Euro 2024 Predictions 14th - 18th June

10 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

Well done on the win, your take better than mine on the evidence of that game though VAR not on my side today. 2 Lukaku goals would’ve been most welcome for the top scorer bet! Hopefully get a reaction for the remaining two games.

Definitely had all the luck there with the disallowed goals. I wouldn't say your take was wrong btw - I didn't give Slovakia much chance either.

3 hours ago, JImmo said:

Tomorrow portugal game..

Portugal - Czech Republic

Bruno Fernandes o0.5 assist 5.5 bet365

That is a decent price, for anyone who can get on with them. The spreads rate him equally likely to score or assist but he’s a best price 5/2 to do the former. I’d make 5/2 at least close to fair and would be all over 9/2 for a goal. Whilst I’m generally wary of the assist market I’d be happy to take that price about a player who was deservedly near the top of the “most assists” market.

Hit the crossbar with the last HT-FT bet so I'll try again with Portugal at 2.75 and I'll also back 2-1 to Portugal at 10 - both with MGM. On the exchanges, I'm backing the Czechs at 7.66 - too big for my money.

Plenty of interest in this from a top scorer perspective and looking forward to it regardless (see how the Ronaldo scenario plays out) so just gone for a Bruno freekick goal at 25/1 as a "fun" bet. Think he's the better prospect from distance these days assuming he gets first dibs!

3 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

Plenty of interest in this from a top scorer perspective and looking forward to it regardless (see how the Ronaldo scenario plays out) so just gone for a Bruno freekick goal at 25/1 as a "fun" bet. Think he's the better prospect from distance these days assuming he gets first dibs!

I've seen plenty tipping Bruno for goals and free-kicks but I can't see it. You're hoping first of all that Ronaldo doesn't fancy a free-kick - I'm sure he gets first refusal - and then after that that Fernandes takes it and scores it. Personally I couldn't even have that as a fun bet, as it'll be no fun to likely watch Ronaldo take every direct free kick. As always though the best of luck.

2 minutes ago, Torque said:

I've seen plenty tipping Bruno for goals and free-kicks but I can't see it. You're hoping first of all that Ronaldo doesn't fancy a free-kick - I'm sure he gets first refusal - and then after that that Fernandes takes it and scores it. Personally I couldn't even have that as a fun bet, as it'll be no fun to likely watch Ronaldo take every direct free kick. As always though the best of luck.

Ah well, I've already had a bit of preliminary fun from the bet via it engendering a bit of a discussion! I'm banking on old man Ronaldo only playing about 45 minutes these days before he goes off for a rest. No doubt Bruno lands the 9/2 assist bet that I couldn't get on courtesy of our friends at 365. I'm also fully expecting him to be player of the tournament as I backed Chiesa by mistake and the odds had gone by the time I realised. :eyes