Scheffler is clearly the best golfer but can't bring myself to touch him at under 5/1 within a week of him having his first child!

Each-way

Ludvig Aberg @ 15/1 (10 places) — 3pts e/w

Xander Schauffele @ 14/1 (10 places) — 3pts e/w

Wyndham Clark @ 50/1 (8 places) — 2pts e/w

Stephan Jaeger @ 110/1 (10 places) 1.5 pts e/w

Top X markets 

Tony Finau top 20 @ 7/2
Russell Henley top 20 @ 100/30
Stephan Jaeger top 20 @ 4/1
Aaron Rai top 30 @ 3/1
Chris Gotterup top 40 @ 3/1
Ben Griffin top 40 @ 100/30
Brice Garnett top 40 @ 6/1
Lucas Glover top 40 @ 2/1

Went schauffele and scheffler . Also couple of small bets on clark and cantlay.

Had dechambeau 1st round leader and also clark.

Did a few lucky dips, but no point putting them up, think all must be 1000/1 shots, lol and I only got 130/1 and 125/1.

Mcilroy must have shot a birdie first couple of holes as got a free bet via coral shaker thingy, so stuck on hovland.

Dad has went aberg, straka, young and sure it was morikawa, lol, can't mind.

Scheffler still 3rd fav in-running, despite the trauma of his arrest. Would be up there with the greatest major wins of all time if he pulls it off?

18 hours ago, TomG said:

Scheffler still 3rd fav in-running, despite the trauma of his arrest. Would be up there with the greatest major wins of all time if he pulls it off?

I'm not sure I would call committing crimes then going onto win the 'greatest' lol. I would more label it as a 'controversial' win etc.

That all said, I'm glad to see we all have players on here in contention. Fingers crossed we can muster some profits between us over the next few days.

Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2024 at 1:50 PM, philipwalsh19 said:

Scheffler is clearly the best golfer but can't bring myself to touch him at under 5/1 within a week of him having his first child!

Each-way

Ludvig Aberg @ 15/1 (10 places) — 3pts e/w

Xander Schauffele @ 14/1 (10 places) — 3pts e/w [WIN]

Wyndham Clark @ 50/1 (8 places) — 2pts e/w

Stephan Jaeger @ 110/1 (10 places) 1.5 pts e/w

Top X markets 

Tony Finau top 20 @ 7/2 [WIN]
Russell Henley top 20 @ 100/30
Stephan Jaeger top 20 @ 4/1
Aaron Rai top 30 @ 3/1
Chris Gotterup top 40 @ 3/1
Ben Griffin top 40 @ 100/30
Brice Garnett top 40 @ 6/1 [WIN]
Lucas Glover top 40 @ 2/1

With my staking plan the "Top X" markets were 1pt per play. 

Based on the staking plan above, the profit was 40.9 pts on a 27pts outlay — which equates to a return on investment of 151%

Edited by philipwalsh19

Well done guys, it’s actually quicker to commiserate with Tony for not backing the winner rather than congratulate those of you who did! :) It would have been a good week for me to have just surfed the wisdom of the crowd.

On 5/15/2024 at 1:50 PM, philipwalsh19 said:

Tony Finau top 20 @ 7/2

I’m curious re this one, it wouldn’t make much difference to the total return but wouldn’t there have been a dead heat settlement as there was a 5 way tie for 18th? I’d have expected the return to be based on 3 5ths of the stake. Be good to know if there are books out there that settle the markets “including ties” rather than “dead heat rules apply”.

4 hours ago, harry_rag said:

I’m curious re this one, it wouldn’t make much difference to the total return but wouldn’t there have been a dead heat settlement as there was a 5 way tie for 18th? I’d have expected the return to be based on 3 5ths of the stake. Be good to know if there are books out there that settle the markets “including ties” rather than “dead heat rules apply”.

I know Bet365 offer this market.

As I've seen two separate markets on their site before. Saying for example:

'Top 20'

'Top 20 Including Ties'

4 hours ago, harry_rag said:

Well done guys, it’s actually quicker to commiserate with Tony for not backing the winner rather than congratulate those of you who did! :) It would have been a good week for me to have just surfed the wisdom of the crowd.

Yes, you're 100% right on this - I just checked my Betfair Exchange account.

They paid out on Finau Top 20 at a price of 2.7 (equivalent of 13/8 and 7/4) when the orignal price was 7/2.

3 hours ago, philipwalsh19 said:

Yes, you're 100% right on this - I just checked my Betfair Exchange account.

They paid out on Finau Top 20 at a price of 2.7 (equivalent of 13/8 and 7/4) when the orignal price was 7/2.

That's interesting @philipwalsh19 I'll need to aftertime so apologies, but I had five players in the top 20 on the exchanges and the prices I took were the prices I was paid out on.

11 minutes ago, Torque said:

That's interesting @philipwalsh19 I'll need to aftertime so apologies, but I had five players in the top 20 on the exchanges and the prices I took were the prices I was paid out on.

Were they in the tie for 20th place though, otherwise it's not relevant.

Just now, Torque said:

No @harry_rag but one was tied higher up the leaderboard.

The only players affected are the 5 who tied for 20th place. They effectively shared 18th - 22nd place. So they would all payout as 3 5ths of stake as a winner and 2 5ths a loser as per standard dead heat rules. Everyone above them is a full winner, tied or not. Everyone below a loser.

12 minutes ago, Torque said:

I wasn't aware of that @harry_rag so thanks for the information. You learn something new and all that...

It can get really complicated when place terms come into play as well. Many years ago I did each way perms on the top nationalities markets in a Major and the shop hadn’t got a clue how to settle it. I didn’t know either but I knew they weren’t offering me enough. I ended up speaking to a guy in their back office who explained it really well so I’ve had a decent understanding of it since then.