Hi all, I've had a look around the site and decided to join as I see a lot of knowledgeable and helpful people in here. I trade on football but I've always had a great interest in horse racing. I've never betted on a horse race other than having a punt on the Grand National!

The amount of knowledge regarding stats on horses, jockeys, trainers and courses etc, that you need to bet sensibly on the horses has always put me off, but as with anything in life, if you want have an edge you need to gain knowledge in the subject. That's why I'm here to try and learn as much as possible about racing before I decide to risk my money 😁

Hi @Rob W. Welcome to the forum. The horse racing community are very modest here so they'll never blow their own trumpets but I can honestly say they're a cracking bunch with a superb knowledge base for the sport. You'll not only learn a lot from the staff and members here but you'll have a great time doing it too! :ok

Welcome Rob.

1 minute ago, StevieDay1983 said:

The horse racing community are very modest here so they'll never blow their own trumpets

You branching out into stand up mate? :lol Only joking, they are indeed extremely knowledgeable and there's a good mix of tips, advice and theoretical discussions. They even let me take part.

25 minutes ago, Rob W said:

I trade on football

Have a look at the footy threads as well, any input most welcome there, especially as focus turns towards the Euros.

38 minutes ago, Rob W said:

Hi all, I've had a look around the site and decided to join as I see a lot of knowledgeable and helpful people in here. I trade on football but I've always had a great interest in horse racing. I've never betted on a horse race other than having a punt on the Grand National!

The amount of knowledge regarding stats on horses, jockeys, trainers and courses etc, that you need to bet sensibly on the horses has always put me off, but as with anything in life, if you want have an edge you need to gain knowledge in the subject. That's why I'm here to try and learn as much as possible about racing before I decide to risk my money 😁

Hi Rob,

Welcome aboard.