** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Racing Chat - Wednesday 1st May

Walk Away Harry 2:30 Punchestown (4/1 Skybet). Chap I follow on X is sweet on this one. Had issue with wind that is hopefully solved now (1st time TS on). Form of bumper win has been well franked (3rd and 5th gained RPRs of 131 and 143 since). Runs off just 113 so well weighted on ability.

2pts win 4/1 Skybet

Well backed into 7/4 but struggling a long way out and didn't land a blow 🤢

P/L: -9.3pts.

Edited by yossa6133

Well after a 'bonus' day Tuesday with an EW Win and EW 2nd, so adding very nicely to our 'pot' for upcoming Newmarket meeting we attending.....

we had a look at Ascot card and big prize money on offer and saw some races only 5 or 6 runners 😥.....

normally we go to the opening day of new Ascot season, but as we have an invite for Newmarket 3 day weekend we passed it over. Its such a shame as Grandstand tickets are £20, its generally known as a trials day for horses, who then go forward to the Royal Ascot meeting with an experience of the course 🐎  but we dont envisage a large crowd im afraid! Soooo we wish the Ascot team well on opening day for some top class racing  / prize money. We will see you soon and many friends there, to experience 1 Fabulous day at end of June for the Royal Meeting 😂

Late tip from HQ......

3.25 Woolhampton @ 7/2 for Devon trainer B Millman, run 3 times at course Win / 2nd / 3rd..... not coming up to Ascot for day out & 7lbs decent claimer onboard.......WON

Edited by Brahmin

Watchya                                                              3 25 Asc/       1/40th of a pt ew  12/1

Sempo                                                                 3 40 Pun       1/40th of a pt ew  44/1

Conflated                                                            5 25 Pun       1/40th of a pt ew  40/1

Roedora                                                              6 35 Pun       1/40th of a pt ew  38/1

Rossario                                                              2 50 Asc        1/40th of a pt ew  18/1

Edited by black rabbit

830 kemp 

Cajetan.  8.2 2/1 

Inv.speed 8.0 

Want want 8.0 18/1 

Bit of a risky one this ......cajetan could be anything trying kempton first time ....some horses just don't take to it ...invincible speed won well last time but hcapper hammered him 10lb so much more on plate today ... Computer said WANT WANT would be Ew value bet at 8/1 and he was around that last night but has drifted to 18/1 !!!!..     now that sounds negative but if it was value bet at 8 then 18 looks a gift .... I'll try small 3pts Ew in case there's a reason it's drifted 

28 minutes ago, richard-westwood said:

830 kemp 

Cajetan.  8.2 2/1 

Inv.speed 8.0 

Want want 8.0 18/1 

Bit of a risky one this ......cajetan could be anything trying kempton first time ....some horses just don't take to it ...invincible speed won well last time but hcapper hammered him 10lb so much more on plate today ... Computer said WANT WANT would be Ew value bet at 8/1 and he was around that last night but has drifted to 18/1 !!!!..     now that sounds negative but if it was value bet at 8 then 18 looks a gift .... I'll try small 3pts Ew in case there's a reason it's drifted 

So you wouldn't touch Cajetan and would just play WANT WANT e/w?

I gotta system ! ......... for early season 2 year old 5 furlong races where there's not much form and lots of runners making debuts

(the system is based around sires and damsires progeny average winning trips)

So today we have a nice little Class 2 race at Ascot 1.10 which often throws up Royal Ascot types and my selection is Enchanting Empress EW at 9/1 bet365 (2 places). Outsider of the field and the only filly (which admittedly is a worry). She won on debut and the 2nd has won next time out. She also beat some colts in that race.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Hotspur88 said:

So you wouldn't touch Cajetan and would just play WANT WANT e/w?

Cajetan is 2/1 so the bookies really fancy him .....but I'm looking for value on a quiet day so I'd rather back a 18/1 than a 2/1 .....want want could finish 8th because they know something with the drift or he could storm clear in the straight .....risky bet but good value win or lose ....I'd be happy with a place 

Sky are going 14/1 4places for the faint of heart 🫣🤣

Edited by richard-westwood

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

I gotta system ! ......... for early season 2 year old 5 furlong races where there's not much form and lots of runners making debuts

(the system is based around sires and damsires progeny average winning trips)

So today we have a nice little Class 2 race at Ascot 1.10 which often throws up Royal Ascot types and my selection is Enchanting Empress EW at 9/1 bet365 (2 places). Outsider of the field and the only filly (which admittedly is a worry). She won on debut and the 2nd has won next time out. She also beat some colts in that race.

WON ! ....... I'll have to put up more selections from my system !

the fact she's beaten a field of well regarded colts, most of which have already won a race, suggests she's pretty useful

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

WON ! ....... I'll have to put up more selections from my system !

the fact she's beaten a field of well regarded colts, most of which have already won a race, suggests she's pretty useful

Sergei Prokofiev's 2 year old fillies are 4 from 6 so far this season , good stats , see how they go when the ground goes good to firm .

9 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

830 kemp 

Cajetan.  8.2 2/1 

Inv.speed 8.0 

Want want 8.0 18/1 

Cajetan! Legend 🤝🏼👏🏼🔥

Had a 2pt win on Cajetan & 0.25pts e/w on Want Want who lost it's chances at the stalls so a nice profit cheers mate. 

8 hours ago, Hotspur88 said:

Cajetan! Legend 🤝🏼👏🏼🔥

Had a 2pt win on Cajetan & 0.25pts e/w on Want Want who lost it's chances at the stalls so a nice profit cheers mate. 

One to watch ....want want is way better than that ...I can see him popping up at a big price soon ...but hey ...sometimes they blow it 😭🤣