** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

At long last, the PL Heads Up Tourney is here folks !!!!

Big Andy

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: At long last, the PL Heads Up Tourney is here folks !!!!

I'm in - I love heads-up poker! :D How comes everyones got a Paypal or Neteller account except me!? Can someone please tell me the advantages as it sounds like I'm behind the times! Thanks in advance. SFK
Personally, I don't use credit or debit cards for gambling/poker, so Neteller allows instant deposits/withdrawals. They act as a buffer for me, and allow me to keep my bankroll separate. btw SFK. Sad as it is there is only one Sheedy Free-kick that I remember. It was placed by Sheedy into the bottom right (GK right) so precisely it seemed as though it touched the corner of the net and ground at exactly the same time, and it had to be retaken. So Sheedy retakes the free kick and does exactly the same, only in the left corner. Awesome!! :clap :clap :clap Kind of like the idea of a group-stage for the heads up, but might that make it a little drawn out?

Re: At long last, the PL Heads Up Tourney is here folks !!!! Sorry for not replying earlier guys with ref to the possible group stages at the beginning. It was briefly considered, for the main resaon that Paulm03 suggested that it might give some of us a chance to play a few games before getting knocked out :lol . A group format will slightly draw out the tourney and create more admin for me, so unless the general concensus is for "group stage at the beginning" then I think for our first tourney, a quickfire knockout format will give us a bit of cutthroat poker and more interestingly, it might throw up some big name casualties :loon oh and it`s quite possible somebody will have a nice little payout in time for Christmas. This heads up has coincided nicely with the end of the PL league so maybe when the next one has finished we can do this all over again, with group stages, it`ll give me more time to plan it. we may not have to wait that long, if the demand is there was can run one anyway. Lets see.:ok Ok then, registration for this will end on midnight next Sunday 20th Nov. And I`ll leave you lot in suspenders by saying there will be a pretty interesting statement following that.:tongue2 So come on get your names down !.

Re: At long last, the PL Heads Up Tourney is here folks !!!! If you can give me details of the pl a/c for transferring payment then I´m in. I don´t have paypal as when I looked into it it seemed a bit complicated:unsure Or maybe it wasme being a bit thick. Also I have to admit to being a bit lazy as there were some complicated t&c´s.(all in spanish btw). But register me and I´ll play:hope

Re: At long last, the PL Heads Up Tourney is here folks !!!! List of entrants so far,

1. Big Andy
  2. GotaFancy?
  3. DeepBlueDevilFish
  4. Paul Ross
  5. Staffy
  6. SheedyFreeKick
  7. fenner
  8. Brael
  9. guesswest
  10. PaulM03
  11. GazBlades
  12. legendkiller
  13. DannyCash
  14. NorthernRed2
  15. waynemcke
  16. slapdash
  17. garryandnikki
  18. Jaded
  19. kevshat
  20. jeffers
  21. gazabroad
  22. runadrum
  23. Valiant23
  24. PocketLady
  25. cains
  26. pistonbroke
  27. NorfolkEnchance
  28. BillyHills
  29. swampster
  30. The Quiet Man
  31. NIGWAFC
  32. kip11
  33. phillosify
  34. Run DMC v Pat Nevin

don`t forget registration ends midnight tonight !! If I`ve missed anybody just yell at me:loon just to let you all know, myself and GaF have been monitoring the tables we are going to use at Ladbrokes. It seems they`ve scrapped 1 table and another appears to be blocked/reserved for someone else all of the time, this leaves only 2 available tables :sad and it appears to have got much busier than when we were looking at it a while back. This could prove to be a major problem for us to get games completed within a reasonable time scale. I`ve emailed Laddies to ask whats going on. I know this is not feasible for most of us, but if at all possible, it might pay to try to play matches away from peak times, as evenings have been rammed in there just lately. Does anybody have any ideas for an alternative host ?

Re: At long last, the PL Heads Up Tourney is here folks !!!! I suppose if it's full at Ladbrokes, it'll be full at all the other Prima skins. I don't think Cryptologic skins will be that popular although it's probably the most viable alternative. I'd love to have a go and improve my awful, awful heads-up (12am to 4pm, mind as I have work at 5:30pm to 9:45pm weekdays!).

Andy. I've just enquired at BetFred. A possibility.....
I think BA's already in contact with Betfred. We noticed that they had the UK Student Heads Up there - where private rooms were set up with an entry fee of $0.10 - so they certainly have the technology. I've contacted SO - we've obviously started developing a bit of a relationship with them - so I've outlined our problem and asked if they can help at all - not sure if they have the technology (haven't seen play money Heads Up STT's there at all) - but I figured they might be prepared to try and help us cos of all the problems recently.

1. Big Andy
  2. GotaFancy?
  3. DeepBlueDevilFish
  4. Paul Ross
  5. Staffy
  6. SheedyFreeKick
  7. fenner
  8. Brael
  9. guesswest
  10. PaulM03
  11. GazBlades
  12. legendkiller
  13. DannyCash
  14. NorthernRed2
  15. waynemcke
  16. slapdash
  17. garryandnikki
  18. Jaded
  19. kevshat
  20. jeffers
  21. gazabroad
  22. runadrum
  23. Valiant23
  24. PocketLady
  25. cains
  26. pistonbroke
  27. NorfolkEnchance
  28. BillyHills
  29. swampster
  30. The Quiet Man
  31. NIGWAFC
  32. kip11
  33. phillosify
  34. Run DMC v Pat Nevin
  35. Mr Bubbles
  36. stereoman

=============================================== Thats the final list of players or the heads up tourney. GaF? and myself are sorting the draw format out and there should be something up later today. Paul Ross is also in negotiations with Betfred to see if they can host this tourney. The draw format will be such that we don`t have to wait untill the whole of the round is complete to start the next round if players are available. This should really cut down on the time this tourney takes. As I say, look out for an update later today.:ok I`m hoping we`ll be able to get cracking by Wednesday/Thursday at the very latest :hope