Thursday Festival bets

Re: Thursday Festival bets

SportHorse Racing
EventWorld Hurdle
SelectionBaracouda (Each-Way)
Strength5/10
Date16/03/2006
Bookmaker/PriceSportingOdds @ 5.50 (Back)
ReasoningThis looks an each way bet to nothing to me. Whilst like Moscow Flyer, he is getting on a bit now, he hasnt shown any proper signs of a rapid decline. His run behind Inglis Drever was perfectly respectable as it was his seasonal debut and more than likely lacking a bit of fitness. I've looked at the race and it doesnt look all that to me. The only alternative thats tempted me is Patriarch Express and he's hardly a solid selection with his injury problems. Baracouda has nothing to prove and HAS to be in the frame for this.

SportHorse Racing
Event200 Cheltenham
SelectionIdole First (Each-Way)
Strength3/10
Date16/03/2006
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 19.00 (Back)
ReasoningLooked impressive when winning the Coral Cup here last year, he seemed to relish the famous Cheltenham hill. Same distance today except over the Chase course. He has a nice weight and although he hasnt looked top drawer over fences, he has looked good and has been the subject of favourable reports from the stable too. His previous form over fences has been at shorter trips and i think the step up tomorrow will help him.

SportHorse Racing
EventWorld Hurdle
SelectionPatriarch Express (Each-Way)
Strength3/10
Date16/03/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 15.00 (Back)
ReasoningIf Baracouda proves to be vulnerable, i think this could be the one to take advantage. A high class hurdler and winner of the Cleeve Hurdle 2 years ago, he is a course and distance winner who has come back well from injury with 2 creditable performances this year.

SportHorse Racing
Event235 Cheltenham
SelectionOur Vic (Each-Way)
Strength10/10
Date16/03/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 4.50 (Back)
ReasoningOur Vic over his optimum trip is a fearsome prospect. He had a wobbly spell after his appearance here last year and you are gambling on him being over that dodgy spell. The signs were good enough for me last time. They were considering the Gold Cup for this horse which shows the high regard in which they hold it. The same could be said about IMPEK, who also had a GC entry until recently. I would give Our Vic the slight edge over Impek, as the latter will prbably have the unenviable task of leading start to finish if recent tactics are anything to go by.

Re: Thursday Festival bets Off the top of my head without looking into it just yet lets see what weve got: 2.00Turpin Green(you remember that 1 AK from Sandown;) refused at the last and just got beat by Napoliton(jeffers pick) 3.15 Fire Dragon 16/1 winner at Sandown,Ambobo-got this in my list-I need to look into it more. Atterney Genral also Is 1 to have a look at. last race -Standing obligation is another on my list given to me.comes here fresh and on better terms to Oodachee and olaso. back later..................

Re: Thursday Festival bets Just one for me today, in the first James Fanshaw and AP team up with an improving type in Reveillez. Got beat by Billyvodden at Leicester and the did cartwheels against weak opposition last time to get some confidence. Rated 124 over hurdles, got bags of potential so could be well in here. Backing it EW so if its in the first 4 i'll get my money back. Will like the ground and jumps well against some iffy opponents.

SportHorse Racing
Event3.15 Cheltenham
SelectionAmbobo-to place
Strength10/10
Date16/03/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.90 (Back)
ReasoningStats include Horses that have won at Cheltenham before. Ambobo won here infact his only win in the UK here at 2mile4. If he stays the 3 mile he will be in the shake up near the finish.

Re: Thursday Festival bets 2.00 Turpin Green 5pts ew @ 7/1 sporting odds 2.00 Demi Beau 5pts ew @ 12/1 sporting odds 2.35 My Will 5pts ew @ 20/1 Skybet 2.35 Impek 10pts win @ 10/3 Sporting odds 3.15 Mighty Man 10pts win @ 9/2 sporting odds 4.00 Windsor Boy 5pts ew @ 16/1 Corals 4.00 Tamango 5pts ew @ 33/1 Sporting odds 4.40 Dolmur 5pts ew @ 33/1 Skybet 4.40 Blue Business 5pts ew @ 15/2 Sporting odds 5.20 Olaso 10pts win @ 13/2 Corals 5.20 Campaign Trail 5pts ew @ 25/1 sporting odds

Re: Thursday Festival bets I backed My Will at Wetherby and it let me down. It was poor that day but maybe not today. I think the value is with Hi Cloy and trainer said the quicker the pace the better. Backed in from 10's to 8's. Some shrewd Irish punters I think.

Re: Thursday Festival bets struggling today although thats only 50% of the day gone !! the World Hurdle was a cracking race. Thought Mighty Man was going to stay up the hill better but the 2 in front pulled out more & i think the winner deserved it! At least i had it on the stats