** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Next England manager

Re: Next England manager I would like big Sam in but just not yet and I think his international level of managerial skills need fine tuning.He has only managed decent players at the end of there careers not brought them up and moulded them into superstars.Dont get wrong I think very highly of big sam but I dont the time is right just yet. trevor brooking-dont make laugh- he cant/didnt manage West ham I dont think hes the one to take us above where we are today. We need a manager that can offer us an upgrade to what we have got now.not just a subsitute manager. Hiddick

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Next England manager as an after thought we are taking about possibly THE best Job in international football so we need to get rid of sven now and use the incentive to win the world cup as a lever to get a big name in now. Job position available-Would in heret world cup winning squad just jump on the bandwagon apply within................. If sven went now everyone who is a half decent manager would love to take us to the world cup knowing that its the best time for him as a manager to win the best trophy in the world. also how many times have we seen a new manager take over a prem club and they win the first match in charge. get hiddick NOW and get the world cup.

Re: Next England manager we could pick the WC winning squad mate. we dont need a change of style All the ground work has been done now is the perfect time to get some one in who is capable . All the players fit and willing then its a peice of piss for a top manager

Re: Next England manager only in the media it is Andy, to anyone who has no skeletons in the closet then 'with the medias and fans backing' then this is the best job in international football. name me 1 team that has the backing and is better than us. Please dont say Brasil cus in 4 years time there wont be a Brazillian team that is good enough for a piss pot league never mind a world cup.

Re: Next England manager

Alan Shearer has emerged as a shock market mover in the latest betting on the next England manager. The former England legend has been cut from 100/1 into 40/1 by William Hill to make a dramatic first step into management. "Perhaps punters are pinning their hopes on a new young manager being teamed up with an older head to run the national side," said Hill's spokesman Graham Sharpe. "There is no other logical reason to back Shearer to get the job."
http://www.bettingzone.co.uk/market_moves/main_content.auto?/opt/ASFapache/htdocs/zone/market_moves/data.insdat

Guus Hiddink is the best manager for me. What he's achieved with PSV and South Korea is fantastic, a nice guy who gets the job done and comes with no baggage
I completely agree, I dont mind a foriegn manager, just not a one who just seems to lie and shag his way through a 4 million a year contract. Hiddink imo is one of the best managers in the world. Still cant understand why Real Madrid or Man Utd havnt gone for him with the problems they have.
Please dont say Brasil cus in 4 years time there wont be a Brazillian team that is good enough for a piss pot league never mind a world cup.
Will still be a team with Dida, Lucio, Cincinho, Emerson, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Kaka, Ronaldo and whichever young guys pour through in the next 4 years. Not a bad team :unsure

Re: Next England manager Agree with you there, he does have enormous bollocks though. Jeffers has a very valid point, its only when you look back now you realise what an excellent job Glenn Hoddle did, disgusting that he was forced out off a job for his religious beliefs to be honest. I know he made degrading comments about the disabled but lets face it, wasnt gonna affect the squad was it as he wasnt gonna pick any of em. :unsure

I know he made degrading comments about the disabled but lets face it, wasnt gonna affect the squad was it as he wasnt gonna pick any of em. :unsure
He should have picked a team full, after all they're all winners.
Jeffers has a very valid point, its only when you look back now you realise what an excellent job Glenn Hoddle did, disgusting that he was forced out off a job for his religious beliefs to be honest.
Aaaaah hindsite is a wonderful thing. If we were still on Ezboard I'd dig up my thread advocating the return of Hoddle after Keegan bailed, it's great being agreed with 4 years down the line. Just call me a visionary:dude

as an after thought we are taking about possibly THE best Job in international football
Would disagree with that immediately - Brazil. And several others would certainly be on par if not better
Glenn Hoddle I know he made degrading comments about the disabled but lets face it, wasnt gonna affect the squad was it as he wasnt gonna pick any of em. :unsure
you phrased that so elegantly

Quote:
Please dont say Brasil cus in 4 years time there wont be a Brazillian team that is good enough for a piss pot league never mind a world cup.
Will still be a team with Dida, Lucio, Cincinho, Emerson, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Kaka, Ronaldo and whichever young guys pour through in the next 4 years. Not a bad team :unsure
not a bad team at all mate, maybe my time scale was wrong. But brazil as a football Team will be in decline over the next few years or so. I was talking about this the other night in the pub after watching something eurosport about Kids in latin America.
Latin American football is in chaos, with financial and administrative problems that make the Europeans' troubles seem trifling. “All the main teams are on the verge of bankruptcy,” he says, “and the stands are empty.” It is a similar story in Brazil, where crowds at football matches have fallen by 40% in the past 15 years. Most of the leading players in the Brazilian side, and all bar two of Argentina's starting line-up, now play in Europe. That is an important clue to one of the main causes of Latin America's football woes. The market for players has become global, and European clubs pay the highest wages. As they compete for the best players, Latin clubs have found their wage bills inflated beyond all reason. Before the recent devaluation of the peso, leading players in Argentina were being paid over $1m a year, yet a ticket to a big game cost around $10. But many players in Argentina and Brazil are simply not being paid. Romario, perhaps Brazil's most popular player at the moment, was recently reported to be owed $4m in back pay by his team.
More here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl as an after thought we are taking about possibly THE best Job in international football
Would disagree with that immediately - Brazil. And several others would certainly be on par if not better
The England Job is THE biggest managerial Job in the world. The FA have shit loads amount of money for the England set up its untrue. Ok we might not have had the best winning sides and just missed out on the WC2000 and Euro 04 but the England is best job (given to the right man) financil wise and also supporting wise.

Re: Next England manager The finances will attract many people and is likely to be one of the best offers in the game (especially for money/games ratio) so I agree fully on this point but support wise? Iran can get 120,000 for a home game, the Dutch supporters all wear orange (which can make a cracking view, I bet, if you are a Dutch player on the pitch seeing a sea of your country's colour in the crowd) and Brazilian women get their tits out for the lads. If Englands support was that good, then the treatment dished out by the scum media would not be tolerated. I would agree that England has a decent following, but would stop short of being the best. To say the next manager, if from abroad, would be looking at the pound signs more than the players in front of him would be something that would be examined by the press at some stage. The problem with big money is tht it does not guarantee you the best man for the job. With the right man, and the development of players in specific areas (ie left wing and defensive midfield), England should have serious claims on the 2008 tournement. The potential is certainly there.

Iran can get 120,000 for a home game, the Dutch supporters all wear orange (which can make a cracking view, I bet, if you are a Dutch player on the pitch seeing a sea of your country's colour in the crowd) and Brazilian women get their tits out for the lads. If Englands support was that good
which I think it is England supporters are more passionate about there national team more than any other supporter of there own team in the world. you just need to drive through any town in England and see the flags out side of people houses and also the true fans that follow England to the 4 corners of the globe.

Re: Next England manager That's not entirely, true, Carl. I would say British CLUB fans are probably the best and most loyal, but the NT? Not quite sure. Argentines and Brazilians are just as passionate, if not more so. Sure, they don't get as many of their supporters to WCs as we do, but airfares are charged at western prices, which would be out of the reach of the ordinary working man in Buenos Aires or Sao Paulo because of the lower wages. They're a hell of a lot more affordable for us. But those guys are as passionate as anyone, make no mistake about that. If you've ever seen their fans celebrating in the streets after a WC victory, you'd know what I mean. Even the big club matches (River Plate - Boca Juniors) provide an atmosphere that I haven't seen at a top flight English game for a long, long time. Have to give the Germans and Dutch a shout too.

Re: Next England manager I understand what your saying but given: 1,One of the most loyal/passionate set of fans in the world 2,The FA with shite loads of money 3,Some of best players in the world plus other factors makes the England Job IMO the Best International Job in the World.

• 2 weeks later...

Not seen prices for Flintoff & Gazza yet' date=' but I'm waiting. :ok[/quote'] keep up with current affairs mate - gazza's off to merthyr... :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin sorry, still cant get over this one :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

and now the latest rumour........ Peter Taylor is in the frame. :rollin
Aye Peter Taylor has been backed from 33/1 to 100/30 second favourite with William Hill to become the next manager of England. "The gamble started on Tuesday morning when a London punter came in for an £800 bet for Taylor, who at that stage was 33/1," explained William Hill spokesman Graham Sharpe. "Since then we have taken bets for him at all rates down from 25/1 to 20/1 to 16/1 to 12/1, 7/1 then 4/1 and now 100/30 and have been knokced over in the rush. "He has of course managed England before and still looks after the youngsters, so he has one foot in the camp already. But as a club manager he has been hugely successful in the lower divisions but found wanting at the highest level. "Still, you can't afford to take chances when a gamble develops on this job as previous bitter experience has shown us," added Sharpe. Martin O'Neill, the subject of a £2000 bet, is 5/4 favourite with Hills to get the job, for which Taylor is 100/30 second favourite ahead of Sam Allardyce at 7/2, Alan Curbishley at 4/1, Guus Hiddink at 9/2, Stuart Pearce at 13/2 and Steve McClaren at 16/1. Too much money on these markets and not enough sense to go 'round. :spank I haven't had a dabble in these crazy 'next manager' markets since a disastrous mini-gamble back in 2000.

Re: Next England manager Just had a look at this market and the prices on 2 stood out for me. Firstly, i think and hope that O'Neill will get it. Unfortunately im not willing to play at the prices available. So alternatives........... Steve McLaren has spent the last few years being groomed as Svens successor. So whats changed exactly to make him an outsider here? A recent terrible run of form, coinciding with a horrendous injury list. With players returning, M'boro have shown what they can do in the last week, a good victory over Chelsea and a crucial away win in Europe. I now reckon McLaren is right back in the frame for this. Has Euro experience, with Mboro and Man Utd (wasnt he Fergies assistant when they won the CL?) He has International Experience and experience of managing big name players. A great shout at a double figure price with a lack of obvious candidates about. If it wasnt for M'boro's disappointing season so far, i think he would be half the price he currently is. Trading at around 20/1 at the moment on betfair. Secondly, a much more speculative bet in Alan Shearer. Ive taken 300/1 on this but there is still 3-figure prices available. Holland, Germany and now Republic of Ireland have all appointed former players with no managerial experience (Klinsmann, Van Basten, Staunton), the former 2 have performed well so far. Shearer is known to want to move into management and with an older head working alongside him (a la Sir Bobby with Staunton) i think he's a reasonable shout at the prices available, especially with a lack of candidates. Now shoot me down in flames!!