Players Championship '24

Fader

New seasons of Players Championship events. 1 and 2 tomorrow and Tuesday. Tomorrow, I can't find a 4 places bookie. As usual, nowadays. Tempted with Heta tomorrow but price isn't big enough and he never seems to get over the line. Littler at 6/1 is just silly. No doubt he has a great chance but  no thanks.

1pt e/w R.Smith 50/1 Paddypower
------------------------------------
0.25pts e/w A.Baetens 125/1 Paddypower
0.25pts e/w S.Williams 125/1 Paddypower
0.25pts e/w Pietreczko 150/1 Paddypower
0.25pts e/w Joyce 175/1 Paddypower
0.25pts e/w Szaganaski 250/1 Paddypower
0.25ps e/w Dom Taylor 450/1 Paddypower

I’m getting a bit bored watching the same  eight players week in week out - so good to have the Players Championship events back.

Difficult to know what sort of form most players are in, but I’m taking some big prices (placed these before I saw this thread, so good to see Fader agrees with some of them).

Baetens (125/1), Joyce (175/1), Veenstra (250/1), Nijmam (250/1) and Taylor (450/1).

Star Sports also have a market about a player to win any of the 30 Players Championship events in 2024. So have backed Dom Taylor at 14/1 there too.

Good luck.

Yes, I find the PL format boring too.

From the above mentioned, I also went with Ross Smith (of course, LOL... I just always have that feeling he should march through the field, but obviously I had the same feeling before the Masters :loon ), Pietreczko, Joyce and Veenstra. 

And then I also went with Doets, it was around 250 if I remember right.

No big shock with the winner. Littler could well be a player that ruins our Players Championship events aswell as the bigger events. Just wins every match right now. Here's what I'm going with in the 2nd one, Tuesday. I'm going to try with Star Sports, to get the 4 places :

1.5pts Anderson 16/1 Bet365
---------------------------------------------------------
0.5pts e/w Baetens 80/1 WillHill (2 places)
0.5pts e/w Clemens 100/1 StarSports (4 places)
0.5pts e/w De Decker 100/1 StarSports (4 places)
0.25pts e/w Dom Taylor 125/1 StarSports (4 places)
0.25pts e/w Joyce 125/1 StarSports (4 places)
0.25pts e/w Pilgrim 150/1 StarSports (4 places)
0.25pts e/w Smith-Neale 325/1 Startsports (4 places)

A lot of the players were complaining it was too cold yesterday - Price took it one step further and withdrew from his match because of the conditions. Strange really, as he’d banged in a couple of high averages before that.

Going with Baetens (80/1), Nijman (200/1), De Decker (150/1), Gilding (175/1) and Joyce (150/1) today.

1 hour ago, ThunderDan9 said:

Yes, Littler DEVOURING everything... in the coming tournaments, he really needs to be eliminated somehow if we want to land a winner, LOL. It's different now...

What happened to Price, by the way? Score says 4-2 Dolan... 

Soutar possibly worth considering too, he's 150 in places. He had two darts to go 6-4 ahead of Littler yesterday, but couldn't close the deal. 

52 minutes ago, daveg said:

A lot of the players were complaining it was too cold yesterday - Price took it one step further and withdrew from his match because of the conditions. Strange really, as he’d banged in a couple of high averages before that.

Going with Baetens (80/1), Nijman (200/1), De Decker (150/1), Gilding (175/1) and Joyce (150/1) today.

Yeah he was 4-2 down though in a first to 6. lol 

Just now, amity said:

Sorry if anyone followed me, I just put small change on him seeing as the chances of winning are pretty small. 

Don't be silly. These things are very hard to call and can come down to just bad draws or luck. I thought about Soutar but thought he may feel abit deflated after getting close yesterday.  

2 minutes ago, Fader said:

lol, I had a bet on Rydz. He was 5-1 up and the score was 41-400 against De Sousa and I'm currently watching him throw the whole match away :D 

He finally got over the line! 😁

4 minutes ago, ThunderDan9 said:

Yeah, but what is he doing here in the first place? :loon And I don' like the Scot/Scot dynamic.

Anyways, first it is Barney.

more likely to lose to Barney than Wright.

great stuff from Gary. 3 9-darter attempts missed on the final D12 for Gary today.

19 hours ago, Fader said:

No big shock with the winner. Littler could well be a player that ruins our Players Championship events aswell as the bigger events. Just wins every match right now. Here's what I'm going with in the 2nd one, Tuesday. I'm going to try with Star Sports, to get the 4 places :

1.5pts Anderson 16/1 Bet365