Premier League Predictions > February 17th - 19th

image.png

image.png

Here's this weekend's Premier League fixtures. Liverpool will be hoping to open up a 5 point gap in the lunchtime game with Man City playing an erratic Chelsea at tea time. Luton are finding their scoring boots and it's worth backing both Morris and Adebayo at a decent price at the moment. Let us know your thoughts here.

It's a shame Luton aren't playing Manchester United a couple of months ago because they'd have been a great underdog pick back then. Unfortunately, the Red Devils seem to be getting their act together again now. I'm wondering if Sheffield United to beat Brighton at 4/1 is worth a punt. They are showing glimpses of fight under Chris Wilder and the Seagulls have shown they have the odd slip-up in their locker.

4 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

It's a shame Luton aren't playing Manchester United a couple of months ago because they'd have been a great underdog pick back then.

Though Luton have only really got their act together quite recently. Morris 10/3 looks decent, Adebayo 11/4 a bit stingy but should get better on the exchange. Dutching either to score at better than evens should be a solid bet.

Brentford FC vs Liverpool

2024-02-17T13:30+01:00

Brentford FC

Doubtful: Yoane Wissa (19/4 m), Frank Onyeka (16/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): Rico Henry (5/0 d), Bryan Mbeumo (15/7 m, top scorer), Aaron Hickey (9/0 d), Kevin Schade (5/1 m), Joshua Dasilva (3/0 m)

Suspended: -

Liverpool

Doubtful: Dominik Szoboszlai (21/3 m)

Out (injuries/other): Stefan Bajcetic (0/0 m), Joel Matip (10/0 d), Thiago Alcantara (1/0 m), Trent Alexander-Arnold (21/2 d)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more than 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Interesting facts based only on statistics
Brentford FC scored at least one goal in 92% of home games.
Liverpool scored at least one goal in 100% of away games.
79% chance that both Brentford FC and Liverpool will score in this game.
46% chance that both Brentford FC and Liverpool will score in first-half.
63% chance that both team will score and goal count will be over 2.5 goals.
96% chance that there will be more than 1 goal in this game.
71% chance that there will be more than 2 goals in this game.
50% chance that there will be more than 3 goals in this game.
79% chance that there will be at least 1 goal in the first-half.

Home Away Model Home Hcp. Book H. Hcp. H. Hcp. (D)Adv.
Brentford Liverpool 0,48 0,75 0,27
Burnley Arsenal 2,38 1,50 -0,88
Fulham Aston Villa 0,83 0,25 -0,58
Newcastle Utd Bournemouth -0,25 -0,50 -0,25
Nott'ham Forest West Ham -1,20 -0,25 0,95
Tottenham Wolves -1,63 -1,00 0,63
Manchester City Chelsea -1,62 -1,50 0,12
Sheffield Utd Brighton 0,54 1,00 0,46
Luton Town Manchester Utd -1,59 0,75 2,34
Everton Crystal Palace -0,14 -0,75 -0,61

12 hours ago, MMFloors said:

@StevieDay1983 According to my model Luton is still a good one and Sheffield also. I'll keep my eyes on both.

Discarded Luton. Too many key (as in; players who contribute a lot to the underlying stats of the model) injuries.

Sheffield pending, waiting if Hamer is fit to play.

Edited by MMFloors

On 2/15/2024 at 8:12 PM, harry_rag said:

Morris 10/3 looks decent, Adebayo 11/4 a bit stingy but should get better on the exchange. Dutching either to score at better than evens should be a solid bet.

Was only 3/1 today so tried to get better in play and not matched in time. Right logic but looks like I may have backed the wrong (reserve) horse!

Calvert-Lewin (yet again) a reluctant system bet at 2/1. Maybe he can do a Gordon and actually score when I back him for once. With such a weak favourite in the market there could be scope elsewhere and Doucoure is rated the next most likely Everton scorer. On this occasion he seems most underrated by the spread firms so I've had a rare buy of his goal minutes at 11.

Everton have had a fairly tricky run of games lately, even Luton were on fire when they visited Goodison. This looks much easier and Dyche will have been targeting this game big time for 3 much needed points. They've also not played since the 10th, so plenty of time to prepare. Palace will also have to adjust to a new way of playing with Hodgson stepping aside. 

Only a new manager bounce can save Palace and I've taken some 4/5 on Everton.

Edited by yossa6133