Times Newspaper Predictor.

merlin

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. That's strange Kanga. I'm assuming i'm checking the right figs - I'm launching the predictor and checking the weekly predictions [not the game simulations]. I've just checked again and come up with the same figs as before:unsure

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Yep, Weekly predictions and home % figures - I've deleted my cookies and internet files, rebooted and even tried accessing the site from the times home page rather than direct from my favourites but I still get the same figures - I have noticed this before - I wonder if it's regional ????? Can anybody else check and confirm any changes please - as it's concerning :ok

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. .... already checked Andy, and I confirm the same figures as you gave above.I do know that they usually change on a daily basis, but have not encountered the differences Swagman suggests.I note lots of matches posponed today,that will reek havoc with a few punters today.:unsure

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Perplexing. I've rechecked and also run simulations , as I've noted that as a general rule these concur with predictions and I get the same results [apart from P.Vale still been 48 but this is because the sims round to the nearest whole #]. Like Kanga suggests , it would be really helpful for a few people to help out by checking to see whether the anomaly lies with me alone, I'm lost as to a reason as I can't see there been any regional issues.

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Thanks for all the inputs :-

Just to confirm these are the selections for today originally 7 now down to 5 because of the 2 postponements :-

Date

Premiership

TP

BG

MW

Odds

04/03/06

48.2%

55%

2-0

1.72:hope

04/03/06

79.7%

61%

1-0

1.50:hope

Date

Championship

TP

BG

MW

Odds

04/03/06

52.8%

72%

2-0

1.66:hope

04/03/06

61.0%

56%

2-0

2.00:hope

04/03/06

66.6%

70%

3-1

1.57:hope

The 2 Postponements are :-

Date

Postponed

TP

BG

MW

Odds

04/03/06

49.3%

56%

3-2

P-P

04/03/06

55.8%

59%

2-1

P-P

I'm looking for some good things from these 5, and 4 wins would do nicely :ok

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Yep LL a great system for picking home wins & draws but the odds were very short this week (or long depending how you look at it)

Selections

TP

BG

MW

Results

48.2%

55%

2-0

1-0:clap

79.7%

61%

1-0

0-0:unsure

52.8%

72%

2-0

1-0:clap

61.0%

56%

2-0

1-1:unsure

66.6%

70%

3-1

2-2:unsure

Will update the progress after Man City tomorrow :ok

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Well another winner - so 3 wins & 3 draws from a difficult weekend.

Date

Premiership

TP

BG

MW

Odds

05/03/06

73.9%

70%

3-0

2-1:clap

05/03/06

45.2%

47%

1-1

3-2

Home Win only

ARB 1x

Lay the Away

64% Strike Rate

93% Strike Rate

93% Strike Rate

5.83% Yield

4.59% yield

12.88% Yield

4.43 Points Profit

3.49 Points

9.77 Points (after commission)

15 consectutive matches without losing for the arb 1x and lay methods - currently 71 selections with only 5 losses (including a Chelsea AWAY match that I shouldn't have selected) The arb 1x is low because it includes odds below 1.40 in which case even a win or draw equals a loss. :ok

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. 3 matches for tonight but no system selections - thought I'd post the tables for those who maybe running their own systems off them

Date

Championship

TP

BG

MW

Odds

07/03/06

Wolves v Stoke

43.4%

64%

1-0

Date

League 1

TP

BG

MW

Odds

07/03/06

Yeovil v Brentford

46.2%

27%

1-2

Date

League 2

TP

BG

MW

Odds

07/03/06

Bury v

Stockport

46.7%

32%

0-1

:ok

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Well it turns there were more matches played that night than TP had listed :spank I'm now working on the weekends tables but as yet it doesnt look like there are any selections for Friday. Bring on the weekend :loon

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Well no selections for tonight although league leaders Southernd come mighty close.

Date

League 1

TP

BG

MW

Odds

10/03/06

Hartlepool v Huddersfield

42.5%

33%

0-1

10/03/06

M K Dons v Bristol City

38.1%

48%

2-1

10/03/06

Southend v Scunthorpe

47.7%

48%

2-1

Date

League 2

TP

BG

MW

Odds

10/03/06

Northampton v Carlisle

39.6%

35%

1-0

I'll post later with the weekends selections :ok

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Some interesting stuff here guys ..... but I'm going to give it the kiss-of-death, because every system I've tried has always started very badly on day one, and continued for a week or more, with some heavy losses:cry Can you just summarise the system. I've read the thread (phew!!) and I think I know the rules. Using the Times Predictor you identify all home games with a %'age equal to or greater than 48%; all away games with a %'age equal to or greater than 48%, and then you've 'Dutched' the Home & Away Odds ..... yes??? Anyone have any idea if it's possible to copy the data from the Times Predictor into EXCEL (I have EXCEL XP Professional) ..... without hand typing?;)

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Hi Thunderfoot :welcome to the thread. You've almost got it these are all home win selections with TP >=48% BG >= 48% and an MW indicated home win. The straight home win method is still proving profitable or you can double chance the 1x or "Lay the Away" "Lay the away" is proving a far more profitable return with a 93% strike rate over the last 75 selections. You can't cut and paste the data from TP - I do it all by hand. But there may be a way if you know about computer programming - there are a number of programmers on the site, mcgin , datapunter, georgej who may be able to help you with this. :ok

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Hi LL, Always glad of your support, things went quiet for a while with no midweek selections, still no selection is better than picking a loser :loon I'm confident of these, so :hope for a good weekend.

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. How much might the BG & MW influence be 'diluting' possible selections? Todays selections, using just The Predictor, would have given 21 selections over the 48% Home figure, and returned just 1 'losing' Away Lay .... Bristol Rovers v Notts County. I don't have past results that The Predictor would have thrown-up, so can't justify this, but would be interesting to know ;)

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. TF, The problem with using just 1 engine is that 1 week it can look successful the next not quite so good - by using all 3 engines in conjunction it evens out their individual statistical bias - and the combined results have been very good.

Predictor Engines

#

Wins

Draws

Loss

Win Only %

Win & Draw %

TP (48%+)

56%

85%

BG (48%+)

55%

83%

MW (3 goal)

67%

83%

MW (2 goal)

54%

87%

MW (1 goal)

46%

75%

MW (overall)

50%

79%

TP & BG (both 48%+)

62%

88%

TP & MW (overall)

57%

88%

BG & MW (overall)

57%

83%

TP + BG + MW (overall)

65%

93%

TP + BG + MW (2 goal+)

62%

93%

I've asked before about just posting the selections by the current method but the census at the time was to publish the full tables as people use the tables in different ways - I've asked / requested people look at the tables and post thoughts on the selection method your input would be greatly appreciated - nobody here is saying that it can't be improved but I think we have a good balance at the % rate and the number of selections picked.

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Well on to Sundays matches and another selection for you :-

Date

Premiership

TP

BG

MW

Odds

12/03/06

Man Utd v Newcastle

71.3%

76%

3-1

1.40 :hope

12/03/06

Charlton v

Middlesbrough

55.3%

41%

1-1

12/03/06

Arsenal v

Liverpool

36.9%

54%

2-1

Date

League 1

TP

BG

MW

Odds

12/03/06

Swansea v Walsall

49.1%

44%

2-0

:ok

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Thanks Kanga, Your analysis table proves the point. Next question is, where do you get the BG figures (free I hope;) )? I've only just started to look at the MW files .... first impression is that they are big 'n bulky with a lot of un-neccessary graphics & worksheets. Willing to be corrected though ;) . I'm still trying to find my way around them, so any directions greatly appreciated.

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Cavelloman, Great results again :clap of course you can continue to post on this thread but if your system continues to be successful as it is - it might be an idea to start a new system & strategy thread where you will get more of a specific coverage rather than as an addition to this. Thunderfoot - I can appreciate your frustration - I left a bet on betfair early this morning as I was travelling away to play a golf match (a 5hr round trip and I'm only just home) - the lay price at the time was 8.4 and I placed at 8.2 - On the drive home I heard the expected good news on the Radio only to find that my bet wasn't matched :wall There's a moral to this story somewhere :loon

Re: Times Newspaper Predictor. Hi Kanga, At the moment I'm just experimenting with the Times predictor and floating ideas. If my present idea works till the end of the season I will run a full system from my own thread from next season starting in November. Like you I feel with football system betting a high strike is essential to avoid long losing runs that can cause a loss of confidence in the selection criteria. Keep up the good work and discovering the power of the Times Predictor is certainly been the best thing I got from the Punterslounge this year. By the way who is BG?