.Roy to beat M.Dudbridge 6/4 Boylesports Since finishing as Runner-Up to Taylor in Purfleet 18 months ago Flash has gone on an awful run. Barely winning on TV in that time. Alex Roy was a flashy sod with all the talent but no temperament but he's found his temperament now and enjoys these big events. How Dudbridge is such a heavy favourite is baffling but I'll be on the Ace of Herts at a tasty price.

Re: darts, world matchplay 1 more bet for tonight. 10pts Preistley vs Tabern Over 16.5 Legs 5/6 Bet365 Both of these guys are good, tough players and I don't expect either to get too far ahead of the other. 10-7 either way brings this bet in and I'd say there's more than a fair chance this will go that far.

Re: darts, world matchplay Looking for a bit of value and if Taylor isn't on top form then Lewis can reach the final and take the trophy. If he does meet talyor in the semi's then he can still cause an upset but will back him to come through his quarter 3 points each way Lewis at 16/1 with Stan James 10 points Lewis to win 2nd quarter at 2.75 with Stan James Furthermore Barrie Bates i feel can cause a few suprises. Worth a small each way punt at 80/1 as up and coming player. Will also back him to win his quarter at a juicy 11/1 2 points each way Bates at 66/1 with Stan James 3 points Bates to win 3rd quarter at 11/1 Stan James

Monday 24 July 2006
Player 1Player 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
Jenkins v Sams (13:05 BST)1.205.70101%
Clark v Lewis (14:00 BST)12.501.08101%
Hamilton v Manley (15:00 BST)2.021.98101%
Beaton v Mason (16:00 BST)4.001.30102%
Bates v Painter (19:05 BST)2.131.88101%
Lloyd v Maish (20:00 BST)1.255.10100%
Anderson v Taylor (21:00 BST)34.001.03100%
Hine v Mardle (22:00 BST)5.401.22101%
Plenty of betting opportunities today :loon 10pts T.Jenkins (-4) to beat L.Sams 5/4 Stan James In his only TV appearance of the year Lionel Sams lost 8-3 to Ronnie Baxter. Jenkins has looked good this year and being the all-round solid player he is I expect him to see off Sams without too much trouble. 10pts A.Lewis (-5.5) to beat M.Clark Evs Bet365 Adrian Lewis has far too much scoring power for Matt Clark and the only way I can see Clark getting 4 legs is if Lewis misses doubles. I can't see him missing all that many though as he and Taylor like to put markers down early in tournaments. 10pts A.Hamilton to beat P.Manley Evs Stan James Since he bought his local the results Andy Hamilton has been getting have been excellent. He beat Barney in qualifying to get here and I think he can be rewarded with a win over Peter Manley. Manley is playing well these days but Hamilton is regularly averaging in the 100's. Manley will no doubt try some mind games but Hamilton is focused enough to ignore them and I take the Hammer to beat 1 dart. 10pts B.Bates to beat K.Painter 2.10 Betfair There's been no bigger improver on the circuit this year than Barrie Bates. He was runner-up in the UK Open recently and has won a couple of ranking events and is in excellent confidence currently. Painter hasn't won on TV for a while now and his confidence will begin to erode the longer that run goes on. Painter got thrashed by Lewis here last year and I think he'll be a 1st round casualty again this year. 10pts Lloyd vs Maish Over 5 180's Evs Stan James Neither of these 2 are strangers to the lipstick. I don't think Lloyd will run away with it so the potential for a few 180's is definitely there. Even if Lloyd does run away with it that may mean he's hitting a few maximums and I like the overs here. 10pts S.Hine (+3.5) to beat W.Mardle 5/6 Bet365 Steve Hine is a solid enough player and with Mardle struggling on the TV recently I think he could well take 7 legs off Mardle if not beat him. If he stays close to Mardle the pressure will increase on Wayne and the Muffin Man can step in and take advantage. 1 special bet for the afternoon. 4pts T.Jenkins to hit highest checkout of afternoon session 11/2 Stan James In Vegas Jenkins was hitting big checkouts like they were going out of fashion. He's an incredibly good finisher and I think hes a spot of value to have the highest one here. Manley and Mason would be the obvious dangers but they'll be under more pressure in their matches than Jenkins and I'll have a pop at Jenkins bringing this home.

Re: darts, world matchplay Aye, quite right mate. Was no need for it. Luckily my bet on him had already lost else I'd have been :wall :wall :wall :wall Awful start to day 2. Need a good run for the rest of the day to come away alive :sad