Yet another newbie

Tax_Monkey

Hi all, Got told about this place while I was playing on the Goalpoker site and ran into a few people who pointed me here. Had a bit of trouble registering (can't type my own name let alone a password) but here I am. Me? I'm fairly new to poker been playing about 4 months,all online freerolls or STTs using money won at freerolls mostly at betfred and PP. I was impressed by the way some of the members here played and the obvious friendship between them. So any way hello again and well done to Colufc. :beer:gimme I like beer me :notworthy

Guest gazza271

Re: Yet another newbie :welcome to HELL mate, Only kidding altho now you are here you will find it soooooo hard to leave. Lots of very good players on here with very good advice. Reason for edit; stella typing fingers activated

Re: Yet another newbie

oh god hes a mackem too
Had a great year at Sunderland Poly (as it was then) in 91 ........ don't spose you can still get a pint in the Ku Club for 20p can you? :p ah ..... Mondays Chambers Tuesdays Ku Club Wednesday Chambers again Thursday Blue Monkey Friday Rascals (?? is that it's name??) Saturdays - where did we go Saturdays? Can't remember...... Those were the days ;) Are they all still there?

Re: Yet another newbie

Had a great year at Sunderland Poly (as it was then) in 91 ........ don't spose you can still get a pint in the Ku Club for 20p can you? :p ah ..... Mondays Chambers Tuesdays Ku Club Wednesday Chambers again Thursday Blue Monkey Friday Rascals (?? is that it's name??) Saturdays - where did we go Saturdays? Can't remember...... Those were the days ;) Are they all still there?
Chambers is gone (you'll have to tell me where it was and I'll tell you what it is now) Ku Club still there still the biggest dive in Sunderland, pints are still cheap ( and surprisingly well kept but sure as hell not 20p anymore) Blue Monkey is now The New Monkey, a rave club for 12 years olds on E who like to stab each other with swiss army knives (junior version obviously) Rascals not sure , think that might be Flares now, where was it? The council are trying to encourage a cafe bar culture ( in a city that has an average temperature only slightly above the north pole! Don't ya just luv politicians). I should explain although I was born in Sunderland and live here now I did spend 17 years traveling the world.So the period you're talking about I was actually in Siberia.

Re: Yet another newbie Tell you where Chambers was? It was 15 years ago :loon I lived on Chester Road and I think it was that side of town - but beyond that I can't remember - there was a bar downstairs and the club upstairs (but that could be a lot of places!!!) Rascals - I couldn't tell you where that was 15 years ago - let alone now :p It was a long way on the other side of town and out of city centre - but I was allways so hammered by the time I got there I never managed to work out where it was (or my way home!!!)....... Blue Monkey was always the classic - New Monkey just doesn't sound the same ;)

Re: Yet another newbie :welcome Tax_Monkey. No collecting stats on the amount of money and prizes won by PLrs though and then submitting a proposal to tax us :spank :rollin . The (now defunct) dollar up game on SO was a licence for PLr's to print money :) . Just remember we spend the winnings on booze (and some on fags) so all winnings DO contribute to the economy. :beer :gimme :dude :cheers