** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Punters Lounge World Tour of Poker

slick mick

Re: Punters Lounge World Tour of Poker

Erm... does anyone know how to get a greencard (if that is needed) and a workpermit in England??? Housing... is that difficult??? BECAUSE I MIGHT AS WELL MOVE there... :loon :loon :loon :loon :loon Well... south of England sounds good... I can't NOT go... Jeeeeeeez :wall Will have to win a loooot to cover all my travelexpences this year!!! :nana
You dont need it, Pene (green card / work permit) , as Denmark is in the EU, so all EU Nationals are free to work across borders (in theory, anyway, the language barrier is an obtacle for a lot of Brits..) However, your English is sound enough to work here, I would have thought :ok A lot of Poles have come over to the UK, and a friend of mine from Slovakia came here as soon as Slovakia entered the EU, and has held down a job ever since he has been here, and passed English at night school...Milan has done tremendously well, he has certainly got more balls than me to do what he did ! BUT, do you really wanna leave the lovely country that is Denmark ? OK, I only paid a whistle stop tour to Kobenhavn, having spent most of my time in Haderslev, visiting friends, who come to think of it, both now live and work in England (One married to her English husband in Sheffield, and one living with her boyfriend in Peterborough...), but I thought DK was a great place, as is Sweden...

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUT, do you really wanna leave the lovely country that is Denmark ? OK, I only paid a whistle stop tour to Kobenhavn, having spent most of my time in Haderslev, visiting friends, who come to think of it, both now live and work in England (One married to her English husband in Sheffield, and one living with her boyfriend in Peterborough...), but I thought DK was a great place, as is Sweden...
No, not really... I love living in Denmark... :) It just seems that I am spending most of the spring and the summer in England... hehe... I was joking Jeff... but hey... who knows... :loon I might find an English husband as Rosie says... but I hope that won't be bacause of any physical attributes, but because of my absolute charm and my scandinavian pokerskills :tongue2

Re: Punters Lounge World Tour of Poker I quite fancy this Newcastle night and i could drive down as its only a couple of hours from Glasgow. Stay over in a nice hotel so i can :beer then back up the road next day. Would have to sort out a babysitter but put me down as a maybe for the moment. Also if i can make it anyone nearby me wants to travel down with me let me know.

Re: Punters Lounge World Tour of Poker thinking about it maybe slightly later would be better ,what with holidays and the world series being on :hope . like i said only a work in progress, maybe a bit later would be better (august sept maybe). if you keep playing in all these tourneys and travelling the world on your winnings pene, you will have to change your job title to poker pro for the green card:)

thinking about it maybe slightly later would be better ,what with holidays and the world series being on :hope . like i said only a work in progress, maybe a bit later would be better (august sept maybe). if you keep playing in all these tourneys and travelling the world on your winnings pene, you will have to change your job title to poker pro for the green card:)
But in August the Punters Lounge World Tour is in Copenhagen....

Re: Punters Lounge World Tour of Poker The tournament will start at 8pm on Saturday 20th May. This will be a deep stack tourney so should reward skillful play. The buy in is £30 + £3 with a starting stack of 5000 with blinds starting at 25-50 and rising every 20 minutes. There will be a sit and go permanently available once 10 players have been eliminated. After the first 90 minutes there will be a complimentary buffet. The bar is open till 4am and free breakfasts are served from midnight. EDIT the buy in may change as some think it too high opinions please There is a hotel directly across the road that is the cheapest in Newcastle with all rooms £63 call 0870 238 3318 to book. If you are unsure you can book by phone and cancel up to the day before. I recommend booking at least 4 weeks in advance as all hotels are fully booked every weekend because Newcastle is party central. Julian from GoalPoker will be providing some extra bonus prizes to appease all the angry Punters Lounge members and may be taking part in the tournament. I would really appreciate as many definite confirmations as possible so I can finalise arrangements. Please confirm on http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26915

The tournament will start at 8pm on Saturday 20th May. This will be a deep stack tourney so should reward skillful play. The buy in is £30 + £3 with a starting stack of 5000 with blinds starting at 25-50 and rising every 20 minutes. There will be a sit and go permanently available once 10 players have been eliminated. After the first 90 minutes there will be a complimentary buffet. The bar is open till 4am and free breakfasts are served from midnight. There is a hotel directly across the road that is the cheapest in Newcastle with all rooms £63 call 0870 238 3318 to book. If you are unsure you can book by phone and cancel up to the day before. I recommend booking at least 4 weeks in advance as all hotels are fully booked every weekend because Newcastle is party central. Julian from GoalPoker will be providing some extra bonus prizes to appease all the angry Punters Lounge members and may be taking part in the tournament. I would really appreciate as many definite confirmations as possible so I can finalise arrangements.
Hi you. Maybe £30 may be a bit too much for some people... ?? In Brum buy in was 10... Not all PL's play high stake... And as for confirmations... set up a seperate thread for that :ok

Hi you. Maybe £30 may be a bit too much for some people... ?? In Brum buy in was 10... Not all PL's play high stake... And as for confirmations... set up a seperate thread for that :ok
If there are enough request I will change the buy in but I thought that if people are making the effort they'd like to see a good prize fund maybe ebough to pay for the trip. I'm setting up another thread now.

If there are enough request I will change the buy in but I thought that if people are making the effort they'd like to see a good prize fund maybe ebough to pay for the trip. I'm setting up another thread now.
Yeah, I see your point and I dont mind the £30 but I think it'll might keep some from going...

copenhagen in august uber....off to penes we go!!! bournemouth september lol october is free i beleive!
Not gonna hijack this thread but if anyone has any dates in Sept NOT good, can you PM me please. Do NOT PM with good dates just BAD! please BTW, this is the Hotel thats being negotiated with http://www.metro-hotels.co.uk/en/1/metrohotelbm.html It has a GALA underneath or there is a Stanleys(Small) nearby :ok