Cheltenham Ante post thread

bowles10

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cheltenham Ante post thread I have published the ante post odds on the Champion hurdle but also want to get hold of the ratings for those entered. Then we can do some comparisons against previous years etc. Will try to do each race at a time, any assistance gratefully received if you wish to post up info. the aim is to get a number of ante post selections at good prices before the event.

Re: Cheltenham Ante post thread Who else thinks that if it comes up soft Kingscliff is a good bet for the Gold Cup even at 6.50? :eek I've also had an each way bet on Two Miles West for the SunAlliance Novice Hurdle. Looks an extremely good prospect and is incredibly well bred. 33s available :tongue2 Baracouda 8/1 :eek :eek Surely a good each way prospect :eek :eek

Re: Cheltenham Ante post thread Kingscliff will not win the gold cup. Better horses will be there on the day and will be more ready. Kingscliff is not top class in my opinion. At 14/1 Faasel is a good each way bet for the Champion Hurdle but I can't see anything beating Hardy Eustace up the hill and it would be great if he could join the greats by getting a 3rd win in a row. Inglis Drever looks a good thing for the World Hurdle as 5/2 won't be available on the day, will probably be around 11/10 or maybe even odds on. I seriously can't see anything beating Moscow Flyer in the Champion Chase. He still towers above all the nearest challengers at his best and will be very hard to beat. The Gold Cup is to difficult to predict at this stage for me.

Re: Cheltenham Ante post thread Mr Bubbles :welcome to the ATR Racing Demon is 7/1 for the Arkle best priced. Cheltenham is a vastly different course than others & sometimes form is not the factor, A sound jumper, stayer & horses that can handle pressure are those attributes needed. I will be interested to see what else comes into the reckoning for the arkle during the season. I felt the 2nd on saturday Hoo la Baloo lost nothing in defeat & think that will be a major player come next March. Penzance won at the festival last year in a tussle with Faasel. it showed great stamina when staying on up the hill. It's reappearance wasnt great this season but i expect the horse to do better as the season goes on.

Re: Cheltenham Ante post thread

More of a poker person than a horse man but i think Penzance would be a good each way bet at 25's. Does anyone know what race racing demon would be likely to be entered in? although after its last performance I can't imagine the odds would be too great.
Penzance is/was a horse I was interested in. Last time out Penzance ran poorly and seemed to be a bit keen earlydoors and finished 3rd out of 4 by 8 lengths. As a Triumph Hurdle winner connections are obviouslly hoping for the big one, Champion Hurdle this year but I think it may be at least a ear too early. It'll be interesting to see how he runs next time out before plunging on for Cheltenham.

Thanks Guys some good points there. My early thoughts are: Gold cup War of Attrition 12/1 Ashley Brook 40/1 or 89.0 on Betfair Ollie Magern 20/1 Champion hurdle Mephisto 20/1 Essex 16/1 Arkle Hoo la Baloo 20/1 Missed that 16/1 Medison 25/1
I have had another look at these & still feel they will run big races. War Of attrition should be followed in the big irish chases this season. I really hope they campaign Ashley Brook now for the Gold cup after its impressive 2nd behind Kauto star on Saturday. The horse has won over 2m 6f & beat War of Attrition easily last season at both Cheltenham (2nd in Arkle) & at Aintree when it thrashed it by 16L. If War of Attrition is 12/1, Ashley should be no bigger than 20's in my book. I am having some of that 40/1 ew & a small win bet at Betfair (now 76.0). I dont think we are done yet with Ollie Magern & again there is value in the price at 20/1. Hoo La Baloo is down to 10's for the Arkle & this will be it's target. Again an ew way bet at 16/1 with Stan James appeals. Looking forward to seeing Mephisto out soon to get itself into the Champion Hurdle picture

Re: Cheltenham Ante post thread Cheers guys, I heard before Penzances last race that the trainer was expecting him to come on from it (or so was said in the elite racing club newsletter), It is due to run this weekend against Fassel again with Harchibald as fav i would imagine, so if it haves a good run there, then I can see its odds being slashed, so was trying to justify to myself the case for puting a few down on it now for cheltenham.

Re: Cheltenham Ante post thread War of Attrition out to 20's now after poor showing. Trainer blaming a virus so maybe we can discount it for now. Wouldnt be surprised to see this horse go for another race at Cheltenham instead now. Mephisto out at present also which is a downer.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Guys some good points there. My early thoughts are: Gold cup War of Attrition 12/1 Ashley Brook 40/1 or 89.0 on Betfair Ollie Magern 20/1 Champion hurdle Mephisto 20/1 Essex 16/1 Arkle Hoo la Baloo 20/1 Missed that 16/1 Medison 25/1
only the arkle left for me now with both Missed that & Hoo La Baloo winning on boxing day. These are both shorter odds now. Like to add Gold Cup Cyrlight at 33/1 Sp odds EW

Re: Cheltenham Ante post thread Now after the disastrous runnings over xmas, here is a list of Horses that now may represent great value: Hardy Eustace 6/1 Harchibald 5/1 x Moscow Flyer 6/1 Kauto Star 7/4 x Inglis Drever 3/1 Barracouda 7/1 x Kicking King 7/4 8 bets for a 4 timer? The problem is whether the horses get there on the day. Pays a minimum of £181 to a £1 stake & a max of £943.

Re: Cheltenham Ante post thread Kicking King represents value for me nearer the day as I can see it going off at odds against or close. Basically done nothing wrong and beaten what he's had to so far. Hardy Eustace definate value at that price for me. Let's see what Brave Inca can do in better ground up the hill at Cheltenham. Baracouda is a silly price and possibly each way (or Betfair place) bet of the century. Is Moscow Flyer past it? :eek Not seen the race at the weekend - did he run that badly? :\ Here's my value for Cheltenham: Arkle Accordion Etoile 6/1 Back In Front 14/1 SunAlliance Hurdle Two Miles West 33/1 Percussionist 33/1 Champion Hurdle Hardy Eustace 6/1 Macs Joy 33/1 :eek World Hurdle Baracouda 8/1 Gold Cup Take The Stand 28/1

Re: Cheltenham Ante post thread Considering Hi Cloy has never ran outside of Ireland ,I dont think there is much chance of him going to Cheltenham and add he's not qouted for any of the races as far I can see. But having beaten War of attrition by 8 and Moskow flyer by 5 lenghts this season I cant understand why not . I would like to know why not had anbody heard anything????

Re: Cheltenham Ante post thread I did look at Hi Cloy socky but left him out of my list because he's priced apporpriately in that he ain't gonna go to Chelters. Maybe it's worth chancing a bet though considering they have to go there now given that Moscow seems past his best.

Now after the disastrous runnings over xmas, here is a list of Horses that now may represent great value: Hardy Eustace 6/1 Harchibald 5/1 x Moscow Flyer 6/1 Kauto Star 7/4 x Inglis Drever 3/1 Barracouda 7/1 x Kicking King 7/4 8 bets for a 4 timer? The problem is whether the horses get there on the day. Pays a minimum of £181 to a £1 stake & a max of £943.
since i posted this a week ago, Harchibald, KK & Inglis have been injured. i think there is a conspiracy going on :loon

Re: Cheltenham Ante post thread Hello Guys Well its that time of year again we are coming upto the Cheltenham Festival and it would be nice to be confident of some horses that can give a good run for your money.Last year was not a brilliant Cheltenham Festival and there is definetly a feeling of dejavu when you look at what is happening to all the fancied horses as it was the this same last year. Kicking King was my best bet last Gold Cup. Rumour has it that if you have a good Cheltenham Year where a lot of the class horses actually do get to win.Then the next year will be a badun. Last was not to great so maybe this year might be better.Look at the most fancied horses in the races about Four Weeks to the off and do your Anti-Post bets then.Maybe we can all be pleasantly surprised. Good luck and good Punting. Would like to see peoples list of fancied horses as they did for previous meetings. War of Attrition is the horse that sticks out and Kauto Star. Make Hay Guys :D

Re: Cheltenham Ante post thread As ever i'm going for a value longshot in the Gold cup. Neptune Collonges, trained by Paul Nicholls. I've backed it to win £1200 on betfair, taking odds averaging 150-1. It's generally available at 50-1 with the bookies, although its far from certain to run. A five year old, it'll get 9lb from the others, and just like The Fellow its been jumping fences as a four year old in France. :dude

As ever i'm going for a value longshot in the Gold cup. Neptune Collonges, trained by Paul Nicholls. I've backed it to win £1200 on betfair, taking odds averaging 150-1. It's generally available at 50-1 with the bookies, although its far from certain to run. A five year old, it'll get 9lb from the others, and just like The Fellow its been jumping fences as a four year old in France. :dude
there's a few on this now HH, some shrewd EW money going down. GL:clap